Dragon Ball Z: Goku Gekitōden (ドラゴンボールZ: 悟空激闘伝 lit. "Dragon Ball Z: Goku's Fierce Fighting Legend") is a video game released for on August 25, 1995, in Japan. This game is the second installment in the Goku RPG series and the second Dragon Ball Z game for the Game Boy console, as it is the sequel of Dragon Ball Z: Goku Hishōden.
Dragon Ball Z: Goku Gekitōden takes place immediately after Goku's battle with Vegeta and ends with Goku's final battle with Frieza (similar to the 1991 video game Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza). Most characters from the Namek Saga can be fought during the story mode, including ones such as Zarbon and Frieza's transformed states.
The game features five playable characters, as well as Goku's Super Saiyan transformation. In Goku Gekitōden, moving about and fighting is in real time, unlike its predecessor. The game also features many extras, such as minigames and a tournament mode.
- Mini Game 1: Gohan must dive and move rocks in the water in order to find a Namekian Dragon Ball. Gohan has to breathe out of the water regularly to not drain his oxygen gauge.
- Mini Game 2: Krillin must manipulate his energy to hit moving Namekian Frogs. He must hit four of them before finding Nail.
- Mini Games 3: Krillin must dodge Dodoria (who can fire Ki Blasts) and run from place to place until Dodoria's motivation gauge at the bottom of the screen is empty.
- Mini Game 4: Read all the signs in Moori's village under a certain time limit. The letters say "DRAGONBALL" in random order.
Note: Enemies and bosses can be made available as playable characters in the 1P Tournament and 2P Battle modes by holding Up + A + Start while entering the mode.
- Zarbon (Base, transformed)
- Captain Ginyu
- Frieza (1st Form, 2nd Form, 3rd Form, Final Form, 100% Power)
- Master Roshi
- Grand Elder Guru
- King Kai