This section is an archive used for the "Did you know?" facts of the month.
To suggest a fact, please use the talk page.
May 4 - June 4
- that... Piccolo is actually only four years older than Gohan. Namekians grow and age much faster than Humans or Saiyans, seeing as how Piccolo was already nearly full-grown by the age of 3.
- that... The Saiyans and the Tuffles waged a 10 year war for Planet Plant known as the Saiyan-Tuffle war.
- that... Vegeta would technically be the "King" of all Saiyans instead of the "Prince" because his father was killed by Frieza, thus making him the rightful heir to the throne. However, he most likely does not call himself King out of respect for his fallen father.
- that... Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan was born with a power level of 10,000. This is comparable to most Saiyan elite warriors!
- that... Goku is terribly afraid of needles.
June 4 - July 4
- that... In Dragon Ball Z, not counting movies or specials, Goku only killed two villains, Yakon and Kid Buu.
- that... Cooler, the main villain from movies five and six owns roughly 256 planets. His younger brother Frieza owns up to 79, if not more.
- that... The popular internet meme "It's Over 9000!" was actually a dubbing mistake. It was originally over 8,000 but in the Ocean Dub, they accidentally say 9000. Even now the Funimation dubs use 9000 as reference to the popular meme.
- that... After he fuses with Kami, Piccolo temporarily becomes the most powerful Z Fighter in the series. He surpasses the Super Saiyan powers of Goku, Vegeta, and Future Trunks.
- that... Bulma goes through 17 hair style changes through out the Dragon Ball series.
July 4 - August 4
- that... There are over twenty five variants of the Kamehameha.
- that... Majin Buu is over 5 million years old.
- that... Goku never actually came face to face with Dr. Gero in Dragon Ball. In fact, he was never mentioned until in Dragon Ball Z.
- that... Future Gohan, the alternate timeline version of Gohan, was the only Saiyan character to ever battle with one arm. The Namekians Piccolo and Nail and the Earthling Tien managed to battle with one arm as well.
August 4 - September 4
- that... King Kai's pet monkey, Bubbles, is a reference to Michael Jackson's pet monkey, who is also named Bubbles.
- that... In the Funimation dub of Dragon Ball, Tambourine, a spawned warrior of King Piccolo sounds almost exactly like the Dragon Ball Z super villain Cell in his "Imperfect" form as they both have the same voice actor, Dameon Clarke.
- that... Counting movie specials and Dragon Ball GT, the Spirit Bomb has been used exactly eight times in all of the Dragon Ball series.
- that... Goku's home address is actually given, it is 439 East District.
- that... Kid Buu would technically have the highest body count in the entire Dragon Ball series, as he killed millions if not billions of beings before his introduction in the latter half of Dragon Ball Z.
September 4 - October 4
- that... Broly is getting an exclusive Super Saiyan 3 form in the upcoming video game, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast.
- that... Vegeta almost always addresses Goku by his Saiyan birth name, "Kakarot", but has on rare occasions addressed him as "Goku". Vegeta says the name "Goku" only eight times.
- that... Bulma's last name is "Brief".
- that... Nappa originally did have hair, as seen in the special, Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku.
- that... Future Trunks is one of the few primary Z Fighters to have never used the Kamehameha wave, a trait he shares with his father.
October 4 - December 4
- that... Technically, Gohan defeated Vegeta, not Goku. Gohan falls onto Vegeta while reverting from his Great Ape form, nearly killing the Saiyan Prince.
- that... There are three types of Android. They are: Cyborg, Total artificial construct types, and Bio-mechanical.
- that... Pui Pui is named Pocus in the manga, another reference to "Cinderella".
- that... Piccolo is one of the only two characters in the Dragon Ball universe to have killed the main character Goku (the other being Cell). Although in both cases, Goku sacrificed himself to save the world.
December 4th- January 24th, 2010
- that... Dragon Ball turned 25 years old on the 3rd of December 2009. It first was released in Japan on that date back in 1984.
- that... Dragon Ball Z: Sagas was the only Dragon Ball Z video game to be released for the original Xbox.
- that... Zarbon is responsible for advising Frieza to eradicate the Saiyan race, thus causing the ensuing genocide and setting the plot in motion for future wars and conflicts.
- that... Dabura's ultimate fate differs between the manga and anime. In the manga, Dabura is sent to heaven as he would have enjoyed hell. However, in the anime, he is additionally altered to an extent of becoming very flamboyant in heaven.
- that... Dragon Ball Z debuted on Cartoon Network's Toonami in September of 1998.
- that... Dragon Ball Z and One Piece had a cross-over known as "Cross Epoch", which was created by both Akira Toriyama and Eiichiro Oda. This special manga appeared in Japan's Weekly Shōnen Jump on December 25th, 2006.
- that... Goku and company appeared in a special known as Goku's Fire Fighting Regiment, which taught fire safety to kids in Japan.
January 24 - March 7
- that... Baby is the only main villain whom Goku has defeated as a Super Saiyan 4. The rest of the main villains, Super 17 and Omega Shenron, Goku defeated in his child form. Goku did defeat Eis Shenron as a Super Saiyan 4, although Eis was a supporting villain.
- that... Frieza originally kills the Namekian boy Cargo in the original manga, but his murderer was changed to Dodoria in the anime.
- that... Tien Shinhan has fought every major Dragon Ball Z villain except Frieza for the obvious reason that he was dead at the time.
March 7 - June 2 (extension)
- that... Piccolo was the strongest "good" character in the series on one occasion. This would occur after he fuses with Kami during the Androids Saga, evidently making him more powerful than all of the Super Saiyan characters.
- that... Future Gohan is killed instantly in the manga, while in the anime his fight and death is shown in great detail.
- that... Akira Toriyama created the concept art for the Super Saiyan 4 transformation seen in Dragon Ball GT.
- that... Monica Rial will be replacing Tiffany Vollmer as the voice of Bulma in Funimation's dub of Dragon Ball Kai.
June 2nd - July 22nd
- that... Saiyan's hair styles never change from the day they are born.
- that... Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit was the first video game released for the high definition consoles.
- that... Colleen Clinkenbeard replaced Stephanie Nadolny as the voice of young Gohan in Funimation's dub of Dragon Ball Kai.
July 22nd - August 5th
- that...Goku has achieved every level of Super Saiyan (canon or not) with the exception of the Legendary Super Saiyan form?
- that...Krillin has six incense burns on his forehead from his time training to be a monk at Orin Temple?
August 5th - August 20th
- that...the space inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is part of a completely different dimension?
- that...Goku, Bulma, Oolong, and Yamcha are loosely based on the main characters from the Chinese epic, Journey to the West?
August 20th - September 7th
- that... Oolong never finished his classes at the Southern Transformation Kindergarten causing him to only stay transformed for five minutes at a time?
- that... Goku's death in the Cell Games Saga was an attempt to shift the focus of the series onto Gohan?
September 7th - September 21st
- that... Goku is completely pure of heart, preventing him from being harmed by the Devilmite Beam, and allowing him to control the Spirit Bomb?
- that... Grandpa Gohan was killed by his adoptive Grandson after the young Saiyan had transformed under the light of the Moon?
- that... Akira Toriyama has stated that Launch did not appear in the manga after the Piccolo Jr. Saga because he forgot she existed?
September 21st - October 18th
- that... Piccolo was only three years old when he fought Goku in the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament?
- that... King Piccolo, after he was given his youth back, destroyed Shenron as a display of his power?
- that... the lower members of Cooler's Armored Squadron, Doore and Neiz, are set to appear in the upcoming video game, Raging Blast 2?
- that... the Sacred Water atop Korin Tower is just normal water, as the true benefits come from capturing it from Korin?
October 18th - November 15th
- that... the anime known as Dragon Ball consists of the first 16 volumes of the Dragon Ball manga, while Dragon Ball Z consists of the latter 26 volumes?
- that... Daikaioh, in his position as Grand Supreme Kai, ruled over the entire universe and all other Kai and Supreme Kai?
- that... Emperor Pilaf successfully invented a Dragon Radar Proof Box to prevent the Dragon Ball Gang from finding the Dragon Ball he had collected?
November 15th 2010 - November 16 2011
- that... Vegito's name comes from Vegeta combined with the Japanese form of Goku's Saiyan name, Kakarotto?
- that... Namekians reproduce asexually by extracting eggs from their throats?
November 17th - December 31st
- that... Kid Buu and Yakon are actually the only villains Goku ever kills in Dragon Ball Z? And... Kid Buu is reincarnated as Uub while Yakon was actually killed accidentally due to his failed attempt at draining Goku's light energy.
- that... Emperor Pilaf and Garlic Jr. have the exact same voice actors in both the Japanese dub and the FUNimation Dub? (For the anime)
- that... Frieza kills Cargo with a finger beam in the Dragon Ball manga, while Dodoria kills him with a mouth blast in the anime?
- that... Mercenary Tao is the first villain to actually defeat Goku in hand-to-hand battle? (General Blue incapacitates him prior but uses telekinesis to do so)
- that... Masako Nozawa has been playing Goku since the Dragon Ball anime began in 1986, and she still continues to voice him after 25 years?
January 1st - January 29th
- that... Tien Shinhan was meant to appear in the 2008 OVA Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!? He did not appear due to the death of his voice actor, Hirotaka Suzuoki. Tien was left out of the OVA in respect to Hirotaka. However, Tien was included in the manga version.
- that... Super 17 appeared in the least amount of episodes as a main villain, and the Super 17 Saga is the shortest saga in Dragon Ball, Z, and GT?
- that... Yamcha is the only character to be voiced by the same FUNimation voice actor, Christopher Sabat, in all four Dragon Ball movies?
- that... Android 19 and Dr. Gero were meant to play the roles of Future Android 17 and Future Android 18, as the androids who rampaged Future Trunks' world, but their role was later changed? Instead, they remained villains in the primary time-line but weren't used in the Future time-line.
January 29th - March 10th
- that... Goku was originally going to be revealed as a Saiyan in the Piccolo Jr. Saga of the manga and anime, but Akira Toriyama decided to delay it for Raditz's arrival?
- that... Zarbon was noted as one of the top 5 greatest henchmen of all time in an issue of Beckett Anime, a Beckett magazine publication, and he was the only character from DB/Z/GT to be featured on the list.
- that... Akira Toriyama had spent 5 years working on character designs and the story for Dragon Ball Online.
- that... Almost all of the major Red Ribbon Army members are named after colors, such as General White, Colonel Silver, Captain Yellow, General Blue, Staff Officer Black and Commander Red. In accordance with this pun, Ninja Murasaki's original name is Sergeant Major Purple.
March 10th - November 24th
- that... Super Buu has only one thumb and one large finger on each hand in the manga, but in the anime, he has normal human-like hands with four fingers and one thumb.
- that... the names of Frieza's primary elites are puns derived from fruits, such as Zarbon's name being a pun on the Japanese word for the "Pomelo fruit", Dodoria's name being a pun on the "Durian fruit", Cui being a pun on the Kiwi fruit, and Appule being a pun on the word "apple."
- that... Grand Elder Guru is the only character to die twice in the same year and during the same saga.
- that... Frieza has been the most frequently defeated villain, for a total of being defeated 5 times, including the movies and filler. He lost to Goku on Namek, was executed by Future Trunks, and was defeated by Pikkon in Dragon Ball Z. He was also sent back to Hell by Gohan in Fusion Reborn, and was frozen and smashed to pieces by Goku in Dragon Ball GT.
- that... Due to Master Shen being named Shen in the FUNimation Dub, the name of Shen, the character who's body Kami possessed, was changed to Hero. Hero's original name Shen is kept in the Blue Water dub of Dragon Ball.
November 24th - December 24th
- that... in Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock that after Bardock confronts Frieza Bardock doesn't die, but instead awakens on Planet Vegeta in the past during a time before Saiyans existed on Planet Vegeta.
- that... the video game Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi features a create a Hero Mode where you can create your very own Dragon Ball Z character.
- that... Master Roshi created the Kamehameha and it took 50 years to master it while Goku mastered the Kamehameha in one usage after witnessing Master Roshi extinguish the flames on Fire Mountain, which is the home of the Ox-King.
- that... Staff Officer Black kills Commander Red when he learns that Commander Red's ambitions for getting the Dragon Balls is for personal gain, a wish to become taller, rather than advancing the Red Ribbon Army's ambition of world conquest.
December 24th 2012 - Present
- that... The Latin American dub Chi-Chi's name was renamed milk because Chichi means breast in Mexico.
- that... Shin-jin are born from a Kaiju tree on Planet Kaishin and when a Kaiju tree grows a golden fruit that means a Kaioshin is born.
- that... In Dragon Ball Z Captain Ginyu has a Body Change technique and uses it several times to possess the bodies of Goku, and, in anime filler, Bulma. However Goku and Gohan, in anime filler, have caught onto Ginyu's technique and have both thrown a Namekian Frog in the path of his technique resulting Ginyu possessing the body of a Frog.
- that... Throughout the series of Dragon Ball (anime) and Dragon Ball Z several characters have been credited as Demon Kings, including King Piccolo, Dabura, and, in anime filler, Shula. However, there is a differentiating factor of all their positions. King Piccolo is a king of the living plane, Shula is a king of the underworld, and Dabura is king of hell.
December 25th, 2012 - October 7th, 2013
- that... there are twelve Gods of Destruction.
- that... the last episode of Dragon Ball Z to premier on Toonami was on April 7th, 2003... now over 10 years ago.
- that... songs from the American rock band Disturbed have been featured in two Dragon Ball Z films dubbed by Funimation; they are Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug and Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge.
- that... Gohan killed eight enemies in the original manga, seven Cell Jr.'s and Cell himself. In the Dragon Ball Z anime however, including the movies, he has directly killed a total of 15.
- that... Planet Vegeta, home of the Saiyan race after the Tuffles extermination, had a gravity 10 times higher than Earth's. If you weighed 150 lbs. (68 kg) on Earth, you would weigh 1500 lbs. (680 kg) on Planet Vegeta.
October 7th, 2013 - June 6th, 2015
- that... as of October 2013, Dragon Ball Z is currently ranked #34 on IMDb's "Highest Rated TV Series With At Least 6,000 Votes", with a score of 8.7/10. 
- that... Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is the best selling Dragon Ball Z video game of all time, with over 3 million units sold for the PlayStation 2.
- that... American Hip-Hop icon Snoop Dogg (Snoop Lion) revealed via the news website Reddit that he is a fan of Gogeta, stating "Gogeta is a g".
- that... Android 17 and Android 18 were originally Human before Dr. Gero turned them into Androids.
- that... Earth was destroyed twice within a 15 year period during events of the series. Majin Buu destroyed it during Dragon Ball Z, and use of the Black Star Dragon Balls destroyed it again during Dragon Ball GT.
June 7th, 2015 - October 1st, 2017
- that... a new Dragon Ball anime series has been announced?
- that... all the events between the Vegeta Saga and Frieza Saga took place within the year Age 762 during the span of one year?
- that... the events of the entire Cell Saga take place in a matter of two weeks from the date of May 12th to the date of May 26th during Age 767.
- that... the events of the entire Majin Buu Saga take place in a matter of only two days between the dates of May 7th and May 8th during Age 774.