- This article is about the mainstream Bardock that was formerly controlled by Towa and Mira. For the Bardock that currently appears in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, see Bardock: Xeno.
"Frieza's taken our loyalty and paid us back in our own blood."
Bardock (バーダック Bādakku) is a low-class Saiyan warrior, the husband of Gine, and the father of Raditz and Goku. He makes his debut as the main protagonist of the 1990 TV special Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku. Bardock's childhood until his early years in adulthood is unknown, but he is shown to lead his own squad into battle, and they are very successful in accomplishing their assignments. He is an adept fighter and a devoted Saiyan Army soldier under Frieza's Force until he realizes that Frieza plans the annihilation of the Saiyan race.
As noted by Raditz and Frieza, Bardock bears a striking resemblance to Goku: he is a tall man of muscular built with black hair. His hair is unkempt with 3 bangs hanging to the right of his forehead and 2 bangs hanging to the left. His hair also stands up in the front with 5 spikes and 4 in the back. Unlike his son, he has a tanner skin-tone and his eyes are more defined and sterner. Arguably his most distinctive trait is the long thick scar running down his left cheek. Like most Universe 7 Saiyans, he has a long prehensile tail with brown fur which generally keeps secured around his waist akin to a belt.
In Bardock - The Father of Goku, he wears a dark blue and green Battle Armor, dark blue combat pants, long red armbands with matching leg warmers, a green Scouter on his left eye, and black and green boots. Later, Bardock adopts Tora's blood-soaked armband as a headband when he fights Team Dodoria on Planet Meat, which he retains when he attempts to kill Frieza.
In Dragon Ball Minus, Bardock wears a beige Battle Armor with shoulder pads and boots without the red shinguards, blue armbands instead of red and no longer wears his red headband. He also has an additional thin scar running horizontally across his right bicep. His tail is also draped more loosely around his hips
In Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's original character design, Bardock had a longer scar, his hair was more spiked (similar to Vegeta's hair), his Battle Armor was a lighter shade of green, and it had three or four flaps at the waist, and did not wear the long-legged jumpsuit he has in Akira Toriyama's final design for the 1990 TV special.
The author also comments that all he really did was take Goku and give him the brutal edge of a warrior race, and dress him in the Battle Armor provided by Frieza's forces.
In Dragon Ball Online, Bardock wears a black and golden armor with a strap around his neck, his pants are black instead of dark blue and he wears dark armbands along with the older ones, and dark leggings along with the older ones as well, features provided by the Time Breakers. Also, while being controlled, a white mask is given to him, with a symbol of the Time Breakers on its forehead, the eyes are also covered by the same symbol in black. While at this state, he is referred to as Time Breaker Bardock or Masked Saiyan.
While warlike similar to other Universe 7 Saiyans, compared to the cold-hearted and simple thoughts of his race, Bardock also happens to possess calm judgment and a measure of humanity. Due to his actions of saving his companions, which is rare for a Saiyan, he is greatly adored among a portion of the low-class warriors. He has a great sense of pride and independence as while most Saiyans have all been tamed by Frieza and his army, even King Vegeta, Bardock is the only one that maintains something of their pure nature and showed a willingness to challenge Frieza.
In Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku, he has a very plain view in life. While praised by others as brilliant, Bardock rejects such compliments, believing that he is simply experienced for combat. His loyalty and compassion for his friends and allies was shown so deep that he mourned their respective deaths and vowed to avenge them, particularly Tora who he openly viewed as his best friend. Along with this, he also attempts to warn the other Saiyans that Frieza is coming to destroy Planet Vegeta, and even though they don't listen. He is somewhat cocky, loves fighting, and will kill in cold blood. He has a laid-back and fearless personality as evidenced by him taking responsibility in confronting Frieza alone. He is a highly capable tactician in battle, able to perceive the situation at hand and act accordingly with it, as shown from his ability to out-maneuver Frieza's men. Later, in Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, Bardock keeps his sociality, he says his name to Berry right after the boy asked him. But he also shows a little bit of stubbornness, when Berry offers him a basket of food and he denies it even being hungry, but soon Bardock starts to accept Berry's persistence and becomes softer with the child. When Plantains thanked Bardock for Chilled's defeat, Bardock replies with a smile.
In Dragon Ball Minus/Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Bardock's personality is very different. While a still a Saiyan soldier at heart, he was more social as he would greet other Saiyans after arriving in his homeworld. He showed great care and compassion for his children, an action he says that is due to Gine's softness rubbing off on him. Upon learning of Frieza's growing fear of the Super Saiyan legend, Bardock quickly comes up with a plan to get Kakarot off world so he could live. Bardock also displays some heroic qualities as well, as when Frieza launches his Supernova to destroy Planet Vegeta, Bardock flies up to try and stop it, resorting to throwing himself in front of it as a last ditch effort to stop it.
Bardock is a low-class Saiyan mercenary who leads a small platoon comprised of four other Saiyan soldiers in Bardock - The Father of Goku: Tora, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh. His wife Gine was also part of Bardock's Team at one point. Together, the team makes a living by traveling to various planets where they decimate the defenses of these civilizations and prepare them for Frieza's Planetary Market. Bardock was famous for his bravery even among the Saiyans; he is mentioned by Paragus in Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan when he recognizes Goku as Bardock's son, and it can be thought that Paragus was Bardock's superior according to the Supplemental Daizenshuu. After being saved on the battlefield by him several times, Gine developed some feelings for Bardock. Due to her gentle nature, Gine was not cut out for fighting and retired. Her gentle nature has also changed Bardock's behavior, as Saiyans usually do not demonstrate care for their children but Bardock does. Bardock and Gine already had two sons by the time of the destruction of Planet Vegeta. According to Akira Toriyama, the pair of Bardock and Gine were those rare Saiyans who were joined by a bond other than for reproductive purposes, and in an interview, he says that Bardock himself might have had siblings, but perhaps even Bardock himself does not really know and, at any rate, he probably has no interest in it either.
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Main articles: Dragon Ball Minus: The Departure of the Fated Child and Dragon Ball Super: Broly
"You have to stay alive!"
Bardock and Leek are in a battle against aliens on another planet when they receive a message on their Scouters ordering all Saiyans back to Planet Vegeta. The two head back to the planet, noticing Frieza's Spaceship hovering in orbit above Planet Vegeta. Bardock believes that Frieza must have a hidden agenda. Upon his return to Planet Vegeta, Bardock learns from Taro that Frieza's men had been asking about the Super Saiyan legend.
Bardock heads home to reunite with Gine and asks if their son, Kakarot, is still in his incubator. Gine says that he is, but it has been three years, so he will be released soon. Bardock also learns that Raditz is off world with Vegeta and Nappa. Bardock fills Gine in on what is going on and reassures her everything is going to be alright as he has a plan. His plan is to send Kakarot off world to a planet called Earth, which he already scouted prior and the population is mostly peaceful and anyone may not pose a threat to Kakarot. From there, they would wait it out and if Bardock is wrong they will simply go to Earth and get Kakarot and come back and if not they to will escape to Earth if there is time. Later at night, Bardock steals an Attack Ball, and he and Gine send Kakarot away to Earth, also deciding to inform Raditz about this. Bardock places his hand on the cockpit window as to does Kakarot. Bardock tells his son to be strong and brave for him and smiles at him as Kakarot is flown to safety. A month after this Frieza flies up above Planet Vegeta and throws his Supernova at it. Bardock tries blasting it but his attack is overwhelmed and he is disintegrated.
Dragon Ball Z
Main article: Raditz Saga Bardock appears at the beginning of the first episode of Dragon Ball Z Kai, he appears confronting Frieza in the stratosphere of Planet Vegeta, and attempts to attack him with his Final Spirit Cannon to change the future, however Frieza merely laughs and fires his Supernova which overtakes Bardock and then hits Planet Vegeta, resulting in the genocide of the Saiyans.
Main article: Frieza Saga
Because Bardock was primarily the creation of Toei Animation, it was only after the airing of The Father of Goku that Bardock would make an appearance in the manga. Bardock appeared in a two-panel cameo appearance, in Frieza's flashback when he sees Goku, who reminds him of Bardock, Frieza recalls that Bardock had attacked him right before he destroyed Planet Vegeta, and was killed alongside the rest of the Saiyans when Frieza destroyed the planet using a Supernova.
Bardock also made cameo appearances in the Dragon Ball Z anime series, including during Frieza's flashbacks to the 'final confrontation' scene featured at the climax of Bardock - The Father of Goku when Frieza deduces Bardock's relation to Goku when recalling his destruction of Planet Vegeta.
Bardock - The Father of Goku
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku
After clearing a society on the Planet Kanassa as Great Apes, a weakened survivor emerges, catching Bardock off-guard, and instills in the Saiyan the ability of precognitive foresight. This ability, the Kanassan believes, will over time serve Bardock with vengeance for the crimes the Saiyans commit in the name of Frieza. While in recovery after the platoon's return to Planet Vegeta, Bardock is met with what he passes off as a delusion. In his vision, he witnesses the destruction of his home planet by the hand of Frieza and also sees the salvation of the planet Earth through his son Kakarot. During this time, presiding doctors attest that Bardock's Power Level is approaching 10,000, and that at this rate he may surpass the strength of the Saiyan ruler, King Vegeta.
Bardock is still out of commission when Frieza executes his selfish plan to resolve the paranoia he is experiencing. Following Frieza's orders, the capable Soldiers Tora, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh are instructed to clear the civilization of Planet Meat. During their visit to the planet, the group encounters one of Frieza's most dangerous minions, Dodoria, and his elites, who betray them by Frieza's orders and make short work of Bardock's Team.
When Bardock is informed that his Team has accepted an offer on planet Meat, a still injured Bardock hurriedly makes preparations to pursue his friends, unaware of the dangers that await at his destination. On his way to his Attack Ball, he comes across his newborn son Kakarot and checks his power level to see if his visions about him growing up to be a strong warrior is true, but disregards the notion after seeing that his son only has an average power level. Eventually, once upon Meat, Bardock discovers his ravaged comrades and, to some fortune, finds that Tora is alive but in critical condition. Vowing to avenge the four, Bardock removes Tora's Armband, now soaked in blood, and dons it over his head. Bardock is suddenly assaulted by Dodoria's Elite, although for a low-class Saiyan, he is able to dominate over the elite-class fighters until Dodoria launches a Energy Cannon, overpowering Bardock, blasting him into his friends' dead bodies and leaving him for dead.
Bardock barely survives this attack, and coming to terms with the fact that his visions are actual premonitions and not a case of delirium, he desperately struggles against time to return to Planet Vegeta and change the grim fate of his people. Upon his return to the planet, he immediately begins spreading the word of danger, but his panic (as well as the state of his condition) only leads the other Saiyans to believe Bardock is overreacting after having finally met his match during a typical mission.
"This will be an opportunity to change Planet Vegeta's fate, my own fate, to change Kakarot's fate... And yours too!"
Angry at the reaction he has received, Bardock yells at the other saiyans for their disbelief and they are stunned into silence. Bardock realizes the helplessness of his situation, but his son appears into him in a vision and Bardock goes into a frenzy takes to the skies where Frieza's Spaceship is orbiting, in a last resort effort to throttle Frieza's plan to eradicate the Saiyans. As Bardock displays an abnormal ability to fend off hundreds of Frieza's soldiers, Frieza decides that the situation is growing out of hand. Frieza's decision is solidified by his perceived insolence of another Saiyan, King Vegeta, who has invaded Frieza's Spaceship with his servants' in an attempt to rescue their prince, Vegeta (who at this time is nowhere near the ship, as he is carrying out orders on another planet). After killing King Vegeta and his Royal Guard, Frieza steps out into the orbit of planet Vegeta where he encounters Bardock, who insists that the Saiyans refuse to continue being oppressed and commanded by the tyrant and announces his intentions to avenge all killed for Frieza's cause.
Intending to wipe out the Saiyans anyway, Frieza does not see a problem with Bardock's allegation, and somewhat patiently listens to Bardock's speech, staking out the perfect opportunity to commence his genocide. This opening comes when Bardock attempts to kill Frieza using a Final Spirit Cannon, which Frieza retaliates with by laughing maniacally as he expands a charging Supernova which absorbs Bardock's blast.
Within moments, the Supernova is set free from Frieza's fingertip and careens through numerous bystander soldiers en route toward Planet Vegeta; Bardock is among the first of many to be consumed by the ball of energy. As he is incinerated within the Supernova, Bardock has one final vision, that of his son Goku (born Kakarot) challenging and defeating Frieza, which brings a smile to his face. His regret, however, is that he never had a chance to hold his infant son in his arms before his child was commissioned to Earth only days after being born. In the Japanese dub as well as in Dragon Ball Z Kai, however, Bardock tells his son Kakarot to avenge the Saiyans and Planet Vegeta.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
The opening of Cooler's Revenge shows the ending scene of Bardock - The Father of Goku, which appears Bardock confronting Frieza. Cooler witnesses his brother confronting the last Saiyan as well as him destroying planet Vegeta. Salza then detects a space pod flying away, but Cooler decides to ignore it, saying that Frieza is careless and it is his fault that a Saiyan will survive.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Episode of Bardock
Main article: Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
"I'm just a Saiyan, I suppose."
As he is being overwhelmed by Frieza's Supernova, Towa uses a wormhole to capture him, however, he runs to the past.
Bardock survives after his battle against Frieza and wakes up in a bed on a planet that looks a lot like Planet Vegeta. He is being treated by two aliens: the village doctor Ipana and his son Berry. Bardock remarks that the medicine used to heal him is similar to the fluid in Medical Machines and Ipana says that the name of the planet is Planet Plant, the old name of Planet Vegeta, so Bardock starts to wonder if he is in the past. When two Soldiers named Toobi and Cabira arrive and declare that they are going to conquer the planet, Bardock confronts and kills them. The villagers come to thank him, but Bardock flies away to a cave. When Berry arrives at the cave with a basket of food, Bardock tells him to leave, but eventually eats the young alien's food and grows tolerant of him over time.
When the space pirate Chilled and his soldiers come to investigate Planet Plant, due to the death of Toobi and Cabira, Berry tells Bardock that he has a bad feeling about him. When Chilled and his Soldiers start terrorizing the planet, Berry begs Bardock to help the Plants. Remembering his friends' decimation on Planet Meat, Bardock accepts and saves Ipana from Chilled's men. When he sees Chilled, Bardock confuses him for Frieza and angrily attacks him with a punch to the face. Chilled kicks him and begins to crush him.
Chilled is about to deliver the finishing energy blast to Bardock when Berry rushes forward in an attempt to save him. However, Chilled throws the blast instead to him, wounding Berry. Upon seeing this, Bardock thinks of Frieza and the death of his crew and becomes furious. He then transforms into a Super Saiyan. He and Chilled begin fighting once more, and Chilled tries to Ki Blast him to death, and as a last resort, he uses a Death Ball to try to destroy Planet Plant along with Bardock. However, Bardock fires a Rebellion Trigger at Chilled, and the force of the blast sent the tyrant flying into space. The villagers cheer on Bardock and he smiles and then walks away. It is revealed that Chilled's knowledge about Super Saiyans was passed to his descendants.
Dragon Ball Online
Main article: Dragon Ball Online
Bardock is saved by Mira from Frieza's technique, but he is then controlled by Mira to be his servant. When under control by Mira, Bardock wears a white mask temporarily that brainwashes him and is capable of blocking Blutz Waves. During the third Time Machine Quest (TMQ3), Time Breaker Bardock appears in the Age 761 to interrupt Gohan's training with Piccolo, the player has to pass through a number of battles, whilst doing it, Time Breaker Bardock succeeded in brainwashing Gohan in his Great Ape form. After the player defeated Time Breaker Bardock, all the story returns to normal and Piccolo destroys the moon in the process. Later, in the fourth Time Machine Quest (TMQ4) during Age 762, Time Breaker Bardock appears again and he fights against the player, during the climax of the battle, his mask breaks on the left side, showing a slight of a red headband what appears to be a scar on his cheek. Mira appears and attacks Time Patrol Trunks. The player has to fight against him (while Time Breaker Bardock is nowhere to be seen), after the battle, Mira decides to destroy Earth, but eventually Bardock appears (now with the mask totally broken) and grabs him on the back, Mira asks how dare he does so, to which Bardock replies he was wide opened while prepared the attack. Bardock then says even though Mira saved his life, he will act on his own will, thus, Bardock charges a self-destruction attack and says farewell to his son Kakarot and launches it, apparently killing both of them while Time Patrol Trunks was waking up and could see the destruction of Bardock, but as the smoke wiped clean, Mira had survived the explosion.
At the end of the fifth Time Machine Quest (TMQ5), it has been shown Bardock also survived his own self-destruction attack. In the sixth Time Machine Quest (TMQ6) during the events on Planet Namek, as a Galactic Frieza Army soldier is about to shoot Time Patrol Trunks in the back, Bardock appears and kills the soldier, he then greets Time Patrol Trunks and supposes he has a lot to ask, but Bardock warns him that Towa is trying to brainwash Goku, Time Patrol Trunks replies this is impossible since Goku has a pure heart, Bardock counters saying that if Ginyu's soul is embedded in Goku's body, then it is possible. Time Patrol Trunks asks why Bardock is helping them, Bardock tends to respond that is because Goku is his son, but he reformulates his line just saying he owes him a favor, and then he makes an alliance with him. Although now a hero, Bardock retains his Time Breaker Bardock state when he aids Time Patrol Trunks in saving Goku, since his eyes are still red, and he also keeps his Time Breaker Battle Armor.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse
"Kakarot has the critical responsibility of beating Frieza, he is fighting for the Saiyans, for everyone who died on planet Vegeta! I will not... Let you interfere with Kakarot!"
Bardock appears in a secret post-main story scenario. In it, Bardock is facing Frieza's Soldiers under Demigra's Dark Magic, the Future Warrior helps Bardock passing through all of them in order to get to Frieza. When done so, Bardock must face Frieza himself also under the dark magic until he launches his Supernova attack and hits Bardock, but instead of dying, Bardock suddenly vanishes, being saved by a wormhole as explained by Chronoa just after this incident.
Later, Bardock appears in Broly's scenario, Broly is trying to attack Goku during his fight against Frieza, the player must help Bardock in stopping Broly in Age 762, on Dying Namek. During the battle, Future Trunks reveals this is all due to Demigra. Then, all three characters are transported to Earth due to the Dragon Balls (a wish made by Goku to transport everyone to Earth). There, they continue to fight until Vegeta eventually appears, Bardock asks him to create a Power Ball, by doing so, he could transform into a Great Ape, Vegeta does it and Bardock reappears in that form, but not before destroying it, preventing Broly from turning into a Great Ape as well. Later, Great Ape Bardock, Future Warrior, and Vegeta managed to defeat Broly. Bardock then falls unconscious.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
"How dare you make a fool of me... This time, it's not about the Saiyans... or even my son Kakarot! I'm here for payback! Never underestimate a Saiyan's power!"
Bardock plays a tertiary antagonist role as the Masked Saiyan under Mira and Towa's control. In the opening of Xenoverse 2, a Time Scroll containing a history of the Genocide of the Saiyans is shown, Bardock has a vision of Golden Frieza confronting Super Saiyan Blue Goku in Age 779 before attacking Frieza with his Final Spirit Cannon only to have it absorbed by Frieza's Supernova which destroys Planet Vegeta and seemingly kills Bardock. However Towa and Mira apparently intervene by creating the wormhole that sends Bardock to a distant past, and he is later shown near the end of the opening as the Masked Saiyan. It is later revealed by Towa that after being swallowed by the wormhole she created Bardock had managed escape into the distant past, forcing Mira and Towa to follow after him and captured him after the events of Episode of Bardock had transpired thus Towa and Mira were partially responsible for Bardock's encounter with Chilled that lead him to become a Super Saiyan. Interestingly, the Time Patrol considers the fight with Chilled part of the official timeline, as Jierra is sent to ensure Chilled survives long enough to pass on the knowledge of Super Saiyans.
When Towa and Mira encounter Turles and Slug and give them their enhanced Fruits of the Tree of Might, the Masked Saiyan appears next to them. The Masked Saiyan is also seen watching as the Future Warrior helps Trunks against Mira in Age 762. It is revealed in the Decisive Battle with Majin Buu Saga that the Masked Saiyan has been secretly gathering Kili from the Time Patrol's battles with the villains empowered and/or recruited by Tow and Mira which is stored in an Energy Absorber like the one used by Babidi's Forces and he is shown giving it to Towa so she can use it to power up Mira. Towa also notes that Turles, Slug, and Cooler have all been doing their part to collect damage energy through their battles with the Time Patrol. Trunks: Xeno also spots the Masked Saiyan with Supervillain Janemba when they are in Hell to stop Vegeta from leaving to aid Goku during the battle with Super Buu in Age 774 and later reveals this to Chronoa and the Future Warrior after he recovered from the injuries inflicted on him by Janemba shortly after the defeat of Kid Buu. The Future Warrior spots the Masked Saiyan and chases after him as he tries to flee to another timeline and they end up traveling to Age 778, interrupting Goku and Beerus' conversation about how he absorbed the Super Saiyan God power. The two fight and Bardock's mask is partially broken, prompting Mira to appear. After Beerus grows angry Chronoa manages to calm him down with pudding, Bardock and Mira retreat when Beerus politely offers them a pudding cup which Mira views as a buzz kill. Though Mira and the Masked Saiyan get away Trunks: Xeno recognized Bardock's face when his mask was partially broken thus allowing the Time Patrol to discover both the Masked Saiyan's identity and learn how the Time Breakers operate forcing Towa to change tactics during The Emperor's Return Saga.
After convincing Beerus to let the Time Patrol handle Mira and Towa after Towa tricks Beerus and Whis into leaving Age 779 during Frieza's revenge, Trunks, Chronoa, and the Future Warrior realize that Bardock is being manipulated and decide to investigate Age 737. Trunks and the Future Warrior witness Bardock being swallowed up by a wormhole and follow to Earth in an Unknown Timeline. They are confronted by Towa's present self who Trunks tries to attack, but the Masked Saiyan stops his punch. Soon Mira joins in the fight as well. Upon fighting with the Future Warrior and Trunks in an unspecified age in time, Bardock's mask is completely broken, leading him to get unconscious for a short time. When Towa tries to suck the Future Warrior and Trunks into a wormhole leading to an isolated dimension, they are saved by Bardock waking up from his mind control. Back to his senses, Bardock holds Mira in a full-nelson. Bardock then takes Mira with him into the isolated dimension while smirking at Towa.
In the secret ending, after pulling Mira into the Time Rift it is revealed that Bardock fought against Mira in this isolated dimension. Supreme Kai of Time, Elder Kai, Trunks, and the Future Warrior observe their battle via the Scroll of Eternity during the Unknown History Saga. Due to Bardock's massive power increase, he overwhelms Mira with his Super Saiyan form. As the fight with Mira drags on, Bardock manages to transform further into his Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 forms. Bardock manages to defeat Mira but mysteriously disappears from the Time Rift, leaving the defeated Mira beaten, yet alive. The battle with Bardock causes Mira to realize that as he was created to be powerful what he lacked was an unbreakable will. While pondering Bardock's absence after defeating Mira, Trunks states the Super Saiyan 3 comes with exhaustive power and due to Bardock's sudden explosion of power, the Future Warrior and his group assume that Bardock has either destroyed himself due the strain of his Super Saiyan 3 transformation or has been transported to another part in time where he continues to fight. Regardless, Trunks and Chronoa assures the Warrior that will probably meet up with Bardock eventually.
In the Infinite History Saga, If Bardock is a mentor in the final battle against Dabura and Demigra, Bardock will tell the Future Warrior that he didn't join the Time Patrol to protect people or save history, instead he joined so he could fight strong people throughout different eras.
Dragon Ball Fusions
Main article: Dragon Ball Fusions
"Get good and strong, Kakarot! I mean, Goku."
Bardock can be found by Tekka's Team atop a rocky pillar in Area 4F of the Timespace Rift. At first, he doesn't recognize his son Kid Goku until he asks if they had met before causing Bardock to realize he is his son Kakarot. Bardock decides to keep his identity a secret from his son and denies knowing him, causing Goku to reveal that Bardock's scent feels familiar, kinda like his Grandpa Gohan's implying that Goku instinctually remembered his father's scent from when he was young, though he was unable to recognize it due to losing his memory of his life as Kakarot. Bardock asks Goku if he would like to fight, Saiyan to Saiyan which Goku and Tekka accept leading Bardock to battle with Tekka's Team. This leads to Sub-Event: "Father's Fist".
After dealing a certain amount of damage, the fight ends. While the other members of Tekka's Team are tired from the fight, Goku and Bardock continue fighting. Eventually, Goku and Bardock stop fighting and Bardock asks him his name and his son reveals his adopted name Goku. Bardock offers to join Tekka's Team so he can train Goku causing Goku to ask Tekka if Bardock can join and Tekka agrees. Thinking to himself, Bardock tells Kakarot to get good and strong, before correcting himself and calling him Goku. As a result, Bardock is recruited as a member of Tekka's Team.
In Sub-Event: "An Unlikely Pair", Bardock's wife Gine is also transported to the Timespace Rift after Tekka opens a time hole with Burst Ki and like Bardock meets their son Kid Goku, though she too also chooses to keep her true identity and relationship to Goku a secret. Flustered by meeting her son she runs off and is later saved from a group of fighters that were planning to target a Saiyan before he could become a Super Saiyan, which Gine overheard and objected too, by Goku and Tekka's Team. Afterward, Gine almost mentions Bardock by name to Goku but she stops herself and simply refers to him as a Saiyan she knows and tells Goku that Bardock could have taken out the group by himself easily, impressing Goku who hopes to become that strong one day. After Gine is allowed to join Tekka's Team, thinking to herself she tells Bardock that she wants to help their son and notes that he would probably tell her that she's being overly sentimental. Interestingly, Bardock and Gine are not shown interacting after both join Tekka's Team, though Tekka's Team occasionally encounter them together on the same team as enemy NPCs (due to the nature of the time-space rift, multiple counterparts can co-exist and even fight one another).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes
Dark Demon Realm Saga
Dark Empire Saga
Main article: Dark Empire Saga
Bardock's Xeno counterpart is a major character in this story arc.
Sometime after Bardock's battle with Chilled, Future Trunks encounters the mainline Bardock and mistakes him for the Bardock he knows, though Bardock does not recognize him. Bardock attains the Super Saiyan 4 form.
While on an unknown planet with a fellow Saiyan comrade, he is able to easily decimate the native aliens of that planet, months later he was easily killed by first form Frieza.
In Bardock - The Father of Goku, after returning from Kanassa and having his wounds healed, Bardock is said to have a power level close to 10,000, approaching King Vegeta. He is able to defeat four of Frieza's elite soldiers at the same time after they ganged up on him before being blasted away by Dodoria's Mouth Energy Wave. Later, despite being heavily wounded, Bardock forces his way through dozens of Frieza's troops on his own in an effort to reach Frieza's ship, which he does successfully and without any effort.
After surviving Frieza's Supernova and being sent to the past, Bardock attains the Super Saiyan transformation, which amplifies his power level dramatically, which is more than enough to defeat an ancestor of Frieza, Chilled.
- What-if scenarios
Bardock is seen defeating Toobi and Cabira, two soldiers of Chilled's army, with extreme ease. After achieving the Super Saiyan transformation, increasing his power fiftyfold, Bardock is able to overpower Chilled himself, thus saving planet Plant from destruction.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
It was stated by Akira Toriyama that Bardock was one of the strongest low-class warriors, but was not strong enough to be considered a mid-class warrior. Bardock was also strong enough to protect Gine several times and other members of his group whenever they were caught in danger.
- Video games
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Towa having captured Bardock brainwashes and augments his body to turn him into the Masked Saiyan, resulting in Bardock receiving a massive power increase, though over time his power increased further still. As the Masked Saiyan, he is capable of standing up against the Future Warrior during their battle in Age 778, though he is ultimately defeated and his mask cracks, forcing Mira to intervene. Later in Age ???, the Masked Saiyan is shown capable of blocking a punch from Future Trunks, though he was eventually overpowered by Future Trunks and the Future Warrior and defeated alongside Mira, which resulted in his mask being destroyed completely freeing Bardock from Towa and Mira's control.
After being freed from his mind control, Bardock's new power allowed him to keep Mira at bay in a Full Nelson; Mira is unable to shake him off, though Mira claims that his power level is higher than Bardock's and Bardock's ability to overpower him is later attributed to a combination of Bardock's indomitable will, his rage over being manipulated, and due to Mira and Towa underestimating his Saiyan Power. While fighting in the time rift between dimensions, Bardock takes advantage of the power increase he received from Towa's modifications to fight Mira in his base form. As the battle rages on, Bardock transforms into his Super Saiyan form and soon afterward his Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 forms during his battle with Mira and ultimately is able to overpower Mira in his Super Saiyan 3 form.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Power Ball – By combining ki with the planet's atmosphere, a sphere of condensed Blutz Waves is created. Using this, a Saiyan can achieve the Great Ape transformation even when a full moon (or similar planetary body) is not present. In the Ocean Group dubs, Vegeta claims that Bardock was the inventor of this technique. In Xenoverse it is confirmed that Bardock cannot use the technique.
- Divination – The ability to see events far away in time and space. In Dragon Ball Minus, Bardock lacks the ability.
- Final Revenger – First, Bardock grabs his clenched fist as he charges at the opponent and punches them in their face before reverse side kicking them up into the air. Then, he yells as he flies after the opponent and punches them up into the air again. Next, he grabs the opponent by their head and leaps over behind to knee them up further into the air. Finally, Bardock flies up above the opponent and Double Axe Handle punches them down to the ground, inflicting a high amount of damage. One of Bardock's Blast 2 attacks in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Full Power Energy Wave – An energy sphere charged and fired in the form of an energy wave from their hand. one of Bardock's basic Energy Wave Blast 2 attacks in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Flip Shoot – Bardock flips backwards, avoiding enemy attacks, and fires a blue energy wave at the opponent. Named in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z.
- Flash Spirit – First, Bardock elbows the opponent in the face, he then kicks the opponent away and then shoots a Full Power Energy Wave at them, inflicting great damage. Named in the Raging Blast series.
- Rebellion Spear – First, Bardock charges a light-blue aura around his body as he strikes a crouching pose. Then, he shouts "I will never forgive you!" as he charges toward the opponent using the blue aura as a shield, inflicting a great amount of damage. In addition to the physical attack portion, it doubles as a movement technique as the user can change the direction of the charge to avoid attacks or change the course of the charge to attack a specific target. Named I'll Never Forgive You! in the Raging Blast series. Named in the Xenoverse series.
- Super Energy Wave Volley – A combination of many energy waves, much more powerful than the average ki blasts, and fired at a very rapid rate. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Final Spirit Cannon – As he says "I'll blow you away!", Bardock puts his hand forward and charges a blue energy sphere. Then, he shouts "THIS ENDS NOW!" as he draws his arm back, and then he brings his hand forward and fires the attack at the opponent, inflicting a great deal of damage. Named Riot Javelin in various video games.
- Last Riot Javelin – A more powerful version of the Riot Javelin. It is his Ultimate in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
- Rebellion Trigger – A Final Spirit Cannon fired in the form of an Energy wave.
- Revenge Assault - A rush attack variation of Rebellion Trigger used by Super Saiyan Bardock in FighterZ. Bardock transforms into a Super Saiyan delivers a rush attack before finishing with a Rebellion Trigger energy wave.
- Dark Rebellion Trigger – In Dragon Ball Heroes, the Masked Saiyan has a dark version of Rebellion Trigger, used as his signature attack.
- Heat Phalanx – A heated Ki punch technique which appears in the Budokai series, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, and Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Vortex Crusher – Bardock rolls in a rapid motion and lands a hard elbow on the opponent's head. Used as a Super Saiyan against Chilled, and named in Battle of Z.
- Spirit of Saiyans – A combination technique of Ki-powered punches used by Bardock in the video games Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, Infinite World, Shin Budokai - Another Road, Burst Limit and Xenoverse.
- Saiyan Soul – One of Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Wild Sense – One of Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Dragonthrow – A grapple throw Super Saiyan Bardock used against Chilled.
- Chou Makouhou – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. It is called Ultra Rebellion Cannon (超リベリオンキャノン) in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Ultra Rebellion Cannon S – An ability used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Heroes. It increases the power of his Ultra Rebellion Cannon.
- Giga Meteor Storm – A much more powerful version of the Chou Makouhou Barrage used by Bardock in his Great Ape form in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Explosive Wave – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. Also appears as his Evasive Skill in his Battle Suit 2, Battle Suit 3, and Battle Suit 4 skillsets in Xenoverse 2.
- Super Explosive Wave – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Ki Explosion - An explosive wave that can be prolonged using ki that appears as a Super Skill in Xenoverse 2. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Super Ki Explosion - An Ultimate Skill version of Ki Explosion used by Bardock in his Battle Suit 4 and Masked Saiyan skillsets in Xenoverse 2. After the 1.09.00 Update, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Howl – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and Great Ape Bardock's Evasive Skill in the Xenoverse series.
- Backstep Ki Blast - Bardock's signature attack in the Raging Blast series.
- Boulder Toss - One of Great Ape Bardock's Super Skills in the Xenoverse series.
- Crushing in Hands - Great Ape Bardock grab/throw in the Xenoverse series.
- Wild Counter – A counter technique used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden. Bardock taunts the opponent with a "Come on" gesture, then knocks them away with a vicious punch when they try to attack him.
- Time Breaker mind control – Used by Time Breaker Bardock to control Great Ape Gohan.
- False Self Destruction – Time Breaker Bardock "self-destructs" in an attempt to kill Mira, but the attack fails and Mira survives. It is later revealed that Bardock also survived the apparent "self-destruct".
- Ginyu Fighting Pose: Heart – Used in Dragon Ball SD.
- Spread Shot Retreat – A technique where the user fires an energy sphere barrage while moving backwards that appears as Bardock's Evasive Skill in one of his three variations in Xenoverse. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Kiai - Bardock can utilize several kiai based techniques in Xenoverse 2.
- Shockwave - A weak short ranged kiai capable of causing opponents to stagger. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Ki Blast Cannon - A strong kiai capable of launching an opponent away in slow motion making it ideal for follow-up attacks. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, the Super Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Spirit Explosion - A powerful two handed kiai technique originally used by his youngest son which appears as an Evasive Skill for Bardock's custom skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Double Sunday - A double energy wave Super Skill originally used by his eldest son. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Weekend - An Ultimate Skill version of Double Sunday used by Raditz and Mira in the Xenoverse series. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Saturday Crash - An energy sphere Super Skill originally used by his eldest son. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Shining Friday - A close-range Super Skill version of Saturday Crash used by his eldest son. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Vacation Delete - An Ultimate Skill version of Saturday Crash used by Raditz in the Xenoverse series. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, it can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Kamehameha - The signature energy wave technique of the Turtle School invented by Master Roshi, used by his youngest son and his descendants. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Super Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Super Kamehameha - A Ultimate Skill version of the Kamehameha developed by his youngest son and used by his descendants. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Ultimate Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Kill Driver - An explosive energy ring technique originally used by follow low-class Saiyan Turles. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Sudden Storm - A one-handed energy barrage originally used by Turles. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Meteor Burst - An energy wave Ultimate Skill originally used by Turles. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Ultimate Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Genocide Shell - An energy sphere technique originally used by Nappa as a Super Skill in the Xenoverse series where the user fires four energy spheres forward that remain stationary. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Murder Grenade - An energy sphere that erupts into a pillar of energy when it hits the ground or an opponent originally used by Nappa as a Super Skill in Xenoverse 2. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Super Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Giant Storm - An Exploding Wave Ultimate Skill originally used by Nappa where the user manipulates their ki to disrupt geomagnetic fields. With a swift upwards motion of the hand, the user can create a massive atomic explosion that has the potential to cause an almost endless crater in the desired area. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Ultimate Skill can be added to his custom skillset after it is purchased in Partner Customization.
- Rebellion Edge - A double Energy Blade technique used by Super Saiyan 3 Bardock in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Rebellion Hammer - Bardock learns this technique upon transforming into Super Saiyan 4 in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Blast Cannon – A energy wave attack very similar to Vegeta's Final Flash technique. Used in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Blast Cannon - A stronger version of Blast Cannon used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Hyper Blast Cannon - The strongest version of Blast Cannon used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Blast Cannon - A stronger version of Blast Cannon used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Bloody Sauce - A dark ki blast technique capable of inflicting status effects. used by the Masked Saiyan during his battle with the Future Warrior in Xenoverse 2.
- Phantom Fist - A variation of the Afterimage Technique used by the Masked Saiyan as one of is Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- The Power of the Dark – Masked Saiyan can open a crack in space-time and send whoever is hit into it to the furthest reaches of space-time.
- Rebellion Edge – A sword based technique Xeno Bardock attains in his Super Saiyan 3 form in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Peeler Storm - An energy disc barrage Super Skill used by Great Ape Bardock in Expert Mission 12: "Attack of the Lone Supersoldier" in Xenoverse 2.
- Gigantic Ki Blast - A powerful energy sphere Ultimate Skill used by Great Ape Bardock in Expert Mission 12: "Attack of the Lone Supersoldier" in Xenoverse 2.
- EX-Fusion - An unnatural Fusion technique created by Capsule Corporation through Bulma's development of the Metamo-Ring.
- Five-Way Fusion - A fusion technique developed by the Ginyu Force which allows five people to fuse. Bardock can use as a member of Tekka's Team in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Great Ape
Main article: Great Ape
As with all Saiyans with a tail, Bardock can transform into a Great Ape once absorbing enough Blutz Waves either from a natural source such as a full moon or artificially via a Power Ball though as shown during the Legendary Super Saiyan Saga he requires the aid of someone who has knowledge of that technique to create one for like Vegeta. Bardock can remember everything in the transformation state and control it like an Elite Saiyan warrior, but he can not use a clear language and can only growl while transformed due to being a Low-Class Saiyan warrior. Despite the pronounced snout while in this form, Bardock visibly retains his scar while transformed. His control over the form and inability to speak resemble Gohan's control over the form during the climax of the Vegeta Saga. Bardock's power level increases ten times his base power level while in Great Ape form.
He also has the form in the video games Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Super Saiyan
Main article: Super Saiyan
Bardock achieved this transformation in the Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock special during his fight against Chilled. As a Super Saiyan, Bardock resembles his son. His hair becomes blond and stands up, his eyes turn into a light green, and he acquires a golden aura. His strength, like all Super Saiyans, increases in fifty-fold. He is the second to achieve it while having a tail, but unlike Goku in Dragon Ball GT with all his conventional Super Saiyan forms, his tail does not turn gold while transformed. In this form, Bardock develops a new technique derived from his Final Spirit Cannon (also called Rebellion Trigger), which was used to win his battle against Chilled.
In Dragon Ball Heroes, his first appearance using this form was in the fifth mission of the original series (M5). He also has this form in the video games Dragon Ball Z For Kinect, Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle, Battle of Z, Xenoverse, Xenoverse 2, Dragon Ball Fusions and Dragon Ball FighterZ.
- Super Saiyan 2
Main article: Super Saiyan 2
Bardock has this form in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the second mission of the Jaaku Mission series (JM2) and in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. In this form, his hair is similar to that of a regular Super Saiyan in most of the cards (however, Xeno Bardock has the corrected hair in-game) but the electrical aura of the transformation are present. In Xenoverse 2, the right bang in his Super Saiyan 2 form is missing. Bardock appears using this form in the manga Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission (with the proper hair) where he joins forces with adult Gotenks, Super Saiyan GT Gohan, Beat, and Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Like his predecessor form, Bardock obtains a more powerful version of the Heat Phalanx, called Final Heat Phalanx. In Xenoverse 2, Bardock acquires the form briefly during his battle with Mira before transforming even further.
- Super Saiyan 3
Time Patroller Bardock attains this form in the Dark Demon Realm Saga of Dragon Ball Heroes through Xeno-Evolution, introduced in the third mission of the God Mission series (GDM3). His hair massively grows and reaches his waist, a long bang to the left also appears, similar to Goku. He also gains another new technique called Rebellion Edge, in which for the first time Bardock attacks with swords created by his Ki energy.
Time Patroller Bardock also has this form in Xenoverse 2.
- Super Saiyan 4
Main article: Super Saiyan 4
Bardock attains this form in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the seventh mission of the original series (SDBH7). As a characteristic of the form, Bardock gets a reddish fur that covers his body and his hair is nearly identical to that of Goku, having more spikes to its style. While losing his upper-body attire (armor) like all other users of this form, he retains his signature headband. Unlike any other Saiyan, Bardock keeps his tail wrapped on his waist. He also obtains a new technique, called Rebellion Hammer, which is very similar to his Rebellion Fang, only more powerful.
- Masked Saiyan
Masked Saiyan (仮面のサイヤ人 Kamen no Saiyajin), also referred to as Time Breaker Bardock, is a state taken on by Bardock in Dragon Ball Online after being saved from Frieza's Supernova and taken control of by Mira. Through unknown methods, Bardock's power increases exponentially, as he is able to fight many members of the Time Patrol at once (according to Xenoverse 2 Towa modified his body using her scientific expertise to increase his power and these modification are permanent as Bardock retains them after being freed from the Time Breakers' mind control). Bardock's appearance changes as such that his eyes become permanently red (while wearing his Time Breaker mask) and he wears a dark Battle Armor with the additional features provided by the Time Breakers. Whilst working for Mira, he also gains a unique mask which is capable of blocking out Blutz Waves, though this effect is negated if it is broken partially or removed completely.
In Dragon Ball Heroes, Masked Saiyan can transform into his Great Ape form, introduced in the first mission of the God Mission series (GDM1). However, the form became playable in the second mission (GDM2). In the game, Masked Saiyan gains two exclusive techniques: a dark version of Rebellion Trigger, known as Dark Rebellion Trigger, and Power of Darkness (in his Great Ape state).
Main article: Barlot
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Bardock can fuse with adult Goku by wear a Metamo-Ring and performing the Fusion Dance to create their EX-Fusion form, Barotto. Like all EX-Fusions, Barlot can remain fused as long as he wishes and can defuse at will by removing the single Metamo-Ring created by Bardock and Goku's Metamo-Rings fusing with them.
- Ultra Fusion
Main article: Ultra Fusion In Dragon Ball Fusions, Bardock can perform Five-Way Fusion with any four members of Tekka's Team to create an Ultra Fusion. If initiated by Bardock himself, the resulting fusion will be a male Saiyan Ultra Fusion.
- Attack Ball
Main article: Attack Ball Like most members of the Saiyan Army, Bardock uses an Attack Ball to travel through space to invade planets or to return home after completing a mission. In Bardock, Father of Goku he utilizes a standard single seat model, however in Dragon Ball Minus he utilizes a larger model capable of carry at least two occupants.
Main article: Scouter Like most members of the Saiyan Army, Bardock uses a Scouter to read and detect power levels as well as a communication device. Bardock wears a green lens scouter similar to his eldest son Raditz, though his model is older early model scouter than the one used by his son. The model he uses is called Old Model Scouter (Green) in the Xenoverse series and is the same model used by his teammate Fasha. Bardock's scouter was destroyed after he was hit by Dodoria's Mouth Energy Wave on Planet Meat. However, in Xenoverse 2 he is shown to have gained a replacement presumably in Conton City either by purchasing one or was given one by the Time Patrol when he was brought to Age 852.
- Time Breaker Mask
Main article: Time Breaker mind control Used by the Masked Saiyan while under the influence of Time Breaker mind control. This mask blocks out Blutz Waves preventing the Masked Saiyan from transforming into a Great Ape unless it is broken. The mask also concealed his true identity as Bardock at least until it was broken. As long as it is not completely broken, removed, or destroyed, the Masked Saiyan remains under the Time Breakers control.
- Energy-Suction Device
Main article: Energy-Suction Device
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Sagas
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
- Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden
- Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z For Kinect
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Dragon Ball: Tap Battle
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Dragon Ball Legends
In Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza, Bardock is mentioned by a Kanassan while Goku is visiting their planet.
- Japanese: Masako Nozawa
- Hebrew dub: Avi Vaanunu-Maor
- German dub: Tommy Morgenstern (Frieza Saga), Björn Schalla (Bardock - The Father of Goku)
- Italian dub: Marco Balzarotti (Bardock - The Father of Goku), Simone D'Andrea (Frieza Saga)
- French dub: Patrick Borg
- Catalan dub: Josep Maria Mas
- Greek dub: Zaharias Rohas
- Pre-Dragon Ball
- Bardock and Leek vs. Aliens
- Bardock vs. Frieza (First Form)
- Bardock (Great Ape), Tora (Great Ape), Fasha (Great Ape), Borgos (Great Ape), and Shugesh (Great Ape) vs. Kanassan Commander and Kanassan warriors
- Bardock, Shugesh, and Tora vs. Toolo
- Bardock vs. Team Dodoria
- Bardock vs. Frieza's soldiers
- Bardock vs. Frieza (First Form)
- Bardock and Leek vs. Aliens
- Bardock vs. Frieza (First Form)
- Bardock's name, like all other Saiyan characters, is a pun on edible plant material, in this case, the burdock herb (this pun is more apparent in the Dragon Ball manga, where the character's name is literally spelled Burdock). Bardock's family are all named after root vegetables (burdock, onion, radish, and carrot). The word "burdock" transliterated into katakana is badokku (バードック, bādokku), but the character's name is written as Badakku (バーダック, Bādakku), changing the 'do' character to 'da'. This character change actually makes the kana sound more like "Bardock" to English speakers, making it difficult to accurately romanize the word to convey the pun. The word could be romanized as "Burdock", "Barduck", "Badack" or any combination of these syllables. While Viz's English publications of the manga use the spelling "Burdock", the Funimation dub of Bardock - The Father of Goku and the original Japanese version of Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock both spell his name "Bardock". "Bardock" is also how Frieza pronounces his name while speaking aloud during the Frieza Saga of Funimation's Dragon Ball Z English dub.
- In a chapter of the Dragon Ball manga, Raditz alludes to Bardock when commenting that Goku "look[s] just like [their] father".
- Bardock was the first anime original character to later be included in two panels of the manga.
- In a flashback during the Frieza Saga, it is implied that during Bardock's confrontation with Frieza, all of the men behind him were part of his army to defeat Frieza. However, in Bardock - The Father of Goku, it is shown that those are all actually Frieza's men, and Bardock fought his way through them to get to Frieza.
- A commercial advertising Dragon Ball Z Kai on Nicktoons shows Bardock when he forms the blast about to attack Frieza. No blood is present, and Bardock's scar is missing from his face.
- The way Bardock tries to warn the Saiyans about Frieza destroying them all in the 1990 TV special is similar to how Jor-El from Superman tries to inform his people of Krypton's destruction. The 2014 Dragon Ball Minus manga further increases the similarities between Bardock and Jor-El.
- Bardock is the only user of Super Saiyan 4 to keep his tail secured around his waist even while in the said form.
- Sonny Strait gave Bardock three different voices; the first (in the original FUNimation airing) is somewhat high-pitched, almost similar to Krillin, the second (first appearing in 2000s until Raging Blast) is standard baritone in vocal pitch (as with most common male voices), and starting from Dragon Ball Z Kai, his voice exhibits a more virile and brazen disposition, sticking with his Japanese (aggressive) tone.
Main article: Bardock/Gallery
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, 2013
- ↑ Akira Toriyama's Comments on Bardock. kanzenshuu.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Interview with Akira Toriyama - Saikyō Jump #3, 2014
- ↑ Interview with Tatsuya Nagamine. reddit (December 6, 2018).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Supplemental Daizenshuu
- ↑ Dragon Ball Minus: The Departure of the Fated Child
- ↑ Daizenshuu 6, 1995
- ↑ Son Goku Densetsu, 2003
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 307, "The Ultimate Battle Begins!"
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 78, "Fighting Power: One Million??"
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 86, "The End of Vegeta"
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 87, "The Ultimate Battle"
- ↑ Power level estimated by observing doctors in the special. imageshack.
- ↑ Bardock SS4 missions 1 2
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z KAI - Muestra del Doblaje Latino. youtube.