Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Several times in the Dragon Ball series, a Villain turns Good or becomes an anti-hero. Usually, the transformation begins with them joining forces to take down a more immediate enemy, but in some cases, it can take a longer time.
- Goku: Originally sent to Earth with orders to wipe out the population, after hitting his head as a baby he forgot about the mission and became a hero.
- Future Goku: Same history as Goku up until the arrival of the Androids.
- Oolong: Oolong is originally a tyrant of sorts terrorizing a town, but eventually turns good after being defeated by Goku.
- Future Oolong: Same history as Oolong until the arrival of the Androids.
- Ox-King: Ox-King originally terrorizes anyone who comes to his castle, but after Master Roshi puts out the flames, he reforms.
- Future Ox-King: Same history as the Ox-King until the arrival of the Androids.
- Yamcha and Puar: Originally desert bandits, Yamcha and Puar teamed up with the Goku and friends to get the Dragon Balls. While he originally planned to steal the balls, they became true friends of Goku and Yamcha fell for Bulma.
- Giran: Though only a minor villain, Giran fights Goku, but since his defeat, has become a much nicer person.
- Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu: Originally villains, after realizing the error of their ways, Tien and Chiaotzu leave The Crane Hermit, and go on to become Goku's main rivals for some of the remainder of the series.
- Piccolo: Piccolo is Goku's enemy in Dragon Ball. However, in the second episode of Dragon Ball Z, Piccolo joins forces with Goku to fight Raditz. Just like with Garlic Jr., he initially plans to terminate their alliance after the fight, but, either because Goku was killed as well (he told Raditz that Goku would be wished back, indicating he might not be interested in what happens after he defeats Goku), because of the incoming threat of Nappa and Vegeta, or because of his training with Gohan, he officially turns good, sacrificing himself to save Gohan from Nappa.
- Future Piccolo: Same history as Piccolo up until the arrival of the Androids.
- Vegeta: Vegeta appeared to be a major villain during the Saiyan Saga and an anti-hero during the Namek Saga, being the saga villain of the Saiyan Saga (Vegeta Saga in the redub) and part of the three-way race for the Namekian Dragon Balls (the other two being the gang of Krillin, Gohan, and Bulma, and Frieza's gang) in the Namek Saga. When he realizes that the Ginyu Force is coming on Namek, he fights alongside Gohan and Krillin, and saves them from being killed by Guldo (although he claims he only did so because he "had his own score to settle with Guldo"). Shortly after, he saw Goku easily defeat Recoome, and knew he could not defeat him until he became a Super Saiyan. He continues fighting alongside what would soon be called the Z Fighters, against Captain Ginyu and Frieza, however it seems he plans on eliminating the others and defeating Goku once Frieza is killed. However, he is killed by Frieza, but asks Goku to destroy him, saying Frieza made him what he is. He is later wished back to life, and upon seeing Goku is a Super Saiyan, he wants to find him so he can become one himself. His search for Goku in space ultimately causes him to miss the fight against the evil and immortal Garlic Jr. When he returns, Bulma is able to easily control him. He is with the other Z Fighters when they come to face Frieza, but Frieza is killed by Future Trunks. In the three-year wait for the androids to arrive, Vegeta marries Bulma and they have a kid named Trunks, however, he does not seem to be interested in them at times. He saves Goku from being killed by Android 19, though he says this was only so he could fight Goku again. He does become an Ascended Saiyan during the fight with Cell, and it is unclear what he would have done had he defeated him, but he is tricked into letting Cell absorb Android 18 and become complete, making him stronger than Vegeta. He did not seem to realize or care what the consequences of such an action would be. When Cell is about to kill Gohan, Vegeta hit him with a Big Bang, allowing Gohan to destroy Cell. Vegeta seems to have reformed over the course of the Namek, Captain Ginyu, Trunks, Android, and Cell sagas, and goes with Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Supreme Kai, and Kibito to fight Babidi's henchmen, but allows Babidi to turn him evil so he can become stronger than Goku. He kills some innocent people at the World Tournament stadium and fights Goku. However, he later officially turns good and fights Majin Buu, fighting for someone else for the first time in his life. He sacrifices himself in a vain attempt to kill Buu, even though he knows from Piccolo that unlike Goku, he will not keep his body after death (although it is revealed that he does in the Fusion Saga, and in any event true villains like Frieza and Cell did). King Yemma has Fortuneteller Baba bring Vegeta back where, once he realizes that Buu ate Bulma, he fuses with Goku to form Vegito. After Kid Buu blew up the Earth, Vegeta was angry at Goku for leaving Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo behind for Mr. Satan. He was even willing to sacrifice his own existence to save the universe when he fought Kid Buu so Goku could regain his strength (as he was already dead at the time). It was he who came up with the plan that ultimately resulted in the death of Kid Buu, and in the process revived all the people of Earth, making sure that he brought back his victims at the World Martial Arts stadium. After the death of Kid Buu, Goku tells him "We make a pretty good team after all, don't we?" Referring to Vegeta saying that he and Goku would make a good team, during their fight in "Goku Strikes Back".
- Future Vegeta: Same history as Vegeta until the arrival of the Androids.
- Android 16: Android 16 can hardly even qualify as a villain. He was created by Dr. Gero for the sole purpose of destroying Goku, though he is interested in any birds, squirrels, or scenery. Although he insists he will only fight with Goku, he fights Cell to stop him from destroying the world he loves so much. Krillin stops Trunks (who hates androids) from killing him so he can be repaired at Capsule Corporation. When he meets Goku for the first time, he tells him that although he has been created to destroy him, he has chosen not to. He tries to self-destruct to kill Cell, but it does not work because Bulma and Dr. Brief took out his explosives. After his body is destroyed, he tells Gohan to fight back against Cell before Cell crushes his head. Android 16's death ultimately causes Gohan to transform into a Super Saiyan 2 and destroy Cell.
- Android 17: Android 17, though he is not interested in killing anyone except for Goku and Dr. Gero, appears as an evil, unstoppable android. When Vegeta blows up a paperclip truck and its driver (aiming for Android 18) he says he enjoys watching destruction. He also wants to kill Goku, and although he is not interested in killing anyone else, he does not seem to be afraid of it. However, he forms an alliance with Piccolo once he saves him from being absorbed by Cell, and reacts with horror when Cell supposedly kills him. In an edited version of the episode "He's Here", during their fight he says "I'm not sure why but I'm beginning to like you, Piccolo." After being absorbed by Cell, killed in the self-destruct, and wished back with the Dragon Balls, he does not cause any more destruction. After he is killed by Kid Buu when Earth is destroyed, Dende wishes back everyone who died after the World Tournament except for the evil ones. Android 17 is wished back along with everyone else, and gives up energy for Goku's Super Spirit Bomb, getting others to do the same. In Dragon Ball GT, Android 17 only appears as a saga villain because he is brainwashed by Dr. Gero and Dr. Myuu, and fused with another Android 17 into Super 17. He was presumably wished back at the end of GT.
- Android 18: Android 18 appears to be just as evil as her twin brother. She wants Goku dead, but is not interested in killing anyone else, although she wants to get to Goku much faster than Android 17 does (as he is interested in trying out new things such as driving). Soon, however, she forgets her quest for Goku when Cell fights Android 17 and Android 16, absorbing Android 17. Android 18, Android 16, and Krillin attempt to fight off Cell but he absorbs her too, but later regurgitates her when he is struck a devastating blow from Gohan. Once she regains consciousness, she is eventually chased down by Krillin, and the two get married and have a daughter named Marron. Needless to say, she no longer terrorizes the people of Earth, although she does threaten to kill Mr. Satan if he does not pay her the money in return for letting him win the World Tournament. She is turned into chocolate and eaten by Super Buu, but is wished back to life along with everyone else.
- Dabura: Dabura turns from his evil ways in the anime filler. The King of the demons was once brainwashed by Babidi's Mind Control into being his evil right-hand man but, after growing jealous of Babidi's only interest in Majin Buu, Dabura attacks Buu, only to be turned into a cookie and eaten by Buu. Dabura is then sent to heaven as King Yemma thought it would be punishment but, in the anime, Dabura surprisingly changes his ways when he arrives in heaven. He hung around with Bulma, Videl and Chi-Chi trying to find Gohan, who they presumed dead, and even scaring them for being a bit too generous.
- Majin Buu: Majin Buu is an evil demon revived by Bibidi, but after absorbing Dai Kaio, he was no longer a pure evil killing machine, but more a childish monster under the control of Bibidi, and later Babidi, taking orders from them and not knowing that what he is doing is wrong. When Goku suggests that he kill Babidi (by telling him that he is too gifted a fighter to be controlled by a coward like Babidi), he does. However, he continues his destructive rampage, but he does heal a blind boy. However, he turns an old man into milk and gives him to the same boy to drink. He soon becomes friends with Hercule, and heals an injures puppy dog and becomes friends with him as well. When Hercule asks why he kills innocent people, and tells him it's a bad thing, he immediately decides to stop. When Evil Buu is unleashed, he attempts to fight him but is turned into chocolate and eaten. After being spit out, Majin Buu saves Hercule and fights Kid Buu so that Goku can regain his Super Saiyan 3 energy, and later gather energy for a Super Spirit Bomb. As Vegeta is in the line of fire, Majin Buu attacks Kid Buu and tells Hercule to get Vegeta out of the way so Goku can fire the Super Spirit Bomb and destroy Kid Buu. After Kid Buu's death, Majin Buu lives in peace on Earth (once the wish is made for the earthlings to forget about him). He even stops Pit Bull Pete from robbing a jewelry store, seconds before Great Saiyaman and Videl (as Saiyagirl) arrive. In Dragon Ball GT, he fuses with Uub to make him stronger and fight the evil Baby.
- Abo & Kado: Former soldiers of Frieza. After his death the brother duo started doing things for their own benefit. But after Goku beats them and makes it clear they have no chance, he offers them a chance to reform and invites them to the Satan Hotel dinner, an offer they accept before leaving the planet to earn a fresh start.
- Zoonama: He threatened to cause earthquakes with his whiskers if people did not meet his demands he reformed and became friendly after it was discovered that his whiskers could predict earthquakes but not cause them.
- Para Brothers: Started as minions of Luud and members of his cult. After being attacked by Luud they joined the heroes and eventually helped Goku by giving their energy to his Universal Spirit Bomb.
- Nuova Shenron: One of the Shadow Dragons who tries to destroy the Earth, but, unlike the others, has a sense of morality/honor. He later helps Goku try to stop Syn Shenron.
- Murasaki Brothers: A team of ninja brothers - Ninja Murasaki, Kon, Cha, Aka and Nao - who once allied with the Red Ribbon Army and were defeated by Goku, in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 they are revealed to have joined the Time Patrol at some point.