Call to Action (最後の希望!!作るぜでっかい元気玉, Saigo no Kibo!! Tsukuru ze Dekkai Genkidama) is the ninth episode of the Kid Buu Saga and the two hundred eighty-fourth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on November 22, 1995. Its original American air date was March 26, 2003.
Last time, Vegeta wished the Earth back and told Goku to make a Spirit Bomb. Meanwhile, back on Earth everyone is wondering how they did not die and they are all happy. Piccolo, Goten, Trunks and Gohan are wondering what happened. Also, the other heroes on the lookout were wished back and everyone came back. But Dabura, who did many evil deeds, did not come back and bids farewell to Chi-Chi, Bulma and Videl.
Meanwhile, the two Buus are fighting, Goku is amazed by what a clever idea Vegeta has thought of. Good Buu has no chance against Kid Buu, Good Buu tried and Mr. Satan cheered for him, but Good Buu was no match. While the two Buus fight, the others on the Sacred World of the Kais are discussing. Goku says it might not work and Dende is trying to think what the third wish should be. Vegeta says to wish anything he asks, then he asks Kibito Kai to be able to talk to the citizens of Earth, but Kibito Kai says it cannot be done. After that, King Kai talks from the Grand Kai's planet and says he can make Vegeta talk to the citizens of Earth. Vegeta then says to the citizens of Earth that there is a guy fighting Kid Buu on another planet and that the chance of winning is slim. He tells them to raise their hands towards the sky to give the guy power. On the lookout, Bulma hears Vegeta's voice and knows that Vegeta is back.Then, Goku goes into the sky and gathers the energy for a Spirit Bomb. Then everyone gives the energy that is being gathered into a bomb. The energy of Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, and the others makes the technique incredibly strong. Back on New Namek, Old Kai and the others are impressed.
Just while Goku was gathering the energy, the two Buu's create a massive blast. Vegeta think whether there is enough time for Goku to make the Spirit Bomb. Suddenly, Good Buu splits into four and starts punching Kid Buu. Goku says the energy is not enough. Vegeta goes back to talk to the Earthlings and the citizens ask "why should we give our strength, it does not concern us". Vegeta gets really mad, so King Kai tells him to cool down and ask them again. Meanwhile, Good Buu is getting beaten fast.
In Hell, the previously defeated villains are watching the battle. Frieza is laughing at Vegeta and the others. Goku tells Vegeta that there is not enough strength for the Spirit Bomb. Vegeta again tries to tell the Earth to give more energy, but the citizens continue to ignore Vegeta's command.
- Good Buu vs. Kid Buu
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Goku & Kai Standoff" - When Goku starts charging his Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu with energy from Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks.
- "Destruction (soundtrack)" - When Goku is charging the Spirit Bomb during the fight with Kid Buu.
- This episode picks up where "Earth Reborn" had left off.
- Unlike in "Vegeta's Respect", in the edited version, the scenes showing the villains in Hell are cut out for no apparent reason.
- Vegeta refers to Kibito Kai as "Kibito Shin" when speaking to Dende about his plan to defeat Kid Buu. In the Ocean Group dub, he says the proper translation "Kibito Kai".
- In one scene, Master Roshi's beard appears to be a red-orange-like color.
- This is the fourth episode where Bulma has feelings for Vegeta. The first being "Goku's Alive!!" and the second being "Frieza's Counterattack" and the third being "Z Warriors Prepare".
- This marks the final appearance of Dabura as he remains being dead in Heaven.