The Black Power Ball is charged by one hand, creating a golden energy sphere with a core of black energy, creating a devastating explosion upon impact. When fired, the energy ball is completely golden with a black outline. Black uses Black Power Ball in creative ways, such as a hailstorm.
Goku Black uses this attack against Future Trunks several times during their battles in the future. One of which nearly killed Future Mai in his latest encounter. He also uses this attack several times against Goku when Black followed Trunks back in time, and used it to destroy Future Trunks' time machine.
After imprinting Goku's fighting style, the Black Power Ball becomes far more powerful, increasing its destructive capabilities. As Super Saiyan Rosé, the Black Power Ball takes on a pink color instead of being golden and can be converted into an energy wave. This version is called Divine Retribution.
Future Zamasu is also shown to use this attack, God Splitter, albeit in an indigo color.
- God Splitter - Future Zamasu's variation of the Black Power Ball but indigo in appearance. This variation unlike the ordinary Black Power Ball, can defend against ki blasts. Named in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Divine Retribution - Goku Black's version of the Black Power Ball in his Super Saiyan Rosé state. He can either fire off a pink ki blast or attack with a downward slash with his ki blade as a melee attack. It can also be used as an energy wave, it's properties similar to a kiai. Named in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Continuous Black Power Ball - A rapid fire version of the technique, appearing as small golden ki blasts with black outline.
- Human Extinction Attack - An aerial hailstorm-like energy barrage version of Continuous Black Power Ball.
- Holy Light Grenade - A more powerful version of the Black Power Ball, being larger and orange or purple in appearance.
- Divine Wrath - An energy wave variation of Holy Light Grenade.
- Holy Wrath - A large energy sphere used by Fused Zamasu that combines Black Power Ball with God Splitter. It is Fused Zamasu's ultimate attack.
Video Game Appearances
The Black Power Ball is named in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle and appears as one of Goku Black's Super Attacks. It appears different to the main series however and acts similarly to God Splitter.
- Despite its name, it's not a variation of the original Power Ball, which is used by Saiyans to create artificial moons to instantly become Great Apes.