- This article is about the character in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. For the character in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2, see Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2).
Ace (未来戦士) is a custom character and main protagonist in the video game Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, and is a crucial part of the game's story.
As a custom character, Ace's appearance is entirely dictated by the player, whose race can be Majins, Saiyans, Earthlings, Namekians and Frieza's Race, with the first three having male and female versions. The skin and hair color can be customized to make the player character look like some other races such as the Race of Hera. This is strictly cosmetic. Initially Ace is created with a simple uniform but the player can buy a wide variety of clothing and accessories historically worn by characters from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball GT.
However, Ace's appearance in most artwork and promotional material is depicted as a young male Saiyan similar to adult Gohan in both facial features and hairstyle, but with red hair. He wears clothes similar to Future Trunks: an indigo Capsule Corporation jacket, gray pants, and golden boots. In addition, he wears a white cape similar to the one Tien Shinhan wears during the Majin Buu Arc and a green Scouter. Bandai Namco notes that it is quite intentional that he seems to have features from many other established characters in the series. In the game, it is revealed this outfit is called the Time Patroller Suit, a Time Patrol uniform for top Time Patrollers developed by the Capsule Corporation. In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, this is confirmed to be the original Ace's official design.
However if the player uploads save data from Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Ace will take on the appearance, gender, and race of the custom Ace that has been uploaded from Xenoverse.
Future Trunks' Wish to Save History
After witnessing several disruptions in the timeline caused by Dark Frieza, Dark Cell, & Dark Kid Buu, Future Trunks summons Shenron wishing for a strong ally, one with the power to defend time itself. The Future Warrior is surprised by this and sees Shenron before the Dragon Balls scatter. Future Trunks immediately attacks to test the Ace's strength, but the confused Warrior dodges Trunks' initial sword attacks, before engaging him in battle.
Following the fight Trunks introduces himself and explains that he was summoned by a wish from Shenron to Toki Toki City to work alongside Future Trunks as a member of the Time Patrol to fix a distortion in the Scroll of Time. This mysterious fighter is sent through time by Future Trunks by using the Time Storage Vault, and interacts with the history of Dragon Ball Z.
Ace's first mission was to save Goku, Piccolo, and young Gohan from an enhanced Raditz. After narrowly saving Gohan from Raditz's blast, he joins the fight against the Saiyan warrior. After history is restored, Future Trunks congratulates Ace on a good job, with no negative side effects on history.
Later, Ace is sent to aid the Z-Fighters in their brawl against hordes of powered up Saibamen. Although things look good at the start, the mystery time traveler is separated from the group, resulting in the off screen deaths of Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu, and Yamcha. Succeeding in killing off all the Saibamen, Nappa steps in. After being tag teamed by Ace and Piccolo, Nappa tries to kill Gohan with a Bomber DX, with Piccolo stepping in to save his life by sacrificing his own. Gohan and Krillin then step in to help hold off Nappa until Goku arrives. Seeing as Nappa is having trouble catching his breath, Vegeta fights Goku and leaves Nappa to his own. Nappa is instantly rejuvenated by a surge of dark energy, but still loses to Ace. The Future Warrior then helps Goku defeat Vegeta, and prevents Krillin from attempting to kill the Saiyan prince to avoid a timeline alteration, with Goku agreeing. Once back at the time nest, Ace meets the Supreme Kai of Time and her ancient pet, Tokitoki.
Ginyu Force Saga
Joining the Z-Fighters on Namek, Ace helps Vegeta fight an empowered Captain Ginyu until Recoome steps onto the field. After Recoome has been knocked down for a brief moment, he leaps up and attempts to destroy the battlefield with his Recoome Ultra Fighting Bomber, before being swiftly interrupted by Goku. After fighting Ginyu, his teammates Burter and Jeice interfere. Ginyu tries to swap bodies with Goku, but the Future Warrior is accidentally knocked into the path of the beam by Jeice. Once Burter and Jeice are taken care of, Goku asks Ace to check in on Krillin and Gohan at Frieza's spaceship, as him in Ginyu's body would let them go on board the ship with no hassle. Once numerous guards have been incapacitated, Guldo enters the ship. At first he is surprised that his "Captain" is attacking him, though he eventually realizes that Ginyu must have performed a body swap. Once the trio gather the Dragon Balls, Ginyu and Goku arrive on site to continue their fight. The weakened Ginyu tries to swap with Goku again, with the Future Warrior jumping ahead of the beam to be restored into their original body. However, Guldo suddenly appears freezes Goku with telekinesis long enough for Ginyu to body swap with Goku. Vegeta also joins in and ends up executing Guldo. Once Ginyu in Goku's body is beaten and battered, Vegeta tries to finish Ginyu off. Ginyu tries to take advantage of the opportunity and swap bodies with Vegeta, but Goku leaps in the way. Ginyu tries to swap again, but Goku tosses a Namekian Frog in the way, trapping Ginyu in a useless body. The Future Warrior then locates the cause of the distortions, Mira and Towa. After a brief fight, Mira is not remotely intimidated and is ready to steal the Warrior's energy, until Towa stops him, and says they have better business to attend to.
The next battle, Ace takes part in has them help Vegeta, Gohan and Krillin hold off a very aggravated Frieza. After a short scuffle, the tyrant reveals he has three more transformations, before the unseen interferes which leads Frieza to skip to his final form. The fight doesn't last long at all, with Piccolo's arrival to Namek being meaningless as he has no chance in beating Frieza in his fourth form. Goku arrives once again and fights with Frieza, culminating with him deciding to form a Large Spirit Bomb. After the attack is launched, Goku and his friends celebrate the defeat of Frieza, with Ace silently watching from afar. That is, until something evil grabs a hold of his neck and Piccolo finds a Death Beam exit from his chest. The powered up Frieza then flings the Ace aside and kills Krillin.
This act pushes Goku over the edge, causing him to become a Super Saiyan. After Super Saiyan easily beats around Frieza, the fiend destroys Namek with a Death Ball. The two fighters than face Full Power, dark magic empowered Frieza on dying Namek, until Goku sees Porunga and asks Ace to leave Frieza to him.
The next mission, Ace is sent on is to prevent Mr. Satan from being killed by Perfect Cell. After saving Mr. Satan's life through unconventional means, the time traveler fights Cell. Mr. Satan tries to finish off Cell before being casually slapped out of the ring. While Mr. Satan writhes on the ground from a hurt nose, Future Trunks chimes in that all is well, until Mr. Satan suddenly stops and gets up. Filled with dark magic, Mr. Satan actually flies back onto the ring. While Goku fights Perfect Cell, Ace fights Mr. Satan from out of bounds and beats him.
After Cell destroys the ring, Mr. Satan is forced up again and fights Ace, but is defeated again and returned to normal. Then the time fighter helps the other Z-Fighters fight off Cell's Cell Jr.s. After killing most of the Cell Jr.s, Towa waves her wand from afar and causes Gohan to unleash his latent power and become a Super Saiyan 2. Once all the Cell Jr. are dead, the Future Warrior goes over to Towa's and Mira's location, with Future Trunks appearing to help fight him. Though a tough fight, the two manage to "beat" him, but Mira simply rises again and begins to power up until Towa interrupts and says they're done for the day. After taking a loan from Gohan's energy banks, they retreat. Ace then helps the weakened Gohan fight off powered up Super Perfect Cell. Once Gohan regains enough energy to turn Super Saiyan 2 again, Ace leaves, allowing Gohan to kill Cell with a Father Son Kamehameha.
When Future Trunks finds himself fading out of existence due to the Time Breakers interference, Ace is sent to his timeline to protect his past self from the Future Androids 17 and 18. After beating the two, Towa appears to inform the Warrior that she made another change, as a result, Trunks' existence was still in danger. Ace attempted to attack Towa, only for Mira to appear suddenly, allowing the pair to escape. A solution to this situation appeared in the form of a new time traveler, who offered to take Ace to the other distortion in time. The reluctant Ace takes his hand and is brought to Future Trunks, who had just returned to his timeline (Age 785). The two are then confronted by a powered up Perfect Future Cell, who had absorbed the Android siblings after being given Towa's power up. The two fight and defeat Cell and Ace goes back to the Time Nest.
Majin Buu Saga
History is altered again, with Majin Buu splitting into three to gang up on Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Future Trunks sends the Future Warrior to intercept Towa and Mira before Mira can steal Goku's energy. After a difficult fight, the two fly past each other and Mira tries to attack Ace, but the attack is dodged and Ace blasts Mira with a Buster Cannon, disintegrating him.
Ace then goes to Goku to save him from the Majin Buu's. After fighting off the Buu's, Goku's Super Saiyan 3 pushes him to his limit and he leaves the rest to Ace, this time with a horde of smaller, but still dangerous Majin Buu. Eventually Future Trunks chimes in to convince Buu to wait for a strong opponent to face him. When Buu decides to play with his time traveler friend to pass the time, the less than enthusiastic Ace decides to return to the Time Nest. This ends up annoying Buu, so badly that his dark side rears its ugly head and consumes him.
Back at Kami's Lookout, Demigra has taken control of Piccolo and forces him to attack Goten and Trunks. Ace intervenes and defeats Demigra and frees Piccolo from the mind control. Then of all people, Super Buu appears and fights the three of them until Goten and Trunks fuse into Gotenks. Being beaten, Super Buu tries to run off, with Ace and Piccolo attacking him since Gotenks' fusion has failed. After holding their own against Super Buu, a friendly face arrives and helps out. With Super Buu being beaten and battered, he tries to blow himself up, but something in him snaps and he is instead forced into his true form: Kid Buu. Although Ace and Ultimate Gohan try their best to fight Buu, he still ends up destroying Earth, resulting in the death of Gohan, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks.
Back at Supreme Kai's planet, Goku, Vegeta, tAce and Mr. Satan wait until Kid Buu suddenly teleports onto the planet and attacks. The fight ends with Buu holding off Goku's Super Spirit Bomb, until Ace steps in to help Goku push the bomb into Kid Buu, completely obliterating him.
God of Destruction Beerus Saga
When nothing is happening back at the Time Nest, the silence is suddenly broken with one of Demigra's mirages appearing and revealing what era he will be twisting next: The time when the God of Destruction, Beerus visited Earth. Rightfully panicked, the Supreme Kai of Time sends to Future Warrior back.
When Beerus' snack is knocked out of his hands by a peculiar curve-ball, he attacks the Z-Fighters. None of the Z-Fighters stand a chance, but Goku appears and reveals he knows how to become the Super Saiyan God Beerus was looking for. After transforming, the three take their fight from Capsule Corp. to a random cave, and then to outer space.
When Beerus is brought under the influence of Demigra's Dark Magic, he charges a massive Beerus Ball and prepares to destroy Earth. Demigra's mirage appears and taunts Ace over their loss. Then Beerus tosses the ball at Demigra and reveals Demigra's Dark Magic has no affect over Gods. He then helps Ace defeat the mirage. When Beerus and his attendant Whis go back to the Time Nest with Ace, they discuss who will be the one to defeat Demigra. Whis decides to test the power of Ace and Future Trunks, with the two warriors proving themselves worthy.
Demon God Demigra Saga
Ace investigates a disturbance in West City, which the culprits being the newly revived Frieza, Cell, and Kid Buu enhanced by evil magic. After holding all three off, Goku shows up and helps defeat them. Once the three villains are beaten, Gohan, Vegeta, and Gotenks arrive. Future Trunks initially thinks they're here to help, but as soon as they start attacking, he realizes they're under the influence of Demigra's Dark Magic. When they're freed from Demigra's control, the Future Warrior heads back to Toki Toki city.
There, Ace finds that Demigra has already struck and has swallowed Tokitoki, giving him greater power as a result. During their battle, they are soon forced to also fight against Trunks as well, who has been taken over by his dark magic. After Trunks is freed from the spell, Demigra attempts to take control of Ace and make them his puppet too, but is thwarted by Trunks and the Supreme Kai of Time, and Goku soon joins in to help fight off the demon god as well.
After defeating Demigra, who vanishes away, Goku follows after him along with the others back to the Time Nest via Instant Transmission, and there they confront him as he intends to destroy the entire Time Nest and history itself in order to create his own. Ace and Goku, in his Super Saiyan 3 form, rush to stop him as he unleashes a barrage of staves. Unfortunately, Ace is impaled by one of them and is mortally wounded, and a distracted Goku is felled as well, leaving both of them trapped in magic fields created by the staves. Helpless, they are unable to stop Demigra's destruction of history and Ace loses consciousness.
However, an alternate version of Ace wakes up in a strange void, and stumbles upon another time scroll, revealing to them their demise. Ace uses this scroll to teleport themselves to that moment after Demigra leaves through a wormhole and destroys the staves pinning Goku to the floor, allowing him to hold back the ball of energy threatening to destroy history while they chase after Demigra.
Now in the Crack of Time, Ace engages in a final battle with the villain, who enters his demonic form in order to destroy them, and after his defeat he makes one last desperate attack against the Warrior. During their intense struggle, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin all lend them their power, allowing the Warrior to completely overwhelm the god, killing him and freeing Tokitoki in time to teleport the hero back to Toki Toki City as the Crack of Time falls apart. Alternatively, if Goku, who saves the Time Nest, joins the battle, both heroes destroy Demigra with a combined Kamehameha.
With the heroes victorious and relieved that the struggle is over, Trunks asks Ace if they'd like to continue being his partner in protecting the flow of time, to which they agree. Goku challenges Ace to a spar, and both prepare to fight until the Kai stops them, not wanting the Time Nest to end up destroyed in their wake.
In the post-credits cutscene, it is shown training new Time Patroller candidates, but ends up taking the training too far and knocks them all away, much to Trunks' chagrin.
Xenoverse 2Bardock. Ace is defeated and freed from their control, but is erased from history afterwards due to Towa going back in time to when Future Trunks first wished Ace to Toki Toki City and killed Shenron, preventing Trunks from wishing Ace, and causing every scroll that Ace ever corrected be altered again, and all of his friends having no memory of him. However, after Trunks remembered the mask Ace was wearing, he finally remembered about Ace and had the Future Warrior prevent Towa from killing Shenron, and allow Ace to be wished with the Dragon Balls. Ace is later seen protecting the Future Warrior from Mira's attack. Ace then encouraged the Future Warrior to protect history before passing out from his injuries. Ace is later seen celebrating the Future Warrior's victory against Mira and Towa, and was encouraged by Goku to fight the Future Warrior to see who was the strongest.
In order to be prepared for them for the challenges they will likely endure, the Supreme Kai of Time and Future Trunks allow various fighters and martial artists (heroes and villains) from across various different eras to visit Toki Toki City in the hopes that the Warrior may choose to study under them to learn their different fighting styles and techniques. The Warrior may only study under one Master at a given time though they may switch between Masters if they choose to do so. Though optional, training with these Masters is the only way to obtain certain skills (such as Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon or Ginyu's Body Change). Completing their training will unlock their Ultimate Skill which will receive a Z-Assist whenever said skill is used when the one who taught the move is their current Master. For some Masters to appear in Toki Toki City, the Warrior must be at a certain level, progressed through the game story, or completed the Training of a specific Master. Once a Master is chosen, they shall appear in front of Mr. Satan's Gold Statue near the Time Machine Station docking bay (after the version 1.05.00 update, current Masters will appear in the central plaza of the Time Machine station in front of the leaderboard).
List of Masters
- Piccolo - Heard about the Future Warrior from Future Trunks and the Supreme Kai of Time.
- Vegeta - Heard about the Future Warrior from Future Trunks.
- Krillin - Heard about the Future Warrior from Future Trunks.
- Android 18 - Only agreed to train the Future Warrior due to the Supreme Kai of Time's offer to pay her for it.
- Gohan and Videl - Trains the Future Warrior as a team.
- Mr. Satan - Found himself in Toki Toki City and assumed he was dreaming.
- Gotenks - His fusion time limit is removed while in Toki Toki City, allowing him to remain fused while training the Future Warrior. Though it later does time out during the Warrior's final training due to it occurring outside of Toki Toki City.
- Goku - Goku returns to Toki Toki City after the defeat of Démigra and having seen the Warrior's power first hand, offers to train the Warrior, not just to help them remain strong enough to protect history but also a chance to make the Warrior stronger so Goku will have someone strong to fight with. (Available only after Demigra's defeat)
- God of Destruction Beerus - Beerus wakes up to find himself in Toki Toki City after having journeyed there in his sleep and remembering the Future Warrior, Beerus decides to help train the Warrior himself. (available only after Goku's Training is completed)
- Captain Ginyu - Appears in Toki Toki City scouting for new candidates for membership in the Ginyu Force. Upon completing Ginyu's training, Ginyu declares the Future Warrior the Ginyu Force's 6th member.
- Frieza - Seeks the Warrior out to join the Galactic Frieza Army after hearing about the Warrior's abilities from Captain Ginyu (available only after Ginyu's Training is completed). Upon completing Frieza's Training, he will promote the Future Warrior to his Honor Guard.
- Cell - Agrees to train the Warrior as a game to pass the time.
- Yamcha One of the available Masters in the GT Pack 1 DLC.
- Tien One of the available Masters in the GT Pack 1 DLC.
- Pan - After hearing about the Warrior from Future Trunks, Pan decides to take the Warrior on as her as her very first student but finds being a Master is not what she thought it would be and decides to give them a graduation test and will teach them her Ultimate Skill Maiden Blast. One of the available mentors in the GT Pack 2 DLC.
- Jaco - Jaco finds himself in Toki Toki City after dozing off a bit while flying his ship and flying it into a strange portal, resulting in his ship going down and him ending up stuck in Toki Toki City. When the Warrior mentions they are a Time Patroller, Jaco mistakenly thinks that they are a fellow Galactic Patrolman and is embarrassed that he let slip information about his ship going down. In exchange for keeping it a secret, Jaco offers to teach the Future Warrior some of his techniques allowing the Warrior to take on Jaco as a Master. One of the available Masters in the Resurrection ‘F’ Pack DLC.
- Old Kai - Old Kai decides to visit the Time Nest in Age 850 and is surprised to find the thriving metropolis of Toki Toki City nearby as it did not exist during his previous visits to the Time Nest and offers to train the Future Warrior in order to help them unlock their hidden potential so they can access their full potential to defend history. One of the available Masters in the Resurrection ‘F’ Pack DLC.
Future Warrior is described as a warrior strong enough to protect all of time and space. In the Saiyan Saga, the Future Warrior is weaker than Dark Magic enhanced Raditz, but is able to rapidly increase in strength in a very short amount of time. They are also shown to be quite adept at learning and mastering various fighting skills, from Ginyu's Body Change and Guldo's Time Control to Eis Shenron freezing techniques and Nuova Shenron's fire techniques. Along with their basic hand-to-hand combat skills, they also prove themselves capable of wielding weapons such as the Power Pole and a sword, as well as Mr. Satan's Present for You.
During the Battle with Vegeta on Earth, the Future Warrior is able to take on some Dark Saibamen, Tennenman, and Jinkouman alone and can hold their own against the likes of both Elite Saiyans; Nappa and Vegeta. When Goku arrives, the Future Warrior takes on and manages to overpower the Saiyan General, Nappa, and then assist Goku in backing Vegeta into a corner. After Vegeta uses a Power Ball and transforms into a Great Ape, the Future Warrior manages to fend him off long enough for Krillin and Gohan to arrive. While fighting the Great Ape Vegeta they are shown to be strong enough to lift a Great Ape by the tail, once they sufficiently weakened Great Ape Vegeta. They prove powerful and skillful enough to distract Great Ape Vegeta long enough for Krillin being able to successfully cut off his tail with a Destructo Disc (an attack the Great Ape was able to avoid in the original history). After all this they were able to assist a weary Goku in defeating Dark Vegeta. At the end of the battle, the Future Warrior is the only fighter to still be standing without difficulty in stark contrast to the battle-worn Krillin who barely managed to stand up in his attempt to put an end to Vegeta, though was stopped by the Future Warrior's interference (to prevent Krillin from altering the timeline by killing Vegeta) and Goku's plea for Krillin to spare the Saiyan Prince.
When the Future Warrior arrives at the time of the Battle on Planet Namek, the Future Warrior is strong enough that in their base form and with help from Piccolo are able to stall against 50% Power Frieza (also empowered by Dark Magic), however, they are unable to defeat him, later during the battle the combined power of him and Super Saiyan Goku is enough to outmatch 100% Full Power Dark Frieza. Before this, the Future Warrior proved skillful enough in adapting to the fighting style of Captain Ginyu while in Ginyu's body after accidentally switching bodies. However, during their first encounter with Towa & Mira, the Future Warrior was shown to be inferior in power to Mira, who was unimpressed and would have killed the Future Warrior and stolen the Time Patroller's energy had Towa not decided to spare them as the Future Warrior's energy at this point was not powerful enough to be of any use to the Time Breakers.
By the time of the Cell Games the Future Warrior can fight a Dark Magic empowered Mr. Satan (who via the Dark Magic could use ki and fly without a jetpack), the Dark Cell Juniors, and Dark Cell in both his Perfect and Super Perfect forms (with help from Super Saiyan Gohan). The Warrior together with SSJ Future Trunks was able to knocked down Mira, though Mira gets back up revealing he had not been at Full Power when he fought the pair.
During the Future Androids Saga, the Future Warrior is able to fight against Dark Future Androids 17 and 18 (with help from Super Saiyan Future Trunks pre-time travel) and drive them off, as well as Dark Future Perfect Cell (again with the assistance of Super Saiyan Future Trunks, post Cell Games).
Later during the Majin Buu Saga, the Future Warrior is strong enough to defeat Mira and later hold off both Dark Majin Buu and his clones with the aid of Super Saiyan 3 Goku, after Goku leaves, the Future Warrior is successful in fighting off an army of small Majin Buus. They are also capable of defeating Demigra and Piccolo under the influence of Demigra's Dark Magic with the assistance from the young Goten and Trunks. The Future Warrior's power is said by Goten to be on par with Super Buu, when the Future Warrior comes to aid Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo during their battle against the monster. The Warrior also fights alongside Goku, Vegeta, Mr. Satan, and the Good Majin Buu against the Dark Magic enhanced Kid Buu. They even assist Goku with the completed Super Spirit Bomb by adding some of their power to it and works in tandem with Goku to give the Super Spirit Bomb the one final push which ultimately destroys Kid Buu.
By the end of the game the Future Warrior is able to hold their own against both Beerus and Whis (with help from Future Trunks) - though they were at a suppressed level of power as it was only a test - and later defeat Demigra, an opponent more powerful than Super Saiyan God Goku, with some help from Goku or even alone.
During the secret post-game story the Legendary Super Saiyan Saga, they aid Bardock against Dark Magic enhanced Galactic Frieza Army forces and 1st form Frieza. Later they face off against Dark Legendary Super Saiyan Broly circa Age 774 in Natade Village alongside Videl, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks. With the aid of Gohan, Goten, and Trunks they manage to defeat Broly though he is swallowed by Demigra's wormhole. Alongside Bardock they face Dark Broly once again on Dying Namek to prevent him from interfering with Goku and Frieza historic fight. After they are inadvertently transported to Earth via Dende's wish, they face Dark Broly once again in an epic showdown aided by Great Ape Bardock and Vegeta (Frieza Saga) and manage finally to defeat the Legendary Super Saiyan for good.
When the Future Warrior arrives during the Baby Saga of Dragon Ball GT, they are able to defeat a Tuffle-infested SSJ Trunks (main timeline) and can even hold their own for a little while against Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta, until SSJ 4 Goku arrives. Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta is defeated when both Super Saiyan 4 Goku and the Future Warrior combine their forces in the battle against him. Later in the Super 17 Saga, Dark Super 17 is unable to defeat either Super Saiyan 4 Goku or the Future Warrior, as the Ultimate Android is eventually taken down by their teamwork. Later in the Shadow Dragons Saga, the Warrior is shown to be strong enough to take on Dark Nuova Shenron alongside Kid Goku and win. Immediately afterwards they take on his brother Dark Eis Shenron alongside Pan. After besting Eis Shenron, they go toe to toe with the strongest of the Dark Shadow Dragons, Dark Omega Shenron with the aid of Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta. Eventually Super Saiyan 4 Goku appears on the scene as well and the three take on Omega together though Vegeta quickly realizes that even 3-on-1 they are still no match for Dark Omega Shenron, causing Vegeta to suggest fusion to Goku and the two fuse into the Ultimate Warrior, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta. Together with Gogeta, the Warrior forms the Ultimate Tag Team strong enough to take down Omega Shenron. After Omega Shenron, Gogeta, and the Future Warrior are swallowed by Demigra's Wormhole, they face off against Dark Omega Shenron, Dark Golden Great Ape Baby, and Dark Super 17 in a 3-on-2 battle. Despite them being outnumbered the pair manage to defeat the three villains, though the Future Warrior is shown breathing heavily from exhaustion afterwards.
Techniques and special abilities
Main article: List of techniques used by the Future Warrior The Future Warrior can use many techniques displayed by characters throughout the series and can learn techniques from various Dragon Ball heroes and villains, by taking them on as a Martial Arts Master or by obtaining skills from the skill shop in Toki Toki City or through Parallel Quests. The following are basic techniques or unique special abilities used by the Warrior:
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast - Like most fighters, the Future Warrior has the ability to fire Ki blasts.
- Vanishing - A basic movement technique where the Future Warrior moves so fast they disappear from sight for a moment.
- Ki Sense/3D Scan Mode - The Future Warrior is able to sense ki, and can scan enemies to read their skill set via the game's Search function. Only available if the Future Warrior is not equipped with a Scouter accessory (which causes the Search view to become a Scouter view).
- Z-Assist - A special ability that causes the soul of the Future Warrior's current Master to go into the Warrior's body when using their Master's Ultimate Skill, making the attack much stronger. When performed a stylized "Z" will appear briefly and then the Master's Soul will envelope the Future Warrior; appearing as an astral projection of said Master. There are two requirements needed in order for this ability to activate:
- 1. Must have the teacher of the Ultimate skill being used as the Warrior's current Master.
- 2. Use said Master's Ultimate attack in battle. To learn it they must have completed said Master's training and learned their Ultimate skill.
Racially exclusive abilities
- Zenkai - As a Saiyan, the Future Warrior becomes stronger if revived from a knock out.
- Mystic Attack - As a Namekian or Majin, the Future Warrior can extend and stretch their limbs as they please.
- Regeneration - If the Future Warrior is a Namekian, they will regenerate their health if damaged enough. A Majin Future Warrior can exploit their regeneration to self destruct, and use their invisible vapor to relocate and regenerate in a better place.
- Tail Attack - As a Frieza clansman, the Future Warrior can use their tail to grapple and attack.
Main article: Kaio-ken The Future Warrior is capable of using the Kaio-ken, Kaio-ken x3, and Kaio-ken x20. They become capable of using the regular Kaioken and Kaioken x3 during the Saiyan Saga (via Parallel Quest), and capable of using Kaioken x20 during the Frieza Saga (via Parallel Quest).
Captain Ginyu's Body
Main articles: Captain Ginyu and Body Change During the Ginyu Force Saga, the Future Warrior actually swaps bodies with Captain Ginyu after getting accidentally hit into the path of Ginyu's Body Change by Jeice, causing Dark Ginyu & Future Warrior to end up in each other's bodies by mistake. Realizing the switch, Goku asks the Future Warrior to infiltrate Frieza's spaceship to help Krillin and Gohan secure the Namekian Dragon Balls. The Future Warrior leaves Goku to fight Ginyu in the Warrior's body and infiltrates Frieza's ship without a problem. In Ginyu's body the Warrior helps Krillin and Gohan fight off Frieza's henchmen and Guldo, securing the Dragon Balls. Ginyu appears in the Warrior's body with Goku in hot pursuit and confronts the trio only for the Future Warrior to step up to fight Ginyu. Ginyu tries once more to steal Goku's body but Future Trunks' warns the Future Warrior of the Body Change in time for the Future Warrior to jump in between Goku and Ginyu restoring Ginyu and the Future Warrior to their original bodies.
Main article: Super Saiyan
If chosen as a Saiyan, the Future Warrior is capable of transforming into a Super Saiyan. They attain this form either after the Frieza Saga (via Parallel Quest) or after the Android Saga (via shop).
Super Saiyan 2
Main article: Super Saiyan 2 If chosen as a Saiyan, the Future Warrior is capable of transforming into a Super Saiyan 2. They attain this form either after the Cell Saga (via Parallel Quest) or after the Buu Saga (via shop).
After completing Elder Kai's training, the Future Warrior no matter what race the player chooses can use Unlock Potential as a transformation.
- Future Warrior vs. Future Trunks
- Future Warrior, Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan vs. Raditz
- Future Warrior vs. Nappa
- Future Warrior and Goku vs. Vegeta
- Future Warrior vs. Mira
- Future Warrior, Krillin, Gohan, and Vegeta vs. Frieza (First Form)
- Future Warrior, Krillin, Gohan, and Vegeta vs. Frieza (Fourth Form)
- Future Warrior and Piccolo vs. Frieza (Fourth Form)
- Future Warrior and Goku vs. Frieza (Fourth Form)
- Future Warrior and Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza (Villainous Mode; Fourth Form/100% Full Power)
- Future Warrior, Yamcha, and Tien Shinhan vs. Three Cell Jrs. (Villainous Mode)
- Future Warrior, Goku and Gohan vs. Cell (Perfect Form, Villainous Mode) and Mr. Satan (Villainous Mode)
- Future Warrior and Future Trunks vs. Mira
- Future Warrior and Gohan (Super Saiyan) vs. Cell (Villainous Mode; Super Perfect Form)
- Future Warrior and Future Trunks vs. Future Android 17 and Future Android 18 (Villainous Mode)
- Future Warrior and Future Trunks (Super Saiyan) vs. Future Cell (Villainous Mode; Perfect Form)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan) vs. Mira
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan) and Goku (Super Saiyan 3) vs. Majin Buu (Villainous Mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan) and Gohan vs. Super Buu
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan) and Gohan vs. Kid Buu
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan), Goku and Vegeta (Super Saiyan 2) vs. Kid Buu (Villainous Mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan) and Vegeta vs. Kid Buu (Villainous Mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Z Fighters vs. Beerus
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Goku (Super Saiyan God) vs. Beerus
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Beerus vs. Démigra
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Future Trunks (Super Saiyan) vs. Beerus and Whis
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Frieza (Villainous Mode), Cell (Villainous Mode), Kid Buu (Villainous Mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Vegeta (Villainous Mode; Super Saiyan), Gohan (Villainous Mode), and Gotenks (Villainous Mode; Super Saiyan 3)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Démigra
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Démigra and Future Trunks (Villainous Mode; Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Démigra Final
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Goku (Super Saiyan 3) vs. Démigra Final
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Bardock vs. Frieza soldiers(Villainous form)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Bardock vs. Frieza soldiers(Villainous form) and Frieza (Villainous form;First form)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2), Goten, Trunks and Videl vs. Broly (Villainous mode; Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2), Goten, Trunks, Videl, and Gohan vs. Broly (Villainous mode; Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Bardock vs. Broly (Villainous mode; Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Broly (Villainous mode; Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2), and Bardock (Great Ape) vs. Broly (Villainous mode; Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2), Bardock (Great Ape) and Vegeta (Frieza Saga) vs. Broly (Villainous mode; Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Pan vs. Baby Infected Trunks (Super Saiyan)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2), Pan, and Goku (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Great Ape Baby (Villainous mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Frieza's army
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Trunks (Super Saiyan) vs. Neo Ginyu Force
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) vs. Hell Fighter 17 (Villainous mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Goku (Base/Super Saiyan 4) vs. Super 17 (Villainous form)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Goku vs. Nouva Sheneron (Villainous form)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Pan vs. Eis Sheneron (Villainous form)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2), Goku (Super Saiyan 4) and Vegeta (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Omega Sheneron (Villainous mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Omega Shenron (Villainous mode)
- Future Warrior (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2) and Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Great Ape Baby (Villainous mode), Super 17 (Villainous mode) and Omega Sheneron (Villainous mode)
- TeamFourStar's Takahata101 is used to voice the Future Warrior as their version of Nappa in male voice option #8. This voice option almost constantly pokes fun by mispronouncing the names of techniques, such as calling the Ginyu Force "Dairy Squad".
- During the game's Ginyu Force Saga, Future Warrior accidentally swaps bodies with Captain Ginyu after being accidentally knocked into the path of Dark Ginyu's attempt to Body Change with Goku, causing the Future Warrior to be trapped in Ginyu's body for at least three missions, before managing to be restored back to their original body. Interestingly, if the Future Warrior returns to the Time Nest during the time they are trapped in Ginyu's body they will be restored to their original body and Future Trunks mentions that the Body Change was undone by returning to the Time Nest through the Scroll of Eternity, but they will return to Ginyu's body when they continue the next Ginyu Force Saga Time Patrol mission. The accidental switch with Ginyu is due to an accidental hit from Jeice.
- Regardless of the Future Warrior's chosen gender, characters will refer to them with masculine pronouns and terminology, except for Buu Buu! Majin Buu Cutscene 4 where the Supreme Kai of Time clearly refers to the Future Warrior with the feminine pronoun, "Her".
- The Time Patroller Suit worn by the Future Warrior in promotional material can only obtained after the main story is completed, after which the Future Warrior can receive the entire outfit from the robot member of the Taino Force, Thirith.
- In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 you have the option to choose the Future Warrior as the person who beat Demigra instead of your own characters and it is revealed his name is Ace
- Youth (Dragon Ball Online)
- Saiyan Hero
- Ultimate Tenkaichi hero
- Unnamed Martial Artist (1)
- Unnamed Martial Artist (2)
- Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2)