"The fear inside you swells, but I'll replace it with pain."
King Chappa is a Human warrior who was once the world martial arts champion, using his famous eight-handed technique. He lives at the address SSR 249905 C with his wife Ruhna and their three children Sapa, Peruka and Chapu.
It is said King Chappa made it through a whole World Martial Arts Tournament without being touched.
22nd World Martial Arts Tournament
King Chappa enters the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament, and is set to face the young Goku in the preliminaries. When Jackie Chun (Roshi) sees him, he exclaims Goku cannot beat him. He is, however, defeated by Goku, surprising everyone, including King Chappa himself.
The night the tournament ended, King Chappa is shown already training with a large group of loyal students at his temple. Soon, he is targeted by Tambourine, who announces that he is there to kill him. King Chappa attempts to use his eight-handed technique to defend himself, but he is easily killed by Tambourine who mocks the technique and uses an advanced One-Hundred Arms variant. King Chappa dies from the powerful punches and the impact of the wall. Some of his students attempt to avenge him, but they are killed as well.
23rd World Martial Arts Tournament
Three years after being returned to life, King Chappa competes in the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament. Unfortunately, he is once more defeated by Goku in the preliminaries. King Chappa never makes another appearance.
- Hasshu-ken – King Chappa's signature technique where he moves his arms fast enough that they seemingly have eight of them, allowing him to attack and defend their self much more efficiently.
Video game appearances
King Chappa makes minor appearances losing to Goku in Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Totsugeki-Hen, in the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament in Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Kakusei-Hen and Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
A character who looks similar to him appears in Dragon Ball Online.
- Japanese version: Hidekatsu Shibata
- English Dub: Sonny Strait
- Latin American Dub: Humberto Solórzano
- Brazilian Dub: Francisco Brêtas
- King Chappa is similar to Mr. Satan including the fact that he was once World Martial Arts Champion before Goku and his friends enter the tournament. They also both have afros and the same styled mustache.
- King Chappa's clothes and appearance are similar to Nam's, a fighter who also once faced Goku in a match held at the World Tournament. Interestingly enough, Nam's 2nd outfit in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is almost exactly the same as King Chappa's besides the turban. In Chapter 14 of Dragon Ball SD, these similarities are parodied by Master Roshi saying that Nam will later return as King Chappa.