"As an expert on destroying planets, I'd say you're just about out of time. Agreed? And yet you're standing there like a statue waiting for me to make the first move."
Approaching Destruction (神龍よ宇宙を走れ!! 迫るナメック星消滅の時 Shenlong yo Uchuu o Hashire!! Semaru Namekkusei Shoumetsu no Toki) is the twenty-fourth episode of the Frieza Saga and the ninety-ninth overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on July 17, 1991. Its original American air date was October 22, 1999.
However, King Kai comes up with an alternate plan, to use the Earth's Dragon Balls to restore everyone on Namek who was murdered by Frieza, which will revive Grand Elder Guru, who actually died of a broken heart due to the pain he felt from Frieza murdering his children, and with his revival, the Namekian Dragon Balls will also be restored allowing someone to then use the final wish from Porunga to ask everyone on Namek to be transported to Earth except for Frieza, who will be left to die in the planets explosion. However, this will require Yamcha and Tien to stay an extra year with King Kai though they are more than happy to wait.
Goku and Frieza continue their battle with Frieza headbutting Goku but Goku grabs him and swings around launching towards the planet before Frieza stops his momentum with a blast.
Back at Goku's ship, Bulma is briefly frightened by Piccolo's presence, although he is unconscious, and suggests leaving Piccolo on Namek much to Gohan's frustration. Terrified at Namek's impending explosion, Bulma attempts to start the ship to leave, but Gohan, despite Goku's orders to leave, refuses. Bulma grudgingly agrees to wait longer.
On Earth, Mr. Popo summons Shenron and asks him to restore to life everyone that had been killed by Frieza and his men. Shenron hesitates as he attempts to try and fulfill the wish.
- Mr. Popo summons Shenron and asks him to revive all those killed by Frieza and his men.
- Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza (Final Form-100%)
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Earth Music" - When Dr. Brief is fixing the Capsule Corporation spaceship.
- "Cell Contacts Goku" - When Chi-Chi contacts Gohan.
Differences from the manga
- In the anime, Gohan takes Bulma back to the ship who freaks out from seeing Piccolo. She attempts to leave the planet due to being on the verge of destruction but Gohan begs her to wait. In the manga they are transported to Earth before they even make it back to the ship.