Red Ribbon Army Saga
Main article: Red Ribbon Army Saga
Buyon is the hideous, blubbery pink tenant of Muscle Tower's fifth floor, only accessible via a trapdoor on the sixth. Initially, Buyon appears to be a seemingly indestructible threat to Goku and Android 8 when they fall through the trap door and encounter Buyon. Every technique Goku uses against him, from a Kamehameha to the belly or a kick to the face, is bounced back effortlessly by Buyon's lard. The monster can also cast electrical blasts from his antennae. Buyon apparently feeds on cattle supplied by his keepers, and even comes close to devouring Goku and Android 8 during the encounter.
Through a long and tiring process, Goku eventually realizes that Buyon is susceptible to the cold, and after Goku knocks a small hole into the wall, Buyon is frozen solid. With this, Goku strikes the monster with a kick, shattering him into pieces.
Apparently, Buyon was well known by the Jingle Villagers, as they heard stories about a creature lurking within Muscle Tower and worried for Goku's safety as a result.
Buyon's power remains unclear. General White was confident that Goku stood no chance against the monster even after him seeing Goku defeat Major Metallitron and Ninja Murasaki, however that was largely because he believed that no martial artist technique or weapon would work on him.
- Antenna Beam – Energy waves fired from the antennae. Also used in Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure, Dragon Ball: Origins 2, and Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo.
- Lick Twister – Buyon extend his tongue to attack his opponent. He uses this technique to try to eat Android 8 and Goku. Buyon also uses this technique in Advanced Adventure and Revenge of King Piccolo.
- Super Flexible Body – Because of his rubbery body, enemies will bounce back if they try to punch or kick him. Because of this, he is also the first enemy to seem unaffected by Goku's Kamehameha.
- Tail Attack – Buyon can attack his opponents using his long and powerful tail. Also used in Dragon Ball: Origins 2.
Video Game Appearances
Buyon is a boss in Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden, Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Totsugeki-Hen, Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure, Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo, and Dragon Ball: Origins 2. He appears in a cutscene in Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu.
A boss very similar to Buyon, but green, appears in Dragon Ball: Shenron no Nazo, one of the first video game based on the Dragon Ball franchise. In it, Goku confronts this enemy in the finals of a Kung Fu Tournament and, like with Buyon, has to break a wall to freeze him.
Members of Buyon's species appear as enemies in Dragon Ball Online, and are simply referred to as "Buyons" in-game.
- Buyon is the first enemy to be able to take a direct hit with a Kamehameha without suffering any damage.
- Buyon was the first confirmed extraterrestrial being Goku ever fought.
- It is likely that Suno's father was referring to Buyon when he talked about the monster that dwelt in Muscle Tower, as opposed to the docile and friendly Android 8.
- While Buyon's race, the Jigglers are from outer space, Buyon lived on Earth. It is unexplained how he got there.
- Buyon's name likely comes from the Japanese word buyobuyo (ぶよぶよ), meaning flabby or soft.
- Additionally, Buyon's name is similar to the word "Bouillon", a type of broth, which has a root from the word "boil".