This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forum → Goku and Gohan's main images||Post|
When voting, simply place your signature or username under the image of your choice in each category. Keep in mind that images are still being added at this stage, so votes may change as new images are entered into the discussion.
- Ssjgohanwithotherforms.jpg (Current Image)
- None of the above
So here's my plea. With the amazing images Beadtmdc has been uploading since his joining the wiki, hundreds of characters now have fantastic, great quality main images for their infoboxes. Goku and Gohan seem to be the only exception to this, they have images taken from the Daizenshuu guides, meaning they are not animated but rather drawn. I personally would rather give them each a new main image, plenty exist (some have already been uploaded), so we could all as a community pick candidates and choose one from there, but I wanted to gather everyone's opinion as well. Thanks guys!
- I agree, though I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas. :-) My only thought is that they should probably be in their base forms, with Goku being adult, and Gohan being in either his late childhood or early teens. I guess it depends a lot on what candidates get brought forth though. -- 05:05, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes me too, the current images are very nice, I would prefer to have new images. It's a good idea to have Goku in his base form, and I definitely think we should have Gohan in his early teens, maybe Cell Sagas? Since whenever I think of Gohan, his teen form is the one that always comes into my head. I dunno about the rest of you guys? 09:33, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
- new images wud be great. i think u shud put up ones dat show the whole body, like the one on vegeta's page.TheDarkPrinceReturns! 13:06, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
I do like the current images of both characters. One, it shows when Goku was a teen up to when he was an adult. Second, Gohan from early Dragon Ball Z up to The Cell Games. That's why I haven't done absolutely nothing to any of them. But I like the idea of replacing Goku's image with one when he was an adult. About Gohan, I think an image from the Namek or The Cell Games saga would be awesome.
14:17, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
I like both of the images. However constistency does look better, and we need whole body shots, like TheDarkPrinceReturns! stated. Lets see the possible canidates and I will decide from there Brolythelegend 17:05, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
- So we all seem to agree on changing the images, let's wait a bit longer and gather a few more opinions. Perhaps now we can start finding candidates for the images to use, and of course we can simply move their current main images into their articles, such as under "Appearance and Personality" etc.
Good idea, since it shows the growth of the characters throughout the series20:57, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I dunno really, I'd assume the images look well fitting to the articles. Although they differ in that they incorporate many progressions of the characters in terms of their age brackets, they still deliver the best possible resource for showcasing character development in a single artwork. If they are to be altered, I'd assume it's best to put in full-body shots which have been replacing the majority of the other character articles. - 21:19, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, I agree too. I really like Goku and Gohan's current main images, but since practically every character has a main image of them from the anime, it would be unfair that we keep two main images that are not from the anime. I'm sure we can find main images of Goku and Gohan that are suitable. However, that doesn't mean we want the current images deleted; I'm sure we can find some use for them in the future.
I like the pictures but feel that they don't look right with the rest of the article. They look too old compared to the rest of the article. If we do change them, they should be full body shots. Gohan would pose a slight problem as there would be debate over which time period of Gohan to use. I personally think that if we change them, Gohan should be in his Cell era appearance.23:22, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, I think I'm coming a little late to the party, but this is what I think. I personally don't really like the current Goku image. The aspect ratio on it always seemed a little... off, almost like it was squished a little bit. I like the idea of the pictures of especially these two characters containing their many forms and ages. I think we can do better for the Gohan image. Perhaps something that includes his adult form as well as some child ones. The currect one has too many pictures that all take place over the course of a few weeks. I agree about finding new pictures, and I would like to add some possible candidates as well. I am assuming that we are not allowing any fan-made images or edited images (such as placing multiple pictures together into one to show all ages of a character) in this, right? Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 01:34, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
- yeh, gohan's image shud be from cell saga wen he was a teen. dat was his most defining moment.TheDarkPrinceReturns! 02:16, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
Here's a few candidates for Goku I came across, they are over to the right. I also asked Beadtmdc for his help in finding images, so I'm sure we can find a good one for both Goku and Gohan!
While these are very nice pictures, I don't think they really represent who Goku is as a character. I really think we are going to need something that includes many smaller pictures of Goku at different times throughout the series. I know there is some sentiment about only showing the base forms on these infobox pictures, but the transformations really are a big part of the story and the character's personality. Perhaps something that shows Goku as a child, a Great Ape, an adult, and perhaps the first level of Super Saiyan? I think something similar would work for Gohan as well. Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 01:33, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
That's my 2 cents worth. The first two r for Gohan, the last is for Goku, it is when he arrived on Namek, except when he was standing over Gohan. =/
I think these are good for the multiple appearances and ages. Some are either not big enough, or possibly not clear enough, but they are open for discussion. Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 02:38, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
I made this for the Evolution of Goku. Nice little message to Goku from Bardock in middle, just for fun!
- I'm confused, I thought those who wanted a change wanted it because there are multiple images in the infobox, and they just want one. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 03:12, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
I think it would be nice to have only one image, but these two characters make it really difficult as they are the only two to go noticeably through their growth periods (from childhood through adulthood) in the series. With only one image, it becomes difficult to actually capture the personality and attitude of the character throughout his entire life. Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 03:22, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I personally still prefer just ONE main image of a full body shot, but that's just me.
I added two more images, one is Gohan as Full-power Super Saiyan and the other is from the Namek Saga.
14:02, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
Just to be clear, I moved the Gokuevo.jpg is my creation, and I uploaded it, in case you've never seen it before. So should we all vote on all the ones posted? GameFAQS 18:27, June 28, 2010 (UTC)GameFAQS
- Added a few more for Goku, I'm not going to vote until we've collected even more. So far I personally am not happy with any of the Gohan candidates, but some of the Goku's I do like.
Yeah, perhaps voting to hastily is a bad choice. I wonder how many more candidates we are going to add though before we get some that people can agree on. This could take a while... Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 01:37, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
Why didn't anyone tell me about this discussion?! I have been trying to change both of the character's main images for awhile, but my edits were always reverted and the main reason I received was because everyone liked the current images better. This discussion proves it to be false. I also thought the images were awkward and too old compared with all the nice current ones provided by Beadtmdc. I think as many people have said we should have full body images capturing their personalities for each, In my opinion we should have Goku as an adult from DBZ, (maybe later in the series from the Cell Games to the end of the series since he has the most growth there) and for Gohan his teen self from the Android/Cell arc. I also think their base forms are best as everyone else's is like that. I will also look for image candidates on my own or just ask Beadtmdc to help or for a specific image. As for the current images I believe SSJGoku93 has the right idea with inserting them into the article under "Appearance and Personality". That way they are still useful on the wiki. I hope my thoughts really helped everyone with this matter. As a frequent visitor/editor I think I have proven my enthusiasm for the wiki to be the best it possibly can. I believe we will all come to a reasonable decision soon. Banan14kab 09:25, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
- That's probably because people's opinion can change or the ones you uploaded were not as good as the current image, hence why we are still discussing an image change lol. 07:13, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
Also, I think a picture like the FPSSJ Gohan at the end, except in his base form. If there is such a picture. I think that that is the sort of age we should capture him at. I also like the Goku picture about to face Vegeta.09:09, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Don't forget to vote everybody! -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:35, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I thought there was more images going to be added possibly, I was just waiting to see? 20:38, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
I don't think there is a picture of Gohan in his Piccolo-based uniform when he isn't a FPSS. He recieved the outfit from Piccolo as an FPSS after exiting the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. And he didn't power down into his base form until after Cell was defeated, when the outfit was severly damaged, torn, and broken. Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 20:52, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't mind the outfit, I mean the age that that he is at, his late teens I think 20:55, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
The only instance I can think of were Gohan is donning that outfit with being a FPSSJ would be in Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan. Perhaps we could find a good image from that movie? It does fit exactly what we're looking for. As for Goku, I do love the image of him looking toward Vegeta, but I'd love one from the Cell Arc even more. I've seen great images of his face, but can't seem to find other good full body ones.
I agree SSJGoku93! I also like the Goku Frieza one, but I think I know the Cell one you speak of, I think that would be great if there was a full body shot21:28, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
Hmm, there are also pictures of Gohan during Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound where he is wearing the Kame-style outfit. He is the same age in those, and often I like that outfit on him more. I'll try and find some to add them. I think he's shown in his Piccolo uniform too often, and it might be a nice change. Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 21:36, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
Hey you guys. I have a suggestion. We could use images of Gohan in the Cell Saga after he defeated Cell. He is still in his teens then and I think it could work. He had some nice clothing on then. Also as it was suggested earlier we could use images from either Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan or Bojack Unbound. I'll try to look for some. Anyway for Goku let's try to find one definitely from the Android/Cell arc. I'll keep searching. Banan14kab 03:38, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds great Banan14kab, thanks a bunch!
Ok, so it sounds like we are all pretty much agreed on this one image that we like, we just need to wait for someone to find it and upload it. Correct?07:22, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Let's see what we can find before we call it a sure thing. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 08:17, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
I've just found that image above when Goku arrives to Namek. I assume it's from a magazine or something. What do you guys think?
10:35, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I like it bedtmdc, but can't you get the remastered image like most of the other images you have uploaded onto the wiki?
- I was trying to find that image actually Banan14kab 11:18, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- This was the best image I found. Yeah, me too. I think the image were Goku fights against Vegeta is the best.
- 11:55, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
I finally found it, check the new image.
12:14, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
They are pretty good actually. The only thing I don't like about the Goku - Vegeta fight, is Goku's hair. Anyone else?13:27, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
the pic where kakarot has his back turned obviously cant be used.TheDarkPrinceReturns! 13:59, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Clearly, there are quite shouldn't be used 14:04, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- For Gohan, my opinion is, there should be a main picture of him as a kid, then one of the bio pictures, he can be a pre-teen, and keep the picture where he's a teenager.
15:49, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- If only that image of Goku preparing to fight Vegeta had Goku with his hair straight, darn wind! Haha, I'm hopeful we can find a few other good candidates as well. As for Gohan, so far I'm personally not happy with any of them.
I know, its annoying. Photoshop ;). Yeah, none of the Gohan images are appealing to me, as of yet anyway21:17, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, but I tried adding alot more, of Gohan AND Goku, but it is being dumb. You can see them in the upload log. I can't seem to get them to work. GameFAQS ( talk · contribs ) 21:32, July 2, 2010 (UTC)GameFAQS
- It seems like we've got a consensus on the Goku image, does someone wanna go ahead and add it to the Goku article? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:11, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Done! It's up. We still need one for Gohan though.
The one for Goku is great!00:27, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Banan14kab, we are looking for full body images 21:18, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
Hey man I'm trying. These are the best I could find so far. If you can find better full body images please contribute. Also you should consider becoming a registered user. Banan14kab 19:19, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Whoops, that above post was made by me, I have no idea why I wasn't signed in 21:18, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
Well this forum is going nowhere fast, with a tie for first between not changing the image and them all being insufficient. Ideas? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:30, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Of the ones pictured above so far, I'm somewhat partial to the one where he's fighting the Spice Boys. Still, I haven't really seen one that shouts "I'm the one, pick me!!!" yet. :-( -- 03:36, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
I agree. It's almost like picking from the lesser of evils instead of one that deserves to win. I wonder if our problem is not the quality of the photos, but instead the time period we have "decided" to pull from? Perhaps we could have a picture of an adult Gohan for a while. Maybe something of him training with the Z-Sword, or while he was fighting Super Buu? Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 03:47, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, the only one that I would consider picking is the one where he is holding the Z-Sword. I also really like the Full Power Super Saiyan full body shot, I just wish we could find one from the same time era, without him being a FPSS. 11:03, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
Well some new images came in and they feature Gohan from the time he was teaching Videl how to fly. I think we could use Gohan as an adult for the main image and I prefer this one right here. I did a preview for how it would look on the Gohan article and it looked great. Any objections?21:39, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I personally like the one with the Z-Sword better than the one where he is training Videl. I think it's just more colorful, and looks better at the top of a page. Only my opinion. Dragon Ball Z GT Goku 21:45, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
I like the Gohan image where he's teaching Videl. The image of Gohan with the Z-Sword does cover more of his body than the image of Gohan training Videl, but I prefer the latter because he is in the nearly identical Piccolo-styled attire he wore as a child. Various video games also have the outfit. Still, that's my opinion too, so let's just see what everyone else thinks before we come to an agreement.22:02, August 5, 2010
- It's a nice profile, probably the best of the lot in terms of a straight-forward image. However, I still prefer the current image. It seems to do a great job of representing Gohan's personality throughout the series. His playfulness as a toddler, timidness as a child, determination as a preteen, and rise to maturity as a teenager are made quite clear by this one illustration. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:44, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
That image is great SSJ2AJB, however I think I still prefer the Z-Sword one also. I'm not entirely sure though.23:54, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- That maybe true 10X Kamehameha, but we can still use it for the appearance part of the article like we did with
Goku. Just because we want a new main image does not mean we have to trash it. Also I think only one image of Gohan should suffice for his main image. Look how well all the other articles look now with full body images. Banan14kab 02:54, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
Well, how about we try this: we can include the other two images into the Gohan article to replace other images. Here are my opinions: 10X Kamehameha, while I like the current and agree to use it as the main image, that would be out of line because it looks a little fan-art and practically every character has a main image from the anime. Still, the illustration of his personality and appearances in the series is something I can't refuse, so we could probably put it under the Gohan article's "Appearance" section in place of the File:Gohan forms.jpeg image, which is also an image of Gohan's appearances. Though that image has more of Gohan's appearances, so I actually kind of doubt we can replace it, but I'm sure we'll find a way. SSJ4 Lewich, to be honest, I find the image of Gohan with the Z-Sword kinda odd. Don't get me wrong though, I think Gohan with the Z-Sword is pretty good. It's just his Kai outfit looks a little uncommon compared to his usual attires (I don't have anything against Kais though). We can still use that image in the "The ancient evil, Majin Buu" section in place of the File:232-52.jpg image, since that one is similar. So with all that said, I would prefer the GohanSaiyamanSagak.png image because as I said before, Gohan's presumed most commonly worn fighting attire is the Piccolo-styled clothing he had since he was a child. Well, that's my suggestion/opinion, so what do you think?05:01, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- It's interesting that you suggest that the image now may be fan art. To me, it looks like an image out of a second run manga cover, or more likely, an image from one of the guide galleries. I think we need to begin a search for its origin. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:30, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what SSJ2AJB means is that it looks like fan-art, not that it is. And SSJ2AJB, I do agree with the clothing, I just wish there was a full body shot of this image12:43, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I used the description as fan-art because it just looks that way to me. It also looks like it could be the cover of a manga volume, but that was wrong when I looked up every volume cover. That image might have been drawn by A.T. or have been from the Daizenshuu. Also, SSJ4 Lewich when you said, "I just wish there was a full body shot of this image." were you referring to the image of Gohan in the Kai clothing and Z-Sword or him at the time he was with Videl? 17:05, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
Either, the only reason I like the other image is that it is more of a body shot. If you had a full body shot of that image, you'd definitely have my vote.19:09, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, actually there is a full-body image of Gohan in Broly: Second Coming, but unfortunately that image is too blurry to be used as the main image. I've been trying to find another full-body image, but nothing good came up. 20:35, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, do you mean that the quality of the film you have is to blurry, or every film would be, even if it is high quality?20:58, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
No, what I mean is yesterday when I was on the Gohan page, I did a preview for how the image would look as the main image. The result: not really good. It did have a complete full-body capture, but since the movie scene was normally viewed at a far glance, it became a little blurry when its close-view picture of Gohan was taken. I'm not very sure about using that image.21:16, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah but there are higher quality of videos than others. For instance, Beadtmdc has a very high quality of videos downloaded on his computer, perhaps he would be able to get a better capture of the image?21:26, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I thought that image was taken by Beadtmdc, but on closer inspection, it really was taken by Banan14kab. But yeah, Beadtmdc is very proficient with uploading high-quality images, especially in the case of full-body images. If he were to upload Gohan in Broly: Second Coming, I hope it will look better than the other full body image. 22:14, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
Shall we see what he has to say on the matter?12:06, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Sure, I'll go ask him.19:56, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Well, here's the full-body image of Gohan from Beadtmdc. I gotta say, it looks fantastic; I did a preview on the Gohan page and it looked great as the main image. What do you guys think?23:07, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Probably my next favorite after the current image, nice job. However, we do need to adhere to the consensus. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 04:14, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
I still think the quality of the shot is not great. I see what you mean about the blurriness :/11:28, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Really? It looked pretty good and not a bit blurry from my end over here. I only saw the bluriness on the other image because that has less resolution than this one here. 04:16, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
I can't put my finger on what it is. For instance compare that image to the above image where he is teaching Videl how to fly. Is it just me who sees it?12:07, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. The shot is taken from far away, so it's just not that detailed. I'm still open to new candidates. -- 21:38, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I say we use the image of Gohan teaching Videl how to fly. It has the best quality and close up. I doubt we can find a suitable full body image at this rate. Banan14kab 07:00, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
I disklike all of those images, I think we should keep the current image. Just my opinion.
07:06, August 10, 2010 (UTC)