Feeding Frenzy (異次元からの脱出!!超ゴテンクス3, Jigen kara no Dasshutsu!! Sūpā Gotenkusu Suri) is the seventh episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred sixtieth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on March 15, 1995. Its original American air date was October 23, 2002.
Piccolo had just blasted the doorway to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber making there no way to get out. Gotenks goes crazy because he knew that if he used his special move he could kill Super Buu. Super Buu is confused and asked if he would be able to eat candy again and Piccolo tells him that he will never eat it again. Hearing the news Super Buu gets mad because he is hungry. On the lookout everyone is wondering what that big blast was they heard and Mr. Popo tells them that Piccolo has blasted the door so they are stuck in there and Bulma berates the others for letting Goten and Trunks to go into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to get killed by Super Buu. Now Gotenks gets mad and yells at Piccolo because he won't be able go live a child's life, and Piccolo yells back at him. Out of nowhere, Super Buu yells because he is hungry. The vibrations caused by the scream blow a hole in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and he gets out. However, the hole closed before Piccolo and Gotenks could make it out. They then get the idea to try to do what Super Buu did but, it didn't work. Goku saw what happened and is worried that the world will be destroyed. Gohan is still undergoing his training so he asks Goku what is going on, but Goku tells him nothing.
Back on Earth at the lookout the rest of that gang are all nerves seeing that Super Buu got out. Krillin then gets an idea to attack Super Buu while Android 18 has everyone run before Krillin bids Android 18 and promises her that he will see her again when he is revived with the Dragon Balls. However, it failed and Krillin was turned into candy. Then Super Buu goes and turns Android 18 and Marron into candy and does the same thing to the rest of the people (excluding Dende, who was thrown off the lookout by Mr. Popo) on Kami's Lookout. Back in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber Piccolo and Gotenks are still trying to blow a hole to get out but failing to do so. Then Gotenks starts to talk about the special move again and Piccolo hits him and makes him do it. Out of nowhere Gotenks charges up and turns Super Saiyan 3.
Piccolo is in shock that a child could have so much power. Gotenks then brags about how cool he looks. He then goes a screams and blows a hole in the chamber and Piccolo and him get out. Super Buu is just sitting on the ground eating candy as they come out. Goku is happy that they went Super Saiyan 3 because it took him his whole life to go that high. Supreme Kai thinks that Super Saiyan 3 was an effect of that Fusion until Goku tells him that he can reach it also. Back on the lookout Super Buu sees that Gotenks has a new look. Piccolo asks Super Buu where everyone is and he says that they are in him. Gotenks gets mad and starts to charge up because Bulma was dead. As the episode ends Gotenks goes to hit Super Buu.
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Underwater" - When Super Buu rips a hole in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
- "SSJ3 Transformation" - When Gotenks transforms into a Super Saiyan 3.
- "Hyperbolic Time Chamber (soundtrack 1)" - When SSJ3 Gotenks started powering up after finding out Super Buu destroyed everyone.
- Upon their return to the Lookout, Piccolo says "It's completely ruined... again!" This is likely a reference to the damage that was done during the Garlic Jr. Saga.
- The following people were killed in this episode when Buu ate them: Krillin, Android 18, Marron, Yamcha, Bulma, Videl, Ox-King, Master Roshi, Oolong, Puar, and Mr. Popo. For Krillin, this marked the third time he was killed in the Dragon Ball manga and anime series; he was previously killed by Tambourine and Frieza.
- For Yamcha, this marked the second time was killed in the Dragon Ball manga and anime series; he was previously killed by one of the Saibamen.
- For Bulma, Videl, Android 18, Marron, Ox-King, Oolong, Puar and Mr. Popo; this marks the first and only time that they were killed in the Dragon Ball manga and anime series.
- Krillin, Android 18, Marron, Yamcha, Bulma, Videl, Ox-King, Master Roshi, Oolong, Puar and Mr. Popo are later revived in "Earth Reborn".
- Dende is the only person to survive as Mr. Popo quickly throws him off the lookout before he is turned into chocolate by Super Buu, which would later be revealed in "Search for Survivors".
- Mr. Satan, Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu, and Yajirobe are now the only known humans left alive on Earth (not counting the half-Saiyans Trunks and Goten).
- This is the last episode in the Japanese version where Kouhei Miyauchi voices Master Roshi due to his death. Coincidentally, Master Roshi dies in this episode too, which is his second death as he was previously killed by King Piccolo.
- For a short time while Gotenks is about to become Super Saiyan 3, he has the aura of a Super Saiyan 2. This is the only time there is a brief view of what Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks would look like.
- This episode picked up where "Trapped in Forever" had left off.