Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Super Collaboration Special (ドリーム9 トリコ&ワンピース&ドラゴンボールZ 超コラボスペシャル!!) is a crossover special which aired on April 7, 2013, on Fuji TV. It was made to commemorate the start of the third year of the Toriko anime, which premiered in April 2011, and it features characters from Dragon Ball Z, One Piece and Toriko. The special is split into two parts.
"Run, Strongest Team! Toriko, Luffy, and Goku!" (走れ最強軍団！トリコとルフィと悟空！): The International Gourmet Organization (IGO) is hosting a World's Best Eating Tournament (Tenkaichi Shokuōkai), a merciless race with no rules, on a certain island. The tournament's championship prize is the luxuriously rare Carat Sizzled Cattle. Toriko and his friends are aiming for the championship, Luffy and his Straw Hat Crew is set to participate in the event as well, and Goku and his friends are also contestants. The showdown may determine the strongest of the three franchises' leads.
The special also features the following cast of characters: Sunny, Zebra, Coco (the "Four Heavenly King" Gourmet Hunters), Komatsu, Rin, Setsuno, Tina from Toriko, Nami, Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, Franky, Brook, Robin, Usopp, Pandaman from One Piece, and Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Master Roshi, Android 18, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krillin, Tien Shinhan, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Puar, Ox-King, Yajirobe, Korin, the World Tournament Announcer, Mr. Satan, Videl from Dragon Ball Z.
Mr. Satan is the color commentator for the race. He ends up falling into the battlefield, and is the "official" winner when Goku, Toriko, and Luffy destroy the arena accidentally.
"The Mightiest Collaboration in History vs. the Gluttonous of the Sea" (史上最強コラボVS海の大食漢): After Mr. Satan won the competition, the champion serves up the championship prize, Carat Sizzled Cattle, to Luffy, Toriko, Goku, and their friends. During the meal, the IGO Director Mansam reveals the shocking truth: the tournament was held in order to lure out a Deep Sea Glutton creature, Akami, said to suck out the energy of living things. Soon, sensing Luffy and the other's power, Akami appears from out of the depths of the sea. Goku, Luffy, Toriko may have to combine their powers in order to defeat this deadly monster.
Going by the character designs, this special seems to take place slightly before or soon after the events of the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods take place. It probably takes place after it since it was released after Battle of Gods.
"I am really excited about this nearly-unthinkable top-tier joint appearance! Toriko, Luffy, and Goku's collaboration will of course be a highlight, but popular characters from each anime will appear one after another! What would happen if Zebra, Zoro, and Vegeta fought? Whose cooking is more amazing: Komatsu's or Sanji's? What if you witnessed the fusion of Chopper, Goten, and Trunks? Thinking with the viewers in mind, this time we have packed everything in! It is full of battle scenes and gag scenes! Mr. Satan will be there, too!"
Characters from Dragon Ball and One Piece were already featured together in the 2006 special collaboration manga Cross Epoch, and characters from One Piece and Toriko were already featured together in a 2011 special One Piece x Toriko Crossover manga and two one-hour special Toriko × One Piece crossovers which aired in April 2011 and April 2012 respectively, and which were shown either before or after the weekly episodes of One Piece. Also, Toriko and One Piece share Fuji TV's "Dream 9" (ドリーム9) programming block that begins on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. since April 2011. The "Dream 9" tag was also previously used to promote the time slots of Dragon Ball Kai and One Piece during their original broadcast, as Dragon Ball Kai was followed by One Piece when it first aired in Japan; special eyecatches featuring the characters from both series were even made and shown between the two series. Also, various animated multi-screen Panic Adventure crossovers of various Shueisha manga series, including Dragon Ball and One Piece, have already been screened at special events.
The Super Collaboration Special aired split in two part in the time slot between 09:00 and 10:00 on Fuji TV, on April 7, 2013, which is one week after the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods premiered in Japan. A special pre-sale Collaboration Ticket for the 2013 Battle of Gods and One Piece Z movies went on sale on November 23, 2012. The dual-ticket has a special illustration by both Eiichirō Oda and Akira Toriyama featuring Luffy and Goku.
The three franchises in the Super Collaboration Special also collaborate in the 2013 crossover game J-Stars Victory Vs. Characters from Dragon Ball and One Piece are also featured together in the video games Jump Super Stars (2005), Battle Stadium D.O.N (2006), Jump Ultimate Stars (2006), and Battle Taikan Gomu Gomu no Kamehameha (2008).
- Instant Transmission - Used by Goku to meet with King Kai, and later to reach the battle with Akami. Copied and later used by Akami.
- 108 Caliber Phoenix - Used by Zoro against Vegeta.
- Sound Bazooka - Used by Zebra against Vegeta.
- Galick Gun - Vegeta fires Galick Guns from both hands to counter Zoro and Zebra's attacks from both sides.
- Fusion Dance - Used by Goten and Trunks to become Gotenks.
- Gum Gum Bell - Used by Luffy after being hit in the head by Goku.
- 10-Fold Spiked Punch - Used by Toriko against Goku.
- Gear Second - Used by Luffy to fight Toriko.
- Gum Gum Jet Bazooka - Used by Luffy against Toriko.
- Fork Shield - Used by Toriko to block Luffy's Gum Gum Jet Bazooka.
- Leg Knife - Used by Toriko to counterattack Luffy.
- Gum Gum Jet Pistol - Used by Luffy against Goku, but Goku kicks him before he can land the blow.
- Energy Wave - A yellow energy wave used by Goku in an attempt to defeat Toriko and Luffy.
- Gear Third: Armament Hardening - Used by Luffy to prepare the final blow in the battle against Toriko and Goku.
- Intimidation - Used by Toriko to prepare the final blow in the battle against Luffy and Goku.
- Super Saiyan - Used by Goku to prepare the final blow the battle against Luffy and Toriko.
- Gum Gum Elephant Gatling - Used by Luffy to finish Toriko and Goku.
- 18-Fold Spiked Punch - Used by Toriko to finish Luffy and Goku.
- Kamehameha - Used several times by Goku.
- Super Kamehameha - Used by Goku when trying to defeat Toriko and Luffy, and then against Akami. Akami compies and uses it in the form of a Mouth Energy Wave against Goku.
- Energy Drain - Used by Akami to steal the energy of several characters.
- Diable Jambe - Used by Sanji to fight Akami.
- Hair Net - Used by Sunny to help Sanji from falling.
- Spatula - Used by Sunny to counter Akami's attacks.
- Sky Walk - Used by Sanji to reach Akami.
- Poêle à Frire: Spectre - Used by Sanji in an attempt to defeat Akami.
- Light Grenade - Used by Piccolo in an attempt to defeat Akami.
- Poison Sword - Used by Coco to save Brook from Akami's tentacles.
- Poison Cannon - Used by Coco in an attempt to strike Akami, but it dodges it.
- Regeneration - Used by Akami to regenerate its tentacles whenever they are damaged.
- Fusion Dance - Used by Goten and Trunks to become Gotenks and fight Akami.
- Iron Pirate: General Franky - Used by Franky to fight Akami.
- Franky Radical Beam: Used in an attempt to defeat Akami, but it drains Franky's life energy before he can perform the move.
- Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack - Used by Gotenks in an attempt to defeat Akami.
- Gum Gum Jet Pistol - Used by Luffy to save Toriko from Akami's surprise attack.
- Instant Transmission - Used by Goku to help Luffy and Toriko against Akami.
- Super Saiyan - Used by Goku to fight Akami.
- Fork, Knife & 5-Fold Spiked Punch - Used by Toriko against Akami.
- Gum Gum Bullet, Stamp & Bell - Used by Luffy against Akami.
- Super Kamehameha - Used by Goku in a combination attack with Luffy and Toriko in an attempt to defeat Akami.
- 36-Fold Twin Spiked Punch - Used by Toriko in a combination attack with Luffy and Goku in an attempt to defeat Akami.
- Gum Gum Elephant Gun - Used by Luffy in a combination attack with Toriko and Goku in an attempt to defeat Akami.
- Mouth Energy Wave - Used by Akami against Super Saiyan Goku.
- Continuous Kamehameha - Used by Goku while fighting Akami. Copied by Akami and then used against Toriko.
- Mimicry - Used by Akami to copy the techniques of Goku, Toriko, and Luffy.
- Spirit Bomb - Used by Goku in an attempt to defeat Akami.
- Energy Drain - Used by Akami in an attempt to cancel Goku's Spirit Bomb.
- Gum Gum Elephant Gatling - Used by Luffy to help Goku's Spirit Bomb.
- 36-Fold Twin Spiked Punch - Used by Toriko to help Goku's Spirit Bomb.
- Super Saiyan 3 - Used by Goku to perform the True Kamehameha.
- True Kamehameha - Used by Goku to finally defeat Akami.