Closing In (歩く超破壊兵器!! 人造人間が悟空に迫る, Aruku Cho Hakai Heiki!! Jinzo Ningen ga Goku ni Semaru "Walking Weapons of Mass Destruction! The Androids Approach Goku") is the thirteenth episode of the Androids Saga and the one hundred thirty-eighth overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on May 6, 1992. Its original American air date was October 2, 2000.
The evil Androids hit the road in hot pursuit of Goku, but are delayed by some hyperactive hoodlums. Krillin and Future Trunks race to move Goku to a safer hiding place, while up in the clouds Kami wrestles with Piccolo's difficult offer. Vegeta is on a mountain, thinking about the Androids. After thinking about his defeat against Android 18, he furiously transforms into a Super Saiyan and claims that he will destroy the Androids. Everyone is scheming of ways to stop the Androids, but will any of them work?
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Androids Steal Truck" – When the androids steal the Lucky Foods van.
- "Vegeta - Super Saiyan" – When Vegeta turns into a Super Saiyan, angry over his defeat against Android 18 and her brother.
- "Droids vs. Bikers" – When the Toad Warriors chase after the Lucky Foods van.
- "Krillin and Trunks Arrive" – When Krillin and Future Trunks arrive outside Goku's house to pick up Goku.
- At the end of the previous episode, Piccolo, Kami, and Mr. Popo are seen standing in the middle of Kami's Lookout with Piccolo's back towards the tree path. But at the beginning of this episode, they are standing to the right side, with Piccolo's back to the edge.
- When the androids steal the Lucky Foods van, one of the drivers appears similar to Hero, the man whose body was used as a host by Kami while fighting in the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament.
- During the chase scene with the bikers, the Lucky Foods van says "Campany" instead of "Company." This is due to Japanese pronunciations not including an "uh" sound, as heard in the word "company." Rather, Japanese uses the "ah" sound, pronouncing "company" like "cahmpany," which is why misspelling it as "campany" is an easy translation mistake to make.
- At the end of this episode, Yamcha appears to know who Future Trunks really is, even though he left to take Goku home before Piccolo's revelation about Trunks.
- In Kami's flashback in the Remastered dub, Nappa is still voiced by Christopher R. Sabat instead of Phil Parsons.
- When one of the bikers manage to slash a few strands of Android 18's hair with his axe, she becomes unflinched and using her power to scare them in a silent rage. Her behavior in this episode is a contrast to her future counterpart where she becomes greatly hostile towards Future Trunks when he slashes a few strands of her hair with his sword.