Dragon Ball Heroes (ドラゴンボール ヒーローズ, Doragon Bōru Hirozu) is a Japanese arcade game developed by Dimps, as the sixth Dragon Ball Z: Data Carddass game. Announced on October 21, 2010, and released on November 11, 2010, the game allows the usage of many characters from the Dragon Ball series, as well as characters new to the series.
The game has a portage for Nintendo 3DS called Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission, Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2, as well as a manga Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission and Dragon Ball Heroes: Charisma Mission.
Starting from the God Missions, Dragon Ball Heroes began implementing story arcs. So far, there have been two overarching original story arcs: the Dark Demon Realm Saga and the Assault on the Hell Gate Saga
Main article: Dragon Ball Heroes/Cards There are general themes for each set of cards. The game offers missions to complete based on the themes from each set. Many of the characters have complete alternate skins determined by the character card used, for example Yamcha can appear with his teenage look or his Majin Buu Saga outfit.
Typically each set introduces a new theme and includes cards from the previous theme; the first set of cards features the Red Ribbon Androids, while the second set features the Red Ribbon Androids and the Galaxy Soldiers, the third set features the Galaxy Soldiers and Majin Buu, the fourth set features Majin Buu and the Galactic Frieza Army, the fifth set features the Galactic Frieza Army and Lord Slug's clan, the sixth set features Lord Slug's clan and Super Buu, the seventh set features Super Buu and Broly, and the eighth set features Broly and Tapion. With the launch of the Galaxy Missions on March 22, 2012, the ninth set features characters from all previous sets and introduces Dragon Ball GT characters, the tenth and eleventh sets (GM2 and GM3) feature characters from the Baby Saga of GT and from the movie Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn, the twelfth set (GM4) features characters from the Baby Saga and from the movie Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might, the thirteenth set (GM5) features characters from The Tree of Might, from the TV special Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks, and from the end of the Baby Saga, the fourteenth set (GM6) features the Galactic Frieza Army (with characters from the TV special Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku included), the fifteenth set (GM7) features the Galactic Frieza Army and characters from the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, the sixteenth set (GM8) features Garlic Jr. and his men from the movie Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone, the seventeenth set (GM9) features the Spice Boys and Super 17, the eighteenth set (GM10) features characters from the OVA Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans. With the launch of the Jaaku Missions on November 2013, the nineteenth set features characters from Dragon Ball, the Red Ribbon Army General Blue, and the Shadow Dragon Oceanus Shenron, the twentieth set (JM2) features the Shadow Dragon Haze Shenron and characters from Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler, the twenty-first set (JM3) focuses on Majin Buu's birth (tying in with the airing of the Majin Buu arc of Dragon Ball Kai on Japanese TV), the twenty-second set (JM4) features the Neko Majins and Eis Shenron, the twenty-third set (JM5) features Dragon Ball Z movie villains controlled by Babidi's magic and Naturon Shenron, the twenty-fourth set (JM6) features characters from the movie Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest as well as Nuova Shenron and Xeno Trunks, the twenty-fifth set (JM7) features Super Saiyan 4 Broly and Rage Shenron as well as Super Pikkon, the twenty-sixth set (JM8) features the likes of Syn Shenron and Gogeta (in Golden Great Ape and Super Saiyan 4 forms). In March 2015, the God Mission series was launched, it features characters from Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!, Dragon Ball Online, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ and Dragon Ball Super.
Each set of cards, except the first, includes one or two secret cards. Those secret cards are Hatchiyack in the second set, Super Saiyan 3 Teen Trunks in the third set, Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta in the fourth set, Super Saiyan Bardock in the fifth set, Chilled in the sixth set, Bio-Broly and a transformation card for Super Saiyan Broly in the seventh set, Super Saiyan 3 Broly in the eighth set, Super Saiyan 3 GT Trunks in the ninth set (GM1), Baby in the tenth set (GM2), a transformation card for Baby in the eleventh set (GM3), Baby Janemba in the twelfth set (GM4; the first chapter of the Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission manga was published in V-Jump to introduce this character), Super Saiyan 4 Goku and a Dimensional Transfer card for Dr. Myuu to summon Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta in the thirteenth set (GM5), a Great Ape-transformation card for Super Saiyan Bardock in the fourteenth set (GM6), Super Saiyan 3 GT Vegeta in the fifteenth set (GM7), King Piccolo and a Dimensional Transfer card for Super Saiyan God Goku to summon Beerus in the sixteenth set (GM8), Super 17 w/ Cell absorbed in the seventeenth set (GM9), Super Hatchiyack and Super Saiyan 3 Broly in the eighteenth set (GM10), Oceanus Shenron in her Shadow Dragon form in the nineteenth set (JM1), Kuriza and Super Saiyan 2 Bardock in the twentieth set (JM2), Buu w/ Kibito Kai absorbed and a Dimensional Transfer card for Super Saiyan 4 Goku to summon Black Smoke Shenron in the twenty-first set (JM3), Dimensional Transfer cards for Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta to summon Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Neko Majin Mix to summon Super Saiyan 3 Goku in the twenty-second set (JM4), Super Saiyan 3 Majin Broly and Buu w/ Babidi absorbed in the twenty-third set (JM5). Super Saiyan 4 Goku to summon Nuova Shenron and Giant Form Teen Piccolo, in the twenty-fourth set. A double transformation card for Broly and a double transformation card for GT Goku is within the twenty-fifth set (JM7). A transformation card of Syn Shenron into Omega Shenron and Super Saiyan 3 Broly into his green Oozaru form is within the twenty-seventh set (JM8). Masked Saiyan card and Revived Frieza to summon either Tagoma or Sorbet card is within the twenty-eighth set (GDM1). Great Ape Masked Saiyan and Mira card are within the twenty-ninth set (GDM2). Super Mira and Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Bardock are within the thirtieth set (GDM3). Xeno Dabura and Tarble are within the thirtienth-first set (GDM4). Super 17 with Android 18 absorbed and Darkness Towa are within the thirtieth-second set (GDM5). Super Saiyan 4 Full Power Broly and Baby Hatchiyack are within the thirtieth-third set (GDM6). Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Gotenks and Demigra are within in the thirtieth-fourth set (GDM7). Tapion (release of Hirudegarn) and Demon God Demigra are within in the thirtieth-fifth set (GDM8).
The player can use an avatar as playable character, for which they can determine the name. Different races are playable, each divided in three classes: Hero Type, Elite Type (unlocked at Level 8 or higher), and Berserker Type (unlocked at Level 12 or higher).
A series of short trailers featuring new animation have been released to promote the game. Each one offers a very short around 1 minute, standalone plot with the main promotional character featured as a protagonist in these commercials. Note that the seventh Mission (M7) did not have a trailer due to unknown reasons. Galaxy Mission 7 (GM7) and God Mission 2 (GDM2) also did not have a trailer due to the release of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F, respectively.
- Sets 1-8 Mission promo (7 trailers)
The very first trailer for Dragon Ball Heroes shows a human boy running to the nearest arcade game and inserting a Capsule Corporation card into it, along with some other playable characters cards. Future Trunks, from inside the game, notes his presence and talks to the boy. The boy then gets sucked into the game. Upon arriving, to the protagonist's surprise, he has become a Dragon Ball character, having grown a Saiyan tail and getting a fighting outfit. Here, he meets Future Trunks, Super Saiyan Goku, and two other mysterious characters also with Saiyan tails (the Saiyan "Elite" and the Saiyan "Berserker"), who are all busy fighting Perfect Cell and his Cell Juniors. Goku does battle with Cell, but gets blasted away. Cell approaches and the boy tries to attacks, but gets thrown aside. Goku and the boy then join forces and launch a Kamehameha at the over-confident Cell.
In the second trailer, Majin Buu is playing with the Four-Star Dragon Ball, he then tranforms the people from a city into candies and suck them into his mouth, but Beat arrives and kicks him in the stomach, saving the people and rescuing the four-star dragon ball. Majin Buu gets angry and from inside his body, another avatar hero appears and waves to him negatively. Majin Buu and Future Trunks engage in a battle, and when Majin Buu got an opportunity, he eats the people. Future Trunks sees this and starts to get angry, transforming into a Super Saiyan 3. Ready to end the battle, Future Trunks steps between Buu and the Majin "Hero", and uses his sword to send the Majin skyward. Up above, the boy powers up an attack in one hand while holding the Four-Star Dragon Ball in the other and from below, Future Trunks powers up a Heat Dome Attack before launching their attacks at Buu at the same time.
In the third trailer Frieza is battling Super Saiyan Goku, suddenly the boy and a similar looking Female Heroine arrive using Time Machines (similar to the one used by Future Trunks), and ignore the battle to infiltrate Frieza's ship immediately, Frieza goes after them but Goku stops him. They two make their way through the ship's corridors and defeat all of Frieza's soldiers remaining inside the ship. Once they arrive at the control room, they attempt to destroy it, but are interrupted by Frieza who just smashed in the ceiling. Frieza takes aim at the children, but is faced with Goku once again when he steps between them. The kids get back up and take out the two soldiers that were in the control room, before charging at an angered Frieza himself along with Super Saiyan Goku.
In the fourth trailer takes placed on an unnamed planet that is home to purple mushroom-headed aliens. One of the mushroom kids throws a rock at the Frieza's race Hero Froze, having confused him with the tyrant Frieza himself. The "Hero" ignores this and continues walking as the screen changes to Lord Slug and his minions. They begin to attack the planet and its people, with Slug going as far as transforming into his Great Namek form and trashing the city. Goku and the boy arrive, and begin to combat the threat, with Goku taking care of Angila on his way to fight the giant and the boy defeating Medamatcha. Wings defeats a mushroom father, and starts attacking the mushroom kid who threw the rock earlier when the Freeza's race "Hero" steps in and dispatches of Wings and the soldiers. Goku and the boy team up to blind Slug with Ki Blasts, and the member of Frieza's race brings Slug to his knees with a Death Wave.
In the fifth trailer, Super Buu (w/ Gohan absorbed) appears flying at a high speed, Goku teleports to next to Vegeta and offers him a Potara earring, Vegeta gets angry and refuses right away. All the heroes avatars are facing off against Super Buu, they combine to attack everyone at the same time but Super Buu can hold his own against all of them. Goku once again tries to offer the Potara earring when he notes the heroes are in danger, Vegeta accepts and the fusion is succesfully done. Vegito appears and transforms into Super Saiyan and starts a fight against Super Buu, throwing him into the rocks, Beat launches his Kamehameha and hits the opponent, Super Buu then gets furious and gives back a powerful energy but another hero shows up and takes the energy, falling down to the grounds, Beat tries to help him and gets extremely irritated, he starts to power up and his hair slowly begins to turn gold.
In the sixth trailer, Goku confront the Legendary Super Saiyan Broly. Beat appears but is sent away by Broly, he then focuses on Goku and, after a few minor clashes, he manages to grab Goku's head and slam him into the side of a building. The boy, seeing Goku trapped, tries to attack Broly but is swatted aside. Broly pummels Goku and manages to knock him out of his Super Saiyan form. As the boy attempts to return to the battle, Goku yells at him, telling him to stay back. Unable to stand watching the beating, the young hero becomes enraged and transforms into a Super Saiyan. The newly transformed Super Saiyan charges Broly, but he is still unable to land an effective blow. He is easily swatted aside again and sent hurling towards the ground by a Ki Blast. With Broly distracted, Goku teleports to the ground below and catches the child before the impact. Goku puts the child back down on his feet and they both power up as Super Saiyans, and they charge at Broly. The three Saiyans clash, and the landscape is blown away by a huge series of explosions.
In the eighth trailer, occurring inside the arcade game, Beat, Super Saiyan Goku, Goten and Trunks are facing Hirudegarn. Beat transforms into a Super Saiyan. In the animated version, only Goku and Beat are facing the giant monster. The trailer then gets back to the in-game, Trunks and Goten also transform into Super Saiyans and everybody engages in a battle against Hirudegarn. The monster unleashes a flame thrower from his mouth, sending Beat away. In the animated version, a Namekian hero appears to help, inside the game, he summons Great Ape Vegeta. In both in-game and animated versions, Broly in his Legendary Super Saiyan form appears and joins the fight. Goku charges a Kamehameha and Broly starts to transform, reaching the Super Saiyan 3 level.
- Sets 1-10 Galaxy Mission promo (9 trailers)
In the very first Galaxy Mission trailer, we see the young boy in the real world, running up to the arcade game. A robot similar to Giru appears in front of the machine and goes on the boy's shoulder. After sticking his Hero license (data card) into the game's slot, the boy is teleported into the Grand Tour spaceship where GT Goku, Pan, and Trunks are and appears with new avatar clothes. The ship then takes off from Capsule Corporation and crash-lands on Planet Luud. There, Dr. Myuu and Hyper Meta-Rilldo wait with one of the Black Star Dragon Balls. Then, the gang confronts the giant Luud. The Hero transforms into a Super Saiyan and he, Goku, Trunks charge and fire their Kamehameha to finish the giant Machine Mutant.
The trailer is missing, but a TV commercial shows Goku and Vegeta performing the fusion dance, resulting in the appearance of Super Saiyan Gogeta.
In the third trailer, the boy, the robot, Pan, Trunks, and Goku come back to Earth and confront Baby infected Gohan and Goten, as well as Baby Vegeta. Pan goes up to greet her father and uncle, but soon Goten attacks Pan. The robot transforms into his defense mode and blocks incoming ki attacks from Gohan and Goten. Baby Vegeta appears soon after, and Goku and Trunks fight Goten and Gohan. The Saiyan Hero blasts Baby Vegeta, he is shocked that he missed. Baby Vegeta knees the Hero in the gut, punches Goku in the face, and kicks Trunks. The Saiyan Hero, Goku and Trunks then transform into Super Saiyans and continue their battle against Baby Vegeta and his men.
The fourth trailer is divided in two parts. In the first part, roots of the Tree of Might have invaded a city on the coast. While flying above the city, Goku, Gohan, the robot in attack mode, and the Saiyan Heroine meet Turles in mid-air. Turles snaps his fingers, and the Turles Crusher Corps. appears behind him. Gohan battles Rasin and Lakasei, the girl fights with Daiz, the robot battles Cacao, and Goku fights with Amond. When Goku blasts Cacao away, Turles appears in front of him, holding Gohan by the head, making him look at his Power Ball and transform into a Great Ape. The second part shows GT Goku fighting with Baby Vegeta. Baby Vegeta blocks all his punches, headbutts him, and kicks him to the ground. While lying on the ground, Goku looks at the Earth and begins to transform into a Golden Great Ape. The end of the trailer shows the Saiyan Heroine and the Saiyan Hero both turning Super Saiyan to face, respectively, the Great Ape and the Golden Great Ape.
In the fifth trailer, it shows the Hero transported to New Planet Plant during the battle between Super Saiyan Goku and Super Baby Vegeta 2. The Baby infected Trunks confront the Hero with the Baby infected Goten, Gohan, and Videl. They fire energy blasts at him, but the Hero emerges from the smoke as a Super Saiyan and defeats them. Injured during the battle, Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan 3 and attacks Super Baby Vegeta 2. Soon, the Super Saiyan Hero arrives to help Goku but Super Baby Vegeta 2 punches him to the ground. Goku fires Full Power Energy Blast Volley at Super Baby Vegeta 2, who then transfroms into a Golden Great Ape. Great Ape Baby tries to step on the Hero, but Super Saiyan 3 Goku stops his foot, transforms into a Super Saiyan 4, and beats him back. The trailer ends when Super Saiyan 4 Goku and the Super Saiyan Hero rush towards Great Ape Baby.
In the sixth trailer, shows the Hero approaching Frieza's spaceship while Frieza's soldiers emerge from it. Bardock flies to the soldiers while they fire energy blasts at him and he defeats them one after another, which angers Frieza. Goku, the Heroine, and the robot in attack mode join the Hero, and the Heroine then flies and attacks the soldiers, soon followed by Goku. She defeats a few before one of the soldiers hits her with an energy wave. Goku catches her while she falls down, and then Dodoria appears on their way. The robot fires his missiles at Dodoria, which allows Goku and the Heroine to flee. When the smoke clears, the Hero appears in front of Dodoria and turns Super Saiyan. He dodges all of Dodoria's attacks, and then kicks Dodoria away. Zarbon then appears and kicks the Hero from behind. The Hero angrily attacks Zarbon, and then fires an energy blast at him. Meanwhile, Bardock faces Frieza who prepares a Supernova to destroy Planet Vegeta. Bardock charges a Riot Javelin, and Goku asks the Hero to help Bardock. The Hero charges a Kamehameha and fires it at Frieza's Supernova with Bardock's Riot Javelin.
In the eighth trailer, Goku, Beat and Tsumuri arrive at Garlic Jr.'s fortress and face Garlic Jr. and his men, who have kidnapped kid Gohan. Soon, Garlic Jr. turns into his Super form and a lot of the other movie villains join the battle: Great Namek Lord Slug, Turles, Super Android 13, Bojack, Cooler, and Legendary Super Saiyan Broly. While Beerus watches from above the fortress, Goku and Beat turn into Super Saiyans, and them and Tsumuri then rush towards their opponents.
In the ninth trailer (GM9 trailer) features the Hell Fighter 17 and Android 17 opening a portal between Hell and Earth, and fusing into Super 17. Frieza, Cell, and General Rilldo escape and join in the fight against Beat, Super Saiyan 3 GT Vegeta and GT Goku. When Super 17 prepares to attack the heroes again, a Time Machine appears with Super Saiyan 3 Future Gohan and Super Saiyan 3 Future Trunks who arrive to help the heroes. However, everyone stops in their tracks when they notice the Android avatars floating above the battlefield.
In the tenth trailer, the Saiyan Hero joins Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Future Trunks, Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan on the Dark Planet. Dr. Gero, Dr. Raichi, and Dr. Myuu send Ghost Warrior versions of Turles, Cell, Super 17, Frieza, and Cooler after them. Super Saiyan 3 Goku battles Super 17, Super Saiyan 2 Gohan fights Turles, Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta confronts Cooler, Super Saiyan 3 Trunks encounters Cell and the Hero Avatar against Frieza. After the Ghost Warriors and the evil scientists are defeated, the super computer Hatchiyack absorbs power of hate, materializes into a powerful warrior, and attacks the heroes. Soon, Hatchiyack grows into his giant form and fires a Revenger Cannon at the heroes.
- Set 1-8 Jaaku Mission promo (8 trailers)
In the very first trailer, Black Smoke Shenron appears in the Dragon Ball Hero universe. In the real world, the boy and three other kids are running to the arcade and then transported into the game's universe. There, they appear as the Saiyan Hero, the Majin Hero, the Frieza's race Berserker, and the Android Elite. Just as they move to help Goten and Trunks against Black Smoke Shenron, the giant dragon splits into individual Shadow Dragons. Oceanus Shenron appears, blocks their attack with her Invisible Forcefield, and sends them away using her Air Shattering Energy Balls. Goten and Trunks then fuse into Gotenks and attacks the Shadow Dragon of Water and Wind again, but Oceanus Shenron blocks all the energy blasts and counterattacks with her Whirlwind Spin. Super Saiyan 4 Goku soon joins the battle along with the Android Berserker, the Namekian Berserker, the Majin Berserker, and the Saiyan Heroine. Gotenks turns Super Saiyan and he, Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and the many playable avatars then charge towards Oceanus Shenron.
The second trailer, it features Beat and Note following the smoke that will become Haze Shenron, when they notice the Big Gete Star's arrival on Earth. Frieza and King Cold are atop the machine and command the Cyclopian Guards to attack. When it looks like the robots are going to get overpowered by the two kids in their base form, Frieza calls for an army of Meta-Coolers. Super Saiyan 3 Adult Gotenks arrives and destroys the remaining Cyclopian Guards. His attack, while wiping out the robots, reveals Meta-Cooler Core inside the spaceship. Before anyone can make a move though, Haze Shenron appears and spreads his poison towards the fighters on the Big Gete Star.
The third trailer, it features Vegeta, Goku and the Southern Supreme Kai facing Kid Buu, soon joined by the Saiyan Heroine and Hero, while the Black Smoke Shenron watches over the battle. The Saiyans go Super Saiyan, and they and the Southern Supreme Kai attack Buu one after another. Buu regenerates from their attacks and absorbs the Southern Supreme Kai, thus transforming into his buff form. He becomes even more difficult to deal with and takes the Saiyan Heroine, Goku and Vegeta out of the battle. The Saiyan Hero transforms into Super Saiyan 3, and he stalls Buu long enough for Goku and Vegeta to use the Potara Fusion. The two Z Fighters form Vegito, who appears as a Super Saiyan 3, and he and the Saiyan Hero then charge towards Buu.
In the fourth trailer, the Saiyan Hero and the Saiyan Heroine arrive at a World Martial Arts Tournament where are the Z Fighters (including GT Goku, GT Vegeta, GT Gohan, GT Trunks, GT Goten, Chi-Chi, Bulma, Videl, Pan, Piccolo, Krillin, Android 18, Mr. Satan, Master Roshi, Yamcha, and Oolong), Master Shen and his Crane School (Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu), the Android Hero with Red Ribbon Androids (Android 16, Android 15, Android 14, and Android 13), and Babidi's forces (Yamu, Spopovich, Dabura, Pui Pui, and Babidi). GT Vegeta, the Saiyan Hero, and GT Trunks face the Saiyan Heroine, GT Goten and GT Goku, the Crane School faces the Androids, and Babidi's forces faces Satan's team (Mr. Satan, Mr. Buu, Pan, Android 18, and Krillin) when Black Smoke Shenron appears and releases Eis Shenron. Eis Shenron fires a Ki Blast down to the ring. The Z Fighters are able to dodge, but not Oolong, Roshi, and Bulma. When Vegeta sees that Eis Shenron's blast injured Bulma, he gets angry and becomes a Super Saiyan 4. Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Adult Gotenks, as well as the Super Saiyan 3 Hero and Heroine then come to assist Vegeta.
In the fifth trailer, the Saiyan Hero, the Saiyan Heroine, and Vegito arrive at the location of Babidi's spaceship, where they find Super Buu arguing with Babidi. When he sees the heroes, Babidi summons the Kings of Destruction, who are fighting evenly with the heroes until they are absorbed by Super Buu. Inside Buu, Super Buu appears as a giant compared to the heroes. Just then, the only two heroes still conscious of themselves, Goku and Vegeta, who have split from Vegito, use the Fusion Dance to form Super Saiyan 2 Gogeta, just after Super Buu destroys their Potara Earrings and starts to attack them.
In the sixth trailer, GT Kid Goku, GT Vegeta, GT Gohan, Beat, and Note all chase after the Four Star Shadow Dragon; Nouva Shenron across the sky of planet Earth. Nouva Shenron suddenly disappears much to the surprise of the heroes. A Time Machine belonging to Xeno Trunks arrives in front of them, and upon the member of the Time Patrol greets them, Xeno Trunks leads the heroes to the Tsumisumbri Mountains. There they encounter Dr. Kochin who has teamed up with Dr. Myuu, Dr. Gero, Dr. Raichi, Naturon Shenron, and Nouva Shenron in order to help free Dr. Wheelo from the latter's icy prison. The Mad Scientists then send the Bio Warriors: Ebifurya, Misokatsun, and Kishime to distract the Saiyans, as Piccolo soon arrives on the scene, but it shown that he is also being controlled by Dr. Kochin, due to Piccolo knocking Gohan into the water right away. Goku takes on Piccolo, Vegeta blocks a punch from Ebifurya, Note battles against Misokatsun, and while Kishime keeps both Xeno Trunks and presumably Beat busy, a shadowy silhouette of Naturon Shenron appears off in the distance. The Shadow Dragon's eyes glow as Nouva Shenron remerges in his true form to melt away the icy mountain that was keeping Dr. Wheelo trapped previously in via from one of his fire-based Ki Blasts, and in unison, Goku and Vegeta unleash their Super Saiyan 4 forms to combat their new deadly foes.
In the seventh trailer, Black Smoke Shenron is shown prior to the Evil Dragon summoning Super Saiyan 3 Broly on top of the Eternal Dragon's snout, just as the Super Saiyan 3 grins insidiously as Super Saiyan 4 Goku (GT), Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta (GT), Super Saiyan Beat, and Super Saiyan Note arrive, with the latter two immediately powering up to their Super Saiyan 3 transformations, and Black Smoke Shenron then uses his mystical powers in order to evolve (the now airborne) Super Saiyan 3 Broly into a Super Saiyan 4. During the unholy transformation, the Legendary Super Saiyan opens his eyes to reveal them full of the eerie glowing crimson red color, before changing to his actual eye color of his current state and Black Smoke Shenron grins bestially as well. Soon the pitch black smoke veiling Broly is dispersed to reveal his version of the Super Saiyan 4 form, prior towards him blasting Super Saiyan 4 Goku several miles through the Earth. He then knocks Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta away with an elbow, before also swatting down both of the Super Saiyan 3 Saiyan Avatars; Beat and Note into the ground at the same time, and Super Saiyan 4 Broly goes on to try in killing Super Saiyan 4 Goku while the latter is still down. Fortunately, Super Pikkon arrives in the nick of time to stop Super Saiyan 4 Broly from delivering the final blow to Super Saiyan 4 Goku and all of the rest of the heroes get back up and attack Super Saiyan 4 Broly together alongside Super Pikkon.
In the eighth trailer, Black Smoke Shenron and all the Shadow Dragons appear with Syn Shenron leading on the attack against Super Saiyan 3 adult Gotenks, Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta and the avatars heroes. Namekian avatar takes on Oceanus Shenron, Frieza avatar takes on Haze Shenron, Buu avatar race takes on Naturon Shenron, the Android race avatars take on Rage Shenron and adult Gotenks deals with Eis Shenron and Nuova Sheron simultaneously. Soon Syn Shenron powers up, dragging everyone away from him in the process. Goku and Vegeta then look at each other and perform the fusion dance, resulting in the appearance of Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta.
God Mission promo
The GDM1 trailer begins with the Masked Saiyan looking at Time Patrol Trunks as the two are in a time vortex, right before, the latter asks for Beat and Note to come to his aid, and the two right away join Trunks. However, instead of confronting the trio, the Masked Saiyan flies away and Trunks decides to follow him, while giving his Scouter to Beat. Beat and Note go on to help those on Earth. On the planet, Goku, Vegeta, Beat, and Note are watching Sorbet and Tagoma having gathered the Dragon Balls, Jaco appears as well in an attempt to stop them from reviving their master, but he is easily sent away by a vicious uppercut from Tagoma. Sorbet calls for Shenron and asks him to revive Frieza, Shenron does so and Frieza appears in his fourth form. Suddenly, many soldiers also appear in front of all. Goku and Vegeta power up and so do Beat and Note, as the latter pair transform into Super Saiyans, Super Saiyan Beat faces Sorbet, Super Saiyan Note faces Tagoma, and the Saiyans; Goku and Vegeta, face the Evil Emperor, Frieza.
In the GDM3 trailer, Super Saiyan God Goku is fighting against the God of Destruction Beerus at Beerus' Palace. In the Dark Makai world, Xeno Trunks along with Beat and Note are confronting the Masked Saiyan and Mira. Supreme Kai of Time appears and brings with her the Kaioshin avatars, Supreme Kai of Time orders them to attack and the trio avatars engage in a fight against the Masked Saiyan, one of them punches the mask and it cracks, splitting it apart. Mira then becomes furious and he removes his armor. Xeno Trunks with Beat and Note go against him, but Mira is able to block their efforts and throws Beat away. Beat hits the Masked Saiyan, with this, the mask falls over completely, revealing him to be Bardock himself. Bardock now recovers his conscience and he looks at Mira, knowing that he was the one controlling him. Enraged at having been controlled, Bardock transforms into a Super Saiyan 3.
In the GDM4 trailer, Towa, Mira and the Dark Makai army appears in the Dark Makai world. Towa then open a crack in the space-time using her staff and teleports herself and the others to the time where Kid Goku was battling Old King Piccolo. Supreme Kai of Time noticed this event from the Time Nest and requests Xeno Trunks along with Note and Beat to stop her from changing history. Just as King Piccolo was defeated by Goku, Towa arrives and as she prepared to unleash some of her powers she was kicked away by Xeno Trunks. Towa then got up and the rest of the Makai Army appears. Xeno Trunks shot a blast at them and he defeats General Bon with one punch, Beat took care of Psidevilman and Note dealing with both Shun Shun and Haru Haru at the same time. Right after the three finished off Towa's minion, Beat and Xeno Trunks landed a punch to Mira and blasts him away. Intending to target Towa, Xeno Dabura appears to protect her. Xeno Trunks then turns Super Saiyan 3 and decides to confront them.
In the GDM5 trailer, Frieza transforms from his fourth form into his golden form and Goku goes from a Saiyan Beyond God to his Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan form as they begin their fight. In another dimension, Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta, Super Saiyan GT Gohan and Android 18 are facing Super 17, but Super 17 seems to have trouble with the fight against the heroes. Darkness Towa appears and helps Super 17 by using her Dark Magic from her staff to force a merger between Super 17 and Android 18. She succeeds and Super 17 is now blonde and stronger as a result. Super 17 launches many Ki missiles up in the air and destroys the rocks nearby and a few buildings near a city. Xeno Trunks along with Beat and Note arrive, and they see Super 17 punching Super Saiyan Gohan in the stomach, which leads him to fall into the ground, Goku and Vegeta power up and begin to fight him, but both are no match for the Super Android. Gohan watches Goku and Vegeta being beaten and starts to get angry. Beat tries to interfere but Xeno Trunks stops him as he notices that something is happening to Gohan. Gohan then transforms into a Super Saiyan 4 and prepares to fight Super 17 along with Goku and Vegeta.
In the GDM6 trailer, Beerus is sitting down to enjoy his meal but Whis's training with Goku and Vegeta in their Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan forms is making all the food dirty so he scolds them just as Champa and Vados suddenly appear. Meanwhile Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Teen Baby face off, with Goku having the advantage. Towa then appears to summon a portal to bring Hatchiyack to the battle. Hatchiyack gives Baby the signal with a thumbs-up to merge together creating Baby Hatchiyack. Baby Hatchiyack then fires off a Revenger Cannon at Goku, who was caught off-guard by the two's fusion just as Xeno Trunks, Beat, and Note appear. The Saiyans charge onward as Baby Hatchiyack fires off another Revenger Cannon and blasts them back. In Tokitoki City, the Supreme Kai of Time transports the new Time Patrol member Xeno Goten to help the others in the battle. He arrives to see them struggling with Baby Hatchiyack, who knocks away Xeno Trunks but is saved by Xeno Goten. He then suggests to use the Fusion Dance to which Xeno Trunks agrees, and the two unite to create Xeno Gotenks.
In the GDM7 trailer, Beerus and Whis are in the Nameless Planet with Champa and Vados, on Champa's side, Magetta, Botamo and Frost appear, while on Beerus' side, just Goku and Vegeta show up. Frost flies toward the arena and Goku transforms into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and rushes toward Frost, beginning their fight. A clock cracks and gets destroyoed and Supreme Kai of Time notices this, gathering with her a Kaioshin avatar and Beat, she goes 75.000.000 million of years in the past, meeting a young version of herself, a young Demigra with his comrades and a older version of Demigra. Demigra, Gravy and Putine attack Chronoa with Ki Blasts but she succeeded in shield them and sent them back, the older version of Demigra also attacked but Beat appeared to block this time with his Ki. Beat then powers up as does Demigra, Beat has transformed into Super Saiyan God and prepares to attack Demigra.
In the GDM8 trailer, Cabba faces Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta and transforms into Super Saiyan, Cabba rushes toward him and starts to punch Vegeta, but he manages to dodge all of them, one punch from Vegeta is enough to make Cabba flies away and rang out, Vegeta then looks at Hit, Hit responds with a smile. In the Nest of Time, Demigra teleports Super Saiyan God Beat to Tapion and Minotia's world, he appears right in front of Hirudegarn. Hirudegarn tries to smash him but he flies back, Tapion and Minotia appears to help him. Hirudegarn then rushes his hand toward the them, while they get prepared for the fight, Beat launches a Ki blast right in the palm of Hirudegarn's hand, which causes Hirudegarn to transform and power up.
Dragon Ball Heroes uses a turn based card battle system in five rounds or less, which offers 5 on 5 battles with only one health bar for a team of characters. The cards featuring characters from the Dragon Ball franchise are given specific powers and abilities that allow for unique and strategic combat experiences.
The player has to move the cards on the game board. Depending on the conditions of the match, up to five cards can be placed on the machine's game mat and are then moved on the playing field in an attempt to gain an advantage against the opponent. Characters further back on the field receive less damage than those in the front, but they also deal less damage as well. During both the attack and defense phases of battle, timing meters will appear on the screen and force the player into a mini-game to determine the amount of damage dealt. The goal is to press the button on the machine with precise timing to fill the timing meter gauge more than the opponent in order to gain the advantage in the exchange and perform either an effective attack or defense depending on the phase. Special attacks can only be performed if the advantage is gained during the attack phase. Special team attacks called Ultimate Units can also be performed.
During a battle, the player use cards which allow him to transform, fuse, enhance their special attack, throw a huge energy ball, do a Kamehameha, brainwash the opponent, do a double or triple team attack, aiming at opponent, do a Z attack or summon other characters (even the giants ones), or summon a supportive robot or other avatars to help by either offensive or defensive ways.
In-game many characters possess transformations which increase their power, HP, guard, hero energy, power level, damage, opponent charge impact speed by a certain amount, sometimes the user special attack will also change after transformation. However the enemy side, (computer) sometimes have special transformation that are not applied on cards. For example Xeno Bardock will get 15000 power increase when he turns Super Saiyan 3 for the computer card but only 4000 power increase for normal cards. In addition, some transformations are only used by enemies, such as Beerus turning into his angered state or fourth form revived Frieza transforming into Golden Frieza. The following is a general list of how much the power of a user increases via transformation. (There may be a different power increase for the same form, depending on the card or character)
- Kaio-ken: +1500 power
- Super Saiyan: +2000 power
- Power Stressed: +2500 power or +3500 power
- Super Saiyan 2: +3000 power or +5000 power
- Majin Super Saiyan 2: +4000 power
- Super Saiyan 3: +4000 power or +6000 power
- Super Saiyan 4: +5000 power or +7000 power
- Super Saiyan God: +8000 power
- Super Saiyan beyond limit: +6000 power, +1000 HP and guard
- Saiyan beyond God: +6000 power
- Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan: +9000 power, hero energy +1
- Legendary Super Saiyan: x2 (Base or Super Saiyan power)
- Super Saiyan 3 (Broly) x3 Super Saiyan power
*Xeno Bardock Super Saiyan transformation does not increase anything but reduce damage from enemy.*
Frieza's race Transformation
- Second Form: +2000 HP
- Third Form: +2500 HP or +3000 HP
- Fourth Form: +3000 HP or +3500 HP or +4000 HP
- Full Power: +1000 HP, power x3 (Fourth Form) or +2000 HP, power x3 (First Form) or +3000 HP, power x3 (First Form)
- Final Form (Cooler): +3000 HP
- Angered Emperor: +3000 HP, +5000 power
- Ruthless Final Form (Frost) + 3000 HP and power x2
Shadow Dragons transformation
- Dragon form (Oceanus Shenron): +1000 HP, +2000 power and guard
- Dragon Ball absorbed (Syn Shenron): +2000 HP, power level x2
Other Character transformation
- Potential Unleashed (Garlic Jr.): +2000 HP, 1.5x damage
- Super Baby Vegeta 2: +4000 power and guard
- Power up (Hatchiyack): +2000 HP
- Secret power (Zarbon): x2 damage
- Master Roshi seriousness: x3 power, power level x2
- Super Mira (Mira): +5000 power and guard
- Shenron Mode (Goku) + 5000 power and HP
- Shenron Mode (Vegeta) + 7000 power and reduce charge impact speed
- (GT Goku) Super Saiyan 3: +3000 guard, hero energy +1, Super Saiyan 4: +5000 guard, hero energy +3
- (Broly) Super Saiyan 3: +3000 power, Super Saiyan 4: +7000 power
- (Revival Frieza) Fourth form: +2000 HP, Golden Frieza: +3000 HP, hero energy +1
- Teen Goku (Base, Great Ape)
- Goku (Base, Kaio-ken, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God, Saiyan beyond God, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan)
- GT Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Golden Great Ape, Super Saiyan 4)
- Young Vegeta
- Vegeta (Base, Great Ape, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan (Power Stressed), Super Saiyan 2, Majin, Super Saiyan 3, Majin Super Saiyan 3, Saiyan Beyond God, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan)
- GT Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4)
- Young Gohan (Base, Great Ape)
- Teen Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
- Adolescent Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Potential Unleashed)
- Great Saiyaman
- GT Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Infected, Infected Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 4)
- Future Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Tien Shinhan
- Master Roshi (Base, Super Serious Turtle Hermit)
- Jackie Chun
- Teen Krillin
- King Vegeta (Base, Great Ape)
- Bardock (Base, Great Ape, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
- Masked Saiyan (Base, Great Ape)
- Xeno Bardock (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Grand Supreme Kai
- Northern Supreme Kai
- Eastern Supreme Kai
- Western Supreme Kai
- Southern Supreme Kai
- Future Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Adolescent Future Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan (Power Stressed), Super Saiyan 3)
- Xeno Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Young Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)
- GT Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Infected, Infected Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)
- GT Goten (Base, Super Saiyan, Infected, Infected Super Saiyan)
- Xeno Goten (Base)
- Mighty Mask (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Fat Gotenks
- Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Adult Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3)
- Xeno Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Kibito Kai
- Gogeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Golden Great Ape)
- GT Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4)
- Vegito (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3)
- Young Pan
- King Piccolo (Base, Old, Giant form)
- Ma Junior (Base, Giant form)
- Piccolo (Base, Mind Controlled, fused with Nail, fused with Kami)
- Kami (Base, Old)
- Ninja Murasaki
- Pirate Robot
- General Blue
- Mercenary Tao
- Cyborg Tao
- Master Shen
- Pilaf Machine (Fusion)
- Garlic Jr. (Base, Transformed)
- King of Destruction Garlic Jr.
- Young Nappa
- Zarbon (Base, Monster form)
- Captain Ginyu
- Frieza (First Form, Second Form, Third Form, Final Form, Full Power)
- Mecha Frieza
- Revival Frieza (First Form, Final Form, Golden Frieza)
- Golden Frieza (Base, Angered)
- King Cold
- Dr. Kochin
- King of Destruction Turles
- Commander Zeeun
- Lord Slug (Base, Giant)
- King of Destruction Lord Slug
- Cooler (Base, Final Form)
- Meta-Cooler (Base, Meta-Cooler Core)
- Cyclopian Guard
- Dr. Gero
- Android 19
- Android 18
- Android 17
- Android 16
- Android 15
- Android 14
- Android 13
- Android 13 (Fusion)
- King of Destruction Fusion Android 13
- Cell (Imperfect Form, Android 17 absorbed, Perfect Form, Perfect Form (Power Stressed), Super Perfect Form)
- Cell Jr.
- Broly (Base, Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Golden Great Ape, Super Saiyan 4, Super Saiyan 4 Full Power)
- King of Destruction Broly (Super Saiyan 3)
- Bio-Broly (Bio-Warrior, Giant Form)
- Dr. Raichi
- Hatchiyack (Base, Giant Form, Powered Up Form)
- King of Destruction Hatchiyack (Powered Up Form)
- Baby Hatchiyack
- Bojack (Base, Transformed)
- King of Destruction Bojack (Base)
- Super Pikkon
- Mr. Satan
- GT Mr. Satan
- Great Saiyaman 2
- Pui Pui
- Xeno Dabura
- Majin Buu
- Mr. Buu
- Evil Buu
- Super Buu (Base, Gotenks absorbed, Piccolo absorbed, Ultimate Gohan absorbed, Super form)
- Kid Buu (Base, Southern Supreme Kai absorbed, Grand Supreme Kai absorbed, Kibito Kai absorbed, Babidi absorbed)
- Janemba (Base form, Split Body)
- King of Destruction Janemba
- Baby Janemba
- King of Destruction Baby Janemba
- Tapion (Base, release of Hirudegarn)
- Beerus (Base, Angered)
- Frost (First Form, Final Form)
- Cabba (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Kid Uub
- Teen Uub
- Super Uub
- Neko Majin Mix
- Neko Majin Z
- Neko Majin Mike
- Kuriza (First Form, Final Form)
- Super Mega Cannon Sigma
- General Rilldo
- Hyper Meta-Rilldo
- Dr. Myuu
- Teen Baby
- Baby Vegeta
- Super Baby Vegeta (Base, Super Baby Vegeta 2, Golden Great Ape)
- Super Baby Vegeta 2 (Base, Golden Great Ape)
- Super Baby Trunks
- Hell Fighter 17
- Super 17 (Base, Android 18 absorbed, Android absorbed, Cell absorbed)
- Oceanus Shenron (Princess Oto, Dragon Form)
- Haze Shenron
- Eis Shenron
- Naturon Shenron (Base, Super form)
- Nuova Shenron
- Rage Shenron (Base, Super form)
- Syn Shenron (Base, Omega Shenron)
- Mira (Base, Runaway, Super Mira)
- Supreme Kai of Time
- General Bon
- Darkness Towa
- Shun Shun
- Haru Haru
- Demon God Demigra
Other than Akina, all of the avatars can use Base, Class-up, Super Class-up, and God Class-up states. With the Saiyan's gaining the ability to use another of their race's forms with each class upgrade.
- Saiyan "Hero" (called Beat in Hero Road mode) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God)
- Saiyan "Heroine" (called Note in Hero Road mode) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God)
- Female Saiyan "Elite" (a girl who looks like Android 18 in GT, but with black hair) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God)
- Female Saiyan "Berserker" (a girl with Battle Armor) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God)
- Akina (a Female "Heroine" based on the famous model Akina Minami)
- Majin "Hero" (called Kabra (カブラ) in Hero Road mode)
- Namekian "Hero" (called Tsumuri (ツムリ) in Hero Road mode) (Base, fused with Piccolo, red-eyed form)
Non-playable enemies and forms
- Majin Ginger
- Majin Nicky
- Majin Sansho
- Majin Wings
- Majin Angila
- Majin Medamatcha
- Majin Zeeun
- Majin Raichi
- Majin Kogu
- Majin Bido
- Majin Bujin
- Majin Zangya
- King of Destruction Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Shadow Goku (Black Smoke Shenron)
- Super Eis Shenron
- Super Haze Shenron
- Super Nuova Shenron
- Xeno Bardock (Super Saiyan 2)
- Neko Majin Z (Super Neko Majin)
- Xeno Trunks (Super Saiyan 2)
- King Piccolo (Fused with Kami)
- Amepai (a male Vegeta-type "Saiyan" based on the Sakiyomi JanBANG! character Yanagihara Tetsuya)
- Zaripai (a male Nappa-type "Saiyan" based on the Sakiyomi JanBANG! character Hirai Yoshiyuki)
- Great Ape Vegeta*
- Great Ape Gohan*
- Great Namek Lord Slug*
- Hirudegarn (Final Form)
- Luud (Base, Full Power)
- Golden Great Ape Goku*
- Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta*
- Black Smoke Shenron
- Meta-Cooler Core*
- Super Oceanus Shenron
- Hirudegarn (First Form, Second Form)
- Hirudegarn (King of Destruction)
- Giant Buu*
- Broly (King of Destruction Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Giant Bio-Broly*
- Golden Great Ape Broly*
- Super Eis Shenron
- Super Nuova Shenron
- Abo and Kado
- Golden Frieza*
- Super Saiyan 4 Full Power Broly*
- King Piccolo (Fused with Kami)*
- Angered Golden Frieza*
- Demigra and Demon God Demigra
- * These characters are also playable in the game
- Hero Robot
- Defense Form
- Attack Form
- Defense Form
- Attack Form
- V-Jump dino mascot
- Arale Norimaki & Gatchan
- Dr. Wheelo
- Luud (Full Power)
- Black Smoke Shenron
- Frieza's spaceship
- Golden Great Ape Broly
- Golden Great Ape Gogeta
- Ma Junior
- Great Ape Masked Saiyan
- Great Ape Vegeta
- Lord Slug
- Golden Great Ape Baby
- Golden Great Ape Goku
- Great Ape Gohan
- Great Ape Bardock
- Great Ape King Vegeta
- Meta Cooler Core
- Muscle Tower
- Garlic Jr.'s fortress
- Rocky Area (day, night)
- Planet Namek
- Tree of Might
- Urban Area
- Ruined City
- World Martial Arts Tournament
- Inside Buu
- Sacred World of the Kais
- Beerus' temple
- New Planet Plant
- Amusement Park
- Time Nest
- Nameless Planet arena
- Dragon Ball Heroes is the first video game to feature Grand Supreme Kai, Northern Supreme Kai, Western Supreme Kai, Southern Supreme Kai, Buu (w/ Southern Supreme Kai absorbed) (unless counting his appearance in Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout), Bibidi, Chilled, Toobi, Tora, Borgos, Shugesh, Kid Vegeta, Young Nappa, Jaco, Master Shen, Ginger, Nicky, Sansho, Spice, Vinegar, Mustard, Salt, Dr. Kochin, Bio-Men, Ebifurya, Kishime, Misokatsun, Amond, Cacao, Daiz, Rasin, Lakasei, Medamatcha, Wings, Angila, Zeeun, Dr. Raichi, Hatchiyack in his Giant and Super forms, Bido, Bujin, Kogu, Angol, Moah, Paragus, Bio-Broly, Kibito, Beerus, Whis, Revival Frieza (in first and fourth forms), the Neko Majins, Super Mega Cannon Sigma, General Rilldo, Dr. Myuu, Hell Fighter 17, GT Gohan, GT Goten, Adult Gotenks, GT Mr. Satan, Kid Pan, Oceanus Shenron, Haze Shenron, Naturon Shenron, Rage Shenron, and Super Buu (Giant Form), Champa, Vados, Maggeta, Hit, Frost, Cabba, Hoi as playable characters, as well as Black Smoke Shenron as an opponent.
- Also, for the first time in a video game, Bardock can become Super Saiyan, GT Goku, GT Vegeta, Adult Gotenks, Bardock, Vegito, Xeno Bardock, Xeno Trunks and Gogeta can become Super Saiyan 2. Gogeta, GT Vegeta, Future Trunks, GT Trunks, Teen Trunks, Xeno Trunks, Future Gohan, Vegito, Majin Vegeta, Xeno Bardock, and Adult Gohan can become Super Saiyan 3, Broly and Gogeta can become Golden Great Ape, GT Gohan and Broly can become Super Saiyan 4, Frieza, Cooler, Slug, and Turles can be used as Ghost Warriors, Pikkon can be used in a Super form, Babidi can turn Super Garlic Jr., Ginger, Nicky, Sansho, Turles, Lord Slug, Commander Zeeun, Angila, Wings, Medamatcha, Super Android 13, Super Hatchiyack, Bojack, Super Janemba, and Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 3) into Majins, Kid Buu can absorb Kibito Kai or Babidi, Goku can use his God form, Baby can infect Super Janemba and GT Trunks, GT Gohan, GT Goten, and GT Trunks can take on their Infected states, while Trumks could even become Super Baby Trunks, Super 17 can absorb Android 16, Android 18 or Super Perfect Cell, and Oceanus Shenron appears in a giant form. Supreme Kai of Time could be used as a playable character ( Xenoverse only made her appear in cut scene) Mira could be used in his Out of Contol/Runaway Form and his Super form. Towa can also take on her Darkness form. Goku and Vegeta both attained a new transformation, Shenron Mode.
- The game is also the first to showcase the appearance of Adult GT Goku in Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 forms, albeit only as card artwork.
- The majority of the player avatars in Dragon Ball Heroes can be made in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, some appearing in promotional artwork and trailers.
- Xeno Bardock and Bardock Super Saiyan 2 hair style differs from each other although they are the same person.
- There are some cards that feature GT Vegeta without his jacket. Despite this, it isn't featured in the gameplay.
- For most of GT Goten cards, he is featured with a green jumper but in the game he is featured in a white one.
- Veku's cards depict him with a halo above his head. However, he doesn't have one in the actual gameplay unlike Pikkon
- One of Potential Unleashed Gohan's super attack is using the Z sword however it is impossible to have that according to the anime since Gohan got his hidden power unleashed by Old Kai but Old Kai is still in the Z sword.
Main article: Dragon Ball Heroes/Gallery
- Dragon Ball Heroes official website
- Dragon Ball Heroes official twitter account
- Dragon Ball Heroes overview at Dimps' website
- Dragon Ball Heroes card details at drheroes.web.fc2.com