Dragon Ball Z: Goku Hishōden (ドラゴンボールZ: 悟空 飛翔伝; lit. "Dragon Ball Z: Goku's Soaring Legend") is a role playing video game released for Game Boy on November 25, 1994, in Japan. It is the first installment in the Goku RPG series and the first Dragon Ball game for the Game Boy.
Despite the title, Goku Hishōden starts out during the end of Dragon Ball with Goku's fight with Piccolo at the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament and ends with the battle against Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga of Dragon Ball Z (similar to the 2009 video game Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans).
- Story – Goes from the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament and to the battle against Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga.
- World Martial Arts Tournament – A tournament mode with eight fighters.
- Play – A mode only available via the Super Game Boy, and that allows to play with Goku and other characters.
- Training – Training exercises.
- Goku's Doll (コピーごくう)
- Tien Shinhan
- Cyborg Tao
- King Kai
- Bubbles (appears in a mini-game)
- Mini Game 1: Spirit Bomb control training where Goku must shoot bricks. It raises the upper limit of Ki.
- Mini Game 2: Catch Bubbles by tapping the A and B buttons alternately. It increases Goku's speed.
- Mini Game 3: Fill the Kaio-ken gauge by pressing the AB buttons when flashing circles appear on the screen. It allows Goku to learn the Kaio-ken.
- Mini Game 4: Travel the Snake Way to reach King Kai's Planet. Goku can dash, jump, or fly (consume Ki).