"Whoever owns these clothes should have their optic sensors adjusted. They are obviously malfunctioning."
Android 18 (人造人間１８号 Jinzōningen Jū Hachi-Gō, lit. "Artificial Human No. 18"), Lazuli (ラズリ Razuri) when she was an ordinary human, is the twin sister of Android 17 and Dr. Gero's eighteenth android creation, designed to serve Gero's vendetta against Goku. While her interests do not initially deviate from this expectation, her curiosity to activate Android 16, in spite of Gero's orders not to do so, leads Android 17 to take it upon himself to murder Gero. Eventually, Android 18 becomes a member of the Z Fighters, as well as the wife of Krillin and the mother of their daughter Marron.
Android 18 is a slender and beautiful woman of above-average height and fair complexion. She has shoulder-length hair that is either blonde (in most material) or silver (in recent Toriyama artwork and the Super manga) that parts over her left temple, which she generally keeps tucked behind her ear. She consistently wears small gold hoop earrings on both ears. In the Androids Saga when she is first activated by Dr. Gero, she wears a blue denim vest and skirt (with the Red Ribbon logo on the back of the vest) with dark blue tights, a brown belt, brown boots, and a black shirt that has white and black striped long sleeves. After her clothes were ruined in her battle against Vegeta, she changes to a western-style outfit consisting of a brown armor vest and skirt with dark navy leggings, a blue-green long sleeve turtleneck shirt, and brown cowboy boots. Later when the androids arrive at Goku's house and throughout the Cell Saga, she wears a black mini vest with a golden triangle pin, a white short sleeve undershirt with a pearl necklace, dark teal jeans with a golden chain, a brown belt, a pair of short black gloves with a gold bracelet on the left one, and black flats with orange socks.
When she is married to Krillin and living at Kame House, she wears a pale blue buttoned-up denim vest, white jeans, red hoop earrings along with a red bracelet on her left hand, and black flip-flops. Her blue eyes had a slightly darker coloration than last time. Later, at the World Martial Arts Tournament and throughout the Buu Saga, she wears a black shirt with white and black striped long sleeves, blue jeans, a brown belt, and black flats with orange socks. It is noticeable that this outfit incorporates between her first outfit in the Androids Saga and her third outfit in the Cell Saga as the shirt, belt, and color scheme is taken from her first outfit, while the jeans and flats are taken from her third outfit.
In Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, her outfit in the World Tournament Saga has some minor changes. The color of her black shirt has been changed to dark indigo along with the black and white stripe sleeves being recolored to purple. Additionally, the color of her jeans has been changed to pale blue and is slightly shorter while the color of her hoop earrings has been changed from red to silver. Lastly, the color of her socks has been changed to white with the upper portion no longer being rolled up, and her black flats has been changed to dark indigo and no longer contains the tie. She also wears a pearl necklace identical to the one she wore during the Cell arcs, only it was embedded with a thunder pendant, she now possesses blue-green eyes as opposed to her original blue.
In Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, her appearance remains largely the same as Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods with the only noticeable changes being she no longer wears a pearl necklace along with the cuffs of her shirt and sleeves being colored white and now wears blue boots. Additionally, the bottom of her shirt no longer appears to be tucked in, now concealing her belt.
At the end of Dragon Ball Z, she cuts her hair shorter which resembles Bulma's bowl-cut hairstyle from the Majin Buu saga and wears fashionable business attire. Her outfit is a red sleeveless shirt, pale yellow business pants, the pale gold hoop earrings she had initially worn during the Androids and Cell arcs, the same gold bracelet on her left wrist which she had worn during the Cell arc, and brown flats. She also wears the pearl necklace that she previously wore during Imperfect Cell Saga and the Cell Games.
For the Universe Survival Saga, she wears a pink tracksuit identical to Gohan's during Frieza's invasion of Earth, and grey shoes with white soles.
In Dragon Ball GT while being the servant of Baby and later cured with the Sacred Water, she wears a red long sleeve turtleneck shirt, black pants, silver hoop earrings, pearl necklace and red flats. Her short hair had finally grown out and was styled into a short bob.
In Super 17 saga, she wears a purple business suit jacket with a pink short sleeve undershirt, purple business pants, gold hoop earrings, pearl necklace and red heels. She also retains her hairstyle from the end of Dragon Ball Z. While facing her twin brother for the second time, she was later seen without her business suit jacket and the pearl necklace on her neck as a black strapless bra is shown underneath her pink short sleeve shirt after she angrily rips half of her shirt while taunting her twin brother to kill her.
At the end of Dragon Ball GT, she was seen wearing her pink short sleeve shirt, reddish brown pants, and red flats.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, her Gift (Android 18) Special Costume is a Swimsuit based on the Trendy Bikini which in her case consists of a white bikini with black accents. The bikini top features a Turtle School kanji symbol 亀 (Kame lit. Turtle) on the top's left breast and she wears white bikini bottoms with black frills.
Like her brother, Android 18 usually displays a cool and confident character, especially in battle, although her sarcastic humor is the most striking trait of her personality. This is demonstrated when Goku takes notice of her assembly with the Z Fighters at the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament, leading to the retort "Look, he noticed. How cute." (in Japanese she says "Took you a while idiot!"). Shortly after this, she is asked by the World Tournament Announcer if her real name is legitimately "No. 18", to which she responds "My father was pretty dull" (in Japanese, she replies "That it doesn't matter" before tossing the number at the World Tournament Announcer). Although she isn't characterized for this, 18 can be very curious if she is really interested in something, to the point of activating her comrade Android 16, and wondering what present she will give to her husband Krillin during a dispute of a wish with the others using the Dragon Balls. She often expresses herself in her cool and downplayed manner well into her marriage with Krillin, often smiling in a somewhat subdued fashion that conveys her very laid back personality, in Super, however, she is often seen smiling. However, 18's sense of humor is not always tactful, as she jokingly expressed to Future Trunks that she wanted reimbursement for him killing her alternate universe counterpart, much to Future Trunks' displeasure. This is a rare instance where Android 18's humor was anything but tactful, as per her usual timing. This failure is likely due to Android 18 being unaware how murderous her counterpart was and how much Future Trunks had suffered because of it, as she likely would have more sensitive had she known the full extent of the destruction and suffering caused by her and her brother's counterparts. She is also shown to be rather prideful, though not to the same extent as her brother had been during the Imperfect Cell Saga.
As an older sister and delinquent, and later as a wife and martial artist, Android 18 is shown to be outwardly commanding, insisting that she and her brother 17, and later she and Krillin, have to make strides to improve the family's financial situation, insisting Krillin to join the Tournament for the prize money, forcing Mr. Satan into a deal about giving her 20 million Zeni to the point of destroying his property and multiplying the prize money a hundred-fold, wanting Shenron to grant her wish for a present for Krillin, and initially saying that she would only fight at the Tournament of Power if she gains money for it although she later decides to enter because she suspects that the tournament is not really a game. In the Game Boy Advance game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, Android 18 is hinted to dislike driving solely because of Android 17's insistence on driving around aimlessly without anything better to do. However, 18 still exhibits some of her sensitivity and even protective side, especially towards her twin brother, daughter, and husband. This is in stark contrast to her alternate self from Future Trunks' timeline, where she is a murderous sociopath who cares for no one but herself and her brother though this is mainly due to the fact that Future Dr. Gero had altered Future 17 and 18 to hate humanity, which never occurred in the main timeline. 18 also possesses a vast distaste if not outright hatred of violence against children, to the point that after witnessing Lord Beerus's attacks against Gotenks she lost her temper and proceeded to assault him, despite his decisively superior power. This is likely due to her instincts as a mother and fondness for her friends' children despite being frequently annoyed by the underage Super Saiyans. Unlike her brother, she, like Goku and any other fighter, sometimes had the tendency to let her guard down during battle, allowing her opponents to take advantage, primarily because of her cool and laid-back attitude, as demonstrated by Shosa in the tournament.
Like her brother, she developed hatred towards Dr. Gero for modifying them against their will, though interestingly, she still uses the name No. 18 instead of her original name Lazuli and in the dub even sarcastically refers to Dr. Gero as her father (as he was the one who gave her the name No. 18) when asked about her name during the World Tournament. It was this shared hatred of Gero that convinced 18 that Cell was only imitating 17's voice to trick her. Though she lacks her future counterpart's sociopathic and murderous personality, she does share her counterpart's love of shopping and interest in fashion, as well as taking care in maintaining her appearance and dislikes having her clothing or hair damaged in battle. In the anime, she is shown to dislike Chi-Chi's Chinese dresses while trying her clothes when the Androids come to Goku's House looking for Goku. This is in contrast with her future counterpart who had no problem with the Chinese dresses she tried on while shopping for clothes during The History of Trunks special, showing that she and her counterpart apparently have different tastes in fashion.
By the time of Dragon Ball Super, Android 18 is seems to have grown kinder and compassionate, often seen smiling and is closer to Krillin and Marron compared to last time, where she is shown always folding her arms and looking withdrawn from the characters (like Vegeta and Piccolo, with the former before being accustomed to earthly society), only smiling when she sees her daughter and participating in some activities with the characters, like in the God of Destruction Beerus Saga, she participates in the bingo tournament. When she encounters Future Trunks after so many years, she is shown to be more kind and friendly to him than the last time they met, giving him a fist and joking about her future self's death. Android 18's close relationship with Krillin had led her to want to give a present for him, which she wanted to use the Dragon Balls to wish for a present, when Bulma told #18 that having her and Marron is better than having any present, she was struck with flattery, causing her face to blush, implying that she really loves her husband, and even cheers for him during Universe 6 and Universe 7's baseball match. In addition, she also ended up joining the Tournament of Power, not due to money, but because she suspected from both the increasing prize money, Goku and Gohan's increasingly desperate offers to have them join, and Gohan's serious disposition that the results if they lost the tournament would be very severe. However, she is cold towards her brother after reuniting with him for the tournament and tells Krillin not to force it when he tries to break the ice by initiating a friendly conversation with his brother-in-law. She also threatened to kill her brother if he mispronounced Marron's name as "Maron" a second time (however this may be due to it reminding her of Krillin's ex-girlfriend Maron, or it could have been a sanctimonious, empty threat), indicating that she and her brother have grown distant since the Imperfect Cell Saga.
Despite this, both siblings are still capable working well together as a team during the Tournament of Power and even strategize together to take advantage of their infinite stamina. Android 18 also nevertheless still deeply cared for him, as she was very distraught when he killed himself to save Goku and Vegeta along with Universe 7. In Xenoverse 2, she states she has been working with Krillin on attack coordination and that it reminds her of the old days fighting alongside her brother, though notes that she and 17 would never actually try and attack deliberately together, as they simply just naturally had good timing due to being twin siblings. However she notes that it is not the same with Krillin as she needs to focus more on Krillin and use more concentration when coordinating her attacks with his, though she doesn't mine it really.
However, she still at times retains some of her original cool nature, as evidenced by the Peaceful World Saga, where she offhandedly mentioned that even the likes of Krillin could beat Wild Tiger after seeing Pan beat him.
In the events in Dragon Ball GT, Android 18 has a very close attachment to her now older daughter, Marron and protects her when she is in danger. When Krillin was killed by her brother, Android 17 due to Hell Fighter 17's control, Android 18 emotionally cries over her husband's death despite being a cyborg and admitting she loves him as she shows her vengeful rage to her brother for what he had done. When she confronts her brother for the second time, she smiles at Goku due to his friendship with her husband as she assists him to avenge Krillin's death.
Relationship with Krillin
Android 18 and Krillin's relationship began as a mutual yet unspoken attraction despite their meeting as enemies in battle, as she spared his life and gave him a kiss on the cheek. It is unknown if Krillin had feelings before this kiss or if he developed a crush on her. Afterward, by the time he could have shut her down with Bulma's remote control device, Krillin's feelings had already progressed to the point that he chose instead to smash the controller and warn her of Cell's approach despite the danger this presented to the world. Just before her absorption, 18, after hearing Krillin being knocked away by Cell, attacked Cell in a fury and denounced the latter as a monster, despite being rendered temporarily blind earlier due to Cell's use of Solar Flare. Following the battle with Cell, Krillin used the Dragon Balls to remove the bombs implanted in 18 and 17 in a selfless act he believed would allow them to live happily together. 18 angrily corrected him on the fact that 17 is her brother, not her boyfriend, before leaving, flattered by Krillin's feelings.
Krillin's courtship of 18 beyond was not shown but it is clear, by the time Majin Buu surfaced, that 18 had consented to marry Krillin and they have a daughter together. Despite being outwardly requesting to improve her family's financial situation, 18 inwardly admired her husband intensely, once stating that he was "So cool" as he flew away. She is also seen tending to his wounds after his mock-fight with Goku with a gentle smile on her face. As parents, both 18 and Krillin were shown to be intensely protective of their daughter Marron. In the Majin Buu Saga, Battle Of Gods Saga, and Resurrection F saga examples were shown of one or both of them focused on who will protect their daughter before major battles.
It has been shown that 18 is an emotionally supportive wife, offering kind words and wisdom to Krillin in his moments of self-doubt, such as when Krillin wondered if giving up martial arts was the right thing to do, but when Marron walked up to and smiled at them,18 told him as she tended his wounds that he was exactly where he belonged. 18 also can be playful and works well with Krillin in many situations, both in combat and in leisure. One humorous instance of this was seen on the Lookout with 18 helping Krillin in a card game against Master Roshi, with 18 giving him directions from behind Roshi's back through head gestures.
18 is shown to have a somewhat difficult time expressing her affections towards her husband, as she intended on one occasion to use Shenron to wish for the perfect gift for Krillin. Upon receiving a heart-to-heart conversation from Bulma, 18 realized that she and Marron were all that Krillin needed to be happy, bringing 18 to a new level of understanding towards her husband, deeply touched by Bulma's words and kindness towards her. 18 is also known to worry about Krillin's safety due to his job as a police officer, as he has been known to suffer bullet wounds despite his superhuman conditioning and abilities. 18 is clearly devoted and dedicated to Krillin's happiness and well being due to this tendency of hers. However she does have a bit of a jealous streak as shown in the Bio-Broly film when the researcher Nain hugs onto Krillin as they fly her and her colleagues to safety as Mei Queen Castle fills with Culture Fluid, Android 18 notices him blushing as Nain hugs him causing her to coldly push Nain and Krillin away while telling them to hurry up and go, though neither are hurt by this. This jealous streak also implied by her reactions to Zangya's comments about Krillin being cute in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. It is also implied in the Dragon Ball Super anime she may be aware of Krillin's ex-girlfriend Maron, given she angrily threatens her brother when he mispronounces her daughter Marron's name as Maron.
In Dragon Ball FighterZ, Android 18 is torn emotionally when Android 21 (when overcome by her evil persona) orders her to fight with Krillin though she agrees to prevent Android 21 from attacking him. She orders the soul inside her not to kill Krillin and they manage to defeat Krillin without killing him though Android 21 loses control of her cravings forcing Android 18 to have the soul inside her link with Android 21 to stop her from eating Krillin. After subduing her, they leave Krillin behind to learn more about Android 21 who Android 18, 17, and 16 resolves to help overcome her evil side. After 21's fission into her good and evil halves following the death of 16, Android 18 is relieved when Krillin arrives to save her and the Good Android 21 from the evil 21. She is touched when Krillin admits he realized she had gone easy on him when they fought and correctly assumed she had own reasons for helping 21. She is not surprised when Goku and Krillin want to help the good Android 21 stop her evil counterpart. Android 18 is also shown to have developed animosity towards Frieza for his murder of Krillin in the past, which even extends to the Clone Frieza's as she convinces the good 21 and her brother to help her avenge Krillin by killing a Frieza clone they encounter much to Good Android 21's confusion as she recognizes that Android 18's desire to avenge Krillin by killing a Clone Frieza is itself irrational as it is not the true Frieza. Presumably, she would hold similar animosity towards Tambourine as well as Super Buu (though in Super Buu's case it would likely be greater as he killed both her husband and daughter, as well as 18 herself). Though Android 18 loves her husband, in a special conversation between Krillin and Yamcha in which Yamcha mistakenly assumes that Krillin has a thing for female Androids due to Krillin agreeing with Yamcha that 21 is attractive, Android 18 overhears Yamcha's careless remarks, causing her to comically seethe with anger and glare sinisterly at both Krillin and Yamcha who are so terrified they do not dare turn around and instead focus on fighting the enemy hoping that 18 will go easy on them afterwards. However Krillin himself is shown in Dragon Ball FighterZ to love 18 and is enraged when he sees her injured in the Super Warrior Arc and Enemy Warrior Arc, to the point he is willing to bravely confront the likes of Perfect Cell (and Frieza, the Ginyu Force, and Nappa in the Enemy Warrior Arc) and is shown to be protective of her, though he can be overprotective as he is reluctant to allow her to work with her brother, 16, and Android 21 due to not trusting 21 due to her association with the Red Ribbon Army, though after she holds back against him he understands she had her reasons for doing so and ends up coming to her rescue when she, 17, and Good 21 confront the evil 21 having learned what was going on from Dende while staying on The Lookout.
Dragon Ball GT showed an, even more, softer side of Android 18. When 17 returned in a brainwashed state and attempted to compel 18 to join him, Krillin was able to break the mind control. 18 was distraught enough over her husband's subsequent death to attack her own brother in a rage and it was a combined attempt to avenge Krillin that helped 18 and Goku finally put aside their differences and become friends.
Android 18 was originally a human named Lazuli, and the elder out of her and her twin brother, Lapis. The twins were notorious delinquents, whom Dr. Gero would meet by chance while looking for fresh material for his experiments. He then kidnapped them and restructured them into Android 18 and Android 17. However, despite being referred to as androids or cyborgs and commonly regarded as such, both Android 18 and her brother are practically neither. Bulma stated while looking at 17's blueprint that he was human-based, but just about everything has been enhanced with bio-organic components. Their only mechanical parts are the emergency deactivation controller and self-destruction device (removed). Dragon Ball Super reaffirms this, with Gohan stating that the androids have been modified on a cellular level to be superhuman. She is the second artificial human, between her and her twin brother. Gero's experiments on her do not impede her ability to reproduce, as evidenced by her giving birth to a healthy daughter, Marron.
Dragon Ball Z
When Dr. Gero arrives at his laboratory (after he and Android 19 fail to combat the Z Fighters, with 19 getting destroyed by Vegeta), he activates Android 17 and Android 18. There is another android yet to be activated, Android 16. Android 17 and Android 18 want to activate him but Dr. Gero refuses. Android 17 punches Gero's chest, decapitates him and squashes his head. They eventually activate Android 16 and pursue their quest to find Goku. They are confronted by the Z Fighters and Android 18 fights Super Saiyan Vegeta. Through the battle, Vegeta gains some hits, but Android 18 shows her real strength by three hits: one to the head, one in the gut, and one with a palm-punch that sent Vegeta in the rock wall. The Z Fighters arrived at this moment and stop the fight. Vegeta is hurt, but he is sure to win. Trunks tries to convince Vegeta to fly away, but the prince replies angrily he wouldn't. Android 17 talks to the Z Fighters and says if anyone of them interrupts the fight between Android 18 and Vegeta, he will stop them. Then Android 18 starts the fight again. Vegeta is punched by her in the air, but the woman is sent in a rock mountain by two hits, one in the gut and one to the back. Vegeta tries to destroy her by a Big Bang Attack during 18 which blocked. She is hit, but Vegeta plunges into the smoke and finds Android 18 damaged. Her clothes are torn, and she takes off her blue denim vest. She is dotted with scratches, but it doesn't seem to have an effect. Android 18 is surprised by the power of her opponent and asks if he is stronger than Goku. Vegeta replies angrily he is stronger than Goku and her, as 18 takes off her vest. She also tries to clean up her hair and replies neither of them can beat her. Vegeta attacks 18 with huge wrath and a powerful kick but 18 is attentive and she blocks the attack.
Vegeta continues to rushes 18, this counter-attack cannot last. But the Saiyan doesn't breach 18's defenses and loses stamina, while Android 18 continues to fight, and she eventually gains the upper hand and by many hits, a leg sweep, a blow to the face, and in the gut...Android 18 then sends Vegeta farthest with a powerful hit. Vegeta then screams, waits a moment and tries to rushes 18 again but the Android kicks him in the face and throws a roundhouse kick that breaks his arm. The others try to help but are easily defeated, with the assistance of Android 17. As persistent as Vegeta is, he is no match for Android 18. Android 18 gives Vegeta a rough beating and ends the fight by breaking his other arm. The androids approach Krillin but have no interest in killing him and Android 18 even says goodbye in a flirtatious manner. When the androids tell Krillin that they are searching for Goku, Krillin tries to persuade them to drop their search for him, but they do not listen. Android 18 goes over to kiss the terrified Krillin on the cheek before continuing their quest to find Goku then bids him farewell stating that she would see him real soon in the same flirtatious manner as before. This is when Krillin begins to fall in love with Android 18.
The androids eventually reached Goku's home. Android 18 went inside and found no one there, instead discovering a "dump" as she called it and being surprised that Goku lived there. A few days later, the androids arrive at Kame House to find Goku. Piccolo decides to take his place and leads the androids to one of the Tropical Islands west of Master Roshi's island, thinking he can now defeat the Androids thanks to his fusion with Kami.
When Imperfect Cell arrives and interrupts the fight between Piccolo and Android 17, he absorbs Android 17 and becomes Semi-Perfect Cell despite Piccolo, and later Android 16, fighting Cell. Cell attempts to absorb Android 18 as well, but he is stopped by the arrival of Tien Shinhan, who holds him off with a series of Tri-Beams so that Android 18 and the damaged Android 16 can escape. Android 18 and an injured Android 16 hide on an island where they later watch the battle between Cell and Vegeta. Krillin finds their location on the island but refuses to engage her shut-off device, which would shut her down, in spite of the serious threat that could result in Cell's perfection posed by 18 being alive. Because of this, Semi-Perfect Cell eventually discovers and attacks her. He engages her, Krillin, and Android 16 in battle and, emerging victorious, absorbs her (with help from Vegeta) and reaches his ultimate power, easily defeating Vegeta and Future Trunks.
Later on, in the Cell Saga, Perfect Cell becomes overpowered by Gohan (who has become a Super Saiyan 2) during the Cell Games, and regurgitates Android 18, forcing Cell to revert to his Semi-Perfect state. Krillin immediately comes to her side and tends to her for the duration of the battle and says he is glad to see her face one last time before making the final stand against Cell.. After Super Perfect Cell is destroyed by Gohan, Android 18 is taken to Kami's Lookout and she wakes up. While there, she figures out that Krillin has a crush on her when Gohan yells it to everyone. This leaves Android 18 surprised and slightly flattered but too proud to admit it. She leaves but, when seeing Shenron, she hides in the lookout to see what is going on. Krillin uses the Dragon Balls to make a wish to Shenron that Android 17 and Android 18 be restored their complete humanity, but when Shenron is unable to grant his request, Krillin takes the opportunity to wish for the self-destruct devices within Android 18 and Android 17 be removed. Revealing her presence in the process, she corrects Krillin about the relationship between herself and Android 17 as being familial instead of as lovers. Nonetheless feeling flattered, Android 18 then simply says "I'll see you later!" and leaves the lookout.
She then ran into Android 17, who was reborn in the same place Cell was destroyed, and told him Krillin had their bombs removed. The two then part off to live since their mission to kill Goku was done.
Majin Buu Saga
Android 18, who used to be a delinquent, found Krillin's seriousness and straightforwardness refreshing, and somehow or other she ended up falling for him. Seven years after the Cell Games, Android 18 and Krillin are married and have a three-year-old daughter named Marron. Android 18's family is an exceptionally ordinary household, but Android 18 is scary when she gets angry, so Krillin goes out of his way a little bit for her. When Gohan tells Android 18 and Krillin that Goku will return to Earth to enter the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament, Android 18 convinces Krillin to enter to win the prize money. When Goku returns and is reunited with his friends and family, Android 18 remains cold and distant towards him, as she is "created" specifically to kill him, and displays annoyance when Goku expresses surprise to see her with Krillin and the others, and later sarcastically says "Spare me" when Goku is even more shocked that Krillin not only married her but had a child with her (mostly because he thinks Android 18 cannot reproduce due to being an android, not realizing that she is actually a cyborg rather than a true android). Later, she is matched against Mr. Satan in the World Martial Arts Tournament after she defeated Mighty Mask (actually Trunks and Goten in disguise).
"Now that you know you can't win I don't mind letting you have the victory."
Not interested in the fame that comes with becoming the World Martial Arts Champion (and in addition, prevailing over Satan, who is generally believed by people of Satan City to be the strongest man in the world), Android 18 allows Mr. Satan to defeat her and retain his somewhat misappropriated title, provided that he reimburses her an amount of money (twice the prize money that he would be receiving as tournament champion).
After the World Tournament, she goes with the others to look for the Dragon Balls and later she takes refuge from Majin Buu at Kami's Lookout. While on the lookout, she watches the fusion of Goten and Trunks. A day later, Super Buu finds the tower and allows them to live for a short time. While on the lookout, Super Buu uses his Human Extinction Attack to kill everyone on Earth.
When Super Buu escapes the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Krillin decides to face him alone while ordering her to leave in the meantime, Android 18 screaming out for him before he charges Super Buu, Android 18 and the others retreating into the lookout before he is killed after Super Buu turns Krillin into chocolate and eats him. Android 18 leads Videl and Bulma away from Super Buu, her daughter in hand, but is turned into chocolate along with Marron, the two being eaten by Super Buu. Her life is restored through a wish from Porunga, and she later supplies Goku with her energy to fuel a Spirit Bomb, in an effort to defeat Kid Buu. Though peace has returned, Android 18 still maintains a cool and distant attitude toward Goku (as she was originally "created" to kill him) but she still cannot resist smiling when Goku returns and has a tearful reunion with his family, and smiles when Goku and Chi-Chi embrace, showing a softer side to her personality. She is later seen at a party at Bulma's house, where she playfully pushes Gohan forward to make him dance with Videl.
Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Main article: Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
18 attended Mr. Satan's banquet, celebrating his new hotel honoring the defeat of Majin Buu. After Aka did Super Wahaha no Ha, destruction came upon the banquet. A damaged building was headed to collapse on #18 and Marron, but Krillin used his Destructo Disc to split it.
Dragon Ball Super
God of Destruction Beerus Saga
Main article: God of Destruction Beerus Saga
Sometime after the defeat of Kid Buu, 18, Krillin, and Marron attend Bulma's party by car. 18 took a while on her make-up so she could look good for the super bingo tournament, causing them to be in traffic. They ditch the car, putting it into a capsule and start flying. They are joined on the way there by Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Puar, and Chiaotzu, also attending Bulma's party.
After arriving there, she asks Bulma about the prizes and settles on getting the second one, a castle, though confronts Krillin when she suspects him of not liking her choice. 18 talks with Bulma and Chi-Chi before the arrival of Beerus and Whis, her cheering for Beerus and saying his name along with the other attendees after Krillin offers him food. After Beerus defeats Buu and Gotenks, 18 charges him with Piccolo and Tien, Android 18 taking issue with Beerus for harming children, the three throwing punches left and right until Beerus lets out a screech that hurts the ears of the group. Once getting away from him, 18 is comforted by Krillin, later observing Vegeta's transformation into a Super Saiyan 2 following Bulma being slapped by Beerus.
Golden Frieza Saga
Main article: Golden Frieza Saga
No. 18 visits Goku's house with Marron to pick up and treat Krillin after he got hit by Goku, who wanted to test his new godly powers against Krillin.
Four months later, after hearing of Frieza's revival, No. 18 visits Krillin at work and gives him his old gi and volunteers to come with Krillin but he insists that she would stay behind and take care of Marron. After No. 18 shaves his hair, Krillin leaves and No. 18 admits that he is cool. Later on, No. 18 was about to go shopping for dinner when she notices, in shock, that the Earth was blowing up, and she, along with Marron, was killed until Whis undid the event with his Temporal Do-Over technique so that Goku could kill Frieza once more.
No. 18 later attends the feast thrown by Bulma with her family and friends.
Universe 6 Saga
Main article: Universe 6 Saga
At least a year after the battle with Golden Frieza, No. 18 is informed by Chi-Chi that there's going to be a picnic in space and she gets invited. Four days later, No. 18 goes to the Nameless Planet with Goku and the rest of their group by Whis for the Tournament of Destroyers. On the way to the nameless star, No. 18 plays Shiritori, a wordplay game. After traveling for two hours and forty-five minutes, they eventually arrive on the planet. As they land, the sight of seeing the Super Dragon Balls amaze her. No. 18 is a bystander and watch the tournament from the stands. After the tournament is completed, she comments on a hidden ball on the Super Dragon Radar to Bulma.
Main article: Copy-Vegeta Arc
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga
18 encounters Future Trunks while bringing Marron to Krillin, who had a hard time telling Future Trunks who he was married to and upon seeing her, Future Trunks begins pulling out his sword until Krillin intervenes. 18 steps over to Future Trunks, informing him that she had heard of him killing her counterpart in his timeline and that she wants reimbursements, before revealing that she is joking and rejoining her daughter and husband.
Sometime after Future Trunks' departure, 18 notices Goku summon Shenron while out shopping with Chi-Chi and Marron and takes off to Capsule Corp in hopes that she can use the wish to find the perfect gift for Krillin. Once Bulma arrives, she quickly tells 18 that the only thing Krillin wants is her and Marron's company. 18 leaves, but not before flicking Oolong away upon being giving a huge amount of Zeni.
18 is displeased when hearing that Krillin has been getting hurt by bullets at work, and voices her concerns whilst motivating her husband (saying the man she fell in love with wasn't a spineless weakling). She allows Krillin to train at Roshi's with Goku after overhearing a conversation between the two. The next day, she goes to the island along with Marron, attempting to check on him, but ends up observing his training in The Forest of Terror via Baba's Crystal Ball. She is impressed by Krillin's displays of power and agrees with Marron that he is strong. When he returns to the island, she greets him with a quick embrace. She later shaves Krillin's head.
Universe Survival Saga
Main article: Universe Survival Saga
During Goku's search for Universe 7's team members, he attempts to recruit 18 along with Krillin. She initially refuses, as she never works for free and has Marron to care for. She finally accepts after Goku tells her there is a prize for winning the Tournament of Power, although she is suspicious as to why he and Gohan are so desperate to recruit her for a 'game-like' tournament. She observes Krillin's match with Gohan and further suspects this tournament is not really a game, based on Gohan's serious expression during the match. She expresses her concern for Krillin when he attempts to spar with Goku, noting the significant power difference between the two while also pointing out Krillin's Solar Flare x100 is a surprise attack and not meant for continuous use.
Once Goku transforms into his Super Saiyan Blue form, she states that although Krillin cannot win one-on-one against Goku, the Tournament of Power is a battle royal. When the beam struggle between the two is not going in Krillin's favor, she interrupts the fight by kicking Goku's Kamehameha to into the sky, sending both Krillin and Goku backward. She then runs to Krillin's side, telling him the match is not over yet, reminding them that the tournament will not be a no-rules fight to the death but a battle royale. Goku calls off the match, saying he learned what teamwork should be like, and he is counting on both Krillin and 18 in the tournament. 18 reveals that she has kept in contact with 17 and that he works at a wildlife reserve, though she never asked where it was. Afterward, she is seen training alongside Krillin for the Tournament of Power, although because of how violent the training looked, onlookers were led to believe it was a couple's dispute gone too far.
After gathering the entire Universe 7 team, with Frieza replacing Majin Buu at the last minute, the team along with Beerus, Shin, and Whis were transported to the World of Void with the help of the Grand Minister. Later, the Great Priest emerged from the center of the arena and explained the rules for the tournament once again. Gohan then goes over the plan to stick together with 18 agreeing to do her best alongside Krillin and the rest of her team. But as soon as the Tournament began, Goku left the group to fight Toppo with 18, 17, Vegeta, and Frieza following suit. She was then seen fighting with Cocotte, exchanging punches and kicks. 18's first elimination happened off-screen, having shown to have defeated and knocked off Sorrel.
After Universe 9's defeat and erasure, she met up with Android 17 and where they discussed the advantage of their infinite stamina. She later fought against Shosa from Universe 4, quickly defeating him. However, Shosa was playing dead and surprised her with a sneak attack and a barrage of ki blasts. She was about to be forced off the ring when Krillin catches her and saves her from falling. Android 18 and Krillin regrouped and knocked out their opponent with a combined attack. They were also confronted by Majora, another Universe 4 fighter who was immune to Krillin's Solar Flare x100 due to his blindness. She then observed the fight between Majora and Krillin, which resulted in her husband's victory. Krillin then let his guard down and Frost knocks out Krillin with a sneak attack. Angered, she attempted to engage with Frost but managed to escape by creating an explosion with a Ki blast.
After Krillin's surprise knockout, 18 scolds him for letting his guard down and reminds him of all the money he spent on training equipment. When the Pride Troopers challenges Goku and the Universe 6 Saiyans, 18 goes to assist Goku with the Universe 11 fighters. She manages to take out Tupper and Cocotte by throwing them both off the fighting stage. When 17 was having trouble with Sanka Ku, 18 offers 17 a helping hand, but the latter refuses and decides to get serious. After Goku's battle with Kefla, 18 and 17 reappear with 17 noticing 18's injured leg so he binds it with his sleeve. They race back to assist an exhausted Goku when Universe 2 closes in. Rozie chooses to take on 17 to avenge her teammate, while Ribrianne fights 18. Unable to land a hit on 18, Ribrianne becomes annoyed and orders 18 to stop running and fight her properly. 18 responds that she isn't here to fight, but is here to win, stating that the lives of her husband and daughter are on the line. After finding out that the bald man cheering 18 on is actually 18's husband, Ribrianne shows her disgust by calling him ugly for not having a nose. She continues to chastise 18 for having trite objectives and accuses her of not knowing what love is. Enraged, Ribrianne launches herself at 18 but hits a wall instead, she picks herself up and uses her Maiden's Charge on 18. Unable to dodge the attack because of her injury, 18 was about to be hit by Ribrianne when 17 interrupts her with a swift kick that sends her into a wall. Rozie tries to launch a surprise ki blast attack on the androids but hit Ribrianne after they dodged it.
Noticing the lack of coordination between Ribrianne and Rozie, 18 and 17 were able to coordinate and make Ribrianne hit Rozie with a Max Love Cannon that was meant for 18. Ribrianne rushes to aid Rozie but flies straight into a High-Pressure Energy Wave from 18, bringing her back down to her base form. As Rozie struggles against the attack from Ribrianne, 17 was able to blow Rozie off the stage with a ki blast. Assuming she has won, 18 dodges a small ki blast from the now depowered Brianne de Chateau only to find herself caught in Brianne's trap move, Big Amour. All of the Universe 2 fighters and its inhabitants then take this cue to send their love to Ribrianne, transforming her into her ultimate Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne form. Believing this was her end, 18 closes her eyes and scenes of Krillin calling her name flash before her. Krillin's voice continues until she realizes she is actually hearing Krillin calling from the stands. Inspired, 18 powers up to break out of Big Amour, just in time to meet Ribrianne's Fist of Love with a punch of her own. 18 follows up with another blow that shatters Ribrianne's fist and proceeds to run up her arm. Ribrianne fires an energy wave from her mouth towards 18 but 17 returns at the perfect moment to protect them with his barrier. 17 tells 18 to finish it, to which she jumps to destroy Ribrianne's remaining fist. Using the shattered pieces as footing, 18 launches herself towards Ribrianne, overcoming her final energy wave to punch a hole clean through the avatar's head. Afterward, Krillin and 18 exchange thumb ups and smile at each other. Shin who is adored by the display of love between the two calls Krillin "her Big Amour." Not taking kindly to that, 18 grazes Shin's cheek with a finger beam and with a sinister look on her face, tells him if he ever says that again she will kill him. Shin, horrified at almost being killed, apologizes and cowers behind Krillin.
After finishing off Ribrianne, 17 and 18 rejoin Goku to finish off Universe 2. Uncharacteristically, 18 plays along with Universe 2's obsession with monologues and follows 17 in giving herself an over the top introduction, referring to herself as the goddess of Universe 7. She fights alongside 17 and Goku to put the remaining warriors on the brink of defeat. In their last stand, the Universe 2 fighters launch their ultimate attack, Pretty Black Hole, trapping the three of them. The trio seemed lost until Goku fired an SSB Kamehameha to finish off Universe 2. During Universe 3's all-out attack on Universe 7, 18 works with 17 to take down Viara's supreme defense. Eventually, the twins are able to break through his armor and they mock his strategy before 18 finally kicks him off the stage. 18 and 17 get involved again when the remaining Universe 3 fighters merge to form Anilaza. 18, 17, Goku, Gohan and Vegeta all try to attack from different sides to confuse the monstrosity but it quickly counters all of them. Anilaza changes strategies and starts catching his enemies. 18 was caught and was about to be eaten by Anilaza when Goku saves her with Instant Transmission. Anilaza then attacks all of the fighters with intense energy waves pushing them all back, 17 was especially vulnerable as he was close to the edge of the ring. Noticing this, Anilaza fires a large mouth energy wave at 17, destroying his barrier and knocking him off the stage. 18 jumps off after 17 and grabs onto him. Confused, 17 asks what is she doing, 18 tells him that it was all up to him now and kicks 17 back onto the stage eliminating herself instead. After being eliminated, 18 apologizes for losing but Krillin comforts her, telling her she did more than her fair share.
Peaceful World Saga
Main article: Peaceful World Saga
Ten years after Majin Buu's defeat, No. 18 attends the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament with her family and the other Z Fighters.
Dragon Ball GT
Main article: Baby Saga
5 Years later, in her first appearance in Dragon Ball GT, Android 18 becomes a servant of Baby. During the battle between Goku (as a Super Saiyan 4) and Baby Vegeta, she, along with Krillin and Marron are caught in the destruction of Satan City by Baby's Super Galick Gun. However, all of them appear to have avoided the blast. She is later cured with the Sacred Water. She must later go to the Tuffle planet before the Earth explodes because of the wish by Baby to restore his home planet. Afterward, she attends a party at Bulma's house.
Super 17 Saga
Main article: Super 17 Saga
"Destroying innocent lives is what makes you the coward, 17."
Seeing what he has done, Android 17 then targets Marron so he can gain full control of Android 18, but Android 18 defends her from Android 17's energy wave, leaving her in a critical condition. Android 17 flies off to merge with Hell Fighter 17, and Android 18 crawls over to Krillin, taking his hand as she appears to die with him.
Later, Android 18 reappears and in an attempt to avenge her husband's death, she joins Goku in the struggle against Super 17. Through her intervention, she unknowingly reveals Krillin's death to Goku and she claims to have a bomb in her chest, though is bluffing as it was removed following the Cell Games. Her goading of Super 17 prevents him from finishing off her and Goku as he planned, leading to the super-androids self-emancipation by force from Dr. Myuu, who he kills with the blast that he intended for the pair and eventually his death when Goku finishes him off, Android 18 afterward proclaiming to have gotten vengeance for her deceased husband. It is at this point where Goku and Android 18 finally put their differences aside, the two having a talk after Super 17's death and Goku assuring Android 18 that Krillin would be resurrected, Android 18 accepting Goku as a true friend and ally.
Shadow Dragon Saga
Main article: Shadow Dragon Saga
Soon after the threat of the Shadow Dragons, Android 18 is seen at Capsule Corporation accompanied by Bulma, Chi-Chi, Videl, and Marron (her daughter). There is some debate as to whether or not Android 18 and her brother are still alive 100 years after the events of Dragon Ball GT (particularly during the time of the 64th World Martial Arts Tournament and the events of the special Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy). While Dr. Gero states that the process of reconfiguring the siblings into cyborgs has made the two immortal, this is contradicted by the special A Hero's Legacy, where it is narrated that Pan is the only character remaining from the generation of the original Z Fighters.
Super Android 13!
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly
Android 18 has a major role in this film. As Mr. Satan did not pay Android 18 her cut of the prize money yet, she, alongside Krillin, Goten and Trunks go to his personal mansion, with her personally entering and destroying much of his property to get him to fork over the promised cash. However, right as she is about to leave the house, she is interrupted by the arrival of Men-Men, the cousin of an old classmate of Mr. Satan, Lord Jaguar, who proceeds to blackmail Mr. Satan into fighting his Bio-Warriors at Mei Queen Castle. Wanting to make sure Mr. Satan does not forget about their deal, Android 18 tells Krillin to watch over Marron and ends up going with Mr. Satan. Goten and Trunks stow away aboard Men-Men's vehicle. Upon arrival, she is leered at by Jaguar when meeting his rival for the first time in many years (with Mr. Satan claiming that Android 18 is one of his students), with her proceeding to nonchalantly knock Jaguar into a wall. She later uses the opportunity whenever Mr. Satan tries to request her help to increase the amount of Zeni paid. However, she is eventually beaten by Bio-Broly, a clone of the then-recently deceased Legendary Super Saiyan Broly. She later proceeds to aid in the evacuation of the personnel, alongside Trunks, Goten, and Krillin (who arrived due to not wanting to miss out on the action), as well as pushing Krillin down when he briefly interacted with the female scientists. She then stays with the surviving personnel while Krillin, Goten, and Trunks use their Kamehamehas to cause a freak wave to consume Jaguar's island and halt the spread of the Culture Fluid.
Battle of Gods
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Four years after Majin Buu's defeat, #18 attends Bulma's birthday party along with the rest of the gang. When Beerus was angered, #18 attempted to attack Beerus, but Beerus elbowed her in the back. During Goku and Beerus' fight, Whis asks #18 what ice cream is and how to make it. In the end, Beerus spares Earth and goes home. They later continue their feast at night.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’
"Don't get your feelings hurt, but I'm still a lot stronger than you guys."
Sometime after encountering the God of Destruction and after Frieza's revival, #18 shaves Krillin's head because he wanted to go old school. She wants to help against Frieza and his army but Krillin wants her to stay and take care of Marron. When Krillin takes off, #18 expresses how cool Krillin is. She is killed when Frieza destroys the Earth, but it is undone by Whis, using his Temporal Do-Over technique.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
In Toki Toki City in Age 850, Android 18 is one of the many fighters recruited by Chronoa and Xeno Trunks to train members of the Time Patrol, however 18 asks that she be compensated by Chronoa for taking the job making her the only Master wishing to be paid for their services. The Future Warrior can take her on as a Master in order to learn her skills. She is upfront with them about her arrangement with Chronoa, though she does warm up to them as a pupil.
Android Warfare Saga
In an altered timeline of Age 767, Towa and Mira empower Imperfect Cell using Dark Magic making him stronger than Android 16 allowing him to defeat Piccolo and Android 16 before using the Solar Flare to blind Android 17 whom he knocks into Android 18 with his tail, before absorbing both twins while they are unconscious allowing him to bypass his Semi-Perfect form completely and transform directly into his Perfect form, which Xeno Trunks fears could potentially prevent the Cell Games from ever occurring, while Chronoa admits she is more worried that these changes may end up preventing Android 18 and Krillin from getting married and admonishes Trunks for being so dense when he questions if those changes would really have any effect (as Krillin only crushed the shut down remote and tried to protect her after Cell had absorbed her brother indicating that Chronoa's fears were well justified as had those things not occurred he and 18 might not have ended up together). Chronoa notes that while he may be terrible with romance stuff, Trunks is great at punching things, causing Trunks to ask her to drop the subject.
As a result, Elder Kai has the current Future Warrior travel back in time to stop Cell from absorbing both 17 and 18 at the same time. The warrior arrives as Piccolo confronts Android 17 who is also empowered by magic as soon as the Warrior appears which causes Trunks to note that 17 is more powerful than he should be and that Cell will become terrifyingly strong if he absorbs 17 in that state and orders them to try and dispel the enchantment before Cell arrives. Android 18 wonders who the hell the warrior is and notes that people don't just show up out of thin air. Android 18 asks Android 16 if he has any data on the warrior, but Android 16 can find no relative matches before making a note about the warrior's selected race even identifying them if they are a Saiyan, Earthling, or Namekian. If they are Frieza Race he tells that they are likely the same race as Frieza, though does not recognize Majins due to having no data on them or their progenitor Majin Buu.
Android 17 states he is not interested in their race and is confident that he can defeat both the warrior and Piccolo, before demanding that one of them tell him Goku's location, noting that he has an unlimited energy supply and if they keep being stubborn they are going to die. They manage to dispel the energy just as Cell appears and defeats Piccolo. Android 17 and 18 focuses on fighting Cell as the Warrior works to prevent him from absorbing both Android 18 and her brother together. Android 16 tells 18 to flee and that he will destroy Cell. Android 16 joins forces with the Future Warrior to combat Cell so 18 and 17 can escape. Trunks notes that in the correct timeline that 16 was equal to Cell, but due to the Supervillain Mode power-up he is far stronger and orders the Future Warrior to give 16 a hand. However Android 17 and 18 remain to watch 16 fight Cell amazed at how powerful their comrade is, though 16 tells 18 and 17 to run. However 17 refuses believing they can take Cell on together.
17 dares Cell to face him only to be absorbed restoring the original timeline, thus the warrior returns to the Time Nest. Elder Kai however notes that things didn't end happily ever after as Cell absorbed 18 afterwards and obtained his perfect form, though Chronoa points out that its part of the original flow of history and they can't change that. During the Cell Games, Krillin is shown carrying the unconscious Android 18 after she had been spit out by Cell, as he watches Gohan destroy Cell in the corrected history thanks to the Future Warrior and Xeno Trunks foiling Mira and Towa's plans to alter the events of the Cell Games by creating a wormhole to The Return of Cooler timeline causing Meta-Coolers to appear in the main timeline, though Trunks manages to destroy the Big Gete Star allowing the Future Warrior to return to Age 767 of the main timeline and aid Gohan in fighting the Supervillain Mode empowered Super Perfect Cell before Cell is ultimately destroyed by Gohan's Father-Son Kamehameha restoring the correct timeline.
After completing both the Android Warfare Saga and A Desperate Future Saga, Android 18 appears in Conton City in Age 852 as one of Advanced Class Instructors recruited by Chronoa for the Time Patroller Academy managed and run by Elder Kai. It is implied that she has become good friends with Chronoa due to the concern Chronoa shows for her relationship with Krillin in the main story. Android 18 notes that she was promised a reward by Chronoa for her help and even wonders if she should make a career out of being an instructor. The Future Warrior can take lessons under her after completing 18's Initiation Test. After completing the test the warrior can recruit her as their active Instructor which causes her to occasional appear as a support if the warrior is having trouble during Parallel Quests and instruct them during Challenge Quests. The warrior can bond with her to increase their friendship level by having her join them on missions which unlocks Android 18's Marks for their Play Data profile.
If they manage to achieve maximum friendship with both 18 and her husband, a special event will trigger at Orange Star High School between 18 and Krillin. 18 tells Krillin she heard that he has been offering his services as an instructor for free and asks if its true. Krillin says its fine as they need the Future Warrior to look after the history of the universe. However 18 points out he needs to worry more about his family's finances and asks if he is skipping out on his job as a policeman. Krillin however says that he isn't and is just taking some paid vacation time to help the Time Patrol before noting he has a great reputation as a great officer. She points out that he is weaker than her, though Krillin states he is still doing his best to support his family which gives 18 a moment of pause. Krillin states that strength aside he really wants to make life as easy as possible for his darling wife. Without 18 saying so much as a word, he states she is right and that he can't leave everything up to her as he needs to work harder and harder to make her happy, though 18 tells him she gets why he is doing it and that is enough and not to say another word, apparently embarrassed as Krillin notice her blushing and asks if he said something wrong, only to tell him her face is fine and call him a dummy for failing to realize that she was apparently touched by what he said. 18 tells them its a weird but she has to ask them to look after her husband, as he tends to get carried away and end up in all sorts of trouble which can be tough for her as his wife. Krillin states to the warrior that while he doesn't think they will, he asks them to not give 18 any trouble because it can make life more difficult for him if she gets in a bad mood.
If the Future Warrior talks to Krillin while training under her, he will tell them not to try anything funny with his wife regardless of their gender or race, while if they talk to her while training under Krillin she will asks about how his sessions are before stating that while he may look flaky, he's got a good heart and a variety of skills and as long as they are getting something out of his classes its enough for her. After the 1.09.00 Update, if they talk to her after reaching Partner level (maximum friends) with her, she will note she has been training with Krillin to better coordinate their attacks and that it reminds her of fighting alongside her brother, though she notes that she has to concentrate and focus more when working with Krillin while working with her brother was completely natural as they have good timing due to being twin siblings, though she doesn't mind having to working a little harder to coordinate her attacks with Krillin which is presumably a sign of her love and dedication to her husband. She wonders what it would be like working with the warrior before teaching them her Dual Ultimate Skill, DUAL Dead End Rain, the power of which increases as 18's Partner Gauge level increases. She also gains a custom skillset which allows her clothing color, skills, stats, and Super Souls to be customized as well as giving her access to skills unavailable to any of her other Skillsets like her Dual Ultimate Skill, her future counterpart's Dead End Rain energy barrage, Solar Flare, and her husband's Super Destructo-Disc skill. She can also be selected as the Warrior's partner during the Infinite History Saga which allows her to join the warrior in a special Time Patrol story mission.
"Do you need something? Hm? What, you've got a present for me? Heh heh. Well, you really know how to please a lady, don't you? ...Is this some sort of sick joke? You honestly think I'm going to wear this?!"
— Android 18's reaction to her "Gift" in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Additionally the Future Warrior can purchase Gift (Android 18) from the TP Medal Shop (selection changes each week and only available when online so it may not always be available for purchase) for 777 TP Medals which the Future Warrior can give to Videl as a gift which unlocks Swimsuit as a Special Costume (which can not be color customized) for her custom skillset. Her special costume is a white bikini with black accents with the Turtle School kanji on the bikini top's left breast and white bottoms with black frills. When giving the gift to Android 18, she states they really know how to treat a lady and accepts the gift, however she is displeased when she finds it is a bikini and asks if it is some kind of sick joke, asking if they think she is honesty going to wear it. Afterwards her Special Costume is unlocked in Partner Customization. Selecting it will cause Android 18 to wear as part of her custom skillset. When selected while wearing it, Android 18 will reveal her displeasure of having to wear it by stating "Pointless... Right in your wheelhouse! You live for pointless stuff don't you?!".
- Manga and Anime
Android 18 is extremely powerful, able to easily overpower even the typical Super Saiyan. Android 18's power is described to be suppressed compared to her brother, Android 17. Her raw strength is able to casually break free from confines like handcuffs and just as effortlessly lift and toss large vehicles. Her most noteworthy and beneficial trait in battle is her continuous and virtually infinite energy supply, which prevents her from becoming exhausted while also augmenting her attacks. Despite her body being modified enough to be labeled an "android", she is still completely organic, and a human-based model, she can still grow in skills and power level through training. At the same time, her amplified physiology makes her cells deteriorate much slower due to, enabling her to keep up her peak nature without training while still able to grow stronger through also vastly extending her youth and longevity. She also requires no nourishment beyond water.
Her augmented might was first demonstrated when she fights Super Saiyan Vegeta. Despite Vegeta's power being far greater than originally expected, Android 18 quickly overwhelmed Vegeta once getting relatively serious, able to break his arm with a single kick, whose body can endure 450 times Earth's gravity in only base form. Despite the Saiyan Prince landing some decisive blows of his own, Android 18 emerged basically unscathed. Even more, she casually blocks Future Trunks' sword strike with her bare wrist, causing the mighty steel blade to shatter upon contact. Ultimately, in addition to Android 18 being far too strong for the Earth protectors, Future Trunks even noted that her power is considerably greater than her future counterpart, as the future warrior could hold his own for a period of time against both future androids together. However Android 18 is considerably weaker than Android 16. Seven years later during the Buu Saga, despite having settled down, 18 is still strong enough to fight on par and eventually defeat Super Saiyans Trunks and Goten simultaneously, who were disguised as Mighty Mask.
Years later, during Frieza's resurrecting and second assault, 18 initially insisted on helping on the front-line against Frieza's army, noting that that she was still much stronger than the non-Saiyan members of the Z Fighters, to which Krillin talked her out of it as he felt more confident in her ability to protect their daughter than he could. Later, Android 18 was selected to join Team Universe 7 for the Tournament of Power and displays her power by kicking away Super Saiyan Blue Goku's Kamehameha away.
During the tournament, in the manga, she was able to quickly overwhelm Prum, ultimately launching him off the arena to eliminate him. Simultaneously, her launching of Prum also hit Jimeze, eliminating the second foe as well. Against Ribrianne, 18 initially was pressured by the vain foe. 18 managed to evade and resisting her various attacks, until Kakunsa and Rozie jumped in to hold 18 down. However, when shocked that "ugly" 18 was married to the "gorgeous" Krillin, the knowledge rattled Ribrianne, making her power waver too much to harm Android 18. This ultimately let 18 break free and overpower the trio. As she was prepared eliminate the trio, 18 was eliminated by a sneak attack from Gamisaras.
In the anime, she is able to fight evenly with Cocotte and easily defeated Sorrel. She and Krillin were able to knock Shosa out of the arena with their team tactics. She was able to easily dodge Kahseral's Justice Saber. Her ki blasts were strong enough to damage Tupper's stone form, and she was also able to effortlessly lift Tupper with one hand, something base Goku wasn't capable of doing even with both hands. During her fight with Ribrianne, 18 largely held the advantage, mostly dominating her long enough to force the opponent back into her base form. Against Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne, 18 was still able to overpower and eliminate the Universe 2 fighter. She also appears to be significantly more powerful than Shin, the Universe 7 Supreme Kai, as a mere scowl and nick on his face from a small beam made Shin cower in fear of her. Later on, Android 18 was overwhelmed by the intense gravity of the Pretty Black Hole. Android 18 was pressured by Gamisaras, as the latter was invisible. Alongside Android 17, Android 18 was able to break Viara's armor and was also able to kick him out of the arena. Against Anilaza, Android 18 was overwhelmed by the giant warrior, almost being eaten, however, she was saved by Goku. When Android 17 almost fell out of the arena, 18 jumped after him and sacrificed herself to save 17.
In Dragon Ball GT Android 17's power appears to have greatly surpassed 18, as he quickly defeated her in an energy clash. However, during their fight, 18's initial assault managed to damage him.
In the film Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly, it is shown that Android 18 is no match for Broly's clone Bio-Broly. In Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Number 18 challenges the God of Destruction Beerus but she is no match for him. In Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, she states that she is still much stronger than Krillin.
- Video games
In the PSP game Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, Android 18 is able to fight against an angry Future Trunks for enough time to convince him that she is not evil, but gets exhausted when fighting Legendary Super Saiyan Broly despite her apparently unlimited energy supply and she is unable to do any damage whatsoever to him. In 18's profile in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2, it states that she is not as strong as Android 17. Her power level is 30,000,000 in Dragon Ball Z: The Anime Adventure Game.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly without the use of ki.
- Energy Attack – The most basic form of energy wave used by androids.
- Accel Dance – A combined rush attack used by Android 18 and her twin brother Android 17. It consists of 17 and 18 relentlessly beating their opponent together with a combo of punches and kicks and then knocking them into the ground. If 17 performs the attack, he and 18 rise up into the air and 17 fires his Dead End Bullet alongside 18 as she fires a Dead End Rain down onto their opponent, inflicting a great amount of damage. If 18 performs the attack, she teleports down to her opponent and kicks them in the arm before they hit the ground, inflicting a great amount of damage. The present androids are not shown doing this in the anime and manga whatsoever, as they are already strong enough to take on the Z Fighters without the need to team-up.
- Android Barrier – A technique where energy is thrust out from the body in the form of a barrier with great force which can be used to both defend against oncoming projectiles as well as to expand and damage its surroundings, although the former only appears in Dragon Ball Z.
- Destructo Disc – An energy-based attack that consists of form a powerful razor-sharp disk of "ki" capable of slicing through nearly any opponent. This is the signature technique of her husband Krillin, who more than likely taught it to her.
- Explosive Wave – A technique on which the user bursts out "ki" from all over its body in order to repel the opponents around it.
- Finger Beam – A technique that consists of forming a barrage of narrow rays emitted from the index finger of its user.While primarily associated with her Future counterpart, the main timeline 18 shows in Dragon Ball Super proficiency with it as well as she was able to snipe Shin in his check(who was sitting in the stands) as a warning shot during the Tournament of power after he compares Krillin and 18's love to Ribrianne
- High-Pressure Energy Wave – Android 18 charges a yellow energy sphere to then fire it from the palm of her hand with the form of an energy wave. It gets its name from the Raging Blast series. It is called Energy Blast in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors.
- Infinity Bullet – Android 18 charges a pink swirling energy sphere which fires a rapid barrage of energy blasts. Called Double Buster in Supersonic Warriors 2 and Endless Shoot in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- Non-stop Violence – A combined attack used by 18 and Android 17. It consists of being back-to-back, to then fire the High-Pressure Energy Wave and Photon Flash, simultaneously at their opponent. They are not shown doing this in the anime and manga, but their future counterparts used it against Future Gohan in The History of Trunks TV special. They can, however, perform it in several video games like in Raging Blast 2.
- Dead End Rain – A technique that produces a bright light around her body and leans forward to fire several yellow energy waves. Named Power Falling Star in the Butōden series and Budokai series. Was named in "Xenoverse 2" where it is an Energy Barrage Ultimate Skill that excels at assaulting wide areas (her brother's technique Dead End Bullet on the other hand, is designed to assault more concentrated points).
- Power Blitz – Android 18 charges a swirling pink energy sphere to then fire it from the palm of her hand with the form of a swirling energy wave. It is called Photon Blitz in Supersonic Warriors 2 and Power Beam in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game. In the Dragon Ball Xenoverse series, she fires 2 strong energy blasts in the form of a pincer attack.
- Sadistic 18 – It is a rush attack used by Android 18. It consist on charge at the opponent, punches them up into the air, flies after the opponent to elbow it in their face and roundhouse kick their arm, before sweep kicking them to then grabs the opponent by their leg and throws their down to the ground, where she teleports beside them and kicks them in the stomach. Finally, she projects a yellow Finger Beam, inflicting a massive amount of damage.
- So That's How it Has to Be! – It is a two-hit counter rush attack used by Android 18. It consist on perform a right knee strike to the opponent's stomach, backs away and moves back in to knock the opponent to the side with a left open palm strike to the side of their head, inflicting a massive amount of damage. Named in the Raging Blast series.
- Afterimage Technique - A common technique used by many fighters including her husband. Used by 18 in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Back Dash - Android 18's signature attack in the Raging Blast Series.
- Deadly Dance – A rush attack where Android 18 generates a blue sphere on both hands and then attacks the opponent with punches and kicks that knocks them into the air. Named and used in the Budokai series. In the Dragon Ball Xenoverse series, the technique unleashes a series of dance-like kicks capable of deflecting ki blasts.
- Destructo Missiles – Android 18 fires three missiles out of her back, and they home in on the opponent, causing major damage. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu.
- Super Destructo-Disc - A larger and stronger version of the Destructo-Disc used by her husband which can be added to Android 18's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2 after purchasing it for 5 TP Medals via Partner Customization.
- Double Destructo Disc - Android 18's variation of the Destructo Disc where she fires two Destructo Disc at the opponent in the form of a pincer attack, making the technique harder to avoid than her husband's standard Destructo Disc. 18's Ultimate Skill in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Energy Absorption - In Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 18 is capable of absorbing an opponent's ki and stamina depending on the Energy Absorption Super Skill being used.
- Drain Charge - 18's ki absorption skill.
- Hyper Drain - 18's ki and Stamina absorption skill.
- Super Drain - 18's Stamina absorption skill.
- Energy Jet – A ground shave energy blade used in the Butōden series. Android 18 throws this ki blast down at the ground, and it travels along to ground towards the enemy.
- Energy Mine – Android 18's ultimate attack in Supersonic Warriors 2. She fires several concentrated, yellow spheres of energy around her opponent, which result in an explosion inflicting heavy damage.
- Flash Beam – An explosive energy sphere Androids 18 throws on the ground to attack her opponent. One of her super attacks in the Butōden series.
- Flying Head Grab – A flying headbutt used in the Butōden series.
- Flying Hip Attack – 18 jumps in the air and then comes down at a 45-degree angle, hitting her opponent with her hip. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 3.
- Full Power Energy Wave - One of Android 18's Ultimate Skills in Xenoverse 2. Can be added to Android 18's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2 after purchasing it for 15 TP Medals via Partner Customization.
- Super Energy Blast – A powerful energy wave used by Android 18 in Supersonic Warriors.
- 2x Photon Buster - 18's Ground Ultimate Combo in Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden.
- Graceful Orbit – Turn around kicks used in the Butōden series. Android 18 performs a crescent kick, followed by a low spin kick.
- Graceful Revolution – A low spin kick used in the Butōden series.
- Hell Spiral – A team attack used by Android 18, Android 17, and Android 16 in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Infinity Hold – Android 18 charges at the enemy, attacks them, then flips them down into the ground. Used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- In Shin Budokai, Android 18 reveals that she is capable of detecting other Androids, as she does so when trying to get back up against Broly, though she is unsuccessful in locating any nearby. She also reveals that she can detect the waves emitted by Dragon Balls.
- Meteo Bloody Drive – Android 18's meteor attack in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22.
- Meteor Crash - One of the Meteor Attacks which 18 can use in Xenoverse.
- Photon Rain - 18's Final Ultimate Combo in Extreme Butōden.
- Power Regen Kiss (気力回復キッス) – Android 18 blows a kiss which stuns her opponent. Used in Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Power Strike – Android 18 kicks the opponent up in the air, and then she kicks and punches them down again. Used in the Budokai series.
- Savage Combo – A powerful kick combo used in Super Dragon Ball Z. Also used by 17.
- Slap Attack – Android 18 swings her arm out attempting to hit the opponent with the back of her hand and if she connects, she goes into a slapping frenzy and finally slaps them away. It appears in the Butōden series, as well as in numerous other video games as her grapple throw.
- Triangular Kick – She comes back a bit, then hops up-forward, and comes down-right at a 45-degree angle with a kick. Used in Butōden series.
- Violence Hold – One of 18's techniques in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Super Back Jump - One of 18's Evasive Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Rolling Bullet - One of 18's Evasive Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Spread Shot Retreat - An evasive energy barrage used by Android 18 as an Evasive Skill in Xenoverse 2. Can be added to Android 18's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2 after purchasing it for 5 TP Medals via Partner Customization.
- Ki Explosion - An explosive wave used by Android 18 as a Super Skill in Xenoverse 2. Can be added to Android 18's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2 after purchasing it for 5 TP Medals via Partner Customization.
- Super Electric Strike - An Ultimate Skill used by her brother Android 17 and a non-playable versions of her in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- DUAL Dead End Rain - A DUAL Ultimate version of Android 18's Dead End Rain which can be added to Android 18's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2 via Partner Customization.
- Rise to Action - A stamina restoring Super Skill in which the user slaps their cheeks to regain stamina. Can be added to Android 18's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2 after purchasing it for 5 TP Medals via Partner Customization.
- Charged Ki Wave - A stamina charging technique used by 18 as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse 2. Costs 5 TP Medals to unlock in Partner Customization in Xenoverse 2 after the 1.09.00 Update.
- Energy Charge - A ki charging technique used by 18 as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse 2. Available via Partner Customization in Xenoverse 2 after the 1.09.00 Update.
- Full Power Charge - A ki charging technique used by 18 as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse 2 that charges faster than Energy Charge. Available in Partner Customization after the 1.09.00 Update.
- Maximum Charge - A ki charging technique used by 18 as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse 2 that charges faster than Full Power Charge. Costs 5 TP Medals to unlock in Partner Customization in Xenoverse 2 after the 1.09.00 Update.
- Full Power Charge - A ki charging technique used by 18 as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse 2 that charges faster than Energy Charge. Available in Partner Customization after the 1.09.00 Update.
- Solar Flare - A technique where the user creates a flash of light to blind the opponent. Can be added to Android 18's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2 after purchasing it for 5 TP Medals via Partner Customization.
- Arts Rush - A rush attack and ki blast technique used by 18 as one of her Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Arts Rush EX - A stronger version of Arts Rush that 18 can learn after reaching Lv. 30 in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Energy Cannon - An energy wave used by 18 as one of her Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- EX-Fusion - By using a Metamo-Ring and performing the Fusion Dance, 18 can fuse with her brother to create Android 1718 or with Arale Norimaki to create Arale 18 in Dragon Ball Fusions.
Forms and transformations
A form taken on by Android 18 in Dragon Ball Heroes, it is the result of 18 falling under the control of Android 20's Enhanced Remodel state. In this state Android 18's eyes glow red.
Main article: Android 35 The hypothetical Potara Fusion of Android 17 and Android 18 that was proposed by Shin to be formed during the Tournament of Power as being twins, Android 17 and Android 18 were considered ideal candidates for Potara fusion. However the idea was scraped as Whis realized the dangers of fusion as if Android 35 were eliminated then both 17 and 18 would be eliminated leaving Team Universe 7 down two fighters. As a result, the fusion never materialized.
Tekka (fused w/ Android 18)
Main article: Tekka
By select Tekka as Fusion Target 1 and Android 18 as Fusion Target 2, they can perform EX-Fusion. Like all of Tekka's EX-Fusions, the resulting will retain Tekka's selected name, race, gender, voice, and their profile description will remain the same, though they will gain 18's hairstyle and access to her Skills and Special Moves. Appears in Dragon Ball Fusions.
Video Game Appearances
Android 18 made her first appearance in a Dragon Ball video game spin-off in Dragon Ball Z III: Ressen Jinzōningen and her first playable appearance in Dragon Ball Z: Gekitō Tenkaichi Budōkai. She has since featured in a number of video games, which are Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden, Cult Jump, Dragon Ball Z: Buyū Retsuden, Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 3, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22, Dragon Ball Z: The Legend, Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors, Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II, Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu, Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, Dragon Ball Z: Sagas, Dragon Ball Z: Battle Taikan Kamehameha - Omee to Fusion, Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, the Budokai series, the Supersonic Warriors series, the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Super Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, the Raging Blast series, Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, Dragon Ball Z For Kinect, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, Dragon Ball Fusions, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and Dragon Ball FighterZ. She also is playable in Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle, Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers, Dragon Ball Heroes, and Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale.
In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Chi-Chi says Android 18 is the eldest out of her and her twin brother Android 17 and also expresses jealousy over the fact that 18 does not age. Also in Budokai Tenkaichi 3, when defeated by Android 13, Android 13 tells her "...respect your elders, Boy!" despite her being a female, due to her and Android 17 sharing the same special interaction quote. When she fights Zangya in the game, Zangya says she likes her man (hinting Zangya has a crush on Krillin). She also has a special interaction with General Blue, and is notably one of only three playable females in the game to not have Blue react in disgust to their gender.
She is briefly seen in cutscenes in Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu. It is shown in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, when Android 18 uses the Dragon Balls, that she wishes for her humanity to be restored, a wish which Shenron cannot grant. She goes on to wish for Krillin to become an android, although Shenron cannot grant this wish either. She eventually settles on having the "terminate Goku" program installed into her erased, which Shenron does grant.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Android 18 is one of the Future Warrior selectable Masters that travel from their time period to Age 850 Toki Toki City. It is later revealed that 18 only agreed to train the Warrior because the Supreme Kai of Time agreed to pay her and will often mention it several times while training the Future Warrior.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Android 18 is once again one of the optional Masters for the Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2) who appears in Conton City's Business District on the walkway behind the Accessory Shop. Like in Xenoverse, Android 18 reveals she has been promised a reward by the Supreme Kai of Time for training them. Interestingly, the plot description for one of her Lesson's refers to her as Mrs. Krillin (a reference to her status as Krillin's wife). She has special dialogue with Android 13 who states "The android series' latest addition...is a skinny girl. Fascinating." while 18 responds by say "Hmph. Well, you've got a rather foul mouth on you..." indicating she does not appreciate being called a skinny girl. She also has dialogue with Android 16, in which she will state "I've been always curious... Just how strong are you?" to which 16 responds with "Will a simple spec read-out suffice? ...I doubt it."
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Tekka's Team can encounter Android 18 at the Cell Games Arena. There they will find 18 yelling at Krillin. 18 reminds him that he is supposed to be searching for their daughter's lost things. Krillin agrees to get right on it, but 18 suggests that Tekka's Team help out as well, as she considers them to be partially responsible. She explains that Marron dropped three of her things while 18 and Krillin were doing recon over the undamaged portion of Future West City. Realizing they have no choice, Kid Goku suggests they go and search. After finding Marron's lost sandal, her favorite ribbon, and favorite toy, Tekka's Team returns to 18. She thanks them for their help and Goten asks if she would join their team. Though 18 has no interest in the Timespace Tournament as there is no prize money for winning, she agrees, stating that it would at least be something to do. Completing this Sub-Event unlocks Android 18 as a playable character and causes her to appear on the team's Spaceship.
By performing EX-Fusion with her brother, Android 18 can fuse with him to create Android 1718 (making her one of only two female characters who can fuse with a male, the other being Great Saiyawoman who can fuse with Great Saiyaman to create Great Saiyaman 12). She can also perform EX-Fusion with Arale Norimaki to create Arale 18. Android 18 also appears as a powerful enemy NPC that can be encountered in front of the hidden entrance to Dr. Gero's Lab, on a team that includes her brother, Android 16, Android 44, and Android 55 (it is implied that this 18 is from a different time period than the 18 recruited by Tekka's Team, as the two 18's can fight against each other if Android 18 is part of Tekka's team). An evil version of Android 18 (presumably Future Android 18) also appears in Sub-Event: "Justice's Little Ally" as Goten and Kid Trunks note that she is different from the 18 they know. This evil 18 joins her brother (presumably Future 17), Android 19, and Android 20 in attacking Satan City only to be driven off by Teen Uub who enlists Tekka's Team in chasing after the Androids after they split up into pairs. If they select the boy and the girl, they will face 18 and 17. If they chose the other they will face 19 and 20, while Uub chases after the twins and defeats them.
- Japanese: Miki Itō
- Ocean Group dub: Enuka Okuma
- FUNimation dub: Meredith McCoy (Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and video games before 2010, Battle of Gods, Resurrection ‘F’, Dragon Ball Super, and video games after 2014), Colleen Clinkenbeard (Dragon Ball Z Kai, Shin Budokai, Tenkaichi Tag Team, and video games from Raging Blast 2 to Battle of Z)
- Blue Water dub: Jennifer Bain
- AB Groupe dub: Sharon Mann
- Bang Zoom! dub: Tamara Ryan
- Latin American dub: Cristina Camargo (DBZ), Mónica Villaseñor (Bio-Broly, DBZ Kai TFC, DBS), Lourdes Morán (DBGT), Anabel Méndez (DBGT ep. 31), Jocelyn Robles (DBZ Kai until Cell Saga), Karina Altamirano (DBZ Kai eps. 97-98)
- Italian dub: Debora Magnaghi
- German dub: Diana Borgwardt
- Portuguese dub: Cristina Cavalinhos
- Spanish dub: Ana Fernandez
- Catalan dub: Pilar Morales
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Eleonora Prado (DBZ, DBS, and movies), Angélica Santos (DBGT)
- Hungarian dub: Claudia Liptai (DBZ), Erika F. Nagy (DBGT)
- Tagalog Dub: Klariz Magboo (DBZ, Redub), Charmaine Cordoviz (DBZ Kai)
- Hebrew dub: Mirav Damari (DBZ), Orna Katz (DBZ, DBGT, DBS)
- Dragon Ball Z
- Android 18 vs. Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
- Android 18 and Android 17 vs. Vegeta (Super Saiyan), Future Trunks (Super Saiyan), Piccolo, and Tien Shinhan
- Android 18 and Android 17 vs. Biker gang (anime only)
- Android 18 and Android 17 vs. Goku, Future Trunks, Gohan, and Krillin (dream; anime only)
- Android 18, Krillin, and Android 16 vs. Cell (Semi-Perfect Form)
- Android 18 vs. Cell (Semi-Perfect Form)
- Android 18 vs. Krillin (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Jewel
- Android 18 vs. Mighty Mask (Trunks (Base/Super Saiyan) and Goten (Base/Super Saiyan))
- Android 18 vs. Mr. Satan
- Dragon Ball Super
- Android 18, Tien Shinhan, and Piccolo vs. Beerus
- Android 18 and Krillin vs. Goku (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Blue) (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Krillin (anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Cocotte (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Sorrel (off-screen; anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Prum (Manga only)
- Android 18 vs. Shosa (Anime only)
- Android 18 and Krillin vs. Shosa (Anime only)
- Android 18 and Krillin vs. Majora (Anime only)
- Android 18 and Android 17 vs. Kahseral (Anime only)
- Android 18 and Goku vs. Tupper (Base/Petrified form) and Zoiray (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Cocotte
- Android 18 vs. Paparoni (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Katopesla (Whirlwind Speed Mode) (Anime only)
- Android 18 and Android 17 vs. Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne) and Su Roas (Rozie) (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne/Base/Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne) (Anime only)
- Android 18, Goku (Base/Super Saiyan Blue) & Android 17 vs. Zirloin (Formation), Rabanra (Formation), & Zarbuto (Formation) (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Gamisaras (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Prum (Illusion) (Anime only)
- Android 18 and Android 17 vs. Viara (anime only)
- Android 18, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Android 17, Frieza (Final Form), and Jiren vs. Aniraza (Anime only)
- Android 18, Goku (Base/Super Saiyan God), Vegeta (Super Saiyan), Gohan (Base/Potential Unleashed), and Android 17 vs. Anilaza (Anime only)
- Android 18, Goku (Super Saiyan God), Vegeta (Super Saiyan), Gohan (Potential Unleashed), Android 17, and Frieza (Final Form) vs. Anilaza (Anime only)
- Android 18 vs. Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne), Sanka Ku (Kankunsa) & Su Roas (Rozie)(Manga only)
- Android 18, Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne), Sanka Ku (Kankunsa), Su Roas (Rozie), Murichim, Jilcol, and Piccolo vs. Gamisaras (Manga only)
- Dragon Ball GT
- Android 18, Trunks, and Goten vs. Lord Jaguar's Bio-Warriors
- Android 18 vs. Bio-Broly
- Android 18, Krillin, Trunks (Base/Super Saiyan), and Goten (Base/Super Saiyan) vs. Bio-Broly
- Android 18, Tien Shinhan, and Piccolo vs. Beerus
- Android 18 and Krillin vs. Gohan (Great Saiyaman) vs. Piccolo
- Android 18 is the first character to defeat a Super Saiyan in a fair fight.
- Android 18 and Android 17's respective human names, Lazuli (18) and Lapis (17), when put in order, is shown as "Lapis Lazuli," which is a deep-blue semi-precious stone prized for its color since antiquity. Android 18 is never shown revealing her birth name in the original series and, following her allegiance to the Z Fighters after the defeat of Cell, she is referred to as simply "No. 18". The same goes for her brother in Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Super.
- In Dragon Ball Forever's poll of the top 20 best characters, Android 18 was voted number 10 by Japanese fans. This makes her the highest voted female on the list by a wide margin.
- In Dragon Ball Z, during the Imperfect Cell Saga and the Buu Sagas, her ki blasts are shown to be pink when she defends herself against Semi-Perfect Cell and during her match against Mighty Mask (Goten and Trunks). But in the movie, Bio-Broly and Dragon Ball GT her ki blasts are blue when unleashing a single ki blast to destroy Jaguar's tournament bracket meter and later her brother, Android 17 when she protects her older daughter Marron. She later unleashes her Energy Bullets towards Super 17 to assist Goku in defeating him.
- When she appeared again during the Majin Buu arc, strangely, her eyes had a darker shade of blue compared to their appearance in the Androids and Cell Sagas, where they are greyish blue like 17's, also, her eyes had a less sterner shape than last time, this design for Android 18 is kept throughout the rest of Dragon Ball Z through Dragon Ball GT. In recent video games and cards featuring Android 18, her eyes were once again greyish blue and more sterner, for Battle of Gods, Resurrection ‘F’, and Dragon Ball Super, she is featured with teal blue eyes and eye design from the Buu Saga through GT.
- In the 2nd opening of Dragon Ball Super for the Universe Survival Saga, she is once again featured this time with greyish blue eyes and sterner shape from the Androids Saga, also in the new eyecatch 2 of the series, she is featured with sterner eyes, possibly hinting and symbolizing her return to fighting, along with her brother, 17.
- She thinks that Chi-Chi has a bad fashion sense because her entire wardrobe was filled with Cheongsams when raiding Goku's House.
- Android 18 had been killed twice by major villains through the series. By Super Buu when he turns her into chocolate and when Frieza blows up the Earth with his Earth Breaker, in both cases, she dies alongside her daughter, Marron.
- Android 18 is capable of taking baths without short-circuiting herself, as shown after bathing, she comes out perfectly fine, this proves that cyborg-type "androids" can still bathe, without the worry of short-circuiting, since they are humans turned into cyborgs.
- However it should be noted that when Bulma looked at the Android blueprints she revealed that 18 and her brother where modified with reconstructed organic matter and had very little artificial components (save for the ones that cause the Androids to shut down when the Shut Down Remote is used and possibly the Android Bombs however the latter was removed after the Cell Games) meaning there would hardly be any cybernetic components to short-circuit (and what little cybernetic components they did have would be internal and protected by their human body) and it is unlikely that a scientist like Dr. Gero would create advanced Androids/Cyborgs that would short circuit when exposed to something as simple as water which covers most of the Earth and would be a glaring weakness.
- It should also be noted that in the real world the human body is made up of at least 60% of water for an adult male and 50% for adult females, thus if Human type Earthlings have the same biological composition as their real-world counterparts, then Android 17 and 18's internal cybernetic components would likely be designed to handle exposure to water and other chemicals found in the human body in order for them to function effectively.
- It should also be noted that in the video games that feature underwater areas, all Androids/Cyborgs can fight underwater in the same manner as other characters.
- In the Android saga, Future Trunks was talking about 17 and 18 and said if 18 weren't evil, he'd call her cute.
- In the Tournament of Power.
- Android 18 is the only female member of Team Universe 7.
- Android 18 was the last remaining female fighter in the anime while she was the sixth of all 14 female fighters to be eliminated in the manga.
- Android 18 was the one of the final 10 fighters in the anime. (In the manga, there are 45 fighters left in the stage when she was eliminated.)
- In the anime, Android 18's eliminated 6 fighters before she chose to sacrifice herself to save 17 from being eliminated. In the manga, Android 18's eliminated only 2 fighters and eliminated by Gamisaras' sneak attack while she's about to eliminate Brianne de Chateau, Sanka Ku and Su Roas.
Main article: Android 18/Gallery
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ Chozenshu 1
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super Anime Episode 75
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dragon Ball Fusions, 2016
- ↑ Dragon Ball Heroes, 2010
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 "Dragon Ball Q&A" section, Dragon Ball Full Color Androids Saga volume 6, 2014
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, 2007
- ↑ Daizenshuu 7, 1996
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 365, "Son Goku Awakens"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Daizenshuu 4
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 83, "Form The Universe 7 Representing Team! Who Are the Strongest Ten?!"
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super chapter 31
- ↑ Chōzenshū 1, 2013
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 260, "Feeding Frenzy"
- ↑ Dragon Ball GT episode 50, "The Five-Star Dragon"
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 349, "The Androids Awake!"
- ↑ "Yes. Now I have eternal life like you." - Dr. Gero, Dragon Ball Z episode 133, "Nightmare Comes True"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 18.5 18.6 18.7 18.8 18.9 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 1.09.00 Update DLC
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 147, "Time Chamber"