Cross Epochクロス エポックKurosu Epokku
|Genre||Adventure, Comedy, Martial Arts, Science Fiction|
Manga Series: Cross Epoch
December 25th 2006 – December 25th 2006
|No. of volumes||
Dragon Ball x One Piece: Cross Epoch (クロス エポック) is a Japanese manga by Akira Toriyama and Eiichiro Oda. It is a crossover between their respective Dragon Ball and One Piece series. Cross Epoch was released on December 25, 2006 in the 2007 #4/5 issue of Weekly Shōnen Jump, and it later appeared in the April 2011 issue of the English Shonen Jump (issue #100).
Shenron, who has just granted Mr. Satan's wish to become a king, has invited his friends over for a little tea party on an island filled with giant desserts. The various characters from their respective series are trying to make their way to the party. Some of the characters are changed physically and in place, such as Krillin and Chopper being conductors of a roller coaster, Bulma and Nami being thieves, Master Roshi and Sanji being police officers, Vegeta having horns and being the captain of a pirate crew, or Piccolo being a swordsman with Roronoa Zoro. They encounter obstacles such as the Pilappaggy Villain Union along the way, but they all make it to the party in the end.
- Goku and Monkey D. Luffy
- Vegeta and Nico Robin (Vegeta Sky Pirates)
- Future Trunks and Usopp (Vegeta Sky Pirates)
- Piccolo and Roronoa Zoro
- Krillin and Tony Tony Chopper
- Bulma and Nami
- Master Roshi and Sanji
- Emperor Pilaf and Buggy (Pilappaggy Villain Union)
- Outside of this manga, characters from Dragon Ball and One Piece are featured together in the video games Jump Super Stars (2005), Battle Stadium D.O.N (2006), Jump Ultimate Stars (2006), Battle Taikan Gomu Gomu no Kamehameha (2008), J-Stars Victory Vs (2013), and the TV special Super Collaboration Special (2013).
- As Dragon Ball Kai was followed by One Piece in the "Dream 9" time slots when it first aired on Fuji TV, special eyecatches featuring the characters from both series were made and shown between the two series. The two series are also featured in the 2013 Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Super Collaboration Special.
- A special pre-sale Collaboration Ticket for the 2013 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and One Piece Film: Z movies went on sale on November 23, 2012. The dual-ticket has a special illustration by both Eiichirō Oda and Akira Toriyama featuring Luffy and Goku.