God of Destruction (破壊神, Hakaishin; lit. "Destruction God"), also known as Destroyer God, are beings who destroy planets, as opposed to the Supreme Kai, the God of Creation, who create and fill planets with life, in order to maintain the balance of the universe.
There is a God of Destruction for each of the twelve universes in the Dragon Ball series. Once every 1,000 years, the Supreme Kai and the God of Destruction go to each other's realms and hold a coordination meeting. Beerus, the God of Destruction from Universe 7, is the one who sealed Old Kai in the Z Sword during one of these occasions, and he appears as an antagonist in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and in the Battle of Gods Saga in Dragon Ball Super. His administrative zone includes planet Earth. Each God of Destruction seem to have an attendant, like Whis for Beerus and Vados for Champa.
In Dragon Ball Super, another God of Destruction, Champa, appears along with his attendant, Vados. He is the God of Destruction for the sixth universe. He has been searching for the Super Dragon Balls for decades, searching in both Universe 6 and Universe7.
- God of Destruction is a title used by several other characters in the Dragon Ball franchise:
- Cell – A Bio-Android referred to as a "God of Destruction" in the Japanese title of the episode "Cell is Complete" (戦闘力無限大!! セルという名の破壊神誕生; lit. "Infinite attack power! A God of Destruction called Cell is born").
- Luud – A Machine Mutant who is an antagonist in the TV series Dragon Ball GT.
- Syn Shenron – A Shadow Dragon who, upon reabsorbing the other six Dragon Balls, proclaims himself as a "God of Destruction".
- Gotenks – Calls himself "God of Destruction" when formed in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors.
- Broly was Called a "Destruction God" in Goku's mission to fight Broly, and the "God of Destruction" in Gohan's mission to fight him in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2. There is also a Capsule Skill exclusive to Broly in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 called "God of Destruction Body Wrap."
- All the Gods of Destruction and their masters are named after alcoholic drinks: Beerus, Whis(key), Champa(gne) and (cal)Vados. The gods of Universe 6 are also named after finer drinks than the gods of Universe 7, since champagne and calvados are generally considered higher-class than beer and whiskey.