It was later adapted into the second saga of Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission!. It is preceded by the Dark Demon Realm Saga.
It is composed of several sub-stories:
- Demon God Towa
- Dark Demon God Buu
- Advent of Mechikabura
- Janemba: Xeno
- Super Namekian
- Broly Dark
- Mechikabura Revival
First Dark Dragon Ball
Towa uses energy stolen from strong people in order to revive her grandfather Mechikabura, however his body is old and he cannot move well. Towa tells him to use the Dark Dragon Balls to wish for youth so that he can take revenge on Chronoa, however the Dragon Balls scatter. Mechikabura notices one of them as it heads away, crossing space-time. Towa decides to go and get it but Mechikabura tells her to wait, deciding to grant her Demon God powers first.
It is soon apparent that a Dark Dragon Ball ended up on Namek in Age 762 (during the climax of the Battle of Namek). The ball having fused with the tyrant Frieza: Xeno, empowering him to the point that he could overwhelm the newly transformed Super Saiyan Goku - even without using his 100% Full Power. The Time Patrol realize that this is altering history for the worst, and so Trunks: Xeno and Goku: Xeno head back to deal with the problem. Goku teams up with his past self and the two attack the now full power Frieza together, as Frieza holds the two Kamehameha back Future Trunks quickly slices him in half and he loses the Dark Dragon Ball, restoring history to normal as Super Saiyan Goku defeats the non-Dark Dragon Ball Frieza.
However, Demon God Towa manages to collect the Dark Dragon Ball - though Mira is killed by Future Trunks during the process - and brings it back to the Demon Realm with her, where she meets Mechikabura, who reveals that he has summoned more Demon Gods to aid in the search for the Dark Dragon Balls.
Second Dark Dragon Ball
Chronoa discovers two changes in history and decides to split into two groups, she goes with Goku, and Future Trunks goes with a new helper - who turns out to be Vegeta: Xeno. Vegeta tells Future Trunks that he will prove he is the strongest, not Goku. Vegeta wants to get going immediately, but Chronoa tells him that they all must pose first, Vegeta ignores and tells her that they should just get going.
Vegeta and Future Trunks arrive back in time, and Vegeta gives Future Trunks a device from Bulma that can locate the Dark Dragon Balls. The device leads them to the Cell Games arena, where they see the Z Fighters defeated by Cell: Xeno, who has a Dark Dragon Ball. Vegeta easily beats down Cell and then destroys most of his body with a Final Flash, shocking Future Trunks with his strength. Vegeta prepares to finish Cell but is suddenly attacked by Demon God Gravy before he has the chance. Future Trunks catches him as he is sent flying and then places the Potara Earrings he obtained from Chronoa onto himself and the unconscious Vegeta, fusing the two into Vegeks: Xeno. At the same time Gravy and Putine discuss how great their Demon God power is.
Vegeks suddenly appears, striking Gravy and announcing his identity, Gravy attempts to attack again but he is easily knocked down by Vegeks, angering him. Putine states that they must take them down, as they may get in the way in the future. However both parties are surprised as Cell begins to undergo a Dark Evolution.
Cell using the power of dark evolution transforms into Cell-X, a hulking giant of a being with multiple Spider-like legs that dwarves Vegeks in size. Whilst Vegeks is focused on Cell-X, Gravy takes the opportunity to hit Vegeks from behind, knocking him to the ground. Happy with catching Vegeks off guard, he too is then caught from behind by an attack from Cell-X who swiped him to the ground, Vegeks having quickly recovered, suddenly attacks Gravy and they battle briefly before Vegeks is grabbed by Cell-X and both he and Gravy are crushed as the weight of Cell-X comes crashing down on them both.
With both injured and annoyed at Cell-X getting in the way of their battle, they briefly put aside their fight and attack him in unison with the resulting attack wiping out Cell-X for good. Suddenly Vegeks diffuses leaving Vegeta and Trunks separated once again. As Gravy goes in for the finish on the two Saiyans they are suddenly teleported away by Chronoa's magic as Gravy wonders where they went.
Meanwhile, a battered and bruised Goku stands off against Majin Buu: Xeno with numerous beings and a spaceship surrounding them.
Third Dark Dragon Ball
Goku faces off against Kid Buu having now merged with the Three-Star Dark Dragon Ball in battle. As the Dark Empire Forces surround them on all sides, Demon God Dabura: Xeno descends onto the battlefield and soon attacks Kid Buu with his objective to steal the dark Dragon Ball from him. Withdrawing a sword he slices Kid buu in half before turning his attention towards Goku who rushes in to attack him. However whilst Dabura is preoccupied with Goku, Kid Buu takes Dabura by surprise and absorbs him, transforming him into the more powerful Demon God Buu.
The Dark Empire Forces rush at the newly formed Buu but they along with their ships are quickly eradicated by Kid Buu before he turns his attention on Goku. He attacks Goku and appears to have the upper hand. Chronoa appears on the battlefield having transported both Future Trunks and Vegeta along following their battle with Cell and Gravy. Future Trunks intercepts a blow from Kid Buu that was meant for Goku then turns Super Saiyan in an attempt to hold buy the others some time. Chronoa removes her Potara earrings and gives them to Goku and the reluctant Vegeta which transforms them into Vegito: Xeno.
Vegito immediately steps in between the battle involving Kid Buu and Future Trunks. Vegito and the empowered Kid Buu begin fighting where they prove to be a match for each other, exchanging blows on both sides. Vegito fires his Spirit Sword technique directly at Kid Buu but before it reaches him the attack is blocked by the sudden appearance of Chamel.
Meanwhile, in another Dimension, Turles: Xeno who has merged with the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball encounters Salsa who has shown up alongside Mechikabura and the Dark-Masked King in order to recover his Dark Dragon Ball.
Fourth Dark Dragon Ball
On the Sacred World of the Kai, the sudden appearance of a mysterious person has caused confusion. Irritated by the interference Kid Buu attacks him. At the Tree of Might, Mechikabura alongside Salsa and the Dark-Masked King stand opposite Turles who has merged with the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball and plan to retrieve it for their own purposes. On Mechikabura's order the Dark-Masked King steps forward and attacks Turles, knocking him backward into the Tree where he then eats a piece of its fruit and gains a significant boost in power from it and causes him to undergo a Dark Evolution transformation.
Digging his hand into the ground he tosses a large rock towards Mechikabura and Salsa with the latter using his sword to cut the rock into pieces. He gets behind Turles and lands a kick to the nape of his neck but Turles remains unharmed much to Salsa's surprise. Turles kicks him back towards Mechikabura who asks Salsa what he thinks of his opponent to which Salsa tells him that Turles' strength is on par with or even greater than that of a Demon God. Impressed Mechikabura says that once all seven of the Dark Dragon Balls are recovered it will be enough to fully restore him. Turles charges towards the pair but Mechikabura raises his hand and fires a Ki blast that levels the surrounding area, destroying both the Tree of Might and presumably Turles along with it. Recovering the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball he turns and begins to leave, their mission a success but not before telling the Dark-Masked King that the power he put forth was not good enough.
Back at the Sacred World of the Kai, Vegito has now diffused back into Goku and Vegeta. Chronoa starts to panic over Kid Buu and the other warrior having escaped and Goku tells them he can no longer feel their Ki and presumes that they are no longer in that time period.
The foe suddenly appears before them all, unscathed from the earlier attack from Kid Buu and Future Trunks readies himself for an attack but the Supreme Kai stops him and asks what his scheme is. The foe says that there is no scheme and that they are useful to have around, saying he doesn't expect or need their trust before hinting that Hell is becoming agitated.
Chronoa uses a spell to transfer Goku and Vegeta's injuries on to herself so that they along with Chamel can continue their pursuit of Kid Buu who has fled to Hell.
Fifth Dark Dragon Ball
Shroom calls upon a Grim Reaper Soldier who appears from a portal in the ground and attacks Janemba. When Janemba attempts to retaliate with a kick, the soldier grabs a hold of his leg. Shroom then uses his Scythe to cut through the two of them in one swipe. Janemba however rematerializes gaining more power than before due to the Dark Dragon Ball.
This time, Shroom goes in for the attack personally and while at first Janemba is able to put up a decent fight he is ultimately cut in half again and the Dark Dragon Ball falls to the ground.
However, before Towa can retrieve the ball, Goku, Vegeta and Chamel show up in front of them. Chamel vows to destroy Towa and Shroom with Towa commenting that Chamel had betrayed them after all. Chamel tells Goku and Vegeta to attack Shroom while he deals with Towa and they all begin to battle.
Suddenly the Dark Demon God Buu who still has the Three-Star Dark Dragon Ball merged appears and using a detached part of his body absorbs Janemba to undergo another transformation.
Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta struggle against Shroom as they have little strength after having their souls mowed, one of Shroom's special abilities.
Meanwhile, at the Time Nest, Chronoa having recovered from her injuries and having a good rest claims that she now has the energy back that is needed to summon a new helper.
Sixth Dark Dragon Ball
Gohan: Xeno and Future Trunks travel back through time in order to find the source of the disturbance that has altered the timeline, the Dark Dragon Ball. They are suddenly attacked from behind by Slug: Xeno who having used his Great Namekian form has grown to the size of a building. Gohan and Future Trunks narrowly avoid the blast and notice that Lord Slug has merged with Six-Star Dark Dragon Ball.
Gohan asks Future Trunks to stand back and let him take of Lord Slug himself and begins whistling which harms Lord Slug due to his highly sensitive hearing. Open to attack, Future Trunks prepares an attack in order to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball but before he can, numerous portals open up around Lord Slug. The Dark Demon God Buu having recently absorbed Janemba begins attacking Lord Slug. As Gohan and Future Trunks comment on the surprise appearance of Buu, they are joined by another, Towa who has also come to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball for herself having already obtained two others just recently.
Chamel having followed Towa also appears and sides with Gohan and Future Trunks. Towa acknowledging the difficulty of the situation she is in, uses her magic to cause Lord Slug to undergo a Dark Evolution causing his size to multiply even further. Towa, happy with how events are now playing out voices that she is happy that she studied Putine's powers in order to be able to control darkness and prepares herself to retrieve the Dark Dragon Balls from Lord Slug and Buu whilst also recovering her brother Dabura.
Lord Slug attacks Gohan, Future Trunks and Chamel but the attack does no damage thanks to Chamel creating a protective barrier in the nick of time. Gohan suggests that Future Trunks merge with him to which he agrees and the two perform the Fusion Dance to become Gohanks: Xeno who immediately goes on the offensive due to them only having 30 minutes before they defuse. However Gohanks is unable to do any damage to Lord Slug due to his overwhelming size.
Meanwhile, Towa battles Buu until she is suddenly attacked from below by Chamel. The attack causes Towa to drop her guard and Buu goes in for the kill but is intercepted by the appearance of Salsa who has also brought along Turles who promptly kicks Chamel away. Towa asks Salsa why he has shown up to which he responds that he has no honour left after shaming Mechikabura previously.
Salsa says that his power as a Demon God has adapted to his body better than it had before and with his new found might, eradicates the bodies of Buu and Lord Slug with his Trick of Tornado attack which causes the Dark Dragon Balls to become loose and Dabura to return. Towa recovers the Dark Dragon Balls and her brother and then teleports away much to Chamel's frustration.
In the Demon Realm, Gravy and Putine report to Mechikabura that Towa and the others have successfully recovered three of the Dark Dragon Balls and Dabura. Please, Mechikabura tells them to inform Towa to see him when she returns and to also bring a mask which is used to be used for their chained prisoner, Broly Dark who has merged with the Seven-Star Dark Dragon Ball.
In Hell, the battle between Super Saiyan Gogeta and Demon God Shroom rages on with neither having a clear advantage. When a dark portal opens up above the two, the time limit for Goku and Vegeta's Fusion runs out. When Goku flies off to head through the portal, Shroom attempts to stop him but Vegeta intervenes by grabbing his Scythe, allowing Goku to get away while Vegeta faces off against Shroom alone.
Seventh Dark Dragon Ball
In the Demon Realm, Towa and Paragus attempt to defend themselves from an out of control masked Broly who is using the Super Saiyan 4 transformation and also merged with the Seven Star Dark Dragon Ball but find themselves completely outmatched. Meanwhile Mechikabura watches on in amusement from above on his throne with King Vegeta, Gravy, Putine and Salsa standing alongside him. Goku then appears, having come through the other side of the portal and upon seeing him, Broly goes into a fit of rage and attacks Goku immediately, Towa and Paragus take the opportunity to attack Broly but Paragus is punched hard, knocking him through the same portal that Goku travelled through. Broly then turns his sights once again on Goku knocking him to the ground hard with a punch, Towa fires a blast at him from out of her staff which hits him the back. Broly turns around and hits Towa hard enough to send her crashing into a nearby wall where she then falls out of her Demon God form and back into her Base form.
Suddenly Mira in his Berserk form appears having also travelled through a dark portal which shocks both Salsa and Putine who thought that he had been killed earlier by Future Trunks. Mira turns to face the now unconscious Towa and absorbs her which allows him to undergo a new and more powerful transformation and when Broly rushes in to attack him, Mira is easily able to stop his attack with his palm.
Seeing the ongoing battle between the two, Goku powers up into his Super Saiyan 4 state as well and heads into battle as all three fighters battle it out against one another at the same time. The three prove to all be on par with each other and end the battle each with a large beam of energy causing a huge explosion that knocks out Goku and Broly, causing his Dark Dragon Ball to fall out of his chest. Mira is the only one left standing, battered and bruised, now having released Towa from his body, he now holds both her and the Dark Dragon Ball in his arms.
The Final Battle
In Hell, Vegeta: Xeno continues his battle against the Demon God, Shroom. As Shroom goes in to finish off the worn out Vegeta, he is suddenly attacked by Gotenks: Xeno who appears through a dark portal followed by Chronoa, Chamel, and Gohan. Outnumbered, Shroom retreats through the same portal back to the Demon Realm. Chronoa uses her magic abilities to temporarily rewind Vegeta's injuries and meanwhile notices that the dark portal is beginning to close and asks Chamel to use his magic to open it back up so they can enter through it.
In the Demon Realm, Mechikabura thanks his subordinates, Gravy, Putine, Towa, Salsa, Mira, Dabura and his Demon Realm Soldiers for having finally gathered together all seven of the Dark Dragon Balls and summons the Dragon known as Dark Shenron. The others soon sense a large formation of Ki and realize that the Time Patrol, now also with Goku: Xeno, have come to the Demon Realm. Not wanting the Time Patrol to intervene, the soldiers swarm the group but the combination of Gotenks and Vegeta, no longer restricted from using Super Saiyan 4 due to their location in Demon Realm, quickly overwhelm their forces. Chamel soon steps in, transforming into his Demon God form and uses his magic to suck all the soldiers in through a portal and to an unknown location on the other side.
Most of the forces are wiped out but Towa says it's too late anyway as Dark Shenron suddenly emerges and Mechikabura asks the Dragon to give him the strength that he once had in his peak. However Dark Shenron states that due to Mechikabura having such a large quantity of power, it will take him some time to restore it all. Chronoa spotting the Dragon urges the rest of the Time Patrol to hurry and stop them before the wish is granted.
The members of Chronoa's Time Patrol face off against Mechikabura's Demon God subordinates as Chronoa attempts to head directly to Mechikabura and Dark Shenron but she is halted by Dabura who gets in her way. Gotenks suddenly appears and hits Dabura but then immediately defuses back into Goten: Xeno and Future Trunks, their time having run out. Goten holds off Dabura as he tells Future Trunks to go on ahead with Chronoa.
Meanwhile, Vegeta battles Gravy but finds that his previous injuries have already returned. Goku too, is struggling due to being low on energy from his recent battle with Mira and Broly and so with little other choice the two fuse together into Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta: Xeno thanks to the help of Chamel buying them some time by trapping their adversaries in barriers. Chamel realises that his secret plan to steal the Dark Dragon Balls has now ended in failure but hopes for the Time Patrol to stop Mechikabura from reaching his previous power.
Chronoa, due to help from Future Trunks is able to reach Mechikabura who has now regressed in age, back to his youth and has gained back his previous power. In response, Chronoa releases all the power that she has collected and undergoes a new transformation and uses her powers to transport both herself and Mechikabura out of the flow of time entirely.
Suddenly the other members of the Time Patrol return to the Time Nest, confused as to what had just happened. Future Trunks notices that the Demon Realm in it's entirety has disappeared after looking at one of the time scrolls. In another location, Chamel is shown kneeling before Demigra who says that it is time for them to make their move. Back at the Time Nest, Future Trunks hands over time crystals to the others that had been given to him at an earlier time by Chronoa and explains that they are needed in order to visit other era's. The Time Patrol then vow to go and save Chronoa.
Demon God Towa Saga
In the first game opening, Towa and her army bow to the revived Mechikabura as the Dark Dragon Balls are shown scattering. Future Trunks along with Beat and Note head back to Age 762 in order to prevent Frieza - who had merged with the One-Star Dark Dragon Ball - from killing Goku and manages to stop Frieza in time, causing him to lose the Dark Dragon Ball. However, before they can get it, it is taken by Demon God Towa, who had come to obtain the Dark Dragon Ball, she then attacks the group with a giant energy ball. However Chronoa arrives and deflects the attack, having brought Goku and Vegeta along with her. Due to Towa's great Demon God power, Chronoa gives the Potara to Future Trunks and Vegeta, who fuse into Vegeks.
In the related PV trailer, Demon God Towa invades Earth with her army. After decimating the surrounding area, she encounters the Time Patrol and their allies, and sends her forces to face them. Future Trunks, Goten, Gohan, Vegeta and even Bulma deal with the many soldiers, while Goku and Beat face off against Towa, the two attack with a combined Kamehameha attack to no avail as Towa easily deflects it with her staff.
After defecting the attack, Towa's confidence fades as she notices Frieza - who has merged with the One-Star Dark Dragon Ball - arrives with Zarbon and Dodoria and she flees. The Time Patrol then prepare to engage the empowered Frieza in combat once more.
In the second game opening, Cell infused with the Two-Star Dark Dragon Ball defeats Super Saiyan 2 Gohan at the Cell Games. As he is about to go finish him off he is attacked by Gravy. He attempts to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball from Cell but he is stopped by the appearance of Goku who appears along with Future Trunks, Beat and Note who soon attack Gravy but are easily knocked aside. As a result, Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan 3 and easily defeats Gravy. Putine appears and uses her powers to empower Cell who transforms into Cell-X. Chronoa uses her power to send Bardock to travel back to the others to help out.
Dark Demon God Buu Saga
In the third game opening, Demon God Dabura easily takes down Kid Buu who has merged with the Three-Star Dark Dragon Ball, as he attempts to steal the ball he is stopped by the sudden appearance of the Time Patrol. Soon afterward Chamel along with two of his comrades show up and attack the Time Patrol. Distracted, Kid Buu absorbs Dabura, becoming Demon God Buu. After Goku and Vegeta realise that they are being overwhelmed by the Dark Empire's forces, they then fuse into Vegito via Chronoa's Potara earrings in order to fight back.
In the related PV trailer, Demon God Dabura is shown commanding his soldiers in the Demon Realm. Elsewhere Kid Buu now merged with the Three-Star Dark Dragon Ball, appears on Earth and the Time Patrol consisting of Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Gohan, Goten and Beat show up to stop him. However they prove to be powerless against him leaving no choice but for Goku and Vegeta to fuse to become Vegito. Suddenly the Dark Empires forces also arrive on Earth with Demon God Dabura at the helm, they find themselves assisted by a mysterious warrior named Chamel; who attacks the force and confronts Dabura in battle. Kid Buu then engages in combat with the Time Patrol once more before absorbing Dabura whilst caught unaware, transforming himself into Demon God Buu.
Advent of Mechikabura Saga
In the fourth game opening, with the Tree of Might in the background, Turles now merged with the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball battles the Time Breaker member, the Dark-Masked King who he is evenly matched with. The Time Patrol consisting of Goku, Vegeta and Beat soon show up as does the Demon God Salsa who stands in their way. Beat attacks Salsa but is quickly knocked aside causing Vegeta to rush in for the attack next. The Dark Empire forces arrive on the battlefield as the Dark-Masked King takes the Dark Dragon Ball from Turles as he, along with Salsa rejoin Merchikabura on the top of his ship. Mechikabura uses his staff to create an energy blast to attack the Time Patrol with but Future Trunks shows up and transforms into a Super Saiyan 3 before confronting his enemies.
In the related PV trailer, Turles now merged with the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball eats a piece of a fruit from the Tree of Might as he prepares to face Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks and Beat in battle. They battle briefly until the Dark Empire forces appear on the battlefield consisting of Mechikabura along with Demon God Salsa and the Dark-Masked King in order to retrieve the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball from Turles. Turles attacks the Dark-Masked King who effortlessly bats him aside, Vegeta chooses to fight him alone and the others fly off to attack the remaining enemies with Salsa engaging in battle with Futre Trunks. Goku and Beat continue ahead to attack Mechikabura but are easily knocked away from one of his barrier attacks. Away from battle, Chamel approaches the fallen Turles and further empowers him.
Janemba: Xeno Saga
In the fifth game opening, Time Patrollers, Goku, Vegeta and Beat are in Hell confronting the Demon God Shroom who showed up in Hell to acquire the Five-Star Dark Dragon Ball that has merged with Janemba but they appear to be struggling. Janemba gains more power from the ball and undergoes a transformation, he immediately attacks Shroom and quickly knocks him away before turning his attention to the others. Beat attacks Janemba but is also quickly knocked away, Goku and Vegeta fuse into Super Saiyan Gogeta and rushes into battle with Janemba.
Super Namekian Saga
In the sixth game opening, with Towa and Salsa backing him up, Lord Slug with the Six-Star Dark Dragon Ball merged faces off against the Time Patrollers, Beat, Gohan and Future Trunks with Chronoa assisting them. Towa uses her magic to make Slug undergo a dark evolution, becoming giant and gaining dark energy flowing from his body. With one mighty punch he knocks the Time Patrollers down. Future Trunks and Gohan perform the Fusion Dance to become Gohanks as he prepares to face Slug in battle, Kid Buu who has now absorbed the Five-Star Dark Dragon Ball merged Janemba steps through a wormhole and onto the battlefield.
Broly Dark Saga
In the seventh game opening, as Future Trunks and Beat lay defeated and with Goku injured, Paragus and Towa channel power into the Masked Super Saiyan 4 Broly with a seven star ball merged into him that has become a Time Breaker. Broly however soon turns on Demon God Towa for attempting to control him and grabs her by the neck, reverting her back to her base form but Mira intervenes and knocks her out of his grip. Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan 4 and Mira holding a limp Towa in his arms, transforms upon absorbing Towa. The three mighty warriors stare at each other before rushing into a free for all battle.
In the PV trailer, Towa and Mira stand in the rain as Towa reaches out her hand to feel it. In another location at a later time, a masked Super Saiyan 4 Broly with the Seven-Star Dark Dragon Ball merged is shown having defeated several of the Dark Empire Forces soldiers and walks away from a grieving Mira holding Towa in his arms. The other soldiers try to stop him but are quickly defeated as Mechikabura watches on with a smile on his face. The Dark-Masked King confronts Broly himself in an evenly fought battle as Paragus watches on. As the two fight, Mira, taken over by grief, absorbs Towa and suddenly sprouts large black wings and hovers into the air.
Mechikabura Revival Saga
In the eighth game opening, the Dark Masked King battles Bardock: Xeno in the Demon Realm. Powering up further, he sheds his cloak and shatters his mask revealing himself as King Vegeta: Xeno. Bardock places a partially destroyed mask on his face and transforms into a Super Saiyan 3. Meanwhile, in another part of the Demon Realm, Mechikabura, in his castle, having now obtained all seven Dark Dragon Balls, summons Dark Shenron. Outside of the castle, Dabura, Towa, Shroom, Salsa, Gravy and Putine defend their master from the Time Patrol consisting of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Future Trunks, Goten, Beat and Chronoa. Goku and Vegeta fuse in order to become Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta and both sides rush into battle. As the two sides have an intense battle, Chronoa faces off against Towa and unleashes a new transformation as the battle continues to heat up.
Game and Manga differences
- The revival of Mechikabura is shown to be through stolen energy, while in the game it is not, seemingly implied to be through the Dark Dragon Balls.
- It is revealed that the brainwashed Dende created the Dark Dragon Balls, something not shown in the game.
- The fight between the Dark Empire and the Time Patrol over the One-Star Dark Dragon Ball is much shorter and greatly differs from the game as well, as Trunks is the only one to ever fight the Empire, Towa and Mira are the only people to fight him, Mira is killed by Trunks, and Towa immediately retreats soon after.
- Future Trunks in the manga arrives with Xeno Vegeta in order to combat Cell. While in the game, Trunks instead brings Beat, Note, and Xeno Goku.
- While in the game Goku turns into Super Saiyan 3, the manga instead introduces Vegeks when Vegeta and Future Trunks fuse.
- Most of the fight due to the involvement of Vegeks instead of Goku and also fighting against the two Demon Gods Putine and Gravy, the manga is almost completely different to the game, as most of the fight in this manga is not included in the game.
- Chronoa teleports Vegeta and Trunks to help Xeno Goku, who is struggling with Kid Buu and the Dark Empire Forces.
- While the beginning of the game has Dabura face Buu, the manga instead has Goku who facing off against Buu.
- Chamel comes much later in the manga, albeit without his team.
- The entire fight between Vegito and Buu is never shown in the game.
- The introduction of Xeno Turles is much sooner than in the game, with Mechikabura and his group there to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball in his chest.
- The manga greatly differs from the game in this chapter, as many events that happen in the battle against Turles are very different.
- The Time Patrol is not present when Mechikabura and his team try to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball from Turles, instead ending with Turles' demise against Mechikabura.
- How the Dark Evolution transformation occurred in Turles is also different compared to the manga. While the Dark Evolution miraculously happened when time passed by in the game, in the manga Turles' cause for transforming was the result of eating the Fruit of the Tree of Might.
- The Time Patrol rest in the Sacred World of the Kai. In the manga however, Chamel arrives and tells them that Hell is becoming more and more agitated.
- The Time Patrol is not present when Mechikabura and his team try to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball from Turles, instead ending with Turles' demise against Mechikabura.
- In the manga version Chamel fights alongside Goku and Vegeta. In the game opening, it is Beat who is alongside them instead.
- Towa is there with Shroom in the manga to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball but in the game Shroom attempts to retrieve the ball alone.
- In the manga, Shroom fights against Janemba and ultimately prevail after cutting him in half. In the game however Janemba easily defeats Shroom.
- In the manga, Goku and Vegeta fuse together in order to fight Shroom. In the game they fuse together in order to fight Janemba instead.
- In the manga, Dark Demon God Kid Buu appears and absorbs Janemba to undergo a further transformation. In the game opening this was not seen however the following game opening shows that Buu did absorb Janemba at some point.
- In the manga, only Gohan and Future Trunks appear in this timeline and they are soon assisted by Chamel. In the game opening, they are also joined by Chronoa and Beat and Chamel does not appear at all.
- In the manga, Towa uses her magic to put Lord Slug through a Dark Evolution while he is in his Great Namekian form. In the game opening, she performs this magic while Lord Slug is in his base form.
- In the manga, Salsa shows up after Gohan and Future Trunks have fused into Gohanks and when Towa is fighting the Dark Demon God Buu. In the game opening, Salsa is alongside Towa from the beginning.
- In the game opening, Beat and Future Trunks are there alongside Goku in the battle and were defeated prior to him becoming Super Saiyan 4. In the manga, they do not appear at all.
- In the game opening, Towa does not revert to her Base form when hit by Broly unlike in the manga.
- In the manga, the events take place inside of a castle of sorts, this is like what happened in the PV trailer but unlike the game opening.
- In the manga, Mechikabura and all of his followers are there witnessing the battle. In the PV trailer, only the Dark-Masked King is there with Mechikabura and in the game opening none of them are there at all.
- In the manga, Super Saiyan 4 Goku joins the battle after Broly and Mira had already begun fighting. In the game opening it is the other way around and Mira joins the fight after Goku and Broly start fighting.
- In the game opening, Bardock is shown fighting against the Dark-Masked King and after cracking his mask, he is revealed to be King Vegeta. In the manga, neither of these characters appear.
- In the game opening, Chamel is not present on the side of the Time Patrol and in his place, Beat is there. In the manga, Chamel is involved and Beat never appears in the manga at all.
- In the game opening, Vegeta and Goku fuse immediately, before the fighting begins. In the manga, they fight individually at first but due to being either injured and exhausted they fuse together mid way through the battle.
- In the game opening, Chronoa is shown transforming when matched up against Towa. In the manga, she does not undergo this transformation until she reaches Mechikabura and never confronts Towa.
- Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza: Xeno
- Goku (Super Saiyan), Future Trunks and Goku: Xeno vs. Frieza: Xeno
- Future Trunks vs. Towa and Mira
- Vegeta: Xeno vs. Cell: Xeno (Perfect Form)
- Vegeta: Xeno vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Vegeks: Xeno vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Cell: Xeno (Cell-X) vs Gravy (Demon God)
- Vegeks: Xeno vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Vegeks: Xeno and Gravy (Demon God) vs. Cell-X
- Goku: Xeno vs. Majin Buu: Xeno
- Dabura (Demon God) vs. Majin Buu: Xeno
- Goku: Xeno vs. Dabura (Demon God)
- Goku: Xeno vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God)
- Future Trunks (Base/Super Saiyan) vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God)
- Vegito: Xeno vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God)
- Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God) vs. Chamel
- King Vegeta: Xeno (Dark-Masked King) vs. Turles: Xeno
- Salsa (Demon God) vs. Turles: Xeno (Runaway)
- Mechikabura vs. Turles: Xeno (Runaway)
- Janemba: Xeno vs. Grim Reaper Soldier
- Janemba: Xeno vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Chamel vs. Towa (Demon God)
- Chamel vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Slug: Xeno (Great Namekian) vs. Gohan: Xeno and Future Trunks
- Gohanks: Xeno vs. Slug: Xeno (Super Giant Form)
- Towa (Demon God) vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God/Janemba absorbed)
- Gogeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Broly Dark vs. Towa (Demon God) and Paragus: Xeno
- Broly Dark vs. Goku: Xeno, Towa (Demon God), and Paragus: Xeno
- Broly Dark vs. Mira (Towa Absorbed) vs. Goku: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4)
- Vegeta: Xeno vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Gotenks: Xeno, Vegeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) and Chamel (Demon God) vs. Dark Empire Forces
- Gotenks: Xeno vs. Towa (Demon God) and Mira
- Chamel (Demon God) vs. Salsa (Demon God)
- Gohan: Xeno vs. Putine (Demon God)
- Vegeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Goku: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Gotenks: Xeno vs. Dabura (Demon God)
- Goten: Xeno vs. Dabura (Demon God)
- Gogeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Goten: Xeno (Super Saiyan) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Gohan: Xeno (Super Saiyan) vs. Towa (Demon God), Dabura (Demon God) and Mira
- Chamel (Demon God) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan 3) vs. Dark Empire Forces
- Future Trunks vs. Dark Shenron
|2||"Dark Dragon Ball"|
|4||"The Unknown Cell"|
|5||"Dark Demon God Boo"|
|6||"Time of the Dark Demon Realm's Resurrection"|
|7||"The Fifth Demon God a Man Known as the Grim Reaper"|
|8||"The Dark Giant"|
|9||"The Ultimate Violence that Destroys Everything!!"|
|10||"Everything will be solved in Hell!!"|
|Bonus||"The Masked Warriors"|
- The manga, the animated video game openings and the PV game trailers show events that are similar but not exactly the same.
|Dark Empire Saga|
|← Dark Demon Realm Saga||Prison Planet Saga →|
|2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • Extra 1|