Akane met Arale in Miss Yamabuki's class when Arale was assigned to be desk partners with her. After the school day was over Akane became annoyed with Arale as she followed her after school to where she met up with her friends Taro and Peasuke. Arale quickly gained Akane's respect and, along with Taro and Peasuke, accepted Arale when they saw Arale's strength, and eventually she became Arale's best friend.
Akane speaks to the gang while at the coffee pot about what their plans are for spring break. Akane tells everyone that their choices were all lame and boring. Later on she was pulled over for speeding by Taro, just prior to Goku's warning of the Red Ribbon Army being in Penguin Village. Akane tries to test out the Flying Nimbus but it rejects her because she is not of pure heart. She then goes to tell Tsukutsun about Goku but he does not believe her.
A bystander in Goku's Fire Brigade closely resembles Akane.
Dragon Ball Super
Dr. Slump remake
In the 1997 remake, Akane's hair is changed from blonde to redhead (making her hair the same color as her sister Aoi).
Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission
Taro Soramame, Peasuke Soramame, and Akane Kimidori make a cameo in the sixth chapter of Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission, in their 1997 remake appearance. They are at Satan Mall, in the Heroes Stadium, during the Dragon Ball Heroes tournament final match between Beat and Froze.
Yuki Uchida plays Akane in a live-action Dr. Slump themed commercial for GU clothing store. In the commercial she is standing next to Peasuke and Taro in front of the Coffee Pot watching Arale transform into an outfit from the store.
- Cobra Twist – A real world wrestling move. She lists this as her talent in her résumé.
Video game appearances
- Japanese dub: Kazuko Sugiyama (1980s series), Hiroko Konishi (1990s series)
- English FUNimation dub: Laura Bailey
- English Blue Water dub: Carol-Anne Day
- Akane's personality is very similar to Bulma. Her annoyance with Arale at the beginning of Dr. Slump is almost the same way Bulma was with Goku in the beginning of Dragon Ball. Her relationship with Tsukutsun is similar to Bulma's relationship with Yamcha and they are both seen riding scooters or motorcycles a lot.