The Black Power Ball is charged by one hand, creating a golden energy sphere with a core of black energy, creating a devastating explosion upon impact. When fired, the energy ball is completely golden with a black outline.
After imprinting Goku's fighting style, the Black Power Ball becomes far more powerful, increasing its destructive capabilities. As Super Saiyan Rosé, the Black Power Ball takes on a pink color instead of being golden and can be converted into an energy wave, with properties similar to a kiai. This was shown to initiate his Divine Lasso against Goku and also used to push away and knock down Future Trunks.
Future Zamasu is also shown to use this attack, albeit in an indigo color. However, the true scope of its power remains unknown as he is only shown using the Energy Ball to combine with Black's. When Black and Zamasu combine their Energy Balls the attack looks like a giant falling meteor, either orange or purple in color, depending on whether or not Black is in his Super Saiyan Rosé form. Its destructive power is also increased exponentially.
- God Splitter (神裂波, Shinretsuha, lit. "Fierce God Wave") - Future Zamasu's variation of the Black Power Ball but indigo in appearance. This variation unlike the ordinary Black Power Ball, can defend against ki blasts. Named in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Divine Retribution (神罰執行, Shinbatsu Shikkō, lit. "Carrying Out Divine Punishment") - Goku Black's version of the Black Power Ball in his Super Saiyan Rosé state. He can either fire off a pink ki blast or attack with a downward slash with his ki blade as a melee attack. It can also be used as an energy wave, it's properties similar to a kiai. Used and named in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Continuous Black Power Ball - A rapid fire version of the technique, appearing as small golden ki blasts with black outline. 
- Combined Energy Ball - A more powerful version of the Black Power Ball, being larger and orange or purple in appearance.
Appearances in Video Games
The Black Power Ball appears as one of Goku Black's Super Attacks in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle. It later appears in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 under the name Divine Retribution usable by Goku Black in his Super Saiyan Rosé form and Future Zamasu/Zamasu under the name God Splitter. However, this God Splitter version can also be used as a defensive move, capable of blocking ki blasts and the Divine Retribution version instead uses the Violent Fierce God Slicer to chop the opponent in half.
- Despite its name, it's not a variation of the original Power Ball, which is used by Saiyans to create artificial moons to instantly become Great Apes.