Final Showdown (最後の賭け!! Saigo no Kake!!) is the twenty-first episode of the King Piccolo Saga and the one hundred twenty-second episode in the Dragon Ball series. The episode first aired on August 10, 1988.
Sensing he is in a losing battle, King Piccolo resorts to cowardice, threatening to kill an exhausted Tien Shinhan, if Goku moves a muscle. Yamcha reaches the place and lands his plane. Yajirobe has also arrived to watch Goku fight, hesitating whether he should or should not fight. Upon discovering that King Piccolo killed Shenron, Goku resigns himself to endure repetitive pains for Tien's sake, getting his limbs crippled one at a time, save his right arm, which Piccolo conveniently forgets to attack. With Goku incapacitated, King Piccolo prepares to finish him off, but Goku uses his full power in his right fist using a one-handed Kamehameha to propel himself at King Piccolo with great speed and punching a hole through King Piccolo's torso. Seconds before King Piccolo's death, he uses the last of his energy to create his final offspring. Yajirobe saves Goku from falling to his death and retrieves Tien. Tien is motivated to train better than ever and is deeply impressed by Goku's incredible skill and courage.
- When King Piccolo holds up his hands, he is seen with red blood.
- In the scene where Yajirobe thinks about what Goku said about giving him a free meal, his speed-o-metre reads the speed of 88 mph. This could be a reference to the 1985 movie .
- In the scene where Yamcha tells Bulma that it is too dangerous and he will proceed alone, Launch is behind them holding a Commando , where actress Rae Dawn Chong does almost the same thing. rocket launcher backwards and accidentally fires it. This could be a reference to the 1985 film
- This is the last episode until "Next Up, Goku" where Goku kills someone.
- Upon seeing Goku alive after his second energy wave, Piccolo states that he's fought all over the universe yet Goku is the first person strong enough to face him directly. This is shown in Dragon Ball Z to be false as Piccolo was never shown to have returned to the spaceship that the Nameless Namekian took to Earth before he split into Kami and Piccolo. This is only in the English version. In the Japanese version he only expresses shock that Goku, a mere human, could stand up to his power.