Earth Reborn (ベジータの秘策!!神龍と2つの願い, Bejīta no Hisaku!! Porunga to Futatsu no Negai) is the eighth episode of the Kid Buu Saga and the two hundred eighty-third overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on November 15, 1995. Its original American air date was March 25, 2003.
The episode begins with the fat Majin Buu and Mr. Satan fighting Kid Buu. Vegeta is mad at Goku because he was unable to power up. Goku tells him that he learned to be a Super Saiyan 3 when he was dead and he did not know that his body uses twice as much energy while alive.
Vegeta tells Dende and Kibito Kai to go to New Namek and wish Earth back. Old Kai does not want to, but Dende coaxes him into going there. Goku asks why he wants to wish Earth back now. Then Vegeta asks how many times Goku has saved the Earth. Goku says that it has been at least half a dozen, to which Vegeta replies that it is time for the Earth to save itself for once.
Meanwhile, Dende and the others make it to New Planet Namek. When Dende reaches there, he receives a warm welcome and learns that the Namekians have already gathered the Dragon Balls and even upgraded Porunga's powers after that intense battle with Frieza. Then Dende asks Vegeta for the wishes, to which Vegeta replies: bring back Earth and all its inhabitants, excluding of the most evil ones. Dende makes the wishes after a minor setback.
Back on the planet, Majin Buu and Kid Buu are fighting. Mr. Satan is in the middle trying to help the fat Buu, always getting kicked off quickly. Meanwhile, the Earth and all the good people who died after the destruction in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament are wished back, including Old Kai, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Goten, Trunks, Bulma, Videl, Yamcha, Android 18, Marron, Master Roshi, Ox-King, Mr. Popo and Chi-Chi. Goku becomes glad that Vegeta is a good guy. Goku asks Vegeta what his plan is and asks Vegeta if he can bring their sons and Piccolo to join the battle, but Vegeta tells him no and reveals that his plan is to revive the citizens and create a Spirit Bomb using the energy from the Earth to destroy Kid Buu.
- Good Buu and Mr. Satan vs. Kid Buu
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "The Dragon Theme" - When Poring is summoned by Elder Morri on Namek to revive Earth and most everyone who had been killed since the morning of the World Martial Arts Tournament except the most evil beings.
- This episode picks up where "Old Buu Emerges" had left off.
- Mr. Satan bites Kid Buu in this episode. This is the third time Buu is bitten. The first is when Gotenks bites Super Buu's arm, and the second is when Goku bites Kid Buu's head.
- Old Kai's Halo is missing when he first arrives on New Namek. It shows up after that.
- Mr. Satan is shown to overcome his normal cowardice and help his only friend, Buu, fight his evil half.
- In overview, the actions of Kid Buu and the specifics of the wish granted by Porunga caused crime on the restored Earth to be reduced as any truly evil beings weren't restored.