"It was poetic using Earth's dragon to save me from Earth's Hell. Oh, you can't imagine the depths of my suffering there. I spent most of my days strung up like a damn pupating moth, trapped over a field of delicate little flowers where bands of angels and fairies and enchanted stuffed animals lived! They played songs and danced asinine jigs as if their only care in life, was when they would get their next warm, fuzzy hug! Instead of ruling the universe with an iron fist, I was serenaded by teddy bears!"
Earth's Hell (地球の地獄 Chikyū no jigoku), is a district of Hell, close to Other World, where evil characters go if they died on Earth. Though it wasn't shown in the original Dragon Ball manga, it is seen in Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ and Dragon Ball Super.
Hell has drastically changed due to Akira Toriyama being more involved. The area in which Frieza is kept is a scenic, flowery field with trees throughout it, run by the Angels of Hell. Frieza is sealed in a cocoon, hanging from a tree above a field of flowers where stuffed animals parade while fairies and angels dance. Earth's Hell notably has more areas aside from this flower field, such as an underwater area where the flower field in which Frieza was kept is located, a rocky volcanic area above that section and a frozen tundra. Bats appear to be a common inhabitant of hell.
Dragon Ball Z
Hell appears in Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’. Frieza is in Hell being tortured by the Angels of Hell while they played their music. Sorbet and Tagoma wished Frieza back to the living world, Frieza leaving his cocoon in Hell. As Frieza was revived and killed again, he was sent back to his personal Hell after his death by Goku, again being tortured by the Angels.
Dragon Ball Super
In the Golden Frieza Saga, Frieza is in Hell being tortured by the Angels of Hell as they play their music and mess with him. Frieza, after fourteen years, is able to leave his cocoon in Hell because he is wished back by Sorbet and Tagoma using the Earth's Dragon Balls. Frieza returns to his cocoon in Hell after being killed by Goku, though this time in his organic body. A manga extra feature reveals that he is joined in Earth's Hell by his subordinates Sorbet and Shisami.
In the Universe Survival Saga, upon discovering that Majin Buu will not wake up in time for the Tournament of Power, Goku has Baba resurrect Frieza from Hell for 24 hours so he can participate as part of Team Universe 7.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 as part of the Super Pack 1 DLC, the Earth's Hell of Universe 6 appears in a parallel timeline featured in New Parallel Quest: "Universe 6 in a Fix!. It is invaded by Supervillain Janemba who's reality warping powers cause it to take on an appearance identical to how he altered Earth's Hell of Universe 7 in Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn. Janemba is confronted by Hit who manages to defeat him with the assistance of the Future Warrior after they managed to stop Supervillain Golden Frieza and Supervillain Broly's attack on the restored Earth of Universe 6. However after defeating Janemba, they are confronted by Supervillain Omega Shenron and Super 17 (Imperfect Supervillain). However they are defeated by the Future Warrior and Hit who use Pure Progress to grow stronger in order to stand toe-to-toe with the two villains.
- Angels of Hell - Guardians of Earth's Hell. They watch over Frieza while he's in his cocoon.
- Frieza - An evil galactic tyrant and emperor who was responsible for billions of deaths, including the genocide of the Saiyans. He controlled a vast army and empire who did his bidding. Murdered King Vegeta, Bardock, Cargo (in the manga), Vegeta, Dende, Grand Elder Guru (shorten life span), and Krillin. Tried to kill Goku, Gohan, Nail, Piccolo, and Future Trunks. Although mortally injured by Goku, he was then killed by Trunks and is sent to Hell. After fourteen years, Frieza is revived by Sorbet and Tagoma but is sent back when he is killed by Goku.
- Sorbet - The commander of Frieza's army. Helped in Frieza's invasion of Earth and was killed by Vegeta. Shown to be in Earth's Hell in the bonus pages of Warriors of Universe 6.
- Shisami - An elite soldier of Frieza's army. Helped in Frieza's invasion of Earth and was killed by Frieza (in the movie) or Tagoma (in the anime). Shown to be in Earth's Hell in the bonus pages of Warriors of Universe 6.
- Dr. Mashirito - Evil scientist who appeared in the Dr. Slump series was Killed by Obotchaman, returned from Hell as a ghost to get revenge.
- According to Frieza, if Earth gets destroyed, Earth's Hell gets erased or expunged along with it. However it is possible that Frieza was speaking metaphorically (as by destroying Earth, its Hell would expunged from his memory).
|Planets||Grand Kai's planet • King Kai's planet • Kaishin • Sacred World of the Kai • Heaven|
|Locations||Cave of the Ancients • Check-In Station • Freezing Tundra of Hell • Furnace of Eight Divisions • Grand Kai's mansion • Hell (Earth's Hell) • Princess Snake's palace • Other World Stadium • Sugoroku Space • Yemma Forest|
|Roads||Battlefield Royale • Snake Way|