Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Gokuden series debuted in 1989 with the release of Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden, the third Dragon Ball game released on NES. The gameplay of the series is similar to that of Dragon Ball: Daimaō Fukkatsu, which was also developed by TOSE Software Co.
The Gokuden series was followed by the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans series in 1993, with Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans released as the sequel to Dragon Ball Z III: Ressen Jinzōningen, but with an original story. It was later followed by the Game Boy games Dragon Ball Z: Goku Hishōden and Goku Gekitōden, and the Super Gokuden series released on SNES in 1995.
In 2003, the first game of the series was remade and released on the WonderSwan Color under the name "Dragon Ball".
The Gokuden series consists of:
- Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden (NES, 1989)
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan (NES, 1990)
- Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza (NES, 1991)
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu (SNES, 1992)
- Dragon Ball Z III: Ressen Jinzōningen (NES, 1992)
- Dragon Ball Z Side Story: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (NES, 1993)
- Dragon Ball (remake of 3: Gokuden for WonderSwan, 2003)