|Date of death||May 26, Age 767|
|Address||King Kai's planet|
"How am I supposed to work with a guy like this who doesn't know the first thing about showing respect for his elders?"
Gregory (グレゴリー) is a levitating cricket sprite that acts as King Kai's butler, and looks after him. Gregory appears in the Dragon Ball Z and in a few Dragon Ball Z movies, but not in the original Dragon Ball manga.
Although Gregory did not appear in the original Dragon Ball manga by Akira Toriyama, he was one of the many filler characters designed by Toriyama. Toriyama created him because the anime staff wanted one more character for the stories on King Kai's planet.
Gregory is very respectful of his master and always speaks highly of him, but he will talk trash to anyone he does not believe is better than him. While he is quite a loudmouth, Gregory is very polite.
While Goku is receiving training on King Kai's planet, King Kai calls for Gregory for further training after Goku managed to catch Bubbles. Goku's new goal is to hit Gregory with a heavy hammer. Gregory freely flew around and attacked while dodging Goku's attacks. After managing to hit Gregory, King Kai finally begins to train Goku seriously.
Much later, Gregory is killed when Semi-Perfect Cell blows up on King Kai's planet, along with Bubbles and King Kai. He makes appearances in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound, during scenes in the Other World where he is accompanied by King Kai, Goku and Gregory. He is seen on Earth at Mr. Satan's banquet in Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return! along with King Kai and Bubbles.
Gregory flies at incredible speeds and attacks while glowing like a firefly. He also has considerable power.
Video game appearances
In Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, Gregory and Bubbles help Goku during battles while in the Yemma Forest. Also in this game, Goku travels to Gregory's homeworld, where Gregory and his race are said to be a Sprite. This is currently the only claim made as to what his race is.
- Japanese version: Yūji Mitsuya (Dragon Ball Z), Yūsuke Numata (Dragon Ball Kai)
- Ocean Group Dub: Doug Parker
- FUNimation Dub: John Burgmeier
- Latin American Dub: Ernesto Lezama
- Brazilian Dub: Orlando Viggiane (Dragon Ball Z and GT), Fernanda Bock (Dragon Ball Kai)
- Gregory was not revived with the rest of Cell's victims, presumably because Shenron was instructed to "...revive all those on Earth killed by Cell". Since Gregory lived and died in Other World, he would be exempt from the wish. In the last episode of Dragon Ball Kai, Gregory was revived along with Cell's other victims, unlike the original anime in which he was not.
- Gregory's name is likely a reference to the main character in Franz Kafka's novel "The Metamorphosis". In the novel, Gregory is transformed into an insect resembling a cricket or roach.
|Other World beings|
|Supreme Kais||Old Kai/Future Old Kai • Grand Supreme Kai • Northern Supreme Kai • Eastern Supreme Kai/Future Supreme Kai • Western Supreme Kai • Southern Supreme Kai|
|Kais||Grand Kai • North Kai/Future North Kai • East Kai • West Kai • South Kai|
|Ogres||King Yemma • Megaphone Ogre • Guide • Sweeper • Goz • Mez • Saike Demon|
|Other beings||Alien Announcer • Annin • Bills • Bubbles • Darkness • Demons • Enma • Ghosts • Gregory • Janemba/Future Janemba • Kibito/Future Kibito • Kibito Kai • Korin/Future Korin • Majon • Makaios • Makaioshins • Montgomery • Mr. Popo • Old Witch • Oracle Fish • Princess Snake • Princess Snake's Attendants • Shin-jins • Shusugoro • Spike the Devil Man • Sprites • Sugoro • Trampire • Whis • Zombies|
|Other World Tournament||Arqua • Caterpy • Chapuchai • Froug • Gorilla • Maraikoh • Mijorin • Olibu • Other World Fighter • Papoi • Pikkon/Future Pikkon • Sarta • Tapkar • Torbie|