Goku's Ascension (最強!!悟空が超サイヤ人4に!!, Saikyo! Goku ga supa Saiya-jin 4 ni!!) is the twentieth episode of the Baby Saga and the thirty-fifth overall episode of Dragon Ball GT. The episode first aired on January 29, 1997. Its original American air date was June 5, 2004.
After the recap, we find that Goku has indeed mastered his self-control again and become a Super Saiyan 4. Pan and Mr. Satan celebrate the return of Goku, and they prepare for the final showdown with Baby to begin as Goku tells Pan and Mr. Satan that he will find Baby and defeat him once and for all as he goes to Baby's lookout to confront Baby.
At Baby's lookout, Baby is trying to figure out why Goku could transform and he could not. Then he detects that Goku is coming for him. He tells Bulma she has a limited time to find a way for him to transform, and then Goku enters and attacks.
Goku plays around with Baby, and every time Baby hits him he barely feels anything. The Supreme Kais begin to get frustrated because Goku is not taking things seriously and it comes back to hurt him. Bulma finds a way to focus the Blutz Wave Generator directly onto Baby and it allows Baby to transform into a Golden Great Ape.
Goku realizes his mistake, but he does not begin to panic because he feels he still has more than enough power to handle Baby, but what new tricks does Baby have in store for our hero?
- Baby transforms into a Golden Great Ape.
- Goku (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Super Baby Vegeta 2
- Goku (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta
- This episode picks up where "Back in the Game" had left off.
- This is the first appearance of a Super Saiyan 4. However at the end of the previous episode, the form can be seen.
- This is also the first appearance of a Blutz Wave Generator.
- In the FUNimation dub, Sean Schemmel returns to the role of Goku, this time as a Super Saiyan 4.
- In the Blue Water dub, Jeremiah Yurk returns to the role of Goku, this time as a Super Saiyan 4.