There are Gods of Destruction for each of the twelve universes in the Dragon Ball series. Beerus is the God of Destruction for the Seventh Universe, and his administrative zone includes planet Earth. The God of Destruction Beerus is an antagonist in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. His attendant Whis oversees and trains the successive Gods of Destruction of the Seventh Universe, and he asks Goku if he would like to be the next God of Destruction after Beerus dies, but Goku turns him down.
God of Destruction is a title used by several other characters in the Dragon Ball franchise:
- Cell – A Bio-Android referred to as a "God of Destruction" in the Japanese title of the episode "Cell is Complete" (戦闘力無限大!! セルという名の破壊神誕生; lit. "Infinite attack power! A god of destruction called Cell is born").
- Luud – A Machine Mutant who is an antagonist in the TV series Dragon Ball GT.
- Syn Shenron – A Shadow Dragon who, upon reabsorbing the other six Dragon Balls, proclaims himself as a "God of Destruction".
- Gotenks – Calls himself "God of Destruction" when formed in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors.
- Broly – Called a "Destruction God" in Goku's mission to fight Broly, and the "God of Destruction" in Gohan's mission to fight him in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2.