"There is a rule in my family that the strongest member holds all the power. By extension, we must become the strongest family in the universe."
— Frieza explaining the rule of the Frieza Clan in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
They are named the Strongest Clan in Space in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle.
The first and most notable member of the Frieza Clan to appear in the series is Frieza himself. He set the standard for the rest of the members of his family who appear in the manga and anime as a villainous character. The series would soon go on to debut Cooler, and soon after King Cold. Later several other members would appear.
All of the clan members are noted as being very powerful, however Frieza and Cold are stronger than the rest due to being mutant members of their race, with Frieza alone being a unique prodigy who possesses immeasurable dormant power.
Main article: Transformations of Frieza's race
The members of the Frieza Clan are the only members of Frieza's race to have demonstrated the ability to naturally create or unlock new transformations, implying it is possibly unique to this family.
Frieza possess the most forms, as he created three power suppressing forms due to his power being too great, and he later achieved his Golden Frieza form (his unique version of his race's Ultimate Evolution) thanks to his status as a prodigy. Alongside having created at least two suppression forms, Cooler was the first to obtain the heightened Fourth Transformation. Frieza's son Kuriza also possessed one power suppressing form. The Frieza Clan members in Dragon Ball Heroes are capable of utilizing the Class-up, Super Class-up, and God Class-up states in order to achieve their own heightened forms. In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, after taking control of the Frieza Force from either Frieza or Cooler, Frieza will assist the Frieza Race Future Warrior in obtaining their Turn Golden form along with his brother Cooler. After obtaining the form, Frieza and Cooler take it surprisingly well as they are satisfied that at least the Warrior is a powerful representative of their race. That their family's place in the universe is secure, apparently considering the Future Warrior to be a member of their clan due to their power. However Golden Frieza assures them that he will continue training to grow stronger than them and one day reclaim his throne as emperor of the universe.
- In Dragon Ball Heroes, the Frieza's race avatars are said to be of the Frieza Clan.
- In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, the Frieza Race Future Warrior is also referred to as a "Frieza Clansman".
- In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, the Frieza Race Future Warrior is considered an honorary member of the Frieza Clan after they manage to take control of the Galactic Frieza Army away from Frieza and his brother and manage to obtain their Turn Golden form while training with Frieza and Cooler.
- Jierra, a Frieza Clansmen Time Patroller. Like the Frieza Race Future Warriors he is a heroic and honorable to the point he is disgusted by the behavior of his ancestor Chilled to the point of wanting to kill him himself on a mission though he dutifully ensures that Chilled survives so he can pass on his knowledge of the Super Saiyans.
- The Bio-Android Cell contained cells from both Frieza and King Cold, technically making him and his offspring members of the Frieza Clan.
- In the anime filler, Cell even joins forces with his genetic relatives Frieza and King Cold while in Hell.
- An army of duplicates of Cooler, referred to as Meta-Coolers, were produced by the Big Gete Star.
- In Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, Dr. Gero creates a Clone Mecha Frieza which he sends against Future Trunks though it is defeated and killed. In Dragon Ball FighterZ, Android 21 creates several fast growing Clone Friezas as well as Clone Cells all of which are genetically related to the Frieza Clan. Additionally Android 21 has Cell's cells incorporated into her thus has both Frieza and King Cold's cells thus technically making her a member of the Frieza Clan as well, though Frieza views her and the clones as enemies while considering Cell an ally as they both see 21 as an enemy.
- In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, when Omega Shenron states that Frieza is the one responsible for his existence, Frieza acknowledges that this effectively makes him Omega Shenron's "mother" (parent), and considers making Omega Shenron his minion.
- In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Frieza explains to the Warrior that his family has a rule that the strongest member holds all the power within the Frieza Clan and by extension they must be the strongest family in the universe.
- Though members of the Frieza Clan in the main series are depicted as evil, in other media such as video games heroic members have been shown such as the Frieza Race Future Warrior and Jierra. In fact Jierra is shown to be disgusted by Chilled's evil behavior to the point of wanting to kill him.
- While Frieza is proud of his family and their status as the strongest, in Dragon Ball Super it is revealed he has no love for his father, brother, or any members of the Frieza Clan when he tries to defect to Team Universe 9. When Roh questions him with the knowledge that his loved ones will be erased (even his deceased father and brother as Hell and Other World will be erased as well), Frieza coldly dismisses him and says he has no idea what he is talking about, causing Roh to label him as psychopath.
- However it should be noted that both his father and brother also show little love for their family beyond their pride, as shown by King Cold's reaction when Mecha Frieza was killed by Future Trunks and Cooler's response when he learned of his brother's death, as he was more angry about Frieza's failure sullying their clan's reputation and mainly wished to kill Goku to restore their family's honor. It is also implied in several video games that Frieza and Cooler would have at some point rebelled against their father and fought over control of Universe 7. Cooler himself also states in Cooler's Revenge that he would have eventually killed Frieza himself where it not for his defeat on Namek and subsequent death.
- Furthermore, in a parallel quest in Xenoverse 2, Cooler explains the only reason he had not attempted to kill his little brother sooner was simply out of familial respect. He also states his intentions of killing his father and brother while training the Future Warrior.
- Additional Jierra considers killing Chilled, though his desire to do so is due to finding the evil nature of his ancestor abhorrent.