Belmod (ベルモット; Berumoddo) is the God of Destruction of Universe 11. He is accompanied by his attendant and martial arts teacher Marcarita. He appears in Dragon Ball Super during the Universe Survival Saga.
Belmod is a tall and pale humanoid of scrawny build with a resemblance of a clown - in that he has white skin, a mostly bald head whch two large puffs of orange hair exuding on each side, a large red round nose, and big red lips. He has a thick vertical blue line running over his eyes each which have thick black outlinings.
Belmod wears a pink and blue variety of the traditional God of Destruction attire, yet unlike them, each pant leg is a different color.
Belmod seemed to find Goku an unforgivable person, due to the possible consequences of his interactions and ideas to Zen-Oh and Future Zen-Oh. He frowned at it and asked Toppo if he also happened to feel the same way. Belmod does not forgive evil, nor does he abide by it, as he is described as a peaceful god. He is very pleased with the valiant efforts of his Pride Troopers, with their work of justice sending his heart a flutter.
He can be surprised as shown when he witnessed Goku transforming into Super Saiyan Blue, which is a state that reaches God levels, and when he watched him duel evenly with Toppo.
In contrast to the relationships shown between most other Gods of Destruction and their respective Supreme Kais, Belmod seems to have a civil and cordial relationship with Khai. Rather than being rude or acting superior to his counterpart, Belmod is willing to listen to him and confer about decisions.
Also, unlike most other Destroyers, such as Beerus and Champa, Belmod is more inclined to listen to his Angel attendant, Marcarita, since her advice is likely part of the reason as to why Belmod's Universe 11's Mortal Level is the highest among the ones participating in the Tournament of Power. Due to this, both Belmod and Khai are much more confident in their team, the Pride Troopers, and less worried about erasure than the gods of the other universes.
However, once he lost more than half of his Pride Troopers at once, he began to feel worried about his team, like the rest of the Gods of Destruction and Supreme Kais.
Dragon Ball Super
Universe Survival Saga
Main article: Universe Survival SagaBelmod, alongside Khai, Marcarita and Toppo attends the Zen Exhibition Match. He, like the most deities, disliked Goku. He was shocked when Goku turned into a Super Saiyan Blue. He took advantage of Toppo's overly-enthusiastic nature of confronting Goku and Khai convinced the two Zen-Ohs to let Toppo fight Goku, hoping Toppo would eliminate Goku before the Tournament. During the God of Destruction meeting, Belmod confidently said that Universe 7 doesn't stand a chance against his Pride Troopers. During the Tournament of Power, he is one of the few deities that is not worried. However, after six Pride Troopers are eliminated, he started showing concern. During Hit and Dyspo's fight, Belmod was confident that Dyspo will beat Hit. After Kunshi is eliminated, Belmod is once again concerned, however Khai tells him that with Toppo and Jiren, they have nothing to worry about.
Like all Gods of Destruction, Belmod is supremely powerful, and rivals Marcarita, his Angel attendant, as one of the mightiest entities in Universe 11 and is among the strongest characters in all universes.
Like the other gods of destruction, Belmod is most vulnerable through his life-link with Khai and will be killed if he dies.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Destruction - As the God of Destruction, Belmod possesses the ability to destroy anything, which includes Gods and ghosts.
- Life Link - Belmod and Kai's lives are linked to one another, meaning that if one of them dies, the other will die as well (in a manner very similar to Piccolo and Kami) in order to prevent an imbalance between the natural forces of creation and destruction that Belmod and Khai represent.
- God of Destruction's Clever Scheme (破壊神の奇策 Hakaishin no Kisaku) - Belmod's special attack from Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Japanese: Masami Kikuchi
- English: TBA
- Belmod's name seems to come from the alcoholic drink "Vermouth", continuing the alcohol name puns that the Gods of Destruction and their attendants possess.
- Belmod is one of the two Gods of Destruction who was jointly designed by Akira Toriyama and Toyotarō, the other being Helles. The two are coincidentally universal counterparts.