Physical and Natural Abilities
Main article: Saiyan
- Superhuman Senses - In Xenoverse 2, Broly is shown to possess the superhumanly accurate sense of smell which he naturally possesses as a result of his Saiyan biology. Due to his animosity towards his nemesis Kakarot, Broly has apparently committed his scent to memory allowing him to accurately detect even faint traces of Goku's scent. If the Future Warrior is currently training under Goku, Broly will smell Goku's scent on them and demand they bring his nemesis to him. His is also shown to be able to detect similarities between the scents of close relatives such as siblings, as he will comment that Raditz's scent is similar to his brother.
- Superhuman Durability - Like most Saiyans, Broly possesses a naturally superhuman durability and able to shrugged off attacks that would kill weaker species such untrained Earthlings. For example, he was able to survive being stabbed by a knife during his execution as a baby. However Broly's durability is shown considerably high even by Saiyan standards especially in his Legendary Super Saiyan form, as demonstrated by his ability to survive Full Mastered Super Saiyan Goku's Super Kamehameha at point blank range without suffering any damage at all. Additionally, Broly managed to survive both Goku's final attack and the destruction New Planet Vegeta by Comet Camori, despite the attack critically injuring him as it had hit the area where Broly had been stabbed as a baby effectively reopening his old wound and caused him to fall into a comatose state when his Attack Ball landed on Earth. His durability even by Saiyan standards had earlier been alluded to by Broly himself, where he, shortly after killing Paragus and hurling the remains of both Paragus and his Attack pod into Comet Camori itself said "did he really think I would die just because this planet was about to explode?", in reference to the then-impending destruction of New Planet Vegeta via Comet Camori. Additionally, in some of the video games, Broly even manages to surviving being blasted into the Sun by Gohan, Goten, and Goku's Family Kamehameha.
- Saiyan Power - The Saiyan ability to grow stronger as a Saiyan fights and grow stronger after recovering from a near fatal injury. Broly naturally possesses this ability which allowed him to become stronger after he recovered the injury inflicted by Goku on New Planet Vegeta. In the video games, Broly manages to unlock his Legendary Super Saiyan 3 form after being surviving being blasted into the Sun by the Family Kamehameha.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Bloody Smash – A physical technique Broly uses against Goku in Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan. He uses Goku's body as a trampoline by stomping on him, severely injuring him. It was named in the Budokai Tenkaichi series as one of Broly's Blast 2 attack and one of his Super Attacks in his base form in the Raging Blast games.
- Bone Crusher – A Bear Hug torture hold used against Gohan in Broly - Second Coming. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Delta Combination – A rush attack used in his base form in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
- Energy Shield – A technique Broly uses to shield himself from oncoming attacks within an aura of ki. Broly first displayed this skill when he was a baby. The shield is very durable, as shown to withstand a Supernova from Frieza, Planet Vegeta's explosion and withstanding the intense heat of lava.
- Eraser Cannon – Broly's signature attack, it is a powerful, green energy sphere. It is also known as the Blaster Shell in the Budokai series.
- Gigantic Cluster – Broly holds his hand behind him and charges a green energy sphere into it. He then swings his hand forwards and sends out a wave of small green energy blasts. Named Trap Shooter in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, and Eraser Shot in Battle of Z.
- Eraser Shot Volley – A variation of the Eraser Cannon technique, Broly repeatedly throws Eraser Cannons from each hand. He used this technique against Goku during the battle on New Planet Vegeta.
- Blaster Meteor – Broly surrounds himself in ki and launches homing energy spheres at his opponents. Also called Burst Eraser.
- Eraser Blow – An attack where Broly blasts an opponent in the abdomen with an Eraser Cannon at point blank range. He used this move against Gohan in Broly - Second Coming. In Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2, Broly punches his opponent upwards and then ricochets them off the ground before using the Eraser Blow.
- Planet Geyser – Broly fires a small energy wave at the ground, causing a geyser of ki which blows away any nearby opponents. Named and used in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Double Eraser Cannon - A variant of the Eraser Cannon technique where Broly charges up an Eraser Cannon blast in each hand and fires them simultaneously. He used this during a flashback to his childhood as well as during his fight with Goku in Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan.
- Omega Blaster – A far more powerful version of the Eraser Cannon technique demonstrated in Broly - Second Coming, which begins as a small green sphere and immensely expands when in contact with a solid object, alternatively known as the Gigantic Meteor. It holds the power of seriously damaging planets or destroying them outright. Named in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, it is also called Gigantic Meteor (in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 and Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World), and Throwing Blaster (in Budokai Tenkaichi 1).
- Gigantic Eraser – A weaker version of the Omega Blaster used by Broly as his super attack in Battle of Z.
- Full Power Energy Wave – A green, fully-powered energy wave used in his base form in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Lariat – The attack Broly used to defeat Vegeta.
- Gigantic Lariat – A technique that allows Broly to ensnare multiple opponents at once and have them at his mercy. Used in the arcade game Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Gigantic Slam – Broly jumps upward and rushes down at his foes with considerable force, using his own body and Energy Shield as a weapon.
- Gigantic Spike – Broly grabs his opponent's face and drives them head first into the ground. Named in Supersonic Warriors 2. It is called Gigantic Driver in Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Gigantic Hammer – A technique in the Budokai Tenkaichi series where Broly punches his opponent, then kicks them upside the head, slams them onto the ground, and finishes the attack by using an uppercut.
- Grab - The first part of Broly's Gigantic Hammer technique. It is Broly's signature attack in the Raging Blast Series.
- Gigantic Buster – A rush attack that Broly uses against Piccolo in Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan. This attack was named in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast and is Broly's ultimate blast in his Super Saiyan 3 form.
- Gigantic Omega – A yellowish green energy wave that is Super Saiyan 3 Broly's ultimate attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Full Charge Gigantic Omega – A more powerful version of the Gigantic Omega used by King of Destruction Broly.
- Gigantic Destruction – Super Saiyan 4 Broly's ultimate attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Super Gigantic Cannon – A Mouth Energy Wave version of the Eraser Cannon. It is the ultimate attack of Golden Great Ape Broly in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Gigantic Genocide (ギガンティックジェノサイド) - Is the ultimate attack of Broly in his Super Saiyan 4 Full Power form in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Gigantic Press – Broly rushes at and tackles his foes with considerable force.
- Hovercraft Punch – Broly rushes at the opponent, and punches them with a great amount of force. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu.
- Heavy Finish - Used as a Legendary Super Saiyan against Super Saiyan Goku late in their battle in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
- High Speed Rush – Used as a Legendary Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Kakarot! – Broly screams "Kakarot" and his attack goes up, he becomes unable to flinch as well. It is one of his Blast 1 in all his forms in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Revenge Demon – A technique used in his Super Saiyan form in Broly - Second Coming, where Broly punches his opponent in the face twice before grabbing their face and throwing them to the ground. The throw is called Gigantic Throw in Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Dashing Punch – The punch used at the start of his Revenge Demon. Broly uses it against Goku in Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan, Videl, and later Goten and Trunks in Broly - Second Coming. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Gigantic Throw – Broly grabs his opponent and proceeds to violently throw them down to the ground.
- Regeneration/Healing Factor – Broly is shown to have an enhanced healing factor compared to normal Saiyans. As a baby he quickly healed from being stabbed through the stomach, after "exploding" from energy at the end of his first appearance he managed to heal his own wounds quickly, and after having his heart the rest of his body explode when he was forced into the sun at the end of his second appearance he managed to regenerate and gain a Zenkai, attaining a Super Saiyan 3 form.
- Baked Sphere – A dark explosive wave utilized by Villainous Mode Broly.
- Explosive Wave – One of Broly's Blast 1 in his Legendary Super Saiyan form in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Seismic Power – Broly transforms into a Legendary Super Saiyan and powers up, causing an earthquake to damage the enemy. Named in Taiketsu, a similar ability is used when Broly powers up before transforming into the Legendary Super Saiyan for the first time in Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan.
- Super Explosive Wave – He unleashes an electrifying, green explosive wave that obliterates nearly anything in its path. Broly can also use this as a gigantic energy shield to protect him from incoming blasts. Broly briefly used this attack on Goku while the latter was knocked out from having his punch being deflected by Broly's energy shield during their battle on New Planet Vegeta.
- Telekinesis – The ability to manipulate people and objects with the mind alone. Broly uses this to strangle Goten.
- Torture Hold – A hold used against Trunks. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Ultra Spirit Sphere – A special ability used by Broly (in his Legendary Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 3 forms) in Dragon Ball Heroes. It puts Broly into sparking mode and quadruples his power.
- Wild Sense – One of Broly's Blast 1 in his base form in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. He uses this variation of the Afterimage Technique in Broly - Second Coming, shortly after blasting Goten and Trunks with an Eraser Cannon with enough power to force them out of their Super Saiyan forms and exhaust them, appearing in front of Goten and Trunks before using the Bloody Smash and smashing them on concrete.
- Saiyan Soul – One of Broly's Blast 1 in his Super Saiyan form in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. It instantly boosts his power for a short amount of time.
- Tornado creation – As shown in the opening of Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Broly and Janemba charging their energy together causes a massive tornado to appear.
- Mind Break – A Card Action Ability utilisable by any of the Kings of Destruction. The user fires a beam at their target that puts them under Babidi's Mind Control.
- Villainous Mode - Broly is given the Villainous Mode power up in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse by Demigra's Wormhole. While using this power up his eyes glow red, and he gains a purple and black aura.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named