Dragon Ball Fusions (ドラゴンボールフュージョンズ) is a Nintendo 3DS game released in Japan on August 4th, 2016 and will be released in North America on December 13th, 2016, Europe and Australia in February of 2017.
In conjunction with the game, Shueisha and their partners will run a contest where entrants can submit their own designs for two Dragon Ball characters fused together, with the winning design(s) to appear in the game, as well as a special “manga project” in Saikyō Jump by Hiroshi OTOKI. Select runners-up will also receive an “Extreme Heroes W (Double) Pack” signed by Masako Nozawa.
- Pinich (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Kid Goku
- Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue)
- GT Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Goku: Turtle Gi (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Young Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Adolescent Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Great Saiyaman
- Tien Shinhan
- Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4, Super Saiyan Blue)
- Vegeta: Freeza Army Armor
- Vegito (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Future Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super)
- Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Mr. Satan
- Great Saiyawoman
- Supreme Kai
- Kibito Kai
- King Piccolo
- Bardock (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Captain Ginyu
- Frieza (Final Form, Golden Frieza)
- Dr. Gero
- Android 19
- Android 18
- Android 17
- Android 16
- Cell (Perfect)
- Cell Jr.
- Majin Buu
- Kid Buu
- Cooler (Final Form)
- Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Super Janemba
- Super 17
- Nuova Shenron
- Omega Shenron
- Frost (Final Form)
- Goku Black (Base, Super Saiyan Rose)
Minor playable characters
The game's protagonist (whose default name in the Japanese marketing was Tekka) is actually a customizable avatar character. The player is able to choose between 5 races - earthling, Saiyan, Namekian, Offworlder and Alien, and customize their gender, face, hair style, height and also colors of their initial outfit. During gameplay, the player can obtain and buy various other outfits too, and they all can receive custom colors.
The race system also is used for the existing characters, with every single one fitting in one of its classifications. The new "offworlder" race is used by Fusions to group together Majin, Kai and Demon World characters. Androids and Half-Saiyans are classified as Earthlings.
Various techniques from many different Dragonball characters, including ones who aren't in the game, can be obtained later, although some techniques are limited by race and others can only be equipped by fusions.
The Fusion Dance is used by the playable characters during battle and has limited duration like in the series. They also have new techniques that its component warriors can't use by themselves. However, there are many new pairs here.
A new Fusion Dance involving 5 warriors at once. Its length seems to be even shorter than the original one, and it's basically a strong finisher attack gameplay-wise. The form that the fusion takes depends entirely on the character that initiates the dance, taking their race, gender and skin color.
Enemy-only Maxi Fusion
via Fusion Dance
After Tekka, and his best friend Pinich, summoned Shenron to create the strongest Budokai in the world, the dragon created a world made of a mixture of different worlds and times from the Dragon Ball universe. Time and space are tangled there, so Tekka can potentially meet and recruit any character from any time in the series, and eventually fuse them thanks to the Metamo-Ring, a mysterious wristband invented by Capsule Corp.
In addition to combining the abilities of both characters, there are techniques that can only be used by fusions. Tekka can use Ex-Fusion alongside any other playable character in the game, although some require special conditions before the ability is unlocked. The following fusions were demonstrated by the game's marketing material.
The other characters have limited fusion combination possibilities among themselves.
- Kid Goku + Krillin = Gorilin
- Kid Gohan + Krillin = Krigohan
- Bardock + Goku = Baroto
- Videl + Pan = Pandel
- Towa + Gine = Towane
- Kid Gohan + Kid Trunks = EX Gohanks
- Goku + Gohan = Kuhan
- Future Trunks + Vegeta = Vegenks
- Piccolo + Krillin = EX Prillin
- Tien Shinhan + Yamcha = EX Tiencha
- Majin Buu + Mr. Satan = Majin Satan
- Cell + Frieza = Cellza
- Captain Ginyu + Great Saiyaman = Ginyuman
- Arale + Towa = Towale
- Pan + Bulla = Brapan
- Yamcha + Vegeta = Yamta
- Beerus + Whis = Beerusis
- Great Saiyaman + Great Saiyawoman = Great Saiyaman #12
- Burter + Jeice = Burce
- Tien + Chiaotzu = Chiaohan
- Goku + Vegeta = EX Gogeta
- Turles + Raditz = Tutz
- Goten + Trunks = EX Gotenks
- Recoome + Guldo = Reguldo
- Future Trunks + Jaco = Janks
- Chiaotzu + Saibaman = Chiaoman
- Dabura + Mira = Damira (Super Mira)
- Dodoria + Zarbon = Dodobon (Monster Form)
- Piccolo + Gohan = Colohan
- Kid Buu + Janemba = Janembuu (Pure Majin)
- Cell + Android 17 = Cell 17
- Arale + Android 18 = Arale 18
- Cell + Android 16 = Perfect 16
- Android 16 + Android 17 = 1617
- Android 17 + Android 18 = 1718
- Android 19 + Dr. Gero = 1920
- Piccolo + Pikkon = Piccohan
- Goku + Nuova Shenron = Sushinku
- Piccolo + Kibito Kai = Kibicoloshin
- King Piccolo + Dabura = Demon King Daccolo
- Frieza + Cooler = Fooler
- Captain Ginyu + Frieza = Ginyuza
- Great Saiyaman + Jaco = Great Jaco
- Kibito Kai + Beerus = Kibeerusshin
- Chiaotzu + Guldo = Chiaoldo
- Raditz + Nappa = Rappa
- Pinich + Vegeta = Pinita
- Broly + Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rose) = Karoly Black (Legendary Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Rose)
- Kid Trunks + Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super) + EX Trunks
EX Fusions (Minor characters)
- Android 33 + Gaury = Android Gaury 33
- Android 44 + Fuki = Android Fuki 44
- Android 44 + Kuwabara = Android Kuwabara 44
- Android 55 + Wabisa = Android Wabisa 55
- Android 55 + Buiyan = Android Buiyan 55
- Android 76 + Zalts = Android Zalts 76
- Unknown + Unknown = Butorenu
- Peperon + Pipima = Pipiron
QR Code Fusions
These Fusions join as standalone characters. They can't be undone and they can be used right alongside their component characters. In Future Gohanks' and Taks' cases, one of their components isn't even in the game by themselves (Future Gohan and Tapion).
Arbitrary FusionsThis is a special fusion using the 3ds' Streetpass feature. The player needs to activate the Streetpass feature and choose a character, leaving the system in rest mode afterwards. Then, they need to cross pathes with another player who also has chosen a character for it - the result will be a fusion that even surpasses EX Fusion in freedom - not constrained by any limits.
These fusions are always named "KF" followed by name of the character chosen by the player, with "KF" standing for Katteni(Arbitrary) Fusion (勝手にフュージョン Katteni Fyūjon).
A Japanese limited edition bundle will also be released, which includes a New Nintendo 3DS, two limited edition faceplates and the game itself.
Along with the bundle information, Bandai Namco has released details on what’s in store for those who pre-order the title, or get their hands on a first-print copy of the game. The bonus will be a download code for a Super Saiyan Blue Goku that you can get as a starting character in your party, and a “Gohanks:EX” battle card to use in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- This is the first video game appearance of Prillin, an hypothetical fusion originally drawn by Akira Toriyama for the Shonen Jump magazine.
- Counting fusions and the game original characters, this game has been confirmed to have 1013 playable characters. The biggest character roster in any Dragon Ball game to date, beating the likes of Dragon Ball Heroes and Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/21/dragon-ball-fusions-3ds-second-major-update-patch-releasing-november-2-with-new-characters-fusions/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOfWzU9-jKA&feature=youtu.be&t=382
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 http://www.db-z.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Dragon-Ball-Project-Fusion-Pirilin-Gorilin-Krigohan.jpg
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 http://i.imgur.com/OpMtYoV.jpg
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/745977664662560768/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- ↑ Dragon Ball Fusions commercial
- ↑ 
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 http://i.imgur.com/EKOu3Uo.jpg
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 
- ↑ https://twitter.com/daikai6/status/760134591550099457
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Po32KbxawI
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 21.00 21.01 21.02 21.03 21.04 21.05 21.06 21.07 21.08 21.09 21.10 21.11 21.12 21.13 21.14 http://enjoi7.sakura.ne.jp/3ds_dbpf/charazukan_ex.html
- ↑ http://i.imgur.com/Ha7ZR0z.jpg
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://dbpf.bn-ent.net/special/blog/?p=248
- ↑