Identities Revealed (バレちゃった！！サイヤマンは孫悟飯 Barechatta!! Saiyaman wa Son Gohan, lit. "Unmasked!!! The Great Saiya-man is Son Gohan") is the ninth episode of the World Tournament Saga and the two hundred eighteenth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on February 23, 1994. Its original American air date was October 11, 2001.
Gohan races Videl to the hospital while Goku goes for Senzu Beans. Mr. Satan seems very angry at Spopovich for beating Videl up this bad, although it is obvious he does not stand a chance. Mr. Satan remembers how Spopovich used to be a weak fighter when he fought him in the last World Martial Arts Tournament.
The next match up is Gohan versus Kibito, but Gohan asks for more time since Goku has not returned with the Senzu Beans yet.
When Goku returns, Gohan goes off to give a Senzu Bean to Videl, and being yelled at by Mr. Satan for trusting Gohan and eating the bean, she recovers. Now the match between Gohan and Kibito is about to start. Sharpner and Erasa find out that Gohan is really the Great Saiyaman after discovering that the guy looks very familiar. Gohan gets rid of his disguise after realizing that he has now lost the turban and cape as he thinks that he won't be needing the sunglasses anymore, and gets ready to fight Kibito. Kibito says he is curious to see Gohan's Super Saiyan powers, because they might be useful later. Shin asks the Z Fighters not to interfere in the match, and they find out that he is the Supreme Kai. Shin's true identity has been revealed.
- Gohan gives the Senzu Bean to Videl, healing her immediately.
- Gohan's classmates find out that the Great Saiyaman is Gohan.
- Gohan begins to power up into Super Saiyan 2 at Kibito's request.
- Mr. Satan vs. Spopovich (Flashback)
- Gohan vs. Kibito
Differences from the manga
- In the manga, Goku does not take long getting the Senzu Beam, simply grabbing them and coming back shortly afterward. In the anime, he takes his time, even having a large meal before heading back to give Gohan the Senzu Bean for the severely injured Videl.
- Mr. Satan telling reporters about Videl's condition and a warning for Spopovich is exclusive to the anime.
- Mr. Satan's flashback of him facing Spopovich back when he was still a regular human is exclusive to the anime.
- Chi-Chi talking about the upcoming first round battle between her son and Kibito and the need for the prize money is exclusive to the anime.
- This episode had the highest rating for the Dragon Ball Z series on Fuji TV, with 27.5% rating share.
|World Tournament Saga|
|← Great Saiyaman Saga||Babidi Saga →|
|210 • 211 • 212 • 213 • 214 • 215 • 216 • 217 • 218 • 219|
|432 (239; Z) • 433 (240; Z) • 434 (241; Z) • 435 (242; Z) • 436 (243; Z) • 437 (244; Z) • 438 (245; Z) • 439 (246; Z) • 440 (247; Z) • 441 (248; Z) • 442 (249; Z) • 443 (250; Z) • 444 (251; Z) • 445 (252; Z)|
|36 (20; Z) • 37 (21; Z)|