The Infinite History Saga is a saga exclusive to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. It was released on February 28, 2018 as part of the Extra Pack 2 DLC. Unlike other sagas in Xenoverse 2 it appears as its own unique story mode called Extra Story where the Future Warrior is partnered together with their Instructor to deal with a new threat during which they encounter the enigmatic scientist Fu. This saga is unique as its story changes depending on the Warrior's selected partner and whether they choose to help or hinder Fu's research while investigating the threat to discover the true mastermind behind it who seeks revenge on the Time Patrol.
As part of the Extra Pack 2 DLC, a Rift in Time appears next to Chronoa's house. If the Future Warrior is not ready to take it on Old Kai will stop them from accessing the rift, however if they are ready accessing it will begin the saga.
- Supreme Kai of Time Demigra?
Accessing the rift causes the Warrior to find themselves walking along the footpath in the Time Nest when Demon God Demigra suddenly appears before them. The Warrior stops and recognizes he is an enemy despite never encountering him before and takes up a fighting stance as Elder Kai calmly walks over. Elder Kai asks what they are doing standing like that unconcerned by the Demon God's presence. Trunks: Xeno and the Toki Toki City Hero join them with Trunks: Xeno calling Demigra by the title Supreme Kai of Time. The Warrior can only watch in bewilderment as Demigra reveals he called them to help find Tokitoki who is missing. Trunks: Xeno notes Demigra has been too hard on Tokitoki lately while Elder Kai notes their is something evil about him causing Demigra to laugh which Elder Kai points out sounds evil, however Demigra demises their concerns. Elder Kai suggests calling for Tokitoki which Demigra, Trunks: Xeno, and Elder Kai do. Meanwhile the Future Warrior is confused as no one but them remembers Chronoa before they notice the Time Nest showing signs of a massive history change and sees a mysterious swordsman standing in front of the entrance revealing he is the one that altered history for fun and states he is going to absorb them now. They then watch him us a strange ability.
- Instructor & Student - Partners in Time
Suddenly the Warrior finds themselves standing in the Time Nest with Chronoa, Elder Kai, Trunks: Xeno, and the Toki Toki City Hero staring at them asking if they are alright having no knowledge of what the Warrior just experienced. Chronoa And Elder Kai assume they were just daydreaming and Chronoa reminds them this is a serious matter. She then explains they are dealing with a new crisis involving a new kind of time rift that has brainwashed all the Time Patrollers sent to investigate them. Trunks: Xeno explains he and his partner have been put in charge of containing the effected Time Patrollers which means they've been unable to investigate the rifts. Elder Kai and Chronoa conclude the Warrior should not be effected like the others due to their experience. However Trunks: Xeno questions sending them in alone noting it is unlikely the rifts are natural and concludes whoever is behind them is responsible for the recent history changes that have occurred since Towa and Mira's defeat. However Chronoa reveals that was the first thing that crossed her mind. She then explains that while looking into the matter she discovered the rifts have started effecting Conton City residents too causing her to conclude someone from another timeline should not be effected like the locals. She then invites the Warrior's current Instructor (or Instructors in the case of Gohan & Videl) into the Time Nest whom the Warrior is both surprised and happy to see. Chronoa explains that she called in their teacher for assistance so their wouldn't be any problems with them working together. After talking with their new partner Chronoa shows them to the first rift which had been moved near her house to protect Conton City residents. She notes they have no idea what is on the other side due to all their investigation teams being brainwashed. Chronoa tells them she and Elder Kai will observe them from the Time Nest as usual.
- Tier 1 Rift - Time Rift Trouble
After entering the first rift the Future Warrior and their Partner find themselves in void where the Warrior is overcome by atmosphere of the place. Chronoa states it looks similar to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber before realizing it is the training space Whis sent Goku and Vegeta to in Age 779 where they mastered Godly ki and acquired Super Saiyan Blue. Elder Kai instructs the Future Warrior on how to handle the divine energy that permeates the space and they are able to quickly acclimate themselves so they are not debilitated by it.
They then observe Goku and Vegeta sparring with a shadowy figure who appears to be training them but they are shocked to learn it is not Whis but the mysterious person the Future Warrior had encountered earlier who they discover is posing as Whis though the Future Warrior can perceive his true form while Elder Kai and Chronoa can tell he is an imposter and aren't fooled by his disguise like Goku and Vegeta. The imposter introduces himself as Fu and claims he is not suspicious though Elder Kai retorts that is what a suspicious person would say. As the Future Warrior fights Fu explains he did not create the rift or brainwash their Time Patrollers. He also notes the rift's is timeline is not connected to the official history recorded in the Book of Beginning and the End so it is completely safe to alter history which Chronoa herself notes is true before stopping herself from hypothetically suggesting they could safely alter history within the rift as Fu's knowledge of that fact makes her deeply suspicious of Fu as that is not common knowledge. However Goku and Vegeta interrupt the fight unaware Fu is an imposter or his conversation with Time Patrol. Fu in the guise of Whis convinces them the pair are sparring partners he summoned forcing the Warrior to confront Goku and Vegeta. Elder Kai notes Goku and Vegeta have already mastered Godly ki and suggests it won't be long before they become Super Saiyan Blue which Chronoa notes should restore the proper history and weaken the rift.
Fu reveals he came to study it by assisting in their training though he found the who process boring before he got the idea to expose the two God-like Saiyan]]s to a large amount of Blutz Waves. Realizing what Fu is planning Chronoa orders him to stop but he doesn't listen. As a result Goku and Vegeta acquire Super Saiyan 4 bypassing Golden Great Ape entirely (as they were in their God's Crimson Radiance enhanced Super Saiyan forms when exposed) which they mistake for a new divine Saiyan transformation due to its power. Elder Kai notes it is the wrong form as they were never supposed to acquire it in Age 779 which Chronoa notes will make fixing the rift's timeline next to impossible. Fu is pleased with the results of his experiment and notes how he enjoys altering history before wishing the Future Warrior luck against Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta who are stronger than their GT counterparts due to Whis and Fu's training.
Chronoa notes Fu will pay for what he's done however surprising Fu reveals that he can absorb energy from the changes he makes revealing to the Future Warrior that he had absorbed the energy of the Supreme Kai Demigra timeline. After the Future Warrior wins the battle, Fu absorbs the energy of the change causing the rift to disappear. The Warrior, their Partner, and Fu are transported to the Time Nest where Fu explains the rift is gone and the Time Patrollers it brainwashed should return to normal. Fu takes a keen interest in the Warrior's power and asks for a sample of their blood for research purposes though the Warrior refuses disturbed by the odd request though Fu is not surprised by their response. Fu offers the Future Warrior a chance to help him with his energy collection experiments so he can study their power as well though it is completely up to them whether or not to accept his offer. He then leaves just as Chronoa comes racing out of the Time Vault intent on catching Fu but he gets away to Chronoa's frustration while Elder Kai comes lagging in behind her wheezing and coughing having become winded from trying to keep up with the much younger Chronoa.
- Two Paths - Time Patrol or Fu?
Both Elder Kai and Chronoa note while they can't completely trust Fu, he does not seem responsible for the rifts though he might know or is connected to whoever is behind them. Chronoa decides to trust the Future Warrior's judgement on how to best deal with Fu. Afterwards Fu will appear in the Time Nest using his invisibility to remain hidden from Chronoa, Elder Kai, Trunks: Xeno, and the Toki Toki City Hero, though the Future Warrior is somehow able to see, hear, and talk to him while the others are completely unaware of his presence. Fu is surprised by this but decides to take advantage of it once again offering to help the Warrior deal with the rifts in exchange for helping him. Accepting his assistance however requires the Future Warrior and their partner to help Fu alter history as Fu can only absorb energy from changes he himself or someone working together with him makes. While Chronoa trusts their judgement to deal with Fu she does not fully condone the scientist's actions and openly despises his altering history even if there is no real danger as the rifts exist separate from recorded history while Elder Kai is completely opposed to working with Fu as his actions are criminal and he cannot be completely trusted as the Time Patrol has no idea who he is. As a result, the Future Warrior is forced to decide whether to help Fu or follow their duty as a Time Patroller to correct the changes in history Fu makes. Additionally, their chosen Partner (current Instructor) can alter the story's events slightly and as a result has different battle scenarios and endings that change based on the Warrior's choice of path and/or Partner.
Speaking to Fu allows them to aid Fu while speaking to Elder Kai allows them to oppose Fu's alterations. However if the Warrior quits a story mission while helping Fu and returns to the Time Nest, they will be unable to restart on the Time Patrol path as Elder Kai refuses to work with them viewing it as a betrayal. However, after completing a rift with Fu or the Time Patrol the Warrior can choose to take the opposite path for the next Rift.
- Time Rift Trouble
During the training of Goku and Vegeta to turn Super Saiyan Blue, Fu, disguised as Whis, will use the Blutz waves to turn them into Super Saiyan 4. This tier has only one story path as it introduces Fu and his ability to absorb history changes. As Fu's alterations make it virtually impossible to restore the original history to weaken the rift, Fu helps the Time Patrol absorbing the energy of the changes causing the rift to disappear but leaves the Time Patrol with the dilemma of either taking advantage of his ability or fix the alterations he makes as they are supposed to.
- Beerus - Vados shows up during the fight against Goku and Vegeta as Super Saiyan 4s.
- Goku - Goku transforms into Super Saiyan Blue during the fight against Goku and Vegeta as Super Saiyan 4s, leading to a humorous argument between the two Gokus arguing on which one is better, and Vegeta getting increasingly annoyed.
- Gotenks - After Goku and Vegeta go Super Saiyan 4, Gotenks convinces them to fuse into Gogeta.
- Hercule - Hercule does nothing, the immense pressure of the atmosphere only causes him to faint.
- Jaco - Jaco does nothing, but run away, and leaves altogether during the first phase of the battle.
- Vegeta - Both Vegetas leave in the middle of the fight, after Bulma reminds one of them that they promised to take Trunks to the amusement park, so only Goku is fought as a Super Saiyan 4.
- Whis - After beating Goku and Vegeta as Super Saiyan 4s, Vados shows up and challenges the Future Warrior to a fight.
- Time Patrol Path - Android Assault on History
Nine days before the start of the Cell Games in Age 767, Fu brings the Future Androids 17 and 18 and Android 13 to kill Perfect Cell who welcomes the Androids and two Time Patrollers to participate in the Cell Games as part of an early 3-on-3 match as he has grown bored waiting.
- Android 18 - She leaves during battle as she fights her future self.
- Bardock - Bardock and Cell will take a liking to each other, and after defeating the androids, will face in a friendly match.
- Broly - After beating the Androids, Broly attacks the Future Warrior and Cell, but is defeated.
- Goku - Vegeta and 16 join to attack Goku.
- Hercule - Hercule does nothing, but run away, and leaves altogether.
- Jaco - Like the first tier, Jaco does nothing, but run away, and leaves altogether.
- Fu Path - Unwelcome Challenger
The Future Warrior and their Partner join the three Androids in confronting Cell who offers to take them all on in a early 5-on-1 handicap match. Thanks to Fu's influence, Cell is defeated, and Goku, in an effort to check what happened, will face the three Androids who are determined to fulfil their programming to kill him. After Goku is killed by them, the androids will feel their objective as finally being completed though are disappointed as they are left without a purpose causing them go out and seek a new sense of purpose.
- Future Gohan - Despite working with them to defeat Cell, the androids will turn against the Time Patroller and Gohan due to them despising Gohan. After the androids and Cell are defeated, Goku will appear, asking what happened to Cell's energy. There is a touching encounter between Goku and Gohan, stating how proud he is of his son, and the two of them and the Time Patroller will defeat Android 13. This is the only change in where Goku survives, with Fu proclaiming how disappointing he is of this scenario, expecting a father-son match.
- Goku - After defeating Cell, 13, 17 and 18 betray and attack Goku.
- Vegeta - After defeating Cell and the androids, Goku will appear, asking what happened to Cell's energy. The Time Patroller and Vegeta will then spar with Goku, with Vegeta transforming in stages to push Goku to keep transforming as well. As a result, Goku achieves Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God, and Super Saiyan Blue far sooner than he does in the main timeline.
- Time Patrol Path - Videl Vexation
- Beerus - He leaves during the first phase of battle to take a nap.
- Future Gohan - Videl aids Future Gohan in a fight against Dabura.
- Gohan and Videl - Gohan leaves during the battle after he angers the Videls.
- Hercule - He swears vengeance on Dabura for hurting Videl.
- Majin Buu - An angry Majin Buu attacks the Future Warrior for hurting Videl, but is defeated.
- Yamcha - Attempts to talk Videl down, but only makes her angrier.
- Fu Path - Another Savior Has Come
Thanks to Videl and the Time Patroller influence, Buu is destroyed, thus erasing the possibility of Majin Buu taking away Beerus pudding or Kid Buu being reborn as Uub.
- Fu - He attempts to fight Vegito, but Chronoa and Elder Kai talk him down.
- Gotenks - Vegito thanks them for helping, but muses that he didn't get the chance to really use the power. Gotenks, then, challenges him to a fight, which he accepts. As well, Vegito muses on what to tell Chi-Chi and Bulma with the Supreme Kai of Time suggesting fusing them before the Elder Kai reminds them of the Potara's limit on mortals demonstrateing he is now aware that it is only permanent if a Supreme Kai is involved.
- Time Patrol Path - Holding on to Hope
- Frieza - Not long into the fight, Frieza will object of fighting Jiren and Tapion, tired of the concept of justice being repeated by everyone in the cosmos. He will react with anger seeing Goku Black, and will go to fight everyone in an attempt to calm himself. However, after being defeated, the game will ignore as this happened, with Goku Black and Zamasu not suffering any damage.
- Vegeta - Despite focusing on Jiren and Tapion, Black and Zamasu will feel the need to fuse into Fused Zamasu to stop the Time Patroller. However, after being defeated, the game will ignore as this happened.
- Fu Path - The Hero Tapion Awakens
With the help of Tapion, Goku Black and Jiren are defeated, and Future Zamasu is sealed off inside Tapion's body, thus erasing the possibility of the Future Timeline to be destroyed by Infinite Zamasu.
- Ginyu - Not too long into the fight, Ginyu switches bodies with Goku Black, and bows out of the fight: leaving the Future Warrior, Future Trunks, and Tapion to take on Future Jiren, Future Zamasu, and Goku Black in Ginyu’s body. As Goku Black was in Super Saiyan Rosé form at the time of the body change Ginyu retains Goku Black's Super Saiyan Rosé form despite being mortal.
- Turles - After hearing about Zamasu's immortality, Turles decides to betray the Time Patroller to join Goku Black and Zamasu, and give them the Fruit of the Tree of Might. However, after being defeated, the game will ignore this as if it never happened.
- Android 16 - After being defeated, Zamasu will rise again thanks to his immortality, and Android 16 will help stop him.
- Hercule - Hercule will hide, leaving the Time Patroller alone to deal with the enemies. Zamasu and Goku Black will ignore him, due to feeling he is not worth the trouble.
- End of Conton City
Dabura uses Petrifying Spit to turn Elder Kai, Trunks: Xeno, the Toki Toki City Hero, and the rest of the Time Patrol into stone save for the Future Warrior, their Partner, and Chronoa. Dabura kidnaps Chronoa and flees to Demigra's former prison the Crack of Time which Dabura has been using as a base to plot his revenge on the Time Patrol for its role in his sister's death. Dabura places Chronoa inside a Time Bullet and tells the Future Warrior and their partner she will die if Dabura himself is not defeat though Dabura summons an ally to aid him based on the Warrior's partner.
- The alternate timeline version of Demigra appears as Dabura’s ally for specific mentors, but certain mentors cause the ally to change into a personal rival for them. These include: Android 18 for Krillin, Android 17 for Android 18, Champa for Beerus, Vegeta for Raditz and Nappa, Cooler for Frieza and vice-versa.
- If Piccolo is the Future Warrior's partner, however it will be a reluctant Adult Gohan who is summoned and forced to fight his mentor as Dabura threatened to hurt Videl. Interestingly, Adult Gohan however is not under the influence of Dark Magic.
- If Fu is the Future Warrior’s partner, then the Future Warrior has to fight Dabura and Demigra all by themselves. The ending cutscene also omits the part where Fu openly defies Dabura, and reflects his spit back at him, turning him to stone. Instead, Dabura is just briefly seen wounded, and Fu says the same dialogue he says after Dabura is turned to stone, without him or Dabura acknowledging each other.
- Hero of History/Champion for Change
After defeating Dabura, you will fight Fu on the correct path. On the Fu path, one of two scenarios will occur, depending on your Mentor.
After stopping Dabura and changing sides, Elder Kai attempts to get Fu captured. If your have any other Mentor with them, he calls in Goku to aid in, trying to provoke him to test his power. When the Future Warrior steps in, Goku sets up a proposal - if the Future Warrior wins, he'll leave Fu be, but if Goku wins, he fights Fu. During the fight, Goku will power up to Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken to fight them, but ultimately loses to the Future Warrior and their Mentor. Fu is disappointed that he couldn't use the energy he had, but departs with the intention of aiding in the creation of Good Futures.
If you have Goku as your Mentor, he'll do the same thing, but it will be you vs. Goku instead. Partway through the battle, Fu will be amazed at the Future Warrior's power and imbues them with his excess power, prompting Goku to go Super Saiyan Blue in response. If the player is able to bring down Goku's HP to a certain amount in a certain amount of time, Goku will go one further and access Ultra Instinct. The Future Warrior will still come out on top, despite the power differences, impressing Fu. He departs with the intent on creating Good Futures.
- Future Warrior and Partner vs. Fu, Goku (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 4), and Vegeta (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 4)
- Future Warrior and Goku (Super Saiyan Blue) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 4) and Vegeta (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 4)
- Future Warrior and Goku vs. Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
- Future Warrior vs. Goku (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 4), and Vegeta (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 4)
- Future Warrior and Gotenks vs. Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4)
- Future Warrior vs. Vados
- Future Warrior, Partner, and Cell vs. Android 17, Android 18, and Android 13
- Future Warrior, and Cell vs. Broly
- Future Warrior and Partner vs. Videl and Dabura
- Future Warrior and Partner vs. Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed), and Dabura
- Future Warrior and Partner vs. Future Jiren, Future Zamasu, and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé)
- Future Warrior, Ginyu, Trunks, and Tapion vs. Future Jiren, Future Zamasu, and Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé)
- If Broly or Dodoria is their instructor when the saga begins when he enters the Time Nest then their heavy feet falls will cause the ground shake with each step.
- If Gohan & Videl are their instructors when the saga begins, both will enter the Time Nest together. If Videl's Swimsuit is equipped to her custom skillset than she will wear it during the cutscene showing them entering the Time Nest.
- The same holds true for Android 18, Goku, Kid Gohan, Nappa, Mr. Satan, and Whis if their Special Costumes are equipped. Instructors will also wear their custom color outfit or default color depending on which is equipped.
- The space where Goku and Vegeta trained to master godly ki appears during this saga as a story exclusive stage.
- Various Instructors get a chance to encounter characters and forms they never got the chance to in their original timelines.
- Raditz, Bardock, Nappa, and Turles encounter various Super Saiyan forms and discover how incredibly strong Goku and Vegeta have become.
- Pan (GT) meets Goku and Vegeta from Dragon Ball Super and encounters her mother when she was younger along with Gogeta's Potara fusion counterpart Vegito. She also learns of the existence of Goku Black and Super Saiyan Rosé during her visit to the future timeline rift. She also encounters her father and grandfathers' old enemy Cell and learns of Majin Buu's evil Super Buu incarnation as well as his absorption of her father, uncle, Trunks, and Piccolo.
- Future Gohan encounters Android 13 and Perfect Cell along with his sworn enemies Future 17 & 18, learns of the Majin Buu conflict and Super Buu's absorption of his main timeline counterpart, brother, Trunks, and Piccolo while at the same time meeting Vegito, Videl, and Dabura. Future Gohan also sees the future world devastated by Goku Black and Future Zamasu's Project Zero Mortals. He also learns of other Super Saiyan forms, fusion, and encounters his father's main timeline counterpart several times and meets Adult Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super learning of his valiant opposition against Goku Black and Future Zamasu, as well as learns about other Universes and Future Jiren.
- Frieza, Cooler, and Cell learn of Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan Rosé as well as learn about the existence of Potara fusion. Frieza and Cooler witness Super Buu's power finally understanding the wisdom of their father warnings about Majin Buu and meet the Demon King Dabura. They also learn of beings far stronger than Buu such as Vegito, Goku Black, Future Zamasu, and Future Jiren.
- Beerus learns of Fu's impersonation of Whis during Goku and Vegeta's training as well as Super Saiyan 4, encounters Cell, Android 13, Future 17, & 18. He also encounters Vegito and Super Buu as well as meeting Towa's brother Dabura. He also witnesses the devastated future timeline created by Goku Black and Future Zamasu as well as encountering Jiren's future counterpart.
- Chronoa displays a rare moment of losing her patience when Frieza insists he fight Goku Black and Zamasu all by himself. She sarcastically tells him to fight them all and have fun.
- The villain mentors still retain their villain personality, but are toned down, and their dialogue is altered, so they are portrayed as having their own selfish reasons to help out.
- Mr. Satan and Jaco retain their cowardice when it comes to powerful foes, though Mr Satan does willingly stand up to Dabura out of love for his beloved daughter. Mr. Satan faints while inside the training space used by Goku and Vegeta due to his inability to control his ki properly to endure the divine energy that permeates that location.
- Dragon Ball Fusions gives Goku Black the Body Change Block ability, which prevents him from being affected by Ginyu's body change, although Ginyu succeeds in Xenoverse 2.
- Interestingly, despite being mortal Ginyu in Black's body retains Super Saiyan Rosé form though this is due to Goku Black being in the form at the time of the body change. Additionally, due to his past experience with Goku's body, he has no trouble using the full power of Goku Black's body.