Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"How am I supposed to work with a guy like this who doesn't know the first thing about showing respect for his elders?"
Gregory is very respectful of his master and always speaks highly of him, but he will talk trash to anyone he does not believe is better than him. While he is quite a loudmouth, Gregory is very polite.
Dragon Ball Z
Main article: Vegeta Saga
While Goku is receiving training on King Kai's planet, King Kai calls for Gregory for further training after Goku managed to catch Bubbles. Goku's new goal is to hit Gregory with a heavy hammer. Gregory freely flew around and attacked while dodging Goku's attacks. After managing to hit Gregory, King Kai finally begins to train Goku seriously.
Main article: Cell Games Saga
Gregory is on King Kai's planet when Goku shows up with Cell. Cell is in the process of self-destructing. After Cell self-destructs, Gregory is killed, along with Goku, King Kai, and Bubbles. After their death, they are on Snake Way, but they notice that Cell was not there too. Cell regenerated and he returned to Earth to destroy it. Later, Cell is defeated by Goku's son, Gohan as a Super Saiyan 2 with Goku's encouragement while he is still on Snake Way. Afterwards, Gregory, Bubbles, King Kai, and Goku go to Grand Kai's planet.
Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Main article: Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! Two years after the defeat of Kid Buu, Gregory is on Earth at Mr. Satan's banquet at the celebration of his newly made hotel along with King Kai and Bubbles. The celebration is then crashed by a brother duo, Abo and Cado, whom are after Vegeta's brother, Tarble. The brothers are challenged by Goten and Trunks but they fail in defeating them. The brothers, merged as Aka, unleash a technique that destroyed the hotel. Aka gets defeated by Goku with a Kamehameha. After this encounter, they continue their feast.
Dragon Ball Super
Battle of Gods Saga
Universe 6 Saga
Main article: Universe 6 Saga
Dragon Ball GT
Shadow Dragon Saga
Main article: Shadow Dragon Saga Gregory is later seen on the roof of Grand Kai's mansion with King Kai and Bubbles when King Kai assists Goku in forming the Universal Spirit Bomb to defeat Omega Shenron.
Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound
Gregory flies at incredible speeds and attacks while glowing like a firefly. He also has considerable power.
Video game appearances
Gregory appears in Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan, Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai, Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, and Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu. In Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, Gregory and Bubbles help Goku during battles while in the Yemma Forest. Also in this game, Goku travels to Gregory's homeworld, where Gregory and his race are said to be a Sprite. This is currently the only claim made as to what his race is.
- Japanese: Yūji Mitsuya (Dragon Ball Z), Yūsuke Numata (Dragon Ball Kai)
- Ocean Group dub: Doug Parker
- FUNimation dub: John Burgmeier
- Latin American dub: Ernesto Lezama
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Orlando Viggiane (Dragon Ball Z and GT), Fernanda Bock (Dragon Ball Kai)
- Tagalog Dub: Charmaine Cordoviz
- Although Gregory did not appear in the original Dragon Ball manga by Akira Toriyama, he was one of the many filler characters designed by Toriyama. Toriyama created him because the anime staff wanted one more character for the stories on King Kai's planet.
- Gregory was not revived with the rest of Cell's victims, presumably because Shenron was instructed to "...revive all those on Earth killed by Cell". Since Gregory lived and died in Other World, he would be exempt from the wish. In Dragon Ball Kai, Gregory was revived along with Cell's other victims, unlike the original anime in which he was not.
- Gregory's name is likely a reference to the main character in Franz Kafka's novel "The Metamorphosis". In the novel, Gregory is transformed into an insect resembling a cricket or roach.