|Forum → Do you think there will be a new series of dragonball z or gt or whatever after Dragonball Kai||Post|
dragonballz abslon is the complete new seriesby dbz is fanstastic is real no fake. dragonball af is really fake .
dragonball abslon is real a new series a fantastci the episode 2 come out on 13 feb-2013 .
I think theres a reason why they remastered Kai to introduce a new series, I looked online forever and can't find anything to support this
- I think the reason they are doing Kai is to make more money. With a new spin on an amine which is getting older, the producers of Dragon Ball Kai are surely looking to increase sales of Dragon Ball merchandise. In case you haven't gotten your hands on the Dragon Ball Kai episodes already aired, the series is simply a relaunch of the original Dragon Ball Z anime, albeit with about 2/3 of the content from the first release removed (hopefully only filler). -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 09:02, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
I agree. Dragon Ball Z is a huge merchandising hit all over the world. Here in the United States, Funimation is trying to milk DBZ to the very last drop. First they started releasing those Ultimate Uncut DVD's, then canceled that series and started doing the orange season box sets, now they are coming out with English versions of the Dragon Box's. It's apparent that after all these years, Dragon Ball Z is still going strong. I think creating a new series would bring in boatloads of money and I agree that Dragon Ball Kai (and Yo! Son Goku and his friends Return) is sort of warming up to an eventual debut of a new series. or at least I hope.
- It porobably would, however it would be kinda messed up though, in my opinion. I say that because I love the filler parts, most of them anyway, so it's like getting a car with a paintjob missing, the needed parts work but it's cool to pimp it out sometimes! —This unsigned comment was made by MacCooler (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!.
:*No, they made Kai to celebrate the 20th Anniversery of the Series I think. And I doubt they would make a new series. DBGT was the offical last series and with the way it ended pretty much confirmed that a new series wasnt coming (with all the Z-fighters dead). A new one would be cool but with the way GT was received (alot of people hated it, im not sure why), they probably wont take chances.
- Nimbus69 02:09, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
My 2 cents...
Hopefully they'll just continue DBZ, ditching GT altogether (GT was terrible, unwatchable at points even). It would make perfect sense considering they went through the trouble of remastering the series again and with Yo Son Goku and Friends Return creating animation from scratch. Also, considering that the intro sections to episodes have the same animation style of the special I wouldn't be surprised if DBZ made a comeback as Toei would not invest money in creating new animation for a "finished" product unless it was supposed to last for a while.
The way I see it there is a lot of evidence to suggest that there will be a new series:
1. Dragonball Aniversary - Dragonball is getting old and yet it is still fresh and its still a huge franchise, but there hasn't been any real new content in a while and old fans are getting tired of watching the same stuff over and over again.
2. Another remastered release - Sure HD content is great and there wasn't any HD Dragonball before Kai, but the lack of an HD version of DBZ alone hardly warants a full remastering of the series up to the point where Toei is creating entire new sequences and reconstructing frame by frame of hundreds of episodes. Sure, they removed a lot of the filler, cutting down the costs of remastering the series, but an HD remastered series alone is not enough to reignite a dying fanbase, and Toei knows that.
3. Latest TV Special - Why would they even bother releasing a new TV special set within the DBZ timeline (before Gohan marries Videl and bla bla bla) and give it such a name if they had no intention of going somewhere with the series.
4. Dragonball Online - Sure, this may be a little farfetched but considering that DBO is getting released sometime soon and its plot supposedly ignores events of GT, it makes perfect sense that there is something else going on too. Most fans like the idea of a game where you can create your own DB character and do stuff seen on the manga and anime, but considering DB hasn't been getting any new content lately and most DB games are largely fanfare, a solid videogame release set in its universe seems to be coming at an odd timing, that is unless they have an ace up their sleeve.
5. Dragonball GT - Considering that a lot of fans where not satisfied with DBGT, it would make sense that a new series be put together to fix what GT did wrong.
6. Dragonball Franchise - Ultimately, a franchise as big as DB is can't possibly survive forever unless it puts out some new substancial content out soon. It is similar to Marvel's reawakening of their franchises when they started making movies out of their comic book characters in a regular schedule. They might have pissed off some fans with the movies, but they still put out some good comic books to appease the real fans and atracted some major attention to their franchises with the movies. Likewise, the Star Wars franchise is being kept alive the same way. Even though Clone Wars was an animated release it is still considered "canon" Star Wars. It's safe to say that there will be a "real" Star Wars movie released sometime soon. Therefore, it would be a pretty safe bet to say that there will be a new Dragonball series at one point in time, and the way the evidence is stacked right now, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if after Kai is finished we end up seeing a continuation of the series picking up where Yo Son Goku and Friends Return, left of.
The only reason I can see for not continuing the series at this time is if Toriyama wants it to die off, but even if he does, someone else will pick it up. Painfuldeath 04:49, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
My idea is i think that they should make a new series that ignore the events of gt and just continue dragon ball z like new villians and have trunks come back AGAIN and say what happend to goku and then goku prevents him turning into a child and what not and more villians maybe a return of cell or king cold i dont know but i think that would be good or just have kai pick up with that idea ya know so that then its like another timeline
or tech. they could ignore heros legacy seeing as that... only 1 of the dbz movies actually fits with time timeline.. which i believe is wrath of the dragon. so if they scrap heros legacy for it being a special and really having not much do with the actual series you go do so.. or ignore the last episode of dbgt and say that was an alternate time line yet again
Gogeta and Vegito will fuse
There will be a new series where goku and vegito do the potara fusion again and become Vegito.They say that the new enemy is able to transport himself and others to past and future.SO Vegito is transported to the past and meets goku and vegeta he explains everything snd makes them fuse into gogeta and they both fuse again using the fusion dance and the create gogito.
Since they did it for the 20th anniversary of Dragon Ball Z, I don't really know if it would be worth making a 25th anniversary for Dragon Ball. Seeing the animation of Dragon Ball updated would look pretty decent I think. They could also potentially cut out some filler too like the did for Dragon Ball Kai. Kythxnne 02:12, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Leave it as it is!
Seriously, they mustn'y do anything to the Dragonball franchise. If they continue this 20 years later it will be awful, the plot will suck, and you've seen GT, it was okay but another GT in 2011 is an in
new dbz series it is dragonballz abslon is fantastic read this i see it by my own eye fantastci!
umm actualy the way they left it goku goes with the dragon balls and they even say they whould return many years later. why can they not pick it up from then. the balls return pan's grand son goku and some new people have to do .......... becuse of the return of the dragon balls. if you cant make a whole new saga off that you are just dumb. yes they killed off the old so make new they left openings to do it
A good move
I think they should pick up gt but improve it by goku being a boy he can further his fighters growth and we can see more super levels and what the future of their off spring and what strengths they would achieve.18.104.22.168 11:11, October 5, 2012 (UTC)P.A
Only time will tell. At least DBM helps pass the time. 22.214.171.124 12:28, October 5, 2012 (UTC)
Eventually whether it be new series they make or not, they will do something big for it. Dragon ball z has lasted this long and they won't let it die away anytime soon. They are going to have to do something sooner or later other than video games to keep it going--Ssj3gogeta96 (talk) 23:06, January 18, 2013 (UTC)ssj3gogeta96
There might be a new dragon ball z who knows. They might not be another one. There should be another one everyone likes it.