"What an awful power... I've never felt anything like this. What's going on down there?"
Buu Against Buu (どっちが勝つの!?善悪ブウブウ対決 Dotchi ga Katsu no!? Zenaku Bū Bū Taiketsu) is the second episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred fifty-fifth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on February 8, 1995. Its original American air date was October 15, 2002.
Majin Buu fights the Evil Buu. In the end, the good Majin Buu shoots out the Chocolate Beam, and the Evil Buu blows it back towards him, turning the good Majin Buu into a piece of chocolate. The Evil Buu eats the good Majin Buu and gains his power, thus becoming Super Buu.
Super Buu then brutally kills Smitty, the second deranged gunman, by turning into liquid and going down his throat, making him expand until he explodes. Afterwards, he wants a good challenge and remembers being promised that he would have a good fight with Goten and Trunks, so he decides to pay them an early unexpected visit, now able to sense energy levels. Piccolo tells Dende this is a new problem. Goten and Trunks ask Piccolo if they can rest and Piccolo declines and they should continue to train, but Chi-Chi and Bulma angrily inform Piccolo that Goten and Trunks are exhausted and they need to rest, meaning that just because Goku and Gohan are gone doesn't mean he has the right to boss Goten and Trunks around and Piccolo reluctantly agrees.
Unfortunately, he couldn't have picked a worse time to give in, because a few minutes later, Super Buu arrives at the Lookout!
- Evil Buu decimates Good Buu in battle, and eats the latter in chocolate form, resulting in a new, evil Super Buu.
- Using his new Ki Sense ability, Super Buu locates the Z Fighters on Kami's Lookout.
- Good Buu vs. Evil Buu
Differences from the manga
- In the manga, the fight between the two Majin Buu's was very brief. In the anime, it was extended with additional scenes such as them firing Kamehameha's at each other and Piccolo and Dende commenting as the battle unfolds.
- Goten and Trunks having a meal at The Lookout after being exhausted from flying back from Majin Buu's house is exclusive to the anime.
- Krillin asking Piccolo if they have a chance of defeating Super Buu is exclusive to the anime.
- Just as in the previous episode, Dende appears in a younger form while conversing with Piccolo at Kami's Lookout.
- Due to the Good Buu's friendship with Hercule, the new Super Buu is unable to harm him or Bee.
- Good Buu would later return in "Old Buu Emerges".