Dende's Demise (デンデの死... でてこい! とびきり全開パワー, Dende no Shi... Detekoi! Tobikiri Zenkai Pawa) is the ninth episode of the Frieza Saga and the eighty-fourth overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on April 3, 1991. Its original American air date was October 1, 1999.
Having transformed into his final form, Frieza begins the next round by killing Dende, ensuring that nobody will be healed anymore. This act of cruelty greatly angers Krillin, Gohan and Piccolo, and they all attack him at once with a Kamehameha, Masenko, and an Explosive Demon Wave, but are unable to touch him. Frieza, with speed faster than light, fires a similar beam at Gohan, but Vegeta jumps in at the last second and knocks Gohan over, saving his life yet again.
Vegeta then surprises everyone by declaring that with his new strength, he will take on Frieza alone. To prove that he has finally become a Super Saiyan, Vegeta powers up to his maximum power and unleashes everything he has on Frieza. Although he cannot touch him, he seems to have Frieza on the defense. Gohan and Krillin cheer Vegeta on, but Piccolo spoils the celebration by telling them Vegeta is much stronger than before, but still no match for Frieza.
Indeed, as the fight takes off into the air, Frieza dodges an attack from Vegeta, and Vegeta cannot sense where Frieza is, despite Frieza not being too far away from him. Severely hit by the fact that he is not a Super Saiyan after all, Vegeta is stunned with fear.
- Dende is killed by Frieza
- Frieza's Final Form's first appearance
- Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo vs. Frieza (Final form)
- Vegeta vs. Frieza (Final form)
Bruce Falconer tracks
- "Vegeta Powers Up" - When Vegeta powers up against Final Form Frieza.
- In the Remastered Box Sets, this is the final episode to use Nathan Johnson's score during the eyecatchers. From "The Renewed Goku", an excerpt of Bruce Faulconer's score from "Captain Ginyu... The Frog" is used until the Majin Buu arc.