"Gohan's Misfortune! An Unexpected Great Saiyaman Movie?!" (悟飯の災難! グレートサイヤマンまさかの映画化!? Gohan no sainan! Gurētosaiyaman masakano eiga ka!?) is the seventy-third episode of Dragon Ball Super. Its Japanese air date is January 8, 2017.
Mr. Satan reveals to Videl and Gohan that he is starring in a new superhero film: "Great Saiyaman vs. Mister Satan"! As Videl, Gohan, and Pan check out the film set, the lead in the film –- a famous but self-absorbed actor named Barry Kahn – becomes enamored with Videl and tries to woo her. Videl rejects Barry in front of the entire film crew, which angers him. Seeking revenge on Videl for his humiliation, Barry convinces Gohan to take over as the main stuntman for the film in order to embarrass and potentially maim him. As Gohan is the real Great Saiyaman, he uses his powers to easily take on the role. Gohan later dons the suit again for a fight against a pair of bank robbers. When the film crew accuses Gohan of using the suit and stopping the bank robbery, Bulma bails him out. However, Gohan's identity is accidentally revealed to Cocoa, who is a starlet in the film. Cocoa blackmails Gohan into flying her around the city. Meanwhile, Jaco chases after a being known as Watagash, which is an extraterrestrial parasitic criminal that possesses its hosts. Suspecting that "The Great Saiyaman" might be the host of Watagash, Jaco attacks Gohan with a vaporizing cannon.
- Gohan (Great Saiyaman) vs. Duo of Robbers
- Gohan (Great Saiyaman) vs. Watagash (Infected Robber)
- This is the first episode that focuses entirely on Gohan since his training with Piccolo after his father's death, the Cell Games Saga, and the early episodes of the Majin Buu Saga.
- This is the second in the series that is entirely focused on Gohan while his father is alive, since the Cell Games Saga, although his father died in the end, in the early Saiyan Saga and early Majin Buu Saga episodes, they were mainly focused on Gohan, but, in both instances, Goku was still dead at the time.
- This is the first episode which Goku had only little screentime in the series in favor of his son since the Cell Games Saga, only appearing in King Kai's Planet for a short time before switching the screentime to Gohan for the entire episode.
- This is the first episode in the entire franchise to focus entirely on Gohan after his marriage and becoming a scholar.
- Script - King Ryu
- Storyboard - Takao Iwai
- Episode Director - Takao Iwai
- Animation Supervisor - Hiroyuki Itai & Noel Año-Nuevo
- Key Animators - Atsushi Nikaido, Jin Inaba, Hiroyuki Itai, Rieko Sugawara, TAP
- 2nd Key Animators - Park Yi-nam, Kwon Gyeong-ah, Kim Ik-yeon
|"Future" Trunks Saga|
|← Universe 6 Saga||Universe Survival Saga →|
|47 • 48 • 49 • 50 • 51 • 52 • 53 • 54 • 55 • 56 • 57 • 58 • 59 • 60 • 61 • 62 • 63 • 64 • 65 • 66 • 67 • 68 • 69 • 70 • 71 • 72 • 73 • 74 • 75 • 76|
|14 • Extra (1) • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • Extra (2)|
|Winning Universe is Decided! • Zero Mortals Plan • Last Chance For Hope • The Decisive Battle! Farewell, Trunks!|