""I'm T2006 But You Can Call Me Giru!""
Giru (ギル, Giru), originally known as T2006 or DB4649T2006RS, is a Machine Mutant that accompanies Goku, Pan, and Trunks on their quest to find the Black Star Dragon Balls. He is best friends with Pan; however, he is frequently the recipient of a lot of abuse (both verbal and physical) at the hands of Pan, which makes him somewhat fearful of her.
Giru looks similar to that of the Machine Mutant Guards of his kind but smaller ins size with a white coat. He has arms and legs that can retract inside of his body and has a single glowing red eye.
Dragon Ball GT
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Main article: Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Trunks, Goku and Pan first meet Giru on Imecka while he is on the brink of death. After eating the Dragon Radar for energy, he tries to escape from them, but is ultimately caught by Goku. After that, the three Z Fighters find out that Giru has integrated the radar's functionality into his software. Giru then helps the group on various planets, such as Monmaasu, Gelbo, Beehay, Planet Luud, and Rudeeze.
Upon arriving on Planet M-2, Giru "betrays" Trunks, Goku, and Pan, though he is actually pretending, as ordered by Trunks. Giru was initially programmed to find and lure the Saiyans to the planet in order to use their DNA, but due to a memory failure, he forgot the entire thing until the team nears Planet M-2. He tells Trunks the truth of his mission and together, they decide to make the inhabitants of the planet believe that Giru is acting according to their programming, by giving them data to capture Goku, Pan and Trunks.
Main article: Baby Saga
Upon returning to Earth and discovering that Baby has taken over, Giru attacks Baby Vegeta with a missile, only to be "killed" with a single energy blast. Later, Mr. Satan and Pan discover his "corpse", and a grief-stricken Pan takes it with them. After Baby's defeat, he is repaired by Trunks.
Super 17 Saga
Later, Giru and Pan capture Dr. Gero when Super 17 is about to finish Vegeta and tell him to call off the android. Dr. Gero is unable to do this because Dr. Myuu had reprogrammed Super 17 and proved it by telling Super 17 to kill Dr. Gero. Giru is damaged and Pan is knocked out when Super 17 fires the Full Power Energy Wave meant to destroy Dr. Gero.
Shadow Dragon Saga
Main article: Shadow Dragon Saga
During the Shadow Dragon saga, Giru goes with Goku and Pan to search for the seven Shadow Dragons using his built-in Dragon Radar to track the evil beasts. He is instrumental in the defeat of Haze Shenron, as his mechanical nature makes him immune to the two-star dragon's debilitating pollution. Consequently, Giru is able to drag Goku and Pan to a freshwater geyser at the bottom of the polluted lake they were thrown into, allowing his friends to clean the water and regain their strength.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – Giru has the ability to levitate and fly through his cyber powers.
- Gill Missile – For defense, Giru has a small but powerful Rocket Launcher in his chest cavity.
- Grappling Claw – Giru can shoot a little grappling claw from his "stomach".
- Machine Gun – Giru can summon a small Machine Gun from his stomach area, which he used to threaten Dr. Gero
- Healing – Giru has the unique ability to reverse General Rilldo's Metal Breath beam victims via a gun that shoots a blue beam.
- 3D Scan Mode – Through its own cyber resources, Giru has the special ability to analyze, study, and memorize the abilities of other beings and situations related to Space-Time.
- Dragon Radar – After eating the Dragon Radar, the radar itself appears on Giru's back.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball GT: Transformation
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
In the Xenoverse series, the Capsule Corporation Robots used by the Time Patrol also bear a resemblance to Giru save for their lack of legs (as they either Levitate or move around on wheels) and are equipped with Scouters.
In Xenoverse, Giru makes a cameo appearance in the game's version of the Shadow Dragon Saga as part of the GT Saga (Second Half) which is part of the GT Pack 2 DLC. While Pan, Giru, and Goku are being confronted by Nuova Shenron, Giru detects a second Dragon Ball to the confusion of Pan who chases after him. It is later revealed that Giru detected Dark Eis Shenron's 3-Star Dragon Ball, though Giru and Pan are saved by the intervention of the Future Warrior who had been asked by Goku to aid Pan and Giru while he dealt with Nuova Shenron.
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Giru can be found in Satan City where he runs the quiz place where Tekka can take one of several quizzes once a day. Giru will quiz them on their knowledge of the Dragon Ball series rewarding them on how many questions they get right. If they manage to get all 10 questions right, Giru will reward them with EXP and random Learnable Special Moves.
In Xenoverse 2, while protecting the Satan House Time Rift anomaly alongside the Saiya Squad in their role as Great Saiyaman 3, the Future Warrior is informed that Giru has been damaged and Pan needs the Saiya Squad's help in recovering Giru's parts from Planet Tuffle while fighting off the evil Shadow Dragons Nuova Shenron, Eis Shenron, and Omega Shenron. After recovering Giru's parts, Pan thanks them by giving them one of Jaco's missing Spaceship parts she had found.
- Japanese: Shinobu Satouchi
- German dub: Santiago Ziesmer
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Sílvio Giraldi
- Latin American Spanish dub: Luis Daniel Ramírez
- Dragon Ball GT
- Giru vs. Sandipede
- Giru and Pan vs. Machine Mutant Guards
- Giru vs. Baby (Baby Vegeta/Super Saiyan)
- Giru vs. Haze Shenron
- Giru's name is a pun on "gear".
- Giru has technically "died" three times in Dragon Ball GT. Firstly, when killed by a blast from Baby Vegeta, second from Super Android 17's fatal attack on Dr. Gero, and finally when attacked by Eis Shenron. The first two times he is repaired by Trunks, and the third time he dies he is revived by Shenron at the end of the series.
- Time Patrol Trunks' robot, Hope!, is similar in design to Giru.
- The Cyclopian Guards are very similar in appearance to Giru.