"Frieza's taken our loyalty and paid us back in our own blood."
Bardock (バーダック Bādakku) is a low-class Saiyan warrior, the husband of Gine, and the father of Raditz and Goku. He makes his debut as the main protagonist of the 1990 TV special Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku. Bardock's childhood until his early years in adulthood is unknown, but he is shown to lead his own squad into battle, and they are very successful in accomplishing their assignments. He is an adept fighter and a devoted Saiyan Army soldier under Frieza's Force, until he realizes that Frieza plans the annihilation of the Saiyan race.
Consistent with Raditz's quote in the chapter Kakarrot of the Dragon Ball manga as well as Frieza's when he first met Goku in the chapter The Ultimate Battle Begins!, Bardock's appearance is very similar to Goku's: he has unkempt hair which partially stands on end, but Bardock has a scar on his left cheek, slightly darker skin and fully outlined, sharper eyes. Bardock's oldest son Raditz inherits only his eyes and complexion. while in Bardock - The Father of Goku, he wears a dark blue and green Battle Armor, and a green Scouter on his left eye. and has red cutted pants and black and green shoes Later, Bardock adopts Tora's blood soaked armband as a headband when he fights Dodoria's Elite on Planet Meat. He retains the headband when he attempts to kill Frieza.
In Dragon Ball Minus, Bardock wears Battle Armor with shoulder pads and boots, and occasionally lets his tail swing freely. He also has an additional thin scar running horizontally across his right bicep.
In Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's original character design, Bardock had a longer scar, his hair was more spiked (similar to Vegeta's hair), his Battle Armor was a lighter shade of green, and it had three or four flaps at the waist, and did not wear the long-legged jumpsuit he has in Akira Toriyama's final design for the 1990 TV special.
The author also comments that all he really did was take Goku and give him the brutal edge of a warrior race, and dress him in the Battle Armor provided by Freeza’s forces.
In the computer game Dragon Ball Online, Bardock wears a black and golden armor with a strap around his neck, his pants are black instead of dark blue and he wears dark armbands along with the older ones, and dark leggings along with the older ones as well, features provided by the Time Breakers. Also, while being controlled, a white mask is given to him, with a symbol of the Time Breakers on its forehead, the eyes are also covered by the same symbol in black. While at this state, he is referred to as Time Breaker Bardock or Masked Saiyan, and when he is not wearing the mask anymore he is referred to as Bardock (Xeno) in Dragon Ball Heroes.
In Dragon Ball Minus, Bardock displays a social attitude, being more expressive and greeting other Saiyans after arriving in his homeworld. It is also shown Bardock deeply cares about his son and decides to send him to another planet to save him from the destruction of Planet Vegeta, an action he says that is due to Gine's softness rubbing off on him. Bardock also cares for the members of his team, a fact evidenced by Gine, who had a gentle personality and wasn’t cut out as a warrior, being repeatedly saved from danger by Bardock.
In Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku, he displays several personality traits fairly typical of Universe 7 Saiyans. He also has a very plain view in life. While praised by others as brilliant, Bardock rejects such compliments, believing that he is simply experienced for combat. He also shows traits that are not like a typical Universe 7 Saiyan, Bardock deeply cares for the members of his team and is willing to avenge the death of his crew members after finding them killed on Planet Meat, particularly Tora during their last conversation. Along with this, he also attempts to warn the other Saiyans that Frieza is coming to destroy Planet Vegeta, and even though they don't listen, he tries a couple times to convince them, before realizing they would not listen and then proceeds to attempt to fight Frieza. He is somewhat cocky, loves fighting, and will kill in cold blood. He has a laid-back and fearless personality as evidenced by him taking responsibility in confronting Frieza alone. He is a highly capable tactician in battle, able to perceive the situation at hand and act accordingly with it, as shown from his ability to out-maneuver Frieza's men.
In Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, Bardock keeps his sociality, he says his name to Berry right after the kid asked him in the manga version. But he also shows a little bit of stubbornness, when Berry offers him a basket of food and he denies it even being hungry, but soon Bardock starts to accept Berry's persistence and becomes softer with the child. When Plantians thanked Bardock for Chilled's defeat, Bardock replies with a smile.
The author Akira Toriyama adds that he is warlike, but compared to other Saiyans, who are cold-hearted and of simple thoughts, he also happens to possess calm judgment and a measure of humanity. Due to his actions of saving his companions, which is rare for a Saiyan, he is greatly adored among a portion of the low-class warriors.
Bardock is a low-class Saiyan mercenary who leads a small platoon comprised of four other Saiyan soldiers in Bardock - The Father of Goku: Tora, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh. His wife Gine was also part of Bardock's Team at one point. Together, the team makes a living by traveling to various planets where they decimate the defenses of these civilizations and prepare them for Frieza's Planetary Market. Bardock was famous for his bravery even among the Saiyans; he is mentioned by Paragus in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan when he recognizes Goku as Bardock's son, and it can be thought that Paragus was Bardock's superior according to the Supplemental Daizenshuu. After being saved on the battlefield by him several times, Gine developed some feelings for Bardock. Due to her gentle nature, Gine was not cut out for fighting and retired. Her gentle nature has also changed Bardock's behavior, as Saiyans usually do not demonstrate care for their children but Bardock does. Bardock and Gine already had two sons by the time of the destruction of Planet Vegeta. According to Akira Toriyama, the pair of Bardock and Gine were those rare Saiyans who were joined by a bond other than for reproductive purposes, and in an interview, he says that Bardock himself might have had siblings, but perhaps even Bardock himself does not really know and, at any rate, he probably has no interest in it either.
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Main article: Dragon Ball Minus: The Departure of the Fated Child
Bardock and one of his comrades are in battle against aliens on another planet when they receive a message on their Scouters ordering all Saiyans back to Planet Vegeta. The two head back to the planet, noticing Frieza's spaceship hovering in orbit above Planet Vegeta. Bardock believes that Frieza must have a hidden agenda. Bardock reunites with Gine, and asks if their son, Kakarot, is still in his incubator. Gine says that he is, but it has been three years, so he will be released soon. Later at night, Bardock steals an Attack Ball, and he and Gine send Kakarot away to Earth, also deciding to inform Raditz about this. Frieza destroys Planet Vegeta a month after Kakarot has been sent away.
Dragon Ball Z
Main article: Frieza Saga Bardock appears at the beginning of the first episode of Dragon Ball Z Kai, he appears confronting Frieza in the stratosphere of Planet Vegeta, and attempts to attack him with his Final Spirit Cannon to change the future, however Frieza merely laughs and fires his Supernova which overtakes Bardock and then hits Planet Vegeta, resulting in the genocide of the Saiyans.
Because Bardock was primarily the creation of Toei Animation, it was only after the airing of The Father of Goku that Bardock would make an appearance in the manga. Bardock appeared in a two-panel cameo appearance, in Frieza's flashback when he sees Goku, who reminds him of Bardock, Frieza recalls that Bardock had attacked him right before he destroyed Planet Vegeta, and was killed alongside the rest of the Saiyans when Frieza destroyed the planet using a Supernova.
Bardock also made cameo appearances in the Dragon Ball Z anime series, including during Frieza's flashbacks to the 'final confrontation' scene featured at the climax of The Father of Goku when Frieza deduces Bardock's relation to Goku when recalling his destruction of Planet Vegeta.
Bardock - The Father of Goku
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku
After clearing a society on the Planet Kanassa as Great Apes, a weakened survivor emerges, catching Bardock off-guard, and instills in the Saiyan the ability of precognitive foresight. This ability, the Kanassan believes, will over time serve Bardock with vengeance for the crimes the Saiyans commit in the name of Frieza. While in recovery after the platoon's return to Planet Vegeta, Bardock is met with what he passes off as a delusion. In his vision, he witnesses the destruction of his home planet by the hand of Frieza, and also sees the salvation of the planet Earth through his son Kakarot. During this time, presiding doctors attest that Bardock's Power Level is approaching 10,000, and that at this rate he may surpass the strength of the Saiyan ruler, King Vegeta.
Bardock is still out of commission when Frieza executes his selfish plan to resolve the paranoia he is experiencing. Following Frieza's orders, the capable Soldiers Tora, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh are instructed to clear the civilization of planet Meat. During their visit to the planet, the group encounters one of Frieza's most dangerous minions, Dodoria, and his elite, who betray them by Frieza's orders and make short work of Bardock's Team.
When Bardock is informed that his Team has accepted an offer on planet Meat, a still injured Bardock hurriedly makes preparations to pursue his friends, unaware of the dangers that await at his destination. On his way to his Attack Ball, he comes across his newborn son Kakarot and checks his power level to see if his visions about him growing up to be a strong warrior is true, but disregards the notion after seeing that his son only has an average power level. Eventually once upon Meat, Bardock discovers his ravaged comrades and, to some fortune, finds that Tora is alive but in critical condition. Vowing to avenge the four, Bardock removes Tora's Armband, now soaked in blood, and dons it over his head (providing an emotional backstory for one of Bardock's most recognizable physical features). Bardock is suddenly assaulted by Dodoria's Elite, although for a low-class Saiyan, he is able to dominate over the elite-class fighters until Dodoria launches a Super Mouth Blast, overpowering Bardock, blasting him into his friend's dead bodies and leaving him for dead.
Bardock barely survives this attack, and coming to terms with the fact that his visions are actual premonitions and not a case of delirium, he desperately struggles against time to return to Planet Vegeta and change the grim fate of his people. Upon his return to the planet, he immediately begins spreading the word of danger, but his panic (as well as the state of his condition) only leads the other Saiyans to believe Bardock is overreacting after having finally met his match during a typical mission.
"This will be an opportunity to change Planet Vegeta's fate, my own fate, to change Kakarot's fate... And yours too!"
Terrified at the reaction he has received, and the helplessness of his situation, Bardock in a frenzy takes to the skies where Frieza's Spaceship is orbiting, in a last resort effort to throttle Frieza's plan to eradicate the Saiyans. As Bardock displays an abnormal ability to fend off hundreds of Frieza's soldiers, Frieza decides that the situation is growing out of hand. Frieza's decision is solidified by his perceived insolence of another Saiyan, King Vegeta, who has invaded Frieza's Spaceship with his servants' in an attempt to rescue their prince, Vegeta (who at this time is nowhere near the ship, as he is carrying out orders on another planet). After killing King Vegeta and his Royal Guard, Frieza steps out into the orbit of planet Vegeta where he encounters Bardock, who insists that the Saiyans' refuse to continue being oppressed and commanded by the tyrant and announces his intentions to avenge all killed for Frieza's cause.
Intending to wipe out the Saiyans anyway, Frieza does not see a problem with Bardock's allegation, and somewhat patiently listens to Bardock's speech, staking out the perfect opportunity to commence his genocide. This opening comes when Bardock attempts to kill Frieza using a Final Spirit Cannon, which Frieza retaliates with by laughing manically as he expands a charging Supernova which absorbs Bardock's blast.
Within moments, the Supernova is set free from Frieza's fingertip and careens through numerous bystander soldiers en route toward Planet Vegeta; Bardock is among the first of many to be consumed by the ball of energy. As he is incinerated within the Supernova, Bardock has one final vision, that of his son Goku (born Kakarot) challenging and defeating Frieza, which brings a smile to his face. His regret, however, is that he never had a chance to hold his infant son in his arms before his child was commissioned to Earth only days after being born. In the Japanese dub as well as in Dragon Ball Z Kai, however, Bardock tells his son Kakarot to avenge the Saiyans and Planet Vegeta.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
The opening of Cooler's Revenge shows the ending scene of Bardock - The Father of Goku, which appears Bardock confronting Frieza. Cooler witnesses his brother confronting the last Saiyan as well as him destroying planet Vegeta. Salza then detects a space pod flying away, but Cooler decides to ignore it, saying that Frieza is careless and it is his fault that a Saiyan will survive.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Episode of Bardock
Main article: Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
"I'm just a Saiyan, I suppose."
As he is being overwhelmed by Frieza's Supernova, Towa uses a wormhole to capture him, however he runs to the past.
Bardock survives after his battle against Frieza and wakes up in a bed on a planet that looks a lot like Planet Vegeta. He is being treated by two aliens: the village doctor Ipana and his son Berry. Bardock remarks that the medicine used to heal him is similar to the fluid in Medical Machines and Ipana says that the name of the planet is Planet Plant, the old name of Planet Vegeta, so Bardock starts to wonder if he is in the past. When two Soldiers named Toobi and Cabira arrive and declare that they are going to conquer the planet, Bardock confronts and kills them. The villagers come to thank him, but Bardock flies away to a cave. When Berry arrives at the cave with a basket of food, Bardock tells him to leave, but eventually eats the young alien's food and grows tolerant of him over time.
When the space pirate Chilled and his soldiers come to investigate Planet Plant, due to the death of Toobi and Cabira, Berry tells Bardock that he has a bad feeling about him. When Chilled and his Soldiers start terrorizing the planet, Berry begs Bardock to help the Plants. Remembering his friends' decimation on Planet Meat, Bardock accepts and saves Ipana from Chilled's men. When he sees Chilled, Bardock confuses him for Frieza and angrily attacks him with a punch to the face. Chilled kicks him and begins to crush him.
Chilled is about to deliver the finishing energy blast to Bardock when Berry rushes forward in an attempt to save him. However, Chilled throws the blast instead to him, wounding Berry. Upon seeing this, Bardock thinks of Frieza and the death of his crew, and becomes furious. He then transforms into a Super Saiyan. He and Chilled begin fighting once more, and Chilled tries to Ki Blast him to death, and as a last resort, he uses a Death Ball to try to destroy Planet Plant along with Bardock. However, Bardock fires a Rebellion Trigger at Chilled, and the force of the blast sent the tyrant flying into space. The villagers cheer on Bardock and he smiles and then walks away. It is revealed that Chilled's knowledge about Super Saiyans was passed to his descendants.
Dragon Ball Online
Main article: Dragon Ball Online
In Dragon Ball Online, Bardock is saved by Mira from Frieza's technique, but he is then controlled by Mira to be his servant. When under control by Mira, Bardock wears a white mask temporarily that brainwashes him and is capable of blocking Blutz Waves. During the third Time Machine Quest (TMQ3), Time Breaker Bardock appears in the AGE 761 to interrupt Gohan's training with Piccolo, the player has to pass through a number of battles, whilst doing it, Time Breaker Bardock succeedes in brainwashing Gohan in his Great Ape form. After the player defeated Time Breaker Bardock, all the story returns to normal and Piccolo destroys the moon in the process. Later, in the fourth Time Machine Quest (TMQ4) during the AGE 762, Time Breaker Bardock appears again and he fights against the player, during the climax of the battle, his mask breaks on the left side, showing a slight of a red headband what appears to be a scar on his cheek. Mira appears and attack Time Patrol Trunks. The player has to fight against him (while Time Breaker Bardock is nowhere to be seen), after the battle, Mira decides to destroy Earth, but eventually Bardock appears (now with the mask totally broken) and grabs him on the back, Mira asks how dare he does so, to which Bardock replies he was wide opened while prepared the attack. Bardock then says even though Mira saved his life, he will act on his own will, thus, Bardock charges a self-destruction attack and says farewell to his son Kakarot and launches it, apparently killing both of them while Time Patrol Trunks was waking up and could see the destruction of Bardock, but as the smoke wiped clean, Mira had survived the explosion.
At the end of the fifth Time Machine Quest (TMQ5), it has been shown Bardock also survived his own self-destruction attack. In the sixth Time Machine Quest (TMQ6) during the events on Planet Namek, as a Galactic Frieza Army soldier is about to shoot Time Patrol Trunks in the back, Bardock appears and kills the soldier, he then greets Time Patrol Trunks and supposes he has a lot to ask, but Bardock warns him that Towa is trying to brainwash Goku, Time Patrol Trunks replies this is impossible since Goku has a pure heart, Bardock counters saying that if Ginyu's soul is embedded in Goku's body, then it is possible. Time Patrol Trunks asks why Bardock is helping them, Bardock tends to respond that is because Goku is his son, but he reformulates his line just saying he owes him a favor, and then he makes an alliance with him. Although now a hero, Bardock retains his Time Breaker Bardock state when he aids Time Patrol Trunks in saving Goku, since his eyes are still red, and he also keeps his Time Breaker Battle Armor.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
"Kakarot has the critical responsibility of beating Frieza, he is fighting for the Saiyans, for everyone who died on planet Vegeta! I will not... Let you interfere with Kakarot!"
In Xenoverse, Bardock appears in a secret post-main story scenario. In it, Bardock is facing Frieza's Soldiers under Démigra's Dark Magic power, the player (Future Warrior) helps Bardock passing through all of them in order to get to Frieza. When done so, Bardock must face Frieza himself also under the dark magic until he launches his Supernova attack and hits Bardock, but instead of dying, Bardock suddenly vanishes, being saved by a wormhole as explained by Supreme Kai of Time just after this incident.
Later, Bardock appears in Broly's scenario, Broly is trying to attack Goku during his fight against Frieza, the player must help Bardock in stopping Broly in Age 762, on Dying Namek. During the battle, Future Trunks reveals this is all due to Demigra. Then, all three characters are transported to Earth due to the Dragon Balls (a wish made by Goku to transport everyone to Earth). There, they continue to fight until Vegeta eventually appears, Bardock asks him to create a Power Ball, by doing so, he could transform into a Great Ape, Vegeta does it and Bardock reappears in that form, but not before destroying it, preventing Broly from turning into a Great Ape as well. Later, Great Ape Bardock, Future Warrior, and Vegeta managed to defeat Broly. Bardock then falls unconscious.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
"How dare you make a fool of me... This time, it's not about the Saiyans... or even my son Kakarot! I'm here for payback! Never underestimate a Saiyan's power!"
In Xenoverse 2, Bardock plays a tertiary antagonist role as the Masked Saiyan under Mira and Towa's control. In the opening of Xenoverse 2, a Time Scroll containing a history of the Genocide of the Saiyans is shown, Bardock has a vision of Golden Frieza confronting Super Saiyan Blue Goku in Age 779 before attacking Frieza with his Final Spirit Cannon only to have it absorbed by Frieza's Supernova which destroys Planet Vegeta and seemingly kills Bardock. However Towa and Mira apparently intervene by creating the wormhole that sends Bardock to a distant past, and he is later shown near the end of the opening as the Masked Saiyan. It is later revealed by Towa that after being swallowed by the wormhole she created Bardock had managed escape into the distant past, forcing Mira and Towa to follow after him and captured him after the events of Episode of Bardock had transpired thus Towa and Mira were partially responsible for Bardock's encounter with Chilled that lead him to become a Super Saiyan. Interestingly, the Time Patrol considers the fight with Chilled part of official timeline, as Jierra is sent to ensure Chilled survives long enough to pass on the knowledge of Super Saiyans.
When Towa and Mira encounter Turles and Slug and give them their enhanced Fruits of the Tree of Might, the Masked Saiyan appears next to them. The Masked Saiyan is also seen watching as the Future Warrior helps Trunks against Mira in Age 762. Trunks also spots the Masked Saiyan with Supervillain Janemba when they are in Hell to stop Vegeta from leaving to aid Goku during the battle with Super Buu in Age 774 and later reveals this to Chronoa and the Future Warrior after he recovered from the injuries inflicted on him by Janemba shortly after the defeat of Kid Buu. The Future Warrior spots the Masked Saiyan and chases after him as he tries to flee to another timeline and they end up traveling to Age 778, interrupting Goku and Beerus' conversation about how he absorbed the Super Saiyan God power. The two fight and Bardock's mask is partially broken, prompting Mira to appear. After Beerus grows angry Chronoa manages to calm him down with pudding, Bardock and Mira retreat when Beerus politely offers them a pudding cup which Mira views as a buzz kill.
After convincing Beerus to let the Time Patrol handle Mira and Towa after Towa tricks Beerus and Whis into leaving Age 779 during Frieza's revenge, Trunks, Chronoa, and the Future Warrior realize that Bardock is being manipulated and decide to investigate Age 737. Trunks and the Future Warrior witness Bardock being swallowed up by a wormhole and follow to Earth in an Unknown Timeline. They are confronted by Towa's present self who Trunks tries to attack, but the Masked Saiyan stops his punch. Soon Mira joins in the fight as well. Upon fighting with the Future Warrior and Trunks in an unspecified age in time, Bardock's mask is completely broken, leading him to get unconscious for a short time. When Towa tries to suck the Future Warrior and Trunks into a wormhole leading to an isolated dimension, they are saved by Bardock waking up from his mind control. Back to his senses, Bardock holds Mira in a full-nelson. Bardock then takes Mira with him into the isolated dimension while smirking at Towa.
In the secret ending, after pulling Mira into the Time Rift it is revealed that Bardock fought against Mira in this isolated dimension. Supreme Kai of Time, Elder Kai, Trunks, and the Future Warrior observe their battle via the Scroll of Eternity during the Unknown History Saga. Due to Bardock's massive power increase, he overwhelms Mira with his Super Saiyan form. As the fight with Mira drags on, Bardock manages to transform further into his Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 forms. Bardock manages to defeat Mira, but mysteriously disappears from the Time Rift, leaving the defeated Mira beaten, yet alive. The battle with Bardock causes Mira to realize that as he was created to be powerful what he lacked was an unbreakable will. While pondering Bardock's absence after defeating Mira, Trunks states the Super Saiyan 3 comes with exhaustive power and due to Bardock's sudden explosion of power, the Future Warrior and his group assume that Bardock has either destroyed himself due the strain of his Super Saiyan 3 transformation or has been transported to another part in time where he continues to fight. Regardless, Trunks and Chronoa assures the Warrior that will probably meet up with Bardock eventually. Presumably Bardock (Xeno)'s role in stopping Mira is why Chronoa allowed Bardock's battle with Chilled to remain as part of the timeline. Bardock is later found in Conton City, apparently winding up there as a result of his battle with Mira. He is then available to be a mentor to the Future Warrior.
Dragon Ball Fusions
"(Get good and strong, Kakarot! I mean, Goku.)"
Bardock can be found by Tekka's Team atop a rocky pillar in Area 4F of the Timespace Rift. At first he doesn't recognize his son Kid Goku until he asks if they had met before causing Bardock to realize he is his son Kakarot. Bardock decides to keep his identity a secret from his son and denies knowing him, causing Goku to reveal that Bardock's scent feels familiar, kinda like his Grandpa Gohan's implying that Goku instinctually remembered his father's scent from when he was young, though he was unable to recognize it due to losing his memory of his life as Kakarot. Bardock asks Goku if he would like to fight, Saiyan to Saiyan which Goku and Tekka accept leading Bardock to battle with Tekka's Team. This leads to Sub-Event: "Father's Fist".
After dealing a certain amount of damage, the fight ends. While the other members of Tekka's Team are tired from the fight, Goku and Bardock continue fighting. Eventually Goku and Bardock stop fighting and Bardock asks him his name and his son reveals his adopted name Goku. Bardock offers to join Tekka's Team so he can train Goku causing Goku to ask Tekka if Bardock can join and Tekka agrees. Thinking to himself, Bardock tells Kakarot to get good and strong, before correcting himself and calling him Goku. As a result, Bardock is recruited as a member of Tekka's Team. Later in the game, Bardock can use a Metamo-Ring to perform EX-Fusion with his son's adult counterpart to create Baroto.
In Sub-Event: "An Unlikely Pair", Bardock's wife Gine is also transported to the Timespace Rift after Tekka opens a time hole with Burst Ki and like Bardock meets their son Kid Goku, though she to also choses to keep her true identity and relationship to Goku a secret. Flustered by meeting her son she runs off and is later saved from a group of fighters that were planning to target a Saiyan before he could become a Super Saiyan, which Gine overheard and objected too, by Goku and Tekka's Team. Afterwards Gine almost mentions Bardock by name to Goku but she stops herself and simply refers too him as a Saiyan she knows and tells Goku that Bardock could have taken out the group by himself easily, impressing Goku who hopes to become that strong one day. After Gine is allowed to join Tekka's Team, thinking to herself she tells Bardock that she wants to help their son and notes that he would probably tell her that she's being overly sentimental. Interestingly, Bardock and Gine are not shown interacting after both join Tekka's Team, though Tekka's Team occasionally encounter them together on the same team as enemy NPCs (due to the nature of the timespace rift, multiple counterparts can co-exist and even fight one another).
Dark Demon Realm Saga
Main article: Dark Demon Realm Saga
Bardock appears as the Masked Saiyan under Towa and Mira's control. When the Supreme Kai of Time and Future Trunks appear in their hideout, Towa has the Masked Saiyan attack Future Trunks, while he overwhelms him in his base form, upon turning into a Super Saiyan Future Trunks proves to be a match for the Masked Saiyan and eventually manages to damage his mask.
When Super Mira proceeds to attack Future Trunks, the Masked Saiyan fully breaks his mask and reveals himself as Bardock, teaming up with Future Trunks, the two manage to fight off Mira, causing him and Towa to retreat. After Future Trunks and the Time Kai, Bardock looks at the moon.
Bardock appeared during the battle between the Time Patrol and Dark Makai army as the Masked Saiyan under Mira's command. After being defeated by the heroes in both his base and Great Ape forms, Masked Saiyan's mask was broken and he was freed. Angry at this turn of events Mira took on his runaway state and attacked the heroes, in response Bardock (Xeno) reveals that he had attained his own Super Saiyan 3 form, and assisted the heroes in their battle against Mira, eventually defeating him and ending the first stage of the battle.
Bardock is said to be a low-class warrior. While on an unknown planet with a fellow Saiyan comrade, he is able to easily decimate the native aliens of that planet. At the time Planet Vegeta still existed, Bardock was in the upper ranks as far as low-class warriors can go. Later, Bardock is seen defeating Toobi and Cabira, two soldiers of Chilled's army, with extreme ease. After achieving the Super Saiyan transformation, increasing his power fiftyfold, Bardock is able to overpower Chilled himself, thus saving planet Plant from destruction.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission, as the Masked Saiyan, Bardock is powerful enough to match Super Saiyan Future Trunks in battle.
In Bardock - The Father of Goku, after returning from Kanassa and having his wounds healed, Bardock is said to have a power level close to 10,000, approaching King Vegeta. He is able to defeat four of Frieza's elite soldiers at the same time after they ganged up on him before being blasted away by Dodoria's Mouth Energy Wave. Later, despite being heavily wounded, Bardock forces his way through dozens of Frieza's troops on his own in an effort to reach Frieza's ship, which he does successfully and without any effort.
After surviving Frieza's Supernova and being sent to the past, Bardock attains the Super Saiyan transformation, which amplifies his power level dramatically, which is more than enough to defeat an ancestor of Frieza, Chilled.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
It was stated by Akira Toriyama that Bardock was one of the strongest low-class warriors, but was not strong enough to be considered a mid-class warrior. Bardock was also strong enough to protect Gine several times and other members of his group whenever they were caught in danger.
- Video games
When Beat scans Masked Saiyan's power level in a special God Mission trailer for Dragon Ball Heroes, his power level is shown to be at least 2,822,147,055. He was able to take on Super Saiyan 4 Goku. A combined punch from Beat, Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta, Xeno Trunks and Piccolo did no damage and Masked Saiyan was able to block a punch from Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta as well. In the trailer, Masked Saiyan survives a God Sphere produced by Beat with the added powers of Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, Piccolo and Xeno Trunks.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Towa having captured Bardock, brainwashes and augments his body to turn him into the Masked Saiyan, resulting in Bardock receiving a massive power increase, though over time his power increased further still. As the Masked Saiyan, he is capable of standing up against the Future Warrior during their battle in Age 778, though he is ultimately defeated and his mask cracks, forcing Mira to intervene. Later in Age ???, the Masked Saiyan is shown capable of blocking a punch from Future Trunks, though he was eventually overpowered by Future Trunks and the Future Warrior and defeated alongside Mira, which resulted in his mask being destroyed completely freeing Bardock from Towa and Mira's control.
After being free from his mind control, Bardock's new power allowed him to keep Mira at bay in a Full Nelson; Mira is unable to shake him off, though Mira claims that his power level is higher than Bardock's and Bardock's ability to overpower him is later attributed to a combination of Bardock's indomitable will, his rage over being manipulated, and due to Mira and Towa underestimating his Saiyan Power. While fighting in the time rift between dimensions, Bardock takes advantage of the power increase he received from Towa's modifications to fight Mira in his base form. As the battle rages on, Bardock transforms into his Super Saiyan form and soon afterward his Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 forms during his battle with Mira and ultimately is able to overpower Mira in his Super Saiyan 3 form.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Scouter - Like most members of the Saiyan Army, Bardock uses a Scouter to read and detect power levels as well as a communication device. Bardock wears a green lens scouter similar to his eldest son Raditz, though his model is older early model scouter than the one used by his son. The model he uses is called Old Model Scouter (Green) in the Xenoverse series and is the same model used by his teammate Fasha. Bardock's scouter was destroyed after he was hit by Dodoria's Mouth Energy Wave on Planet Meat. However, in Xenoverse 2 he is shown to have gained a replacement presumably in Conton City.
- Power Ball – A ball of Blutz ray, which simulates the effects of a full moon to allow a Saiyan with a tail to become a Great Ape. Vegeta claims that Bardock was the inventor of this technique, however this line was Ocean Group dub only. In Xenoverse it is confirmed that he cannot use the technique though through his ability to see the future he knows Prince Vegeta can and asks him to create one so he can transform to fight Dark Broly and destroys the Power Ball after transforming to prevent Dark Broly from transforming as well, indicating he understands how the technique works despite bring unable to perform it himself.
- Divination – A psychic ability granted to Bardock by a Kanassan as a form of retribution for the misdeeds of he and the Saiyan race in general. This ability gives Bardock the gift of foresight, but he has limited control over what visions he receives and when they occur. In Dragon Ball Minus, Bardock though he lacks the ability to see the future as he does in the anime special, he does have a premonition of his death at the hands of Frieza, which causes him to send his youngest son, Kakarrot to Earth to keep him safe, should his premonition come true. In Xenoverse, this ability allows him to know about future events and drives him to prevent Broly from reaching his son when both end up on Dying Namek in Age 762.
- Final Revenger – A rush attack used to defeat Dodoria's elites on Planet Meat. It is one of Bardock's Blast 2 attacks in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. Bardock knocks the opponent up into the air with powerful attacks and finally knocks them down to the ground.
- Full Power Energy Wave – Basically a fully-powered Energy Wave shot from the palm. Bardock uses it to finish off Toolo, and later to kill the last two remaining members of Dodoria's Elite. This is one of Bardock's basic Energy Wave Blast 2 attacks in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Backstep Ki Blast - Bardock's signature attack in the Raging Blast series.
- Flash Spirit – It is an elbow, followed by a kick, and then an energy wave. This attack is used when Bardock fights the horde of soldiers on his way to attack Frieza. Named in the Raging Blast games.
- I'll Never Forgive You! – Bardock rams into the opponents and hits them. He uses this technique against Frieza's soldiers when they try to stop him from attacking Frieza. Named in the Raging Blast games. In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, it appears under the name Rebellion Spear.
- Super Energy Wave Volley – Used in the first Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi game.
- Final Spirit Cannon (Riot Javelin) – A whitish-blue energy sphere attack. Bardock uses this in an attempt to kill Frieza, and later to defeat Chilled. Named Full Power Energy Ball as Bardock's ultimate in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Rebellion Trigger – An Energy Wave attack used by Bardock in his Super Saiyan form. He uses this to struggle against Chilled's final attack in Episode of Bardock.
- Dark Rebellion Trigger – In Dragon Ball Heroes, Time Breaker Bardock has a dark version of Rebellion Trigger, used as his signature attack.
- Heat Phalanx – A heated Ki punch technique which appears in the Budokai video game series, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, and Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Vortex Crusher – Bardock rolls in a rapid motion and lands a hard elbow on the opponent's head. Used as a Super Saiyan against Chilled, and named in Battle of Z.
- Spirit of Saiyans – A combination technique of Ki-powered punches used by Bardock in the video games Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, Infinite World, Shin Budokai - Another Road, Burst Limit and Xenoverse.
- Saiyan Soul – One of Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Wild Sense – One of Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Dragonthrow – A grapple throw Super Saiyan Bardock used against Chilled.
- Chou Makouhou – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. It is called Ultra Rebellion Cannon (超リベリオンキャノン) in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Ultra Rebellion Cannon S – An ability used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Heroes. It increases the power of his Ultra Rebellion Cannon.
- Super Explosive Wave – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Giga Meteor Storm – A much more powerful version of the Chou Makouhou Barrage used by Bardock in his Great Ape form in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Explosive Wave – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Howl – One of Great Ape Bardock's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and Great Ape Bardock's Evasive Skill in the Xenoverse series.
- Boulder Toss - One of Great Ape Bardock's Super Skills in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- Crushing in Hands - Great Ape Bardock grab/throw in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- Wild Counter – A counter technique used by Bardock in the video game Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden. Bardock taunts the opponent with a "Come on" gesture, then knocks them away with a vicious punch when they try to attack him.
- Time Breaker mind control – Used by Time Breaker Bardock to control Great Ape Gohan.
- "Self-Destruct" – Time Breaker Bardock "self-destructs" in an attempt to kill Miira, but the attack fails and Miira survives. It is later revealed that Bardock also survived the apparent "self-destruct".
- The Power of the Dark – Masked Saiyan can open a crack in space-time and send whoever is hit into it to the furthest reaches of space-time.
- Ginyu Fighting Pose: Heart – Used in Dragon Ball SD.
- Spread Shot Retreat – Bardock's evasive skill in one of his three variations in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. The user steps back while throwing energy spheres at the opponent.
- Rebellion Edge – A sword based technique Xeno Bardock attains in his Super Saiyan 3 form in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Full Charge Rebellion Edge - A stronger variation of the Rebellion Edge used by Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Bardock.
- Rebellion Fang – It is a rush attack that Xeno Bardock displays in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Rebellion Hammer - Bardock learns this technique upon transforming into Super Saiyan 4 in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Blast Cannon – A energy wave attack very similar to Vegeta's Final Flash technique. Used in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Blast Cannon - A stronger version of Blast Cannon used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Hyper Blast Cannon - The strongest version of Blast Cannon used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Blast Cannon - A stronger version of Blast Cannon used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Energy-Suction Device - Used by the Masked Saiyan to collect enough Kili for Towa to use to power up Mira in Xenoverse 2.
- Bloody Sauce - A dark ki blast technique capable of inflicting status effects. used by the Masked Saiyan during his battle with the Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2) in Xenoverse 2.
- Phantom Fist - A variation of the Afterimage Technique used by the Masked Saiyan as one of is Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Peeler Storm - An energy disc barrage Super Skill used by Great Ape Bardock in Expert Mission 12: "Attack of the Lone Supersoldier" in Xenoverse 2.
- Gigantic Ki Blast - A powerful energy sphere Ultimate Skill used by Great Ape Bardock in Expert Mission 12: "Attack of the Lone Supersoldier" in Xenoverse 2.
- Fusion - Bardock can use different types of fusion in Dragon Ball Fusions
- EX-Fusion - By using a Metamo-Ring and performing the Fusion Dance, Bardock can fuse with his son Kakarrot, to create Baroto. Used by Bardock in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Five-Way Fusion - A fusion technique developed by the Ginyu Force which allows five people to fuse. Bardock can use as a member of Tekka's Team in Dragon Ball Fusions.
Great Ape Main article: Great Ape
As with all Saiyans with a tail, Bardock can transform into a Great Ape once absorbing enough Blutz Waves. Bardock can remember everything in the transformation state and control it like an Elite Saiyan warrior, but he can not use a clear language and can only growl while transformed due to being a Low-Class Saiyan warrior. Despite the pronounced snout while in this form, Bardock visibly retains his scar while transformed.
He also has the form in the video games Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
Super Saiyan Main article: Super Saiyan
Bardock achieved this transformation in the Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock special during his fight against Chilled. As a Super Saiyan, Bardock resembles his son. His hair becomes blond and stands up, his eyes turn into a light green, and he acquires a golden aura. His strength, like all Super Saiyans, increases in fifty-fold. He is the second to achieve it while having a tail, but unlike Goku in Dragon Ball GT with all his conventional Super Saiyan forms, his tail does not turn gold while transformed. In this form, Bardock develops a new technique derived from his Final Spirit Cannon (also called Rebellion Trigger), which was used to win his battle against Chilled.
In Dragon Ball Heroes, his first appearance using this form was in the fifth mission of the original series (M5). He also has this form in the video games Dragon Ball Z For Kinect, Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and Dragon Ball Fusions.
Super Saiyan 2 Main article: Super Saiyan 2
Bardock has this form in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the second mission of the Jaaku Mission series (JM2) and in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. In this form, his hair is similar to that of a regular Super Saiyan in most of the cards (however, Xeno Bardock has the corrected hair in-game) but the lightnings of the transformation are present. In Xenoverse 2, the right bang in his Super Saiyan 2 form is missing. Bardock appears using this form in the manga Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission (with the proper hair) where he joins forces with adult Gotenks, Super Saiyan GT Gohan, Beat, and Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Like his predecessor form, Bardock obtains a more powerful version of the Heat Phalanx, called Final Heat Phalanx.
Super Saiyan 3 Main article: Super Saiyan 3
Xeno Bardock attains this form in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the third mission of the God Mission 3 series (GDM3) and in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. Like the usual, Xeno Bardock's hair massively grows and reaches his waist, a long bang to the left also appears, similar to Goku. He also gains another new technique called Rebellion Edge, in which for the first time Bardock uses swords created by his Ki energy.
Super Saiyan 4 Main article: Super Saiyan 4
Bardock attains this form in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the seventh mission of the original series (SDBH7). As a characteristic of the form, Bardock gets a redish fur that covers his body and his hair is nearly identical to that of Goku, having more spikes to its style. While losing his upper-body attire (armor) like all other users of this form, he retains his signature headband. Unlike any other Saiyan, Bardock keeps his tail wrapped on his waist. He also obtains a new technique, called Rebellion Hammer, which is very similar to his Rebellion Fang, only more powerful.
Masked Saiyan (仮面のサイヤ人, Kamen no Saiyajin), also referred to as Time Breaker Bardock, is a state taken on by Bardock in Dragon Ball Online after being saved from Frieza's Supernova and taken control of by Mira. Through unknown methods, Bardock's power increases exponentially, as he is able to fight many members of the Time Patrol at once. Bardock's appearance changes as such that his eyes become permanently red and he wears a dark Battle Armor with the additional features provided by the Time Breakers. Whilst working for Mira, he also gains a unique mask.
In Dragon Ball Heroes, Masked Saiyan can transform into his Great Ape form, introduced in the first mission of the God Mission series (GDM1). However, the form became playable in the second mission (GDM2). In the game, Masked Saiyan gains two exclusive techniques: a dark version of Rebellion Trigger, known as Dark Rebellion Trigger, and Power of Darkness (in his Great Ape state).
Baroto Main article: Baroto
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Bardock can fuse with adult Goku by wear a Metamo-Ring and performing the Fusion Dance to create their EX-Fusion form, Baroto. Like all EX-Fusions, Baroto can remain fused as long as he wishes and can defuse at will by removing the single Metamo-Ring created by Bardock and Goku's Metamo-Rings fusing with them.
Tekka (fused w/ Bardock) Main article: Tekka In Dragon Ball Fusions, the main protagonist Tekka can perform EX-Fusion with Bardock if they are selected as Fusion Target 1 and Bardock is selected as Fusion Target 2. Tekka will retain their selected name, profile description, race, gender, and voice while gaining access to Bardock's learnable Special Moves, passive Skills, as well as Bardock's hairstyle and bandana.
Ultra Fusion Main article: Ultra Fusion In Dragon Ball Fusions, Bardock can perform Five-Way Fusion with any four members of Tekka's Team to create an Ultra Fusion. If initiated by Bardock himself, the resulting fusion will be a male Saiyan Ultra Fusion.
Video game appearances
Bardock makes his debut in a video-game in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, fourteen years after his TV Special aired in 1990. Ever since, he has been featured as a playable character in several Dragon Ball video-games: Dragon Ball Z: Sagas, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World, the Budokai Tenkaichi series, the Raging Blast games, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, Dragon Ball Z For Kinect, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. He is mentioned in Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza by a Kanassan while Goku is visiting their planet. Although not playable, Bardock appears in the MMORPG Dragon Ball Online, playing a major role in it.
Bardock is also a playable character in portable consoles, appearing in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 (support-type character), Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team, Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden, Dragon Ball: Tap Battle (secret character), Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, and Dragon Ball Fusions. He appears as playable in some Japanese-only arcades/carddass such as Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers, Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle, and Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Japanese: Masako Nozawa
- FUNimation dub: Sonny Strait
- AB Groupe dub: David Gasman (The Father of Goku), Doug Rand (Movie 5)
- Hebrew dub: Avi Vaanunu-Maor
- Spanish dub: Antonio Villar (Episode 92 of DBZ)
- Latin American dub: Mario Castañeda, Octavio Rojas (Dragon Ball Kai)
- German dub: Tommy Morgenstern (Frieza Saga), Björn Schalla (Bardock - The Father of Goku)
- Portuguese dub: Henrique Feist
- Italian dub: Marco Balzarotti (Bardock - The Father of Goku), Simone D'Andrea (Frieza Saga)
- French dub: Patrick Borg
- Brazilian dub: Wellington Lima
- Catalan dub: Josep Maria Mas
- Greek dub: Zaharias Rohas
- Dragon Ball Minus
- Bardock and Saiyan comrade vs. Aliens
- Bardock - The Father of Goku
- Bardock (Great Ape) and his team (Great Apes) vs. Kanassan Commander and Kanassan warriors
- Bardock, Shugesh, and Tora vs. Toolo
- Bardock vs. Team Dodoria
- Bardock vs. Frieza's soldiers
- Bardock vs. Frieza (First Form)
- Episode of Bardock
- Dragon Ball Online
- Bardock's name, like all other Saiyan characters, is a pun on edible plant material, in this case the burdock herb (this pun is more apparent in the Dragon Ball manga, where the character's name is literally spelled Burdock). Bardock's family are all named after root vegetables (burdock, onion, radish, and carrot). The word "burdock" transliterated into katakana is badokku (バードック, bādokku), but the character's name is written as Badakku (バーダック, Bādakku), changing the 'do' character to 'da'. This character change actually makes the kana sound more like "Bardock" to English speakers, making it difficult to accurately romanize the word to convey the pun. The word could be romanized as "Burdock", "Barduck", "Badack" or any combination of these syllables. While Viz's English publications of the manga use the spelling "Burdock", the FUNimation dub of Bardock - The Father of Goku and the original Japanese version of Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock both spell his name "Bardock". "Bardock" is also how Frieza pronounces his name while speaking aloud during the Frieza Saga of FUNimation Entertainment's Dragon Ball Z English dub.
- In a chapter of the Dragon Ball manga, Raditz alludes to Bardock when commenting that Goku "look[s] just like [their] father".
- Bardock was the first anime original character to later be included in a panel of the manga.
- In a flashback during the Frieza Saga, it is shown that during Bardock's confrontation with Frieza, all of the men behind him were part of his army to defeat Frieza. However, in Bardock - The Father of Goku, it is shown that those are all actually Frieza's men, and Bardock fought his way through them to get to Frieza.
- In the same flashback, Bardock is quoted as saying "I would rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave", word-for-word lyrics from Jimmy Cliff's 1972 hit "The Harder They Come".
- A commercial advertising Dragon Ball Z Kai on Nicktoons shows Bardock when he forms the blast about to attack Frieza. No blood is present, and Bardock's scar is missing from his face.
- The way Bardock tries to warn the Saiyans about Frieza destroying them all in the 1990 TV special is similar to how Jor-El from Superman tries to inform his people of Krypton's destruction. The 2014 Dragon Ball Minus manga further increases the similarities between Bardock and Jor-El.
- Bardock is the only user of Super Saiyan 4 to keep his tail secured around his waist even while in the said form.
- Sonny Strait gave Bardock three different voices; the first (in the original FUNimation airing) is somewhat high-pitched, almost similar to Krillin, the second (first appearing in 2000s until Raging Blast) is standard baritone in vocal pitch (as with most common male voices), and starting from Dragon Ball Kai, his voice exhibits a more virile and brazen disposition, sticking with his Japanese (aggressive) tone.
Main article: Bardock/Gallery
- ↑ Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, 2011
- ↑ Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
- ↑ Dragon Ball Online, 2010
- ↑ Toriyama's Comments on Bardock
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Interview with Akira Toriyama - Saikyō Jump #3, 2014
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Supplemental Daizenshuu
- ↑ Dragon Ball Minus: The Departure of the Fated Child
- ↑ Daizenshuu 6, 1995
- ↑ Son Goku Densetsu, 2003
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 307, "The Ultimate Battle Begins!"
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 78, "Fighting Power: One Million??"
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 86, "The End of Vegeta"
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 87, "The Ultimate Battle"
- ↑ Power level estimated by observing doctors in the special
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z KAI - Muestra del Doblaje Latino
|Leaders||Dabura • Demigra • Mechikabura • Mira • Towa|
|Members||Churai • Julia • General Sus • Chocolay • Android 8000 • Android 19000 • Psidevilman • Greatdevilman • Haru Haru • Shun Shun • Guard troops • General Bon • Naraka • Gamelan • Bongo • Mr. Poko Poko • Captain Bacterian • Cell • Octopapa • Masked Saiyan • Black-Masked Saiyan • Turles • Slug • Masked Future Warrior • Dark-Masked King • Salsa • Putine • Gravy • Shroom • Xeno Paragus • Xeno Dende|
|Fused Members||Damira • Towale • Towane|
|Other affiliates||Fu • Frieza • Super 17 • Baby Hatchiyack • Meta-Cooler • Broly • Janemba • Karoly|
|Sub-factions||Demons (Demon Realm race • Majin • Devils) • Frieza's Army remnants • (Wada • Bomb King Nobel • Compression-01) • Red Pants Army • Dark Namekians • Captain Bacterian's Pirates • Bio-Androids|
|Related||Dark Dragon Ball (Dark Eternal Dragon) • Dark Magic (Villainous Mode) • Demon Realm • Fruit of the Tree of Might (Demon Realm) • Supervillain • Time Breaker mind control|