Deep Blue Sea;(ブルー将軍 攻撃開始!!, Buru Shougun Kougeki Kaishi!!; lit. "General Blue; Begins His Attack!!") is the third episode of the General Blue Saga forty-eighth episode in the Dragon Ball series. The episode first aired on January 28, 1987.
After General Blue is given the message, he immediately calls for his men. He then gives the assembled soldiers a speech detailing how they are currently at the crossroads for success and greatness, and that each of the soldiers represents the best the Red Ribbon Army has to offer, that their actions today will determine how that legend will unfold before ordering for them to find the enemy, pluck him out, and let his bones pave the way to the glory of the Red Ribbon Army. Blue then closes by stating that they can fail themselves, but warns them against failing him. Blue then splits his soldiers into two groups. As he will lead Company A to go after Goku, he orders Company B, led by Captain Dark, to invade the base, Kame House. He then uses binoculars and analyzes Goku's attempts to find a Dragon Ball, musing to himself that Goku find it, so he could steal it from him. Eventually, he ends up scolding a soldier for coming up on him from behind and warns that it is very difficult to "sneak up on a General and keep [the soldier's] teeth."
Meanwhile, at the Kame House, Master Roshi is up to his perverted tricks as he shrinks himself, using Bulma's shrink watch. Launch accidentally vacuums the small Roshi, while cleaning the bathroom.
Goku is sent out into the water to try and find the Dragon Ball but to no luck, Bulma then discovers that the Dragon Ball must be in an underwater cave. Krillin then drives the submarine to the underwater cave, and General Blue notices them as they find the cave. The Army fires several torpedoes, which all hit the nearby rocks, as it startles Goku, Krillin, and Bulma. As Krillin drives the machine into the cave, General Blue's gang travel in small submarines and go after them.
- During the scene in Commander Red's office where he and Black are playing chess, Commander Red seemingly moves his queen twice (in a non-deceptive fashion) to checkmate his foe. Moving twice is an illegal move under any circumstance of the game. However, it is possible that Black made his move off-camera.
- The Red Ribbon Army theme song make its debut as an insert song on the Japanese version of this episode while the soldiers were spliting up into two groups.
- The Sea Plane is shown using rocket thrusters in the air and propellors under the sea.
- It is shown in this episode that General Blue's men may not be as evil as the higher-ranking officials, as portrayed when a soldier cringes when General Blue executes a submarine pilot.
- When Goku, Krillin and Bulma escape Blue's submarine via the narrowing tunnel, the submarine isn't visible behind them in one shot, but is in the next.