|Hell Fighter 17|
Shin Jū Nana-Gō (Herufaitā Jū Nana-Gō)
|Anime name||Hell Fighter 17|
|Alternate names||New No. 17|
Machine Mutant #17
|Debut||"A Dangerous Union"|
|Date of birth||Age 790|
|Date of death||Age 790|
|Allegiance||Red Ribbon Army (Red Ribbon Androids)|
"The gates of hell has been opened, and I will bring forth a torrent of evil from this world."
Hell Fighter 17 (ヘルファイター１７号) is a Machine Mutant created by the evil scientists Dr. Gero and Dr. Myuu while in Hell. He makes his debut in "A Dangerous Union", the forty-second episode of Dragon Ball GT, which premiered on April 16, 1997.
Hell Fighter 17 is essentially identical to Android 17, but by this point the real 17 has acquired a brown jacket. While being a Machine Mutant, he bears only the Red Ribbon insignia and lacks the Machine Mutant's crosshairs in his eyes.
A joint effort between Dr. Gero and Dr. Myuu, Hell Fighter 17 was designed to locate his android counterpart Android 17 and fuse with him in order to become Super 17. He is the one who brainwashed and influenced the real Android 17 into attacking Trunks and his driver, and killing Krillin and the other people on the highway. When he arrives on Earth, before fusing with Android 17, he fights Vegeta in his base form and is promptly beaten. Vegeta is initially unimpressed with Hell Fighter 17's power until Dr. Myuu and Gero reveal that 17 is using only half of his strength. Followed closely by the Z Fighters, the true Android 17 arrives and the two merge into Super 17.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly without the use of ki.
- Hell Breaker – His special attack in the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes. It is similar to Android 17's Electric Shot and Super 17's Shocking Death Ball.
- Portal Opening – A technique used with Android 17 in order to open a portal between Earth and Hell.
- Cellular complementary build similar to that of the original Android 17. This allows him to telepathically communicate with and override/brainwash the cyborg, as well as fuse with him to become one super fighting machine.
Video game appearances
Hell Fighter 17 is a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes, where he can merge with Android 17 in order to form Super 17.
- Japanese dub: Shigeru Nakahara
- FUNimation dub: Chuck Huber
- Blue Water dub: Ethan Cole
- Latin American dub: Genaro Vásquez
- Brazilian dub: Figueira Jr.
- This is Dr. Gero's second co-creation, the first one being Android 8 with Dr. Flappe, back in Dragon Ball. (Even though it was only stated, not actually shown.)
|The Machine Mutants|
|Leaders||Baby • Dr. Myuu • General Rilldo • Giru|
|Sigma Force||Commander Nezi • Bizu • Natt • Ribet • Super Mega Cannon Sigma|
|Luud Cult||Cardinal Mutchy Mutchy • Dolltaki • Leon • Luud • Para Brothers • Unnamed Mercenary|
|Related articles||Para Brothers' spaceship • Planet Luud • M-2 • Dr. Gero • Hell Fighter 17 • Super 17|
|Bio-Androids||Sandmen • Yorgans • Failed Experiments • Present Cell/Cell/Future Cell • Cell Jrs. • Genome • Cell-X|
|Bio-Warriors||Bio-Men • Kishime • Misokatsun • Ebifurya • Bio-Broly|
|Red Ribbon Androids||Major Metallitron • Prototype Android • Super Prototype Android • Blue Android • Android 8 • Android 9 • Android 13 • Android 14 • Android 15 • Android 16 • Android 17/Future Android 17 • Android 18/Future Android 18 • Android 19 • Android 20/Future Android 20|
|Other Androids||Arale Norimaki • Obotchaman • Dr. Kochin • Dr. Wheelo • Cacao • Meta-Cooler • Hatchiyack • Hell Fighter 17 • Super 17 • Nimu • Nico • Android 8000 • Android 19000|
|Related articles||Dr. Collie • Dr. Flappe • Dr. Mashirito • Dr. Raichi • Machine Mutants • Senbei Norimaki|