"I'll win next time."
Arqua (アークア, Ākua) is a character in the Dragon Ball franchise. He makes his debut in the 197th episode of Dragon Ball Z, "Water Fight", and he is seen again in a cameo in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn.
Dragon Ball Z
Majin Buu Saga
Arqua is East Kai's prodigy student. He is matched against Goku in the third round of the Other World Tournament, where he is met with a rough start. Shortly into the match, Arqua transforms the arena into a water environment, giving him somewhat of an advantage in the battle. However, with his strategy combining the Solar Flare and Kamehameha techniques, Goku is able to launch Arqua out of the ring and emerge victorious.
After his defeat, Arqua is scolded by East Kai for allegedly ruining her reputation, and is ordered to run 1,000 laps around Grand Kai's mansion. Goku confesses he is impressed with Arqua's abilities (as opposed to his previous opponent) and proposes they one day have a rematch, imposing some joy in the usually melancholy Arqua, until East Kai yells at him once again.
Arqua makes an appearance in the Kid Buu Saga, still on Grand Kai's planet, he is with numerous other fighters surrounding King Kai, Yamcha, and Krillin when the three are following Goku's battle against Kid Buu via King Kai's telepathy.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Fusion RebornPikkon easily defeats him in the semi-finals of the second Other World Tournament by jabbing him on the right cheek. Shortly later, he is seen in the stands during the final between Goku and Pikkon.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Eye Flash – A non-lethal technique where the user releases a bright flash of light from his eyes.
- Flooding Technique – The ability to flood the area around himself in water. Arqua uses an Eye Flash before performing this technique.
- Underwater Breathing - The ability to breath underwater.
Video game appearances
Arqua appears in Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury.
Dragon Ball Z
- Arqua vs. Goku
- Arqua vs. Pikkon
- His named is based on "aqua," the Latin word for "water", which is a reference to his aquatic abilities and fishman appearance.
- Arqua's enhanced speed underwater is similar to Aquaman's power increase underwater.
- A Frieza soldier identical to Arqua, though wearing Battle Armor, appears in the Resurrection ‘F’ manga.