The Language of the Gods (Kami no Gengo 神の言語) (known as Divine Language in the Funimation dub) is a unique language spoken by deities and other certain people like the Angels. The language is required in order to activate and make a wish on the Super Dragon Balls. Those that speak this language seem to be able to transmit their thoughts to one another simply by declaring themselves capable of speaking the language.
- According to Beerus, there is no phrase for "easy peasy" (丁髷, chonmage) in the language of the gods.
- In the Funimation dub, "easy peasy" was changed to "peas and carrots".
- The "language of the gods" is actually ordinary Japanese spoken backwards, syllable by syllable.
- For instance, Whis' wish to Super Shenron in the language of the gods written by katakana (ロセラエガミヨ ヲイルソジ トウユキチ ノウユチウクロイダ, roseraegamiyo woirusoji touyukichi nouyuchiukuroida) while its original Japanese counterpart is "Please revive Universe 6's Earth and its humanity" (第六宇宙の地球と人類を甦らせろ, Dai-Roku Uchū no Chikyū to Jinrui o Yomigaera sero).
- The language of the Gods is pronounced differently in the Funimation dub.