Dragon Ball Fusions (ドラゴンボールフュージョンズ) is a Nintendo 3DS game released in Japan on August 4th, 2016 and was released in North America on November 22nd, 2016, Europe and Australia in 17th of February of 2017. However, North American players who preordered the game from Gamestop, were able to get the game on November 18th, 2016.
In conjunction with the game, Shueisha and their partners will run a contest where entrants can submit their own designs for two Dragon Ball characters fused together, with the winning design(s) to appear in the game, as well as a special “manga project” in Saikyō Jump by Hiroshi OTOKI. Select runners-up will also receive an “Extreme Heroes W (Double) Pack” signed by Masako Nozawa..
Unlike other Dragon Ball games in the franchise, Dragon Ball Fusions doesn't follow the story from the manga or anime. Rather, it revolves around the exploits of the customizable main protagonist Tekka and their friend/rival Pinich who use the Dragon Balls to summon Shenron and wish for the greatest martial arts tournament ever, resulting in the rest of the story to take place.
This wish resulted in the creation of the Timespace Rift, a warped dimension connected to and or containing locations from various eras/timelines and parallel dimensions like Other World. After being sucked into the Timespace Rift after making their wish, they are informed by Bulma about the Timespace Tournament, a contest where fighters from throughout all the Dragon Ball Timelines, come together to fight an see who is the best. However, before the they are able to get to the tournament, they must first make their way through 4 areas connected by Korin's Tower, before the are able to get to it. Bulma gives Tekka Ziku, a robotic Timespace Radar she developed that she believes will help Tekka in their quest and suggests they seek out Goten and Trunks who were also looking for teammates for the tournament.
Pinich leaves Tekka as he considers them to be his rival and goes off in search of his own teammates. Tekka meets Goten and Trunks after Ziku mistakenly leads Tekka to Nappa and Raditz. After teaming up with Goten and Trunks, Tekka fails to find any more allies and returns to the Capsule Corporation when Ziku suddenly detects Goku's ki signature. They track the signature near Goku's House within the rift by do not find him and Ziku informs them that he is in another dimension of time. Ziku instructs Tekka to use the Burst Ki technique to break open a hole in timespace similar to how Gotenks escaped the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. This opens a hole in the fabric of Timespace that causes Kid Goku from the time period when he was still training under Kami to appear in the Timespace Rift, to the shock of Goten and Trunks. After explaining the situation to Goku and his relation to Goten, as well as revealing Trunks to be Bulma's son, Goku decides to join Tekka's Team as he is excited by the idea of fighting in the tournament. They return to Bulma who gets into an argument with Goku when he makes a remark about her age. She then informs Tekka's Team that they have enough members to break the Sky Barrier preventing them from traveling further up Korin's Tower. Before they can break the barrier, they are confronted by Raditz and Nappa. Kid Goku ends up encountering his brother and Raditz recognizes Goku in his child form. Nappa and Raditz then reveal that they had learned how to perform the Fusion Dance via Mimicry after having witnessed Goten and Trunks use it during a previous encounter with the two half-Saiyans. Raditz and Nappa fuse to form Natz, forcing Trunks and Goten to fuse into Gotenks to help Goku and Tekka defeat Natz. After defeat Natz which causing Nappa and Raditz to defuse, Tekka's Team break the Sky Barrier with energy collected during their recent battles.
They eventually arrive in another area of the Timespace Rift that contains King Kai's Planet, Satan City, and portions of Planet Namek. However the climb up Korin's tower leaves them hungry and exhausted, so they decide to rest on King Kai's Planet, where they meet King Kai. King Kai explains more about barriers and the energy required to break them and tells them they must find more allies to increase the amount and types of energy they can utilize. They then travel to Satan City and break down its barrier. In the city Ziku detects another power level coming from a different timeline and Tekka uses Burst Ki to open a portal. This causes Pan from the GT Timeline to appear causing her to accidentally attack Kid Trunks as she was apparently fighting when she sucked into the Timespace Rift. Pan quickly mistakes Kid Goku for the Goku from her Timeline and is shocked to see her Uncle Goten and Trunks as kids.
After explaining the situation and Pan explains her relationship to Goten and Goku, Pan decides to join Tekka's team as she is worried about her grandfather's younger self due to his personality and her view of Kid Trunks being unreliable. During their time in Satan City, they encounter Trunks' sister Bulla from the GT Timeline and his aunt Tights' younger self and assist them in various tasks. After helping Bulla drum up business for the Clothing Shop, she reveals her true identity to Kid Trunks (as she and Pan had previously kept that information to themselves) who is shocked to learn that he will have a little sister in the future. Tights explains that Jaco's future self found her and told her to wait in Satan City. She asks Trunks and the others to help her find some inspiration in order to become a great science fiction author like her future self.
As they are about to leave they are approached by the Ginyu Force who ask for their help in breaking the barrier around Frieza's Spaceship as they believe someone important to them is trapped there. Unaware of the Ginyu Force's evil nature and association with Frieza, they agree to help in exchange for the Ginyu Force teaching them a new technique. They manage to break the barrier but find no one onboard so they return to Satan City to inform Ginyu what they found. Relieved, Ginyu keeps his word and teaches them the Five-Way Fusion dance which allows Tekka's Team to fuse into the powerful Ultra Fusion. After their Ultra Fusion manages to defeat the Ginyu Force single-handily, Goten and Trunks decide to teach the Ginyu Force the Metamoran Fusion Dance as thanks. Ziku then informs them of a powerful ki in the vicinity of Frieza's Spaceship. The Ginyu Force join them in the hopes it is the person they were worried about. Ziku informs them that the signature is in another dimension, causing Tekka to use Burst Ki, accidentally freeing the cocooned Frieza from Earth's Hell following the tyrant's second death at the hands of Goku. Seeing Goku and Trunks, Frieza orders the Ginyu to kill Tekka's Team despite Ginyu's attempt to explain how they helped the Ginyu Force free Frieza. With little alternative but to obey their master, the Ginyu Force confront Tekka's Team. Using the Fusion Dance they learned from Goten and Trunks, Jeice and Guldo fuse into Gulce while Burter and Recoome fuse into Recurter. The two fused Ginyu Force members and Captain Ginyu confront Tekka's Team, but are defeated and forced to flee with Frieza, abandoning Frieza's Spaceship in the process.
Seeing the abandoned Spaceship, Trunks gets the idea to use it and while the rest of Tekka's Team are busy breaking down the second Sky Barrier, Trunks has his mother modify Frieza's Spaceship for the team to use as a mobile base for their team, making traveling around the rift much easier. However they end up crashing into Pinich soon after arriving in the rift's third area. After Tekka manages to wake the knocked out Pinich, they hear the voice of Vegeta admonishing Tekka for his carelessness and are surprised to discover that Vegeta is acting as Pinich's martial arts master to help the young Saiyan become stronger and achieve his Super Saiyan form. After parting ways with Pinich and Vegeta, Tekka's Team decide to travel to nearby Kame House to seek Master Roshi's advice and/or convince him to join them. However Roshi refuses to join their team. Instead he tells them the secrets to recruiting new allies and mentions a pretty female martial artist practicing nearby, whom Tekka's team manage to recruit after defeating her with a Zenkai Attack. After returning to Roshi, he informs them that most of the fighters have gathered at the Cell Games Arena and suggest they search their for more allies. He also tells them that certain fighters may require them to meet certain conditions or complete certain events for them to join their team. He also explains that each of the 5 types of energy is tied to one of the 5 races and in order to obtain different types of Energy they must recruit fighters from different races.
After leaving Master Roshi's, Tekka's team can take part in various sub-events to recruit various fighters from Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu. They can also return to Satan City, where they hear a women scream for help. By investigating the scream, Tekka's team find a young woman being accosted by two men, whom they defeat, only to discover that the woman was Bulla and that she was only pretending to be in trouble in order to attract the attention of an attractive martial artist that Bulla was interested in by having him come in and "save" her. She leaves and tries to continue her damsel-in-distress act behind Orange Star High School, but Tekka's team foil her plans once again when they intervene, causing her to tell Trunks and his friends to stop interfering, or else. However they end up foiling a third attempt, though Bulla reveals she expected they would so she challenges them to a fight with the men who were helping her in her scheme as backup. Trunks is surprised to learn she can fight, causing Bulla to proudly state that the blood of both their Earthling mother and Saiyan father flows through her veins as well. However due to her lack of training, Bulla is defeated. Angry over her lose, she asks Tekka why they keep interfering and calls reason stupid when they reveal they were worried that her screams might be real. However she states that she likes people like Tekka and decides to join up with Tekka and her brother's team.
The timeline is the one where Tekka and Pinich are in. Due to the nature of the game's setting it is hard to tell what exact timeline the game takes place in but it can assume it is near the Dragon Ball Super timeline as it has Goku in his Whis Symbol Gi train Tekka and the same for Pinich with Vegeta. Other than that its placement within the timeline is unclear since all the warriors are from different timelines. Presumably Kid Trunks, Goten, and Bulma originate from the Dragon Ball Super timeline as well, while Kid Goku comes from the time period when he was training under Kami, while Pan and Bulla originate from some point in the GT Timeline.
- Tekka - B Rank
- Pinich (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base: B Rank, SSJ: A Rank
- Kid Goku - B Rank
- Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue) - Base/SSJ: A Rank, SSJ3/SSJ4: S Rank, SSG/SSB: G Rank
- GT Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3) - Base/SSJ/SSJ3: A Rank
- Goku: Turtle Hermit Gi (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3) - Base: A Rank, SSJ/SSJ3: S Rank
- Young Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base/SSJ: B Rank
- Adolescent Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base/SSJ: A Rank
- Great Saiyaman - A Rank
- Piccolo - A Rank
- Nail - C Rank
- Krillin - B Rank
- Yamcha - C Rank
- Tien Shinhan - B Rank
- Chiaotzu - C Rank
- Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4, Super Saiyan Blue) - Base/SSJ: A Rank, SSJ3/SSJ4: S Rank, SSB: G Rank
- Vegeta: (Freiza Army/Sayian Saga Battle Suit) - A Rank
- Vegito (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base/SSJ: S Rank
- Future Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3) - Base/SSJ/SSJ3: A Rank
- Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base/SSJ: B Rank
- Goten (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base/SSJ: B Rank
- Mr. Satan - S Rank
- Videl - C Rank
- Great Saiyaman 2 - C Rank
- Pan - B Rank
- Bulla - C Rank
- Uub - B Rank
- Majuub/Super Uub - A Rank
- Pikkon - B Rank
- Supreme Kai - B Rank
- Kibito Kai - B Rank
- Jaco - B Rank
- Arale - A Rank
- Demon King Piccolo - B Rank
- Raditz - C Rank
- Gine - C Rank
- Bardock (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base/SSJ: A Rank
- Saibamen - C Rank
- Nappa - C Rank
- Dodoria - B Rank
- Zarbon - B Rank
- Guldo - C Rank
- Recoome - B Rank
- Jeice - B Rank
- Burter - B Rank
- Captain Ginyu - B Rank
- Frieza (Final Form, Golden Frieza) - Final/Golden Form: S Rank
- Dr. Gero/Android 20 - B Rank
- Android 19 - B Rank
- Android 18 - B Rank
- Android 17 - B Rank
- Android 16 - B Rank
- Cell (Perfect) - S Rank
- Cell Jr. - C Rank
- Dabura - B Rank
- Majin Buu - A Rank
- Kid Buu - S Rank
- Turles - B Rank
- Cooler (Final Form) - A Rank
- Meta-Cooler - A Rank
- Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3) - LSSJ: A Rank, SSJ3: S Rank
- Super Janemba - A Rank
- Baby - A Rank
- Super 17 - A Rank
- Nuova Shenron - B Rank
- Omega Shenron - A Rank
- Beerus - G Rank
- Whis - G Rank
- Champa - G Rank
- Vados - G Rank
- Botamo - A Rank
- Frost (Final Form) - A Rank
- Magetta - A Rank
- Cabbe - A Rank
- Hit - G Rank
- Towa - A Rank
- Mira - A Rank
DLC Playable Characters
- Vegito (Super Saiyan Blue) - G Rank
- Goku Black (Base, Super Saiyan Rose) - Base/SSR: G Rank
- Fusion Zamasu
- Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super) (Base, Super Saiyan) - Base: A Rank, SSJ: S Rank
Minor playable characters
- Master Roshi
- Grandpa Gohan
- Old Kai
- King Yemma
- World Tournament Announcer
- Grand Elder Guru
- King Kai
The game's protagonist (whose default name in-game is Tekka) is actually a customizable avatar character. The player is able to choose between 5 races; Earthling, Saiyan, Namekian, Offworlder and Alien, and customize their gender, face, hair style, height, skin tone and also colors of their initial outfit. During gameplay, the player can obtain and buy various other outfits too, and they all can receive custom colors.
The race system also is used for the existing characters, with every single one fitting in one of its classifications. The new "Offworlder" race is used by Fusions to group together Majin, Kai and Demon World characters. Androids and Half-Saiyans are classified as Earthlings. Alien groups together various extraterrestrial races that are Burter's race, Dodoria's race, Ginyu's race, Recoome's race and Saibamen.
Various techniques from many different Dragon Ball characters, including ones who aren't in the game, can be obtained later, although some techniques are limited by race and others can only be equipped by fusions. Later in the game, customizable outfits (based on clothing worn by Dragon Ball series characters) can be purchased from the Clothing Shop in Satan City.
The Fusion Dance is used by the playable characters during battle and has limited duration like in the series. They also have new techniques that its component warriors can't use by themselves. However, there are many new pairs here.
- Goten + Trunks = Gotenks
A new Fusion Dance involving 5 warriors at once. Its length seems to be even shorter than the original one, and it's basically a strong finisher attack gameplay-wise. The form that the fusion takes depends entirely on the character that initiates the dance, taking their race, gender and skin color.
Enemy-only Maxi Fusion
via Fusion Dance
After Tekka, and his best friend Pinich, summoned Shenron to create the strongest Budokai in the world, the dragon created a world made of a mixture of different worlds and times from the Dragon Ball universe. Time and space are tangled there, so Tekka can potentially meet and recruit any character from any time in the series, and eventually fuse them thanks to the Metamo-Ring, a mysterious wristband invented by Capsule Corp.
In addition to combining the abilities of both characters, there are techniques that can only be used by fusions. Tekka can use Ex-Fusion alongside any other playable character in the game, although some require special conditions before the ability is unlocked. The following fusions were demonstrated by the game's marketing material.
The other characters have limited fusion combination possibilities among themselves.
- Goku (Turtle Hermit Gi) + Broly = Karoly (Super Saiyan/Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Kid Goku + Krillin = Gorilin
- Kid Gohan + Krillin = Krigohan
- Bardock + Goku (Turtle Hermit Gi) = Baroto
- Videl + Pan = Pandel
- Towa + Gine = Towane
- Kid Gohan + Kid Trunks = EX Gohanks
- Kid Goku + Kid Gohan = Kuhan
- Future Trunks + Vegeta = Vegenks
- Piccolo + Krillin = EX Prillin
- Tien Shinhan + Yamcha = EX Tiencha
- Majin Buu + Mr. Satan = Majin Satan
- Cell + Frieza = Cellza
- Captain Ginyu + Great Saiyaman = Ginyuman
- Arale + Towa = Towale
- Pan + Bulla = Brapan
- Yamcha + Vegeta (Freiza Army Battle Suit) = Yamta
- Beerus + Whis = Beerusis
- Great Saiyaman + Great Saiyawoman = Great Saiyaman #12
- Burter + Jeice = Burce
- Tien + Chiaotzu = Chiaohan
- Goku (Turtle Hermit Gi) + Vegeta (Freiza Army Battle Suit) = EX Gogeta
- Turles + Raditz = Tutz
- Goten + Trunks = EX Gotenks
- Recoome + Guldo = Reguldo
- Future Trunks + Jaco = Janks
- Chiaotzu + Saibaman = Chiaoman
- Dabura + Mira = Damira (Super Mira)
- Dodoria + Zarbon = Dodobon (Monster Form)
- Piccolo + Adolescent Gohan = Colohan
- Kid Buu + Janemba = Janembuu (Pure Majin)
- Cell + Android 17 = Cell 17
- Arale + Android 18 = Arale 18
- Cell + Android 16 = Perfect 16
- Android 16 + Android 17 = 1617
- Android 17 + Android 18 = 1718
- Android 19 + Dr. Gero = 1920
- Piccolo + Pikkon = Piccohan
- Goku (Turtle Hermit Gi) + Nuova Shenron = Sushinku
- Piccolo + Kibito Kai = Kibicoloshin
- King Piccolo + Dabura = Demon King Daccolo
- Frieza + Cooler = Fooler
- Captain Ginyu + Frieza = Ginyuza
- Great Saiyaman + Jaco = Great Jaco
- Kibito Kai + Beerus = Kibeerusshin
- Chiaotzu + Guldo = Chiaoldo
- Raditz + Nappa = Rappa
- Pinich + Vegeta (Freiza Army Battle Suit) = Pinita
- Broly + Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) = Karoly Black (Legendary Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Rosé)
- Kid Trunks + Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super) = EX Trunks
- Kid Goku + Zamasu = Gomasu (by Update)
EX Fusions (Minor characters)
- Android 33 + Gaury = Android Gaury 33
- Android 44 + Fuki = Android Fuki 44
- Android 44 + Kuwabara = Android Kuwabara 44
- Android 55 + Wabisa = Android Wabisa 55
- Android 55 + Buiyan = Android Buiyan 55
- Android 76 + Zalts = Android Zalts 76
- Unknown + Unknown = Butorenu
- Peperon + Pipima = Pipiron
QR Code Fusions
These Fusions join as standalone characters. They can't be undone and they can be used right alongside their component characters. In Future Gohanks' and Taks' cases, one of their components isn't even in the game by themselves (Future Gohan and Tapion).
Freeform FusionsThis is a special fusion using the 3DS' Streetpass feature. The player needs to activate the Streetpass feature and choose a character, leaving the system in rest mode afterwards. Then, they need to cross pathes with another player who also has chosen a character for it - the result will be a fusion that even surpasses EX Fusion in freedom - not constrained by any limits.
These fusions are always named "KF" followed by name of the character chosen by the player, with "KF" standing for Katteni(Arbitrary) Fusion (勝手にフュージョン Katteni Fyūjon).
A Japanese limited edition bundle will also be released, which includes a New Nintendo 3DS, two limited edition faceplates and the game itself.
Along with the bundle information, Bandai Namco has released details on what’s in store for those who pre-order the title, or get their hands on a first-print copy of the game. The bonus will be a download code for a Super Saiyan Blue Goku that you can get as a starting character in your party, and a “Gohanks:EX” battle card to use in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- This is the first video game appearance of Prillin, an hypothetical fusion originally drawn by Akira Toriyama for the Shonen Jump magazine.
- Counting fusions and the game original characters, this game has been confirmed to have 1013 playable characters. The biggest character roster in any Dragon Ball game to date, beating the likes of Dragon Ball Heroes and Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
- Kid Goku calls Korin the nickname "Whiskers" which may be a reference to the Gold Harmony dub where Korin was called 'Whiskers the Wonder Cat'.
- ↑ http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/dragon-ball-fusions/136108?loc=b2g1_title
- ↑ 
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/21/dragon-ball-fusions-3ds-second-major-update-patch-releasing-november-2-with-new-characters-fusions/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/11/19/dragon-ball-fusions-3ds-version-2-2-0-december-update-brings-new-characters-online-story-quest/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOfWzU9-jKA&feature=youtu.be&t=382
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 http://www.db-z.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Dragon-Ball-Project-Fusion-Pirilin-Gorilin-Krigohan.jpg
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 http://i.imgur.com/OpMtYoV.jpg
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/745977664662560768/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- ↑ Dragon Ball Fusions commercial
- ↑ 
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 http://i.imgur.com/EKOu3Uo.jpg
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 
- ↑ https://twitter.com/daikai6/status/760134591550099457
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Po32KbxawI
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 23.00 23.01 23.02 23.03 23.04 23.05 23.06 23.07 23.08 23.09 23.10 23.11 23.12 23.13 23.14 http://enjoi7.sakura.ne.jp/3ds_dbpf/charazukan_ex.html
- ↑ https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69j4Vchsu-Lhcx6
- ↑ http://i.imgur.com/Ha7ZR0z.jpg
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://dbpf.bn-ent.net/special/blog/?p=248
- ↑ 
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found