Cell's Bag of Tricks (地球直撃!! セルの特大カメハメ波, Tikyu Cyokugeki!! Seru no Tokudai Kamehameha) is the thirteenth episode of the Cell Games Saga and the one hundred seventy-eighth overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on March 17, 1993. Its original American air date was November 30, 2000.
Goku and Cell decide that their "warm-up" is over and decide to battle it out for real this time. Goku begins to power up. Goku's max is reached, and a Super Explosive Wave that sends Mr. Satan and the gang flying backwards is given off. The Z Fighters are in awe, except for Gohan, who has seen it before. Mr. Satan, his students and the Z TV crew are dumbfounded. Even Vegeta is shocked at Goku's true power. Goku not only has the typical Super Saiyan aura, but his body flashes energy as well. Perfect Cell then powers up in a similar fashion ending with similar results. Perfect Cell says Goku can start the match off by making the first move. Goku punches Perfect Cell in the gut and kicks him in the jaw. They then begin to fight with their full power each landing as good as they get. They stop fighting and return to the ring. Perfect Cell makes use of Tien Shinhan's split-form technique and splits into 4 Perfect Cells. Goku easily fights off all 4 in hand-to-hand combat. Android 16 announces that Goku is stronger than all 4 Perfect Cells together. This is because the split-form technique makes Perfect Cell weaker. The Perfect Cells then use Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon on Goku, who avoids it easily. Goku lures the Perfect Cells into the air and pounds them back to the arena floor causing Perfect Cell to become one again.
Perfect Cell then uses Frieza's Death Saucer technique to chase Goku around. Goku is too fast and even with 2 disks after him is able to avoid them, though it appears as if they do go through him. Perfect Cell then uses Goku's Kamehameha with all his power. The blast is more than enough to destroy the Earth. Goku lures the blast into space and uses the Instant Transmission to avoid the blast. Perfect Cell doesn't understand how he did so Goku tells him. Perfect Cell then increases his speed to the point where Goku can't see him. The episode ends when Perfect Cell reappears standing behind Goku.
- Goku (Full-Power Super Saiyan) vs. Perfect Cell
"That's it, Goku. Show me the true power of a Super Saiyan."
"There's no way you can beat me with your stolen fighting techniques. Now, give up!"
- Super Explosive Wave - Used by when powering up at the start of the episode.
- Multi-Form - Used by Cell. However, the clones are knocked down by Goku.
- Special Beam Cannon - Used by the four Cells against Goku, but the Saiyan easily dodges the blasts.
- Death Saucer - Used by Cell, but Goku manages to avoid the two disks.
- Afterimage - Used by Goku to avoid Cell's Death Saucers.
- Super Kamehameha - Used by Cell against Goku, but the Saiyan manages to divert the attack into space.
- Instant Transmission - Used by Goku to avoid Cell's Super Kamehameha at the last second.
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Energy Disk Music" - When Cell's Destructo Disks chase Goku.
- When Goku is powering up at the start of the episode, he clenches his fist and raises his arms up to make a great explosion of power. This shot is recycled from the first opening of the Japanese version "Cha-La Head-Cha-La", except that Goku is a Super Saiyan instead of his base form and the blast is colored red instead of blue.