""I'm T2006 But You Can Call Me Giru!""
Giru (ギル, Giru), originally known as T2006 or DB4649T2006RS, is a Machine Mutant that accompanies Goku, Pan, and Trunks on their quest to find the Black Star Dragon Balls. He is best friends with Pan; however, he is frequently the recipient of a lot of abuse (both verbal and physical) at the hands of Pan, which makes him somewhat fearful of her.
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Main article: Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Trunks, Goku and Pan first meet Giru on Imecka while he is on the brink of death. After eating the Dragon Radar for energy, he tries to escape from them, but is ultimately caught by Goku. After that, the three Z Fighters find out that Giru has integrated the radar's functionality into his software. Giru then helps the group on various planets, such as Monmaasu, Gelbo, Beehay, Planet Luud, and Rudeeze.
Upon arriving on Planet M-2, Giru "betrays" Trunks, Goku, and Pan, though he is actually pretending, as ordered by Trunks. Giru was initially programmed to find and lure the Saiyans to the planet in order to use their DNA, but due to a memory failure, he forgot the entire thing until the team nears Planet M-2. He tells Trunks the truth of his mission and together, they decide to make the inhabitants of the planet believe that Giru is acting according to their programming, by giving them data to capture Goku, Pan and Trunks.
Main article: Baby Saga
Upon returning to Earth and discovering that Baby has taken over, Giru attacks Baby Vegeta with a missile, only to be "killed" with a single energy blast. Later, Mr. Satan and Pan discover his "corpse", and a grief-stricken Pan takes it with them. After Baby's defeat, he is repaired by Trunks.
Super 17 Saga
Later, Giru and Pan capture Dr. Gero when Super 17 is about to finish Vegeta and tell him to call off the android. Dr. Gero is unable to do this because Dr. Myuu had reprogrammed Super 17 and proved it by telling Super 17 to kill Dr. Gero. Giru is damaged and Pan is knocked out when Super 17 fires the Full Power Energy Wave meant to destroy Dr. Gero.
Shadow Dragon Saga
Main article: Shadow Dragon Saga
During the Shadow Dragon saga, Giru goes with Goku and Pan to search for the seven Shadow Dragons, using his built-in Dragon Radar to track the evil beasts. He is instrumental in the defeat of Haze Shenron, as his mechanical nature makes him immune to the two-star dragon's debilitating pollution. Consequently, Giru is able to drag Goku and Pan to a freshwater geyser at the bottom of the polluted lake they were thrown into, allowing his friends to clean the water and regain their strength.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – Giru has the ability to levitate and fly through his cyber powers.
- Gill Missile – For defense, Giru has a small but powerful Rocket Launcher in his chest cavity.
- Grappling Claw – Giru can shoot a little grappling claw from his "stomach".
- Machine Gun – Giru can summon a small Machine Gun from his stomach area, which he used to threaten Dr. Gero
- Healing – Giru has the unique ability to reverse General Rilldo's Metal Breath beam victims via a gun that shoots a blue beam.
- 3D Scan Mode – Through its own cyber resources, Giru has the special ability to analyze, study, and memorize the abilities of other beings and situations related to Space-Time.
- Dragon Radar – After eating the Dragon Radar, the radar itself appears on Giru's back.
Video game appearances
In Dragon Ball GT: Transformation, Giru attacks the enemies with Pan when she is selected by the player.
Giru appears briefly in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3. He appears in one of Pan's special attacks in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3; he also helps Pan with Dragon Net Battle in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii, acting as the lag indicator. Giru appears during Pan's special finishing move and in the closing credits of Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World.
Giru is an assist character in the arcade game Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact and Dragon Ball Heroes. In the latter, Giru is called Hero Robot (ヒーローロボ; and its default name is Poll (ポル)) and he gains two new forms: a defense form and an attack form.
In Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, Giru makes a cameo appearance in the game's version of the Shadow Dragon Saga as part of the GT Saga (Second Half) which is part of the GT Pack 2 DLC. The Capsule Corp Robots used by the Time Patrol also bear a resemblance to Giru save for their lack of legs (as they either Levitate or move around on wheels).
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, while protecting the Satan House Time Rift anomaly alongside the Saiya Squad in their role as Great Saiyaman 3, the Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2) is informed that Giru has been damaged and Pan needs the Saiya Squad's help in recovering Giru's parts from Planet Tuffle while fighting off the evil Shadow Dragons Nuova Shenron, Eis Shenron, and Omega Shenron. After recovering Giru's parts, Pan thanks them by giving them one of Jaco's missing Spaceship parts she had found.
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Giru can be found in Satan City where he runs the quiz place where Tekka can take one of several quizzes once a day. Giru will quiz them on their knowledge of the Dragon Ball series rewarding them on how many questions they get right. If they manage to get all 10 questions right, Giru will reward them with EXP and random Learnable Special Moves.
In Both Xenoverse 1 And 2 you can see robots that look like Giru
- Japanese: Shinobu Satouchi
- FUNimation dub: Sonny Strait
- Blue Water dub: Nathan Simpson
- German dub: Santiago Ziesmer
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Sílvio Giraldi
- Latin American dub: Luis Daniel Ramírez
- Giru's name is a pun on "gear".
- Giru has technically "died" three times in Dragon Ball GT. Firstly, when killed by a blast from Baby Vegeta, second from Super Android 17's fatal attack on Dr. Gero, and finally when attacked by Eis Shenron. The first two times he is repaired by Trunks, and the third time he dies he is revived by Shenron at the end of the series.
- Time Patrol Trunks' robot, Hope!, is similar in design to Giru.
- The Cyclopian Guards are very similar in appearance to Giru.
|The Machine Mutants|
|Leaders||Baby • Dr. Myuu • General Rilldo • Giru|
|Sigma Force||Commander Nezi • Bizu • Natt • Ribet • Super Mega Cannon Sigma|
|Luud Cult||Cardinal Mutchy Mutchy • Dolltaki • Leon • Luud • Para Brothers • Unnamed Mercenary|
|Related articles||Para Brothers' spaceship • Planet Luud • M-2 • Dr. Gero • Cell 17 • Hell Fighter 17 • Super 17|