Future Trunks performs a series of rapid arm movements before placing his palms forward, with the thumbs and index fingers touching each other to form a diamond shape. Then, he fires an energy sphere from his palms towards the opponent.
Usage and Power
In the past, he uses it to distract Mecha Frieza so that he could slice him into pieces. When it is fired against Mecha Frieza to distract him, Frieza dodges the attack and growls to himself about what he will do to Trunks when he gets ahold of him (in the manga and Kai, he mocks Trunks for missing), but Future Trunks then appears above him and slashes him with his sword.
He uses the Burning Attack on Broly on New Planet Vegeta in an attempt to defend his father Vegeta, but to no avail, as Broly is unfazed by the attack and knocks out Future Trunks with a punch to the chin.
Future Trunks uses the Burning Attack in the Dragon Ball Super manga, as a Super Saiyan 2, to finish off Future Dabura and Future Babidi, preventing them from resurrecting Future Majin Buu. He also uses the technique in the anime in his Super Saiyan Anger form during his first fight with Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black. After successfully dragging him to the ground, Trunks blasts Black with a point-blank Burning Attack, which erupts into a huge pillar shaped explosion.
- Super Burning Attack – A more powerful version of the Burning Attack used in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors.
- Full Charge Burning Attack - The most powerful version of the Burning Attack. Used by Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Trunks in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Burning Bomber - A more powerful version used by Future Trunks, SSJ Future Trunks, Future Trunks (Super), EX Trunks, Janks, and Vegenks in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Burning Attack Combined Energy Wave - A combined energy wave used by Xeno Trunks and the 2nd Future Warrior to counter and overpower Dark Turles and Dark Lord Slug's combined energy wave in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Burning Kamehameha – The combination of Trunks' Burning Attack and Goten's Kamehameha. It is Gotenks: Xeno's super attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Burning Impact - The combination of Trunks' Burning Attack and Vegeta's Final Impact. It is Vegeks: Xeno's super attack in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
Video Game Appearances
Burning Attack is seen in various games, almost always accompanying Future Trunks, such as Dragon Ball Z Gaiden: Saiyajin Zetsumetsu Keikaku, the Butōden series, Dragon Ball Z: The Legend (where the attack encircles the opponent and explodes), Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu, Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. Even in Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors, Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury and Dragon Ball GT: Transformation, Trunks has this attack from the time he is playable. Future Gohan uses this attack in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road.
Burning Attack is used in Future Trunks' ultimate move in the Budokai series. In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 and Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World, he uses it in conjunction with his sword in the Burning Slash technique. It is an enormous wave of energy that decimates the entire field in this video game series, while it is a regular blast of energy in Dragon Ball Z: Sagas and the Legacy of Goku series.
The technique appears in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2, under the name Buster Cannon. In Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, it mistakenly appears under the name Buster Cannon (which also appears in the game under the name Buster Flash) and is Future Trunks' Air Ultimate Combo.
Burning Attack is the first offensive technique performed by Time Patrol Trunks in Dragon Ball Online. When Time Patrol Trunks uses the technique in a cinematic cut of player's tutorial, he performs the traditional series of rapid arm movements and stance; however the color (blue) and power differ because he performs it in his base form. The actual skill, still blue in color, is learned at level 44 by Sword Masters.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game, 2000
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road, 2007
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Dragon Ball Fusions, 2016
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks, 1993
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13!, 1992
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan, 1993
- ↑ Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, 1993