Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Gods of Destruction (破壊神 Hakaishin, literal meaning "Destruction God") are beings who destroy planets, as opposed to the Supreme Kais, the Gods of Creation, who create and fill planets with life, in order to maintain the balance of the universe. Along with the Supreme Kais, they rule and oversee the formerly eighteen, currently twelve universes, with each universe having its own destroyer.
There is a God of Destruction for each of the twelve universes. Once every millennium, the Supreme Kais and the Gods of Destruction go to each other's realms and hold a coordination meeting. In some occasions, the gods can also come together to deal with threats to existence or stability of their universe or universes. Gods of Destruction, due to being considerably stronger than Supreme Kais by nature, are usually more capable of dealing with universal threats than Supreme Kais, however, they seem to have no obligation to heed the commands of Supreme Kais, and thus tend to be whimsical as to which threats to eliminate. A God Of Destruction is not allowed to travel through time.
Though the Gods of Destruction may enjoy their duty, some going as far as to revel in it, they are not inherently evil, and are actually well-mannered and kind-hearted when on a good mood or at ease. Also, at least in the cases of Beerus and Champa, food is their natural way to calm down and socialize, going as far as becoming friends with mortals if they are pleased enough, though they remain serious and do not joke around when doing their job.
The Gods of Destruction are linked to the Supreme Kais of their universe, and, if all of the Supreme Kais were to die, the God of Destruction would too, as a way to offset the balance of the respective universe. Only the deities themselves and their assistants possess such knowledge, and only few outside of the certain high ranks including mortals have been entrusted with this knowledge.
Beerus, the God of Destruction from the seventh universe, is the one who sealed Old Kai in the Z Sword. His administrative zone includes planet Earth. Each God of Destruction has an Angel attendant, like Whis for Beerus and Vados for Champa. If a God of Destruction dies, their Angel attendant will become inactive until a new god appears. According to Whis, the other gods of destruction are considerably more violent than Beerus and Champa.
In Dragon Ball Super, another God of Destruction, Champa, appears along with his attendant, Vados. He is the God of Destruction of Universe 6. He has been searching for the Super Dragon Balls for decades, searching in both Universe 6 and Universe 7.
According to the Zeno, he has the power to appoint new Gods of Destruction if he feels that someone is not doing their job to the best of their ability. This is shown in Dragon Ball Super when the Zeno jokingly suggests the appointments of new gods, which scares both Beerus and Champa.
Future Trunks' timeline
As a result of the actions of Future Dabura, all the Supreme Kais of Universe 7 have been killed, and by extension, the future version of Beerus. Also, it is revealed that Future Zamasu and Goku Black have killed the other Supreme Kais from all universes and, by extension, all of the Gods of Destruction, rendering the evil duo as the only remaining gods, both of them Supreme Kais.
In addition, due to the deaths of their Gods of Destruction, the Angels that serve them became inactive.
The Gods of Destruction are among the mightiest entities in the multiverse, strong enough to be universally feared, not only by mortals, but even by other Gods. They rival their counterparts of creation, the Supreme Kais. However, they are not all-powerful, as they must still answer to Zeno, and they are at their most vulnerable if any others were to bring harm to any of the Supreme Kais, which causes their undoing in the future due to the actions of the two evil incarnations of Zamasu.
Beerus has shown the ability to "destroy" a particular object or being on contact without the need to fight, such as a planet or a criminal Kaio as punishment; it is unknown, though it is highly likely, if all Gods of Destruction also hold this power.
Contrary to the Supreme Kais, Gods of destruction seem to manifest their godhood in raw destructive power, while Supreme Kais manifest it in the ability to create and spread life across the universe, due to the nature of their abilities, Gods of Destruction tend to have higher combat abilities than their counterparts.
- God of Destruction is a title used by several other characters in the Dragon Ball franchise:
- Cell – A Bio-Android referred to as a "God of Destruction" in the Japanese title of the episode "Cell is Complete" (戦闘力無限大!! セルという名の破壊神誕生; lit. "Infinite attack power! A God of Destruction called Cell is born").
- Luud – A Machine Mutant who is an antagonist in the TV series Dragon Ball GT.
- Syn Shenron – A Shadow Dragon who, upon reabsorbing the other six Dragon Balls, proclaims himself as a "God of Destruction".
- Gotenks – Calls himself "God of Destruction" when formed in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors.
- Broly was Called a "Destruction God" in Goku's mission to fight Broly, and the "God of Destruction" in Gohan's mission to fight him in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2. There is also a Capsule Skill exclusive to Broly in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 called "God of Destruction Body Wrap."
- Created Character(CAC) - In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 , During the mission The Pudding Problem- Beerus's Fury, The CAC must help Whis subdue Beerus after the latter flies into a fury. After the reducing Beerus's health to a certain Whis will admit that he is impressed that a mortal could be so powerful, saying that the CAC surpasses SSG Goku in strength and may one day surpass Beerus himslf, and Offering the CAC the job of "God of Destruction" to which the Supreme Kai of Time Quickly refuses for the CAC
- All the Gods of Destruction and their attendants are named after alcoholic drinks: Beer(us), Whis(key), Champa(gne) and (cal)Vados. The gods of Universe 6 are also named after finer drinks than the gods of Universe 7, since champagne and calvados are generally considered higher-class than beer and whiskey.
- That said, Beerus' name was originally based off of "virus".