- This article is about the Zamasu from the future timeline. For other incarnations of , see Zamasu (disambiguation).
"A world of undisturbed beauty. Mortals are a foolish and ugly mistake that stain the majesty of the cosmos. By eliminating all mortal creatures we can restore its original splendor and reclaim this perfect creation."
Future Zamasu (未来のザマス Mirai no Zamasu) is an alternate timeline counterpart of the Zamasu from Future Trunks' timeline. He is the secondary antagonist of the "Future" Trunks Saga. He is the former Supreme Kai apprentice of Universe 10, who became a Supreme Kai. This version of Zamasu is an ally to Goku Black (his past self from the original present timeline) and the two were the only "gods" left in that timeline. He along with Black worked together to wipe out all Mortals with Project Zero Mortals.
Future Zamasu bears an identical appearance to his counterpart. He is fairly tall and lean in build with pale green skin, gray irises, and a tall white Mohawk that curves forward to hang over the right side of his face. He wears a slim violet long-sleeve shirt, baggy blue pants, white boots, a dark grey Supreme Kai vest with yellow trimming, and a pale blue sash folded over his abdomen. Unlike his alternate timeline counterpart, he also possesses dark lines around his eyes and wears a green Potara earring on his left ear, given to him by Goku Black, as opposed to a normal orange earring on each ear.
After meeting Black, this version of Zamasu has fully fallen into the depths of evil, speaking of all "mere mortals" as inferior to him. Like his other counterpart Black, he has a sadistic goal of ridding the entire universe of mortals, believing them to be the source of all evil while also believing gods must suffer the same fate for not doing anything about them, and he refers to a world without either of them as a "utopia". While battling Goku and Future Trunks, he constantly speaks about how mortals misuse their "god-given wisdom" for their own personal gain. Despite looking down on mortals as arrogant and insignificant, he is not so confident to overly underestimate his opponents. After seeing Future Trunks perform the Evil Containment Wave on him to nearly seal him away, Future Zamasu openly admitted that their opponents were a true danger to his and Black's plans. Future Zamasu is also shown to have compassion, but this is usually directed on Goku Black. Future Zamasu shows extreme care and concern for Goku Black when he is being beaten and pushed back by his opponent, intentionally taking a blow that would normally severely injure or kill him (albeit he can afford to be reckless, due to his immortality). This indicates that like his present counterpart and Goku Black, he is a pure hearted individual and just man, driven to extremes by his negative opinion of mortals, and sees Black as a kindred spirit (and possibly his only friend) as they both share the same goals. However, Future Zamasu is also shown to be sadistic, like his counterpart Goku Black, as he smiled in a sick manner when he asked Goku whether or not he wanted to know how Goku Black had killed his family, after stealing his body.
Despite essentially being the same as his counterpart, Future Zamasu has two key character traits that differ from Black. As he never met Goku before teaming up with Black, he never developed an obsession/hatred of Goku. He therefore wished for immortality with the Super Dragon Balls, instead of wishing to switch bodies with Goku. However, like his counterparts, he considers killing Goku as something only he should do. Also, he is fully confident in his strength coupled by his immortality, reveling in and referring to it as befitting him. This is a stark contrast to Black, who scoffs at immortality and desires greater strength through fighting.
In the manga, Future Zamasu was also shown to be fully aware of Future Zeno's existence and expresses concern about the possibility of him finding out regarding their plans and the ramifications of this. His relationship with Goku Black also differs from the anime in which their partnership is mostly based on pragmatism as opposed to the mutual kinship that they shared in the anime. Future Zamasu looks down on his counterpart for discarding his divine body for power, while Goku implied that Black merely saw Future Zamasu as a pawn. This differing relationship even saw both of them briefly turning against each other when they were losing to Goku and Vegeta.
In Xenoverse 2, he revealed to greatly despise demons and seeks to eliminate Towa and Mira when he encounters them in a time fragment timeline. He also believes there is no need to rush when one is dealing with Time Travelers such as Time Patrollers. However he finds the Future Warrior intriguing despite them being a lowly mortal in his eyes though decides to train them and even make them his disciple, though during their final lesson when he plans to grant them godhood he is angry to discover they have no interest in it and just wanted to learn his techniques, thus seeks to punish them for it, though they defeat him with his Ultimate Skill. Afterwards he calms down as they seem to have gained his respect though he still belittles them and even notes that he has made the same folly as the other gods as he tolerates the existence of one. This shows how deep seeded his belief that mortals are beyond hope to the point that he won't even consider the possibility that he might be wrong about them and sees himself as being soft for even thinking of tolerating their existence. He is also revealed to be aware of Chronoa whom he had heard about. However he sees her as an obstacle to his plans and believes that only he should be allowed to rule timespace, showing he seeks to eliminate her as he had with the other gods. Despite his immortality, he is still shown to fear Beerus, as he becomes worried if he learns the Future Warrior is training under the God of Destruction, though he is likely aware that Beerus can seal him away like he had previously with Elder Kai.
Future Zamasu existed in Future Trunks' timeline, he was once a Supreme Kai apprentice training under the Supreme Kai, Future Gowasu. When Goku Black initially meets Future Zamasu, he implies that Future Zamasu had also wanted to become a Supreme Kai and kill Future Gowasu, as Black states after he meets Future Zamasu, "You also wanted to do this, right?", in reference to Black killing Future Gowasu just prior to meeting Future Zamasu.
One day, when serving Future Gowasu tea, he found his master killed under the hands of a mysterious man. The stranger then reveals himself to be Zamasu, from another timeline. He had come here looking for a timeline and universe without a God of Destruction, as Supreme Kais are not allowed to lay a finger on the planets. His search through all realities had eventually brought him to Future Zamasu's world where Universe 7's Destroyer, Future Beerus was deceased. Zamasu offers Future Zamasu a new opportunity to begin the "justice" the world deserves, in which Future Zamasu agrees to. The two then gathered the Super Dragon Balls and wished for immortality for Future Zamasu then destroying the Super Dragon Balls so no one could revert their wishes.
With no one standing in their way, Zamasu and Future Zamasu then initiated their plan: to kill "sinful" mortals and "unnecessary gods" in order to bring "justice" and to create a "utopia" in the future timeline, as well as all of existence. After killing all of the Supreme Kais, and thus by extension the Gods of Destruction, Zamasu unleashed his wrath on countless planets, killing as many mortals as possible while Future Zamasu stood back, watching their plan unfold.
Dragon Ball Super
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga
In the manga, while Goku Black wiped out the mortals of Future Trunks' timeline, Future Zamasu used the Time Ring in order to explore all five of the currently existing parallel timelines, and found that there were no major obstacles to their plan. With the Earth's population brought to near extinction, Future Trunks traveled to an alternate past world and returned with aid in Goku and Vegeta.
In the anime only first trip to the future, as Goku and Goku Black began engaging in a heated battle, Zamasu appeared next to Black, reminding Black of his promise to allow him to kill Goku. He then attacks Goku at the same time with Black, forcing Trunks to jump in and even up the fight. During the fight, Trunks is fighting evenly with him as a Super Saiyan 2, but when Trunks stabs him in the stomach with his sword, he instantly heals his wound. Zamasu also emerges unscratched from Future Trunks' Final Flash, revealing his body is immortal. Goku regroups with Future Trunks as Goku Black charges a Super Black Kamehameha, with Zamasu grabbing them and holding them in place to prevent them from escaping. Goku and Trunks are defeated by the attack, and Zamasu remained unharmed due to his immortality. With Black, Zamasu prepares to finish off the two Saiyans, but they are interrupted by Vegeta, who woke up and intercepted their attack but fell back unconscious immediately after. In the confusion of the attack, Goku and Trunks have disappeared, so Future Zamasu and Black prepared to finish off Vegeta, but they are forced to fall back when members of the Resistance fire tear gas at them. The two then spot the time machine with the beaten Trunks, Vegeta, and Goku inside, and try to intercept it, but are too late. Zamasu exclaims they will return eventually, and when they do they will meet their end.
Both Future Zamasu and Black are next seen at the cabin they are living in, patiently waiting for Goku and his friends to return. Black is ready to kill Goku once and for all but Zamasu says that he shouldn't kill Goku right away or else Black won't get any stronger than he already is. He then offers Black the chance to become immortal, but Black refuses, saying he is satisfied with the power he has now.
In the anime's second trip Future Zamasu and Black soon sensed the trio had returned and followed suit on their location. They then met Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks and immediately started trading blows once more. Goku then tells them that they knew their plan, in which Future Zamasu was a bit shocked, but delighted asking them if they really knew it. He then tells him the full plan, in which Black replies is incorrect, claiming to be another version of Zamasu in Goku's body.
While Future Zamasu and Goku Black fight and constantly defeat the Saiyans, they tell the true story of their past, how Goku Black assumed Goku's body, killed him along with Chi-Chi and Goten, and traveled to the future and killed Gowasu, causing Future Zamasu to reveal his true nature to him and become partners with him, and how he used the Super Dragon Balls to become immortal, then destroying them. Future Zamasu is knocked back by an angry Goku upon telling this story, with Present Zamasu soon defeating him. They later mock Trunks, as he was one of the reasons they did this in the first place which enraged the latter and tries to attack on his own. Black managed to grab Trunks and fires a blast through his stomach, knocking him down, while Future Zamasu stops Vegeta from interfering. They later notice Future Trunks assume a never-before-seen Super Saiyan form after explaining their "Zero Mortals Plan".
Future Trunks with this form fights with Black, with Future Zamasu and Future Yajirobe surprised at how much he had improved with the form. The two seemed evenly matched, which prompted Future Zamasu to step in help Black against Trunks. However, every attack they try, even the combined Energy Ball, were endured and countered by Trunks in his form. Trunks holds the two off while the others escape in the Time Machine. Black replies that it is okay, since they will come back later and resumes the fight with Trunks.
In the manga events proceed differently, as instead of being the second trip to the future it is the first trip. Future Zamasu appears to save Goku Black when he is taken down by Vegeta, and then proceeds to heal him, giving him a near death power up. While the Z Fighters are surprised by Future Zamasu's appearance, he is brushed off by Goku and Vegeta as just being a small fry. After Goku Black faces Vegeta again and is healed once more he becomes Super Saiyan Rosé. As Vegeta and Black prepare to face each other once more, Vegeta tells Goku to deal with Zamasu, as he will not be able to beat Black if he keeps getting healed, Goku requests Future Zamasu fight him and he obliges, Goku becomes a Super Saiyan Blue and manages to easily knock down Future Zamasu with a single blow, and then when Zamasu attempts to hit Goku with numerous objects he easily reflects a sharpened one back at him, piercing him. Goku then powers down to Super Saiyan and says that it's not too late and they can surrender and undo their plans with the Dragon Balls, but Zamasu reveals his immortality, and the fact that he destroyed all of the Dragon Balls, he then holds Goku still with telekinesis - stating that while he is powerless compared to the Saiyans his divine powers and immortality allow him to fight back and he takes down Goku. At the same time Black manages to gain the advantage over Vegeta and knocks him down, however Future Trunks suddenly uses the Solar Flare to blind the two and they escape. Future Zamasu says that they will just have to wait for them to come back, but Black finds Mai's ki signature and teleports to her, however they find a trap waiting for him, and Future Trunks plunges his sword through Future Zamasu's back, taking him out of the fight.
In the manga, Goku Black and Future Zamasu go back to their cabin after the fight. They discuss on what Black saw while Future Zamasu is worried that the Future Zeno will find out what they are doing to the multiverse. Black scoffs at the notion and they both decide to terminate the rest of the humans. They then begin their mission, killing any human they can find, almost completing the Zero Mortals Plan as a whole.
In the anime, when the fighting resumes in the forest outside of the cabin Black and Zamasu have been staying at, Future Trunks reveals that he has found a weakness with Zamasu and Black's strategy, by throwing a powerful attack at Black Zamasu would throw himself in front of it to block it and would be forced to regenerate himself due to the damage thus leaving Black to be actually vulnerable to the real attack. Using this new strategy Trunks was in fact able to momentarily knock out and defeat Goku Black. However, before Trunks could attempt to destroy Future Zamasu's body, Black re-enters the battle and impales Trunks through the spine. Soon after, Black and Future Zamasu notice the Time Machine back in their timeline, indicating that Goku, Vegeta and Bulma have returned once more. They approach to the group, destroying the time machine, proclaiming that this timeline will be their grave, only for Vegeta to correct their claim, telling them that it would be theirs. However, Vegeta and Goku zone out for a little bit, arguing that their "grave" is destroyed and actually don't know what to do. They then resume their conversation and begin the fight. With Goku deciding to fight Future Zamasu once more. However, they are interrupted by Black's former master and Universe 7's Supreme Kai, Shin, from his timeline. Gowasu berates on their actions, calling them "horrible" and "immoral". Black responds to the question that they are talking about, telling them they believe that they are doing all of their actions for a greater cause. Future Zamasu and Black proceed to try to kill the Supreme Kais but are saved by Goku and Vegeta. Goku and Future Zamasu soon continue their fight, with Goku overwhelming Future Zamasu blow by blow, but to no avail, due to his immortality.
After Black created multiple regenerative clones through a slash from his anger-fueled energy scythe, Zamasu began heading towards where Trunks, Mai and Bulma were. As this was going on, Goku's usage of Instant Transmission was blocked through the rift, preventing him and Vegeta from chasing after Zamasu. After Zamasu reached his destination, he is soon confronted by Bulma, who tries to flirt with him to buy her son enough time to master the Evil Containment Wave, but to no avail, as Zamasu angrily grabbed her through the collar and knocked her out. Upon seeing this, Trunks is quickly reminded of Future Bulma's death and successfully unleashed the Mafuba on Zamasu, placing him in the jar. Bulma soon regains consciousness and orders Mai to seal the jar with the talisman, but to their shock, the talisman was forgotten at Master Roshi's house. The three of them tried to hold the jar to prevent Zamasu from escaping, but to no avail as Zamasu escapes barely breathing. Upon sensing that Zamasu's ki is getting weaker, Black uses Instant Transmission, teleporting himself to Zamasu. Black asks Zamasu what happened, with the latter warning Black that mortals mustn't be underestimated and that their plan could be crushed if they let their guard down. After finding that the time is ripe, Zamasu put his Potara earring on his right ear, and the two of them fused together to create Fused Zamasu. Due to Black being a mortal, the fused Zamasu is mutated since it is a fusion of an immortal and a mortal. After fighting Goku, Vegeta, Vegito, being sliced in half by Trunks, and finally being erased from existence along with the universe, by Future Zeno, the fused Zamasu is defeated, and ultimately, Future Zamasu is too.
In the manga, Future Zamasu arrives at Black's location after killing any Earthling he could find. He easily dispatches Shin when he was about to attack Black, while he speaks to the Z-Fighters. Later, seeing Goku Black in danger and Goku and Vegeta in the future once more, Zamasu assists him in fighting Vegeta. However, Goku intervenes and thus Future Zamasu and Goku fight once more. Goku immediately overwhelms Future Zamasu and seals him off with the Evil Containment Wave. However, Goku has taken a hostess bar catalog from Master Roshi instead of the actual seal, resulting in Future Zamasu's release. Goku then transforms into Super Saiyan God in order to keep him from interfering. Almost down for the count, Future Zamasu yells at Black they argue about their own interferences with the Zero Mortals Plan. Black then suggests they should "become complete". As a result, the two of them create Fused Zamasu, much to Goku and Vegeta's disbelief.
In the manga, Fused Zamasu defuses after his hour is up, however the immortality of Future Zamasu will not allow them to separate and he and Black are stuck in a deformed half fused state. Future Trunks proceeds to cut them in half, however this allows the two to reform individually due to both retaining the immortality. Future Zamasu transforms into Fused Zamasu after Goku Black took down Future Trunks behind Goku and slowly approach the latter. As the two Fused Zamasu's are preparing to kill Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta rescues him and then fires his ultimate attack: the Gamma Burst Flash - blowing the two Fused Zamasu's into pieces, which then reform into many Zamasus. The army of Zamases are eventually erased with the entire timeline by Future Zeno.
In the anime, after this, Whis goes to the future before Future Beerus' death and preemptively warns him about Future Zamasu, creating a new timeline free of Future Zamasu's tyranny.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Warrior of Hope Saga
As part of the Super Pack 4 DLC, Goku Black and Future Zamasu somehow manage to change history. Chronoa and Old Kai then tell the Toki Toki City Hero to help Future Trunks to go back in time with the Time Machine while the Future Warrior helps Goku to fight Goku Black. Before Goku Black gets pulled by the time and space distortion and destroys the Time Machine, he notices something strange with his Time Ring while fighting the Future Warrior. After another change in history, the two Future Warriors go to Future Trunks' timeline to help Vegeta to fight Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black. During the fight, Goku Black notices his Time Ring acting up again, knowing there was something familiar about the Future Warriors.
After returning to the Time Nest, Goku Black asks Future Zamasu how should they deal with the Time Patrol, telling him that it will require some patience and that there is no need to rush when one is dealing with time travelers. Goku Black and Future Zamasu then fight against the Future Warrior and Super Saiyan Anger Future Trunks after defeating Goku and Vegeta who manage to escape back to the Time Machine thanks to the Toki Toki City Hero's assistance in evacuating them. After everything returning to normal, Goku Black and Future Zamasu manage to make another change in history during their final battle against the Dragon Team by the Rift in Time Goku Black had created by misusing his Time Ring in conjunction with his scythe which connects countless timelines to Age 796 though Elder Kai states that Time Rings must never be used for such reckless mischief as creating holes in spacetime. Together with Vegeta and Goku, the Future Warrior is forced to confront Turles, Broly, Lord Slug, Meta-Cooler, and Super Janemba who have come through the rift to take revenge on Goku and the Future Warrior which amuses Black who allows the lowly mortal villains to fight with his enemies.
Meanwhile, the Toki Toki City Hero and Future Trunks confront Supervillain Future Zamasu. However the villains simply confirm Black's belief that mortals are beyond hope, causing Black to decide it is time for him and Future Zamasu to fuse into Fused Zamasu. Black's actions cause a crisis due to Goku dropping Zeno's Button, thus it appears as if the Zero Mortals Plan will succeed, though ultimately Supervillain Grotesque Zamasu is defeated due to the rift ironically created by Black's misuse of the Time Ring, as Future Trunks is able to call on energy from allies from across time itself which he uses to create the Sword of Hope from Across Time which overpowers Supervillain Grotesque Zamasu's energy blade allowing him to physically slay the fused deity which closes the rift and restores history to its proper course, as Chronoa sends the Toki Toki City Hero to retrieve Zeno's Button and deliver it to Goku thus Infinite Zamasu is erased by Future Zeno causing him to be erased when Fused Zamasu's immortal essence invades the Time Nest to punish Elder Kai and Chronoa for their defiance.
It is implied that the history changes were caused by Black and Future Zamasu's misuse of the Time Ring's power to ensure the success of the Zero Mortals Plan, though ultimately their very misuse and Chronoa's quick thinking foiled their plan. It is also implied by Chronoa and Elder Kai that Future Zamasu, Black, and their fusion cast the Supervillain spell on themselves as Grotesque Zamasu powers himself up with it while clashing swords with Future Trunks to overpower him. This may explain why Future Zamasu can utilize the Dark Magic enchantment despite his divine status. Additionally as he is immortal, shaving off his life to increase his power does not negatively effect him thus the spell is perfect for him and to a lesser extent Fused Zamasu (due to Black's mortal soul).
- Infinite History Saga
As part of Extra Pack 2 DLC, if he was selected as master, Future Zamasu is summoned by Chronoa in order to help his student, figuring out who opened the new time-rifts that are affecting people in Conton City. He himself is happy to help in this situation and bring the divine judgment on the beings responsible for breaking the law of the gods. Later on, after noticing that most of the mortals were turned into stone, he expresses his satisfaction with the current situation, yet after learning that Dabura was responsible for this and also attacked the gods, he promises to take his revenge on him. While fighting alongside Future Warrior against Dabura and Demigra, he criticizes the Supreme Kai of Time for her failures and for allowing Fu and his allies to create this whole mess.
During the battle against these two, he states that Future Warrior would did a better job in being the Supreme Kai of Time than Chronoa and then proposes him this work as a god, while confessing that Future Warrior is the only mortal that he held in such high regard. After the battle is over and everyone got back to Time Nest, he tries to help in search for Tokitoki.
During the Project Zero Mortals mission of that story mode, Dabura changes history so that Zamasu and Goku Black recruit Future Jiren in enacting their plan. Fu, in turn, summons Tapion to aid Future Trunks in battling him. If the Future Warrior brings in Captain Ginyu as their Mentor, Ginyu will ambush Goku Black and steal his body. This will cause Zamasu to fall into despair as his Zero Mortals Plan is now ruined without the aid of his Saiyan/godly ally. With Goku Black and Future Jiren defeated, Tapion seals Zamasu away inside his body, ending his threat once and for all.
"With each hit I overflow with joy, feasting on my own perfection."
Like his alternate counterpart, Future Zamasu is a fighting prodigy, and in between the time gap from his first encounter with Black and the Project Zero Mortals conflict, this Zamasu's fighting abilities increased significantly.
Future Zamasu's immortality gives him a massive edge in combat, allowing him to use himself as a living shield to protect Goku Black and allowing Goku Black to use his powers without worry of hurting Zamasu. However, due to his immortality, his fighting style does not focus on the defensive unless when it concerns Black. This allows his opponents to catch him off guard at times, such as two occasions when Trunks stabbed him or blasted him away.
In the anime, Future Zamasu now possesses enough power to face Super Saiyan Blue Goku in battle, and Super Saiyan 2 Trunks soon after. He can even hold down both opponents simultaneously long enough for Goku Black to strike them down. However, as his opponents got more powerful in future encounters, Future Zamasu was no match for Goku, Vegeta or Future Trunks. If not for his immortality, he would have been easily killed on various occasions by his opponents. This was shown when he had his head blown off by a God Kamehameha from Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and later dispatched by a rage-empowered Super Saiyan Blue Goku with a single backhand, when he was previously able to hold his own against the Saiyan. Future Zamasu was also easily blasted away by Super Saiyan Rage Trunks, and only gained the upper hand after Trunks had exhausted himself from fighting Black.
In the manga, Goku becomes Super Saiyan Blue to fight Future Zamasu as he is expecting him to be strong, but after hitting him once notes that Future Zamasu is nothing compared to Goku Black, and, power-wise, will be easy to defeat. While Future Zamasu is shown to be able hold his own, capable of tracking some of Super Saiyan Blue Goku's movements and dodge a punch from him, he was no match for Goku otherwise. He was easily knocked to the ground with a single blow from the Saiyan. Goku then powered down to an ordinary Super Saiyan upon realizing that Future Zamasu was not that powerful, however he was quickly paralysed and overwhelmed by Future Zamasu - with Future Zamasu noting to Super Saiyan Goku that while he was stronger than him, his godly techniques would allow him to hold his own. Later, Future Zamasu was however taken down by a quick attack from the rage-empowered Future Trunks - who plunged his sword through him. When he was faced with fighting Future Zamasu alone, Future Trunks noted that he should be at least be able to stall him, and prepares to fight him with just his base form. Future Zamasu proved to be much stronger than Shin, easily besting the Supreme Kai. When Goku fights him again later, he transforms into a Super Saiyan God - noting the form would be more than enough to defeat Future Zamasu (even though Goku had lost a huge amount of stamina from using the Evil Containment Wave - to the point that he claimed he could not turn Super Saiyan Blue), and the only thing he had to worry about was getting paralyzed. Goku then proceeds to easily beat him down and notes that even Future Trunks is much stronger than Future Zamasu is.
Upon transforming into the form of Fused Zamasu, Future Zamasu possessed all of the power that the Potara Fused Zamasu possessed, including possessing the Super Saiyan Rosé form.
- Video Games
Despite his divine status, Future Zamasu is able to utilize the Supervillain Mode power-up which is a Dark Magic spell originally developed by Towa. This seems contradictory to the fact that divine races, users of godly ki, and God-like Saiyans are immune to the effects of Dark Magic. However it is implied by Grotesque Zamasu's usage that Future Zamasu and Goku Black had been enchanting themselves to shave off their life to gain greater power presumably to ensure their plan's success, as Future Zamasu’s immortality allows him to shave off life to increase his power without any negative side effects as his life span is limitless (while Goku back is presumably so dedicated to being the "sword of divine justice" that he doesn't care viewing it as a necessary sacrifice). As a result he is stronger than he was historically as is Goku Black forcing the Time Patrol to send the two Future Warriors to ensure the survival of Goku, Vegeta, and Future Trunks. However it is unclear if his immortality allows him to shave off more life to make himself stronger though this is unlikely as he is never seen using the Supervillain transformation though his divine status may prevent that transformation as Goku Black, nor Fused Zamasu can transform into the Supervillain form. Eventually however he and Goku Black decide to fuse into Supervillain Fused Zamasu who later transforms into Supervillain Grotesque Zamasu due to the Time Patrol's repeated interference.
- Immortality – The ability to remain unchanged by the passage of time, unable to die, and simply live forever. Obtained using the Super Dragon Balls. Due to his apparent immortality, Future Zamasu is only moderately unfazed by any injury, no matter how grievous. He is also apparently unaffected by energy attacks, as he took the full brunt of Future Trunks' Final Flash and Goku Black's Black Kamehameha without a scratch. However, he can still be defeated by sealing him away using sealing techniques like the Evil Containment Wave. He is also susceptible to being erased from existence by Zeno.
- Regeneration – Thanks to his immortality, Future Zamasu heals any wound he may incur within seconds.
- Healing - As a Supreme Kai attendant, Future Zamasu possessed the ability to rejuvenate anyone and restore them to full health instantly, even if they are on the brink of death. In the manga, during his team-up with Goku Black, they would repeatedly allow the latter to be grievously injured before Zamasu would heal him, thereby allowing Black's Saiyan body to become strengthened from the experience. This eventually allowed Black to fully master Goku's stolen body and unlock Super Saiyan Rosé.
- Flight - Zamasu is capable of flight using his ki.
- God Splitter - Future Zamasu's version of the Black Power Ball used by Goku Black. This variation is indigo in color and functions like its predecessor, and additionally can be used to block the opponent's ki blasts. Named in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Shockwave - The ability to use invisible ki blasts to harm the opponent. Used in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Exploding Wave- Zamasu creates an explosion from the ground. In the manga, he uses this technique against Super Saiyan God Goku.
- Energy Blade - Future Zamasu concentrates ki around his hand to create a blade which he uses to slice at the opponents. Zamasu can use several variations of this technique. One of Future Zamasu's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- God Split Cut - Future Zamasu concentrates ki around his hand and then uses it like a sword to slice opponents.
- Ki Sense - Future Zamasu is able to sense the ki of other lifeforms. As a Core Person, Zamasu can naturally sense godly ki.
- Telekinesis - Like the Supreme Kai of Universe 7, Future Zamasu is able to utilize telekinesis to hold down his foes. Used against Super Saiyan Goku in the manga, it is noted that Future Zamasu is so skilled with the ability that he could potentially freeze Super Saiyan God Goku.
- Psycho Javelin - Using his telekinesis Future Zamasu picks up numerous objects and fires them at his opponent. Used against Super Saiyan Blue Goku in the manga.
- Taunt - Future Zamasu taunts his opponent in order to enrage them. One of Future Zamasu's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Planet Bomb - An Energy Sphere technique performed in a manner identical to the Big Bang Attack. One of Future Zamasu's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Pure Heart - Despite his evil actions, Future Zamasu is immune to the effects of the Devilmite Beam (and Psidevilmite Beam) indicating that he has a pure heart and that his evil actions are a result of his misguided belief that mortals are evil and that his actions though extreme are completely justified. Zamasu is implied to possess a pure heart by Gowasu's comments on how well-balanced Zamasu was at brewing tea. One of Zamasu's passive Skills in Dragon Ball Fusions. The anime also briefly implies his possessing this ability with Goku Black and Future Zamasu making tea at their hideout, due to Gowasu's aforementioned comment.
- Darkness Mixer - A ki and stamina charging technique in which the user produces a dark aura that also damages nearby enemies. One of Supervillain Mode Future Zamasu's Super Skills in Xenoverse 2 as part of the Super Pack 4 DLC.
In the manga, due to Goku Black and Future Zamasu being the same person, they fused on a cellular level, and are unable to properly defuse, and left in a semi-fused state. After Future Trunks attempts to kill them by slicing them in half the immortality is shown to have stayed with both of them and they reform fully, with the immortality then allowing them to re-mold themselves into Fused Zamasu individually. Future Zamasu appears behind Goku and then transforms himself into Super Saiyan Rosé Fused Zamasu.
Main article: Supervillain By shaving off some of his life (which is not a problem for him thanks to his immortality) Future Zamasu can access the Supervillain Mode power up in Xenoverse 2 as part of the Super Pack 4 DLC. While using this power up his eyes glow pink, and he gains a sinister white and black aura. He can use this Dark Magic-based power up despite being a Shinjin who possessing godly ki.
- Fused Zamasu
Main article: Fused Zamasu
An extremely powerful permanent fusion born between the union of Future Zamasu and Goku Black by the Potara earrings. Due to Black's body, able to power up constantly when in near death or while fighting, and Future Zamasu's immortality. He was created by Goku Black and Future Zamasu in order to turn the tides around against Goku, Vegeta, and Future Trunks, who all have gotten far stronger than the Zamases could handle. Even when holding back, Fused Zamasu was able to take on Future Trunks, Vegeta, and Goku all at once and separately in their strongest forms and later held his own against Vegito when Zamasu was going all out.
Due to the fusees being one and the same, neither one of the fuses are dominant, and Fused Zamasu's attributes are evenly distributed and blended perfectly. Because of this, he does not have the desire to be too flamboyant like Goku Black and does not let the obsession of Goku stop him from getting the job done. Additionally, due to being a mix of two of the same people, although at the same time contrasting in abilities, Fused Zamasu can experience mutations that can make him stronger.
However, along with this perfectly mixed body came many weaknesses. In the anime, this fusion became an unstable fusion because of Future Zamasu's immortality mixing with Black's mortal body, causing him to slowly fall apart. In the manga, the fusion is perfect, but can only remain active for an hour at a time because an official Supreme Kai is not involved in the fusion. But in the end, all of the problems Fused Zamasu faces are only temporary, due to Goku Black's Saiyan Power as Fused Zamasu managed to adapt to all of his weaknesses.
- Potara - After killing Gowasu, Black took his former master's Potara earrings, allowing him to use the full capacities of a Supreme Kai. Upon meeting his future counterpart, Black gave him the right earring.
- Time Ring - Due his godly ki as a Kai and wearing an earring of a Supreme Kai, Future Zamasu is able to wield a Time Ring, which allows him to travel through time and even alternate realities. He only wields this in the manga, while in the anime his partner Goku Black is the one who possess the Time Ring. In the manga, Future Zamasu also keeps the entire box of Time Rings on his person. In Xenoverse 2, Chronoa and Elder Kai conclude that he and Goku Black have been misusing their Time Rings to alter history of Age 796 to ensure the success of the Zero Mortal Plan. According to Elder Kai, their Time Rings allow them to follow anyone using a Time Scroll through spacetime making them extremely dangerous as they could follow them back to Age 852, thus the Future Warriors must ensure that Black and Future Zamasu are unable to follow them immediately allowing the safe path through time created by the scroll to close preventing Time Ring user from using it to follow them through spacetime. Additionally Time Rings react to the presence of Time Patrollers indicating they can detect the user of a Time Scroll. Future Zamasu however is apparently in no rush to confront them as he decides there is no need to rush when dealing with Time Travelers.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
Future Zamasu appears in Xenoverse 2 as part of the Super Pack 3 DLC, where he is simply referred to as "Zamasu". He incorporates the use of the Aura Slide in his normal combos. Additionally, because of his immortal body, Zamasu never receives any bruises or cuts on his model, even after reaching critical health. As part of the Extra Pack 1 DLC, Future Zamasu (referred to as simply Zamasu) appears as a new master for the Future Warrior. Though he retains his low opinion of mortals he wonders if there are any among them who see things as he does and decides to train the warrior after noticing they possess Godly ki and eventually makes them his disciple. It is implied that he recognizes that he has been growing somewhat soft on mortals after his interaction with the Future Warrior implying that they have had a positive effect on him. However he retains his arrogance as he believes he is more worthy to rule time and space than Chronoa whom he had heard of and considers her a bothersome deity due to her and the Time Patrol's interference.
"Zamas became a Supreme Kai after Goku Black defeated Gowas. Aims to destroy all humans with his "Zero Mortal Plan." "
— Dragon Ball Fusions character profile
The description in Zamasu's character profile in Dragon Ball Fusions implies that he represents his future incarnation, though his appearance is that of Present Zamasu. However it should be noted that it is not uncommon for video games to use a single character to represent incarnations from different timelines such as is the case with Future Android 17 and Future Android 18 (who are often represented by Android 17 and 18 in various video games).
- Japanese: Shin-ichiro Miki
- Funimation dub: James Marsters
- Portuguese dub: João Loy
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Glauco Marques
- Latin American Spanish dub: José Gilberto Vilchi
- Castilian Spanish dub: Hugo Carrasco Fernández
- Italian dub: Maurizio Merluzzo
- Future Zamasu and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan Blue), Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue) and Future Trunks (Super Saiyan)
- Future Zamasu and Goku Black (Base/Super Saiyan Rosé) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan Blue), Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue) and Future Trunks (Super Saiyan 2)
- Future Zamasu and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
- Future Zamasu vs. Vegeta
- Future Zamasu and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) vs. Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Anger) and Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue)
- Future Zamasu and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) vs. Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Anger/Super Saiyan)
- Future Zamasu vs. Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
- Future Zamasu vs. Goku (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Blue)
- Future Zamasu and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé) vs. Future Trunks (Super Saiyan 2/Strengthened Super Saiyan 2) and Future Mai
- Future Zamasu vs. Shin
- Future Zamasu vs. Goku (Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Blue)
- Future Zamasu (Super Saiyan Rosé/Fused Zamasu/Infinite Zamasu) and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé/Fused Zamasu/Infinite Zamasu) vs. Goku
- Future Zamasu (Super Saiyan Rosé/Fused Zamasu/Infinite Zamasu) and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé/Fused Zamasu/Infinite Zamasu) vs. Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue)
- Future Zamasu is the second character in the anime to achieve immortality via the Dragon Balls (the first being Garlic Jr.).
- Future Zamasu is similar to the villain Shinobu Sensui of YuYu Hakusho.
- Both see humanity as a plague of the world and seek to destroy it while believing their cause to be noble and just.
- Both posses divine energy; Future Zamasu having godly ki and Sensui having Sacred Energy, and both used their energy to overwhelm their opponents.
- Zamasu shares a similarity to Demigra as both had plans that involved messing with time. Additionally both are deities (Zamasu a Shinjin while Demigra is a Demon God) who ironically possess a God Complex causing them to see themselves above other deities. Both also seek to overthrow Chronoa as they see themselves as the only one fit to rule timespace.
- However in Future Zamasu's case he sees them as soft on mortals and thus worthy of his contempt and must be eliminated according to his belief that he must eliminate mortals and deities that permit their existence in the name of divine justice. Additionally Future Zamasu's actions while evil and no better than the evils committed by mortals, are driven by good intentions (as he considers mortal existence a "sin"), seeing what he is doing is just and necessary.
- In Demigra's case, his banishment to Demon Realm and Chronoa's appointment to Supreme Kai of Time made Demigra realize he had missed his chance to become Supreme Kai of Time through the raising of Tokitoki (as he had been one of the bird's caretakers alongside Chronoa until he was caught experimenting on the divine bird and banished for his crime) and sought to claim the position through force seeing it as rightfully his due to his god complex, only to be sealed in the Crack of Time and later killed during his conflict with the Time Patrol. Unlike Future Zamasu's actions, Demigra seeks the position for its power and his intentions are anything but good as he is willing to destroy the Time Nest to erase history so he create recreate the universe as he sees fit.
- The Funimation dub refers to Future Zamasu's immortality as invulnerability.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super chapter 16, "Future" Trunks' Past
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 57, A God with an Invincible Body The Advent of Zamasu
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ SEAN SCHEMMEL INTERVIEW PART 2 of 2: LIFE AS GOKU, Career Retrospective, Debunking Myths, + more. youtube (December 24, 2018).
- ↑ Zamasu's English dub VA. Twitter (January 15, 2018).
- ↑ Dragon Ball FighterZ credits