Dragon Ball Z: The Real 4-D is an cinematic attraction at Universal Studios Japan, as part of "Universal Jump Summer". The attraction features a new installment in the Dragon Ball series, which primarily depicts a CG animation of Goku vs. Frieza, presented as a 4D attraction. The event was held from July 1 to September 4, alongside similar attractions based on One Piece and Death Note.
"Re-experience the fierce showdown between Super Saiyan Son Goku and space emperor Freeza! This legendary clash of mighty super-humans passed down throughout Dragon Ball history makes its debut as a thrilling 4-D attraction."
A hooded figure is seen to have gathered all of the Dragon Balls, summoning Shenron he wishes for a being capable of defeating Goku to appear. This causes the tyrant Frieza to be summoned, with Frieza having increased his power level to five point three billion.
As West City burns, Bulma is in capsule corp and calls Goku for assistance, the Saiyan arrives and to his surprise faces Frieza, he attacks the tyrant with a punch but Frieza blocks it with just his finger and then goes on to overwhelm Goku in combat. After being sent flying into a building Goku becomes a Super Saiyan to battle the tyrant, the two fly across the landscape fighting and eventually land in a desert area. Goku attacks with a Kamehameha, and Frieza responds with his Death Ball. However, when the clash of energy is over Goku is lying on the ground, heavily injured and barely able to move, while Frieza has not taken any damage at all.
As Frieza is about to finish Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta arrives along with Piccolo and Krillin to save him. Frieza is angered that Vegeta too is a Super Saiyan. Krillin then attacks with his Destructo Disc, but the tyrant easily dodges it, and then deflects the Special Beam Cannon that Piccolo fires at him. As Goku barely stands and begins to prepare a Spirit Bomb, Vegeta attacks Frieza with his Final Flash, though the tyrant once again emerges unharmed and releases a kiai, knocking down Vegeta, Piccolo, and Krillin. However the three have bought Goku enough time and he unleashes a massive Spirit Bomb upon the tyrant, killing him once more.
Goku and the others then help to repair the damaged city, with Vegeta complaining about the work.
Due to character designs, and the presence of Vegeta as a Super Saiyan, who is capable of using the Final Flash technique, and the fact that the highest form that Goku and Vegeta can take on is Super Saiyan, the events of the film seemingly take place during the seven day wait for the Cell Games.
|Character Name||Voice Actor (Japanese)|
|Master Roshi||Masaharu Sato|
|Hooded figure||Shigeru Chiba|
- Goku (Base/Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza (Final Form)
- Goku, Vegeta (Super Saiyan), Piccolo, and Krillin vs. Frieza (Final Form)
- Resurrection - Used by Shenron to summon Frieza.
- Continuous Energy Bullet - Used by both Frieza and Goku.
- Super Kamehameha - Used by Goku to attack Frieza.
- Death Ball - Used by Frieza to defeat Goku.
- Death Beam - Prepared by Frieza to kill Goku.
- Destructo Disc - Used by Krillin to attack Frieza.
- Special Beam Cannon - Used by Piccolo to attack Frieza.
- Final Flash - Used by Vegeta to attack Frieza.
- Super Spirit Bomb - Used by Goku to defeat Frieza.
- When Vegeta, Krillin, and Frieza starts to battle Frieza, a variation of the song We Gotta Power can be heard.