Jewel is a decent fighter for a Human. In the 24th World Martial Arts Tournament, which the Z Fighters did not attend, Jewel makes it all the way to the final fight of the tournament and loses to Mr. Satan.
Dragon Ball Z
Majin Buu Saga
Main article: World Tournament Saga Jewel is shown to be a ladies man, as he tries to invite Android 18 to a date (unaware that she is already married) during the Battle Royale in the 25th World Tournament, however, he is rejected by 18, later he hits on her and tries to get her to throw the match. He then gets angry and tries to attack her as the Battle Royal begins, but she kicks him effortlessly out of the ring.
Techniques and special abilities
- Hikou - Jewel can fly by utilizing a Jet-Pack.
- Diamond Chop - A powerful karate chop that Jewel unsuccessfully tried to use on Android 18.
Video game appearances
Jewel makes a minor appearance in Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, at the 25th World Tournament. His scouter profile identifies him as "Jewl". He is seen again during the final sequence of the game, in the changing rooms of the 28th World Tournament. Jewel is also playable in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle.
- Japanese: Yūsuke Numata (Dragon Ball Z), Kota Nemoto (DBZ Kai)
- Ocean Group dub: Ted Cole
- FUNimation dub: Sean Whitley (Dragon Ball Z), Robert McCollum (DBZ Kai) 
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Luiz Laffey and Sérgio Rufino
- His name, when associated with Killa (a character seen discussing with Jewel very often during the 25th tournament), is a pun on the word "kilojoule" (a measurement of energy similar to a calorie).
- His style of behavior is very similar to both Caroni (one of Mr. Satan's disciples) and Nareg (a contestant in the 28th Tournament); all three are blond, and loved by women.
- In an art error, when he is carried to the hospital on a stretcher, he has a mark on his face as if he has been kicked there, but Android 18 kicked him in the chest, not the face.
- One ironic trait about him is that he bears a striking resemblance to Android 17 and Android 18, whose real names are Lapis and Lazuli, which put together is Lapis Lazuli, a rare blue gem. His name is Jewel is a reference to gems and jewellery, revealling a similarity between not only their physical appearance, but their names too.