This is a list of notable techniques used by Cell which have appeared in the Dragon Ball manga, the anime series Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, and various video games spun off by the Dragon Ball series.
Cell has acid inside his body that is shown when he regenerates his tail while in his first form after Android 16 removed it. He has the ability to revert his form (demonstrated when he reverts to an egg and potentially by his evolving body). It is likely that Cell's asexual reproductive capability in spawning the Cell Juniors (Seru Junia Wo Umidasu) is taken from Piccolo's Namekian physiology. In Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II, the Capsule Corporation database describes the Cell Juniors as being created through cellular mitosis.
Along with Piccolo's regeneration, he has Frieza's ability to survive any injury; after Cell achieves his Super Perfect Form due to his brush with death when he self-destructs, he explains in the original English dub of the anime that this is because each individual cell in his body has a life-force of their own. In the manga, Japanese dub of the original anime, and both versions of Dragon Ball Kai, Cell explains that, like Piccolo, he has a regenerative nucleus in his head; as long as that survives, so does he. Also, his Saiyan cells make him stronger from every near-death injury he survives, thanks to the Saiyans' Zenkai.
Cell has the techniques of those whose cells make up his body from the time when the samples are taken from them. The likes of Goku, Piccolo, and Vegeta have their cells taken during Vegeta's invasion of Earth, while Frieza and King Cold have theirs taken when they invade during the Trunks Saga later.
- Saiyan Power – A Saiyan genetic trait that allows their performance to continually increase against adversity, either by recovering from a near death experience, or by fighting a strong opponent. Inherited from the Saiyans.
- Vocal Mimicry, Alteration and Amplification – Cell has the ability to speak, sing, whisper, yell, hum, etc. in any pitch or tone. He can speak in an extremely low pitch or a very high pitch. He displayed this ability by mimicking Android 17's voice and amplify his own so it could be heard for miles. In the anime, he is shown switching to the voice of his Imperfect form, in order to terrify the people of the Earth during his TV broadcast about the Cell Games.
- Flight – The ability to fly through the use of ki.
- Ki Sense – An ability that allows the user to sense ki and power levels.
- Kamehameha – A powerful Ki blast fired with two hands after concentrating a large amount of Ki. Inherited from Goku.
- Rush Down – The Kamehameha attack used by Cell in Hell against Goku, only for it to be reflected back at him. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Super Kamehameha – An advanced and more powerful version of the Kamehameha.
- Eye Laser - The user shoots laser-like beams from both eyes.
- Big Bang Attack - Cell extends his arm, opens his palm and turns his hand up at a 90 degree angle. He then powers up and fires a powerful energy sphere at the opponent. This attack creates an enormous explosion upon contact and leaves a huge mushroom cloud. Inherited from Vegeta.
- Mouth Energy Wave - An energy wave fired from the mouth.
- Ultimate Blitz – Cell releases a massive energy wave out of his palm and holds it toward his opponent, inflicting damage to the opponent. Named in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Telekinesis – Cell can lift objects of large proportionate sizes into the air with his mind and controlling the use of his hand(s). Inherited from Frieza.
- Psycho Crash - A variation of Telekinesis used by Cell when constructing the Cell Games Arena. Using telekinesis on a large mountain of rock he sculpted it into building materials that he used to build the arena.
- All Clear - An explosive arching-blade like attack used by Cell to completely destroy everything surrounding him.
- Kiai - A technique where the user affects the air currents around him with ki to produce powerful shockwaves in order to strike the opponent at mid range.
- Death Beam – A laser-like projectile which travels very quickly. Taken from Frieza.
- Unforgivable! – Cell pumps himself up like a balloon and explodes after one minute. The resultant explosion is capable of destroying an entire planet. If Cell is attacked in any way before the countdown reaches zero, he will explode immediately. Once activated, according to Cell, he cannot reverse the technique.
- Spirit Bomb - Users of the Spirit Bomb gather huge amounts of energy from all chosen surrounding life forms and inanimate objects to conduct that energy into a massive sphere of astounding destructive power. Inherited from Goku. Cell never uses it in the manga or anime series, though he states that he can use it if he wished.
- Absorption - A technique that involves the user either engulfing a victim completely, or using a part of their body to suck the victim into their body, thus gaining their power and abilities.
- Regeneration - The ability to regrow certain parts of his destroyed anatomy. Inherited from Piccolo. In the manga and most anime version, Cell can regenerate only if the core inside his head is not damaged, though the Funimation dub re-defines this so that he can regenerate provided even a single cell remains, making up for the original contradiction of Cell having his head blown off by Goku's Instant Kamehameha. Also, unlike Piccolo, Cell requires very little energy to regenerate, as even the extreme regeneration of simply his core does not visibly tire him, potentially allowed him to regenerate as much as he wishes with no hindrance in stamina for battle.
- Solar Flare – The user places their hands close to the center of their face with the fingers spread toward their eyes. The user then calls out the name of the technique, which provokes a white light to fire out and blind everything watching except the user, since they are projecting the light. Inherited from Tien.
- Power Stance – A special fighting stance. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Android Barrier - The Red Ribbon Androids' version of the Energy Shield. This technique is used by Cell in all his forms in the Budokai series.
- Perfect Barrier - Cell curls his arms and legs together as he charges a purple aura around his body. He then brings them apart and expels a giant barrier around his body, capable of blocking certain attacks. Named in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, where it is the ultimate move of his Perfect form.
- Birthing Cell Juniors (セルジュニアを生み出す Seru Junia wo Umidasu) - Cell creates Cell Jrs. through cellular mitosis.
Martial Art Techniques
- Tail Attack - Cell can attack his opponents using his powerful tail.
- Backslap – The slap used to defeat Mr. Satan. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
Hold and Throws
- Choke Hold – A hold used against Android 16. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Bear Hug - A grappling clinch hold and stand-up grappling position.
- See Ya! - Cell charges at the opponent and punches them away onto the ground, breaking their neck. Then, he walks toward the opponent and picks them up with his left hand as he places his right hand over their chest. Finally, he fires a large yellow energy wave through the opponent's chest, inflicting a massive amount of damage.
- Bio Impact - Cell crouches down and charges a yellow aura around his body. Then, he charges at the opponent using the yellow aura as a shield, inflicting a great deal of damage.
- Fear Me! - A rush attack used by Cell.
- Perfect Combination – Cell delivers a barrage of punches and kicks to the opponent before slapping them away and elbowing them into the ground.
- Fear Me! – A rush attack finished with a kiai.
- Time to Die – A rush attack and finger beam combo.
Speed and Movement Techniques
- Instant Transmission – The ability to instantly teleport virtually anywhere (by homing in on a ki signature). Inherited from Goku after Cell's self-destruction.
- Power Up – A technique used to amplify one's ki.
- Prelude to Perfect Form - A Power Up used by Imperfect Cell.
- Form Change - Cell's ability to reach his perfect state by absorbing Androids 17 and 18.
- Super Saiyan
- Great Namekian
- Self-destruction form
- Super Saiyan 2
- Dark Evolution (video game only)
- Majin Cell (video game only)
- Villainous Mode (video game only)
- Supervillain (video game only)
Anime only Techniques and Abilities
- Explosive Wave – A technique where the user bursts out ki from all over their body in order to repel the opponents around them.
- Special Beam Cannon - A very powerful laser beam fired from two fingers. Inherited from Piccolo.
- Galick Gun - A powerful, huge, fuchsia-colored energy wave. Inherited from Vegeta, but never used in the manga.
- Negative Power Rain - Cell punches and kicks his opponent into the air, then fires nine energy blasts down at them.
- Multi-Form – Cell splits himself into four identical copies, with all the same power. Inherited from Tien, but never used in the manga.
- Afterimage Strike – The ability to move extremely fast over short distances, leaving an image behind. Inherited from Goku, but never used in the manga.
- Destructo Disc - A razor-sharp disc of Ki that can slice through almost any substance. Inherited from Krillin, but never used in the manga.
- Death Saucer – A chasing energy disk attack that is capable of slicing through anything. Inherited from Frieza, but never used in the manga.
- Ultimate Wave – Cell shoots a large Ki Blast at his opponent which slams them into the ground, and creates a shock wave that also damages the enemy. Used in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Rapid Fire – The user fires rapid energy waves that home in on the opponent.
- Neck Grab – A grab used on an Ogre in Hell. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Hell's Buster – A technique that Cell and Frieza developed together while in Hell. Both Cell and Frieza begin to glow, then a yellow ki emits from both of their bodies, which then envelops their opponent, trapping him/her in an inescapable ki orb. Then both the users throws the orb prison down into the deepest part of Hell, with the prisoner in it. Named Almighty Light Cage in the FUNimation dub.
- Dual Tech – A combined attack used by Frieza and Cell: Cell charges an energy wave and Frieza charges a finger beam, and they then fire the blasts together. They prepared this attack in Dragon Ball GT, but did not fire it. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
Video Game Techniques
DBZ Arcade series
- Phoenix Rise – Cell surrounds his body in a fiery aura, which shapes itself like a phoenix. and jets into the air. It is one of his special moves in Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle.
- Negative Power Rain
- Climbing Attack – A jumping knee strike used in the Butōden series.
- Volleyball Kick-Spike – Perfect Cell's meteor attack in Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 2. Cell grabs his opponent, throws them skyward, then spikes them into the ground with a kick.
- Meteor Self-Destruct – Perfect Cell's meteor attack in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22.
- Battering Ram – The flying headbutt he used against Goku. Named in the Butōden series.
- Rockslide Tackle – A dashing slide kick, followed by a side kick. One of his special attacks in the Butōden series.
- Spirit Bomb
- Judgement Ray - An Energy Barrage and Ki Slash technique.
- Negative Power Rain
- Lasso – Cell punches his opponent, then he picks them up by the leg and spins them around his head, and finally he throws him into the ground.
- Ultimate Attack – Cell kicks the opponent up in the air, where he kicks them more and punches them down again, and finally Cell kicks his opponent in the back when he is down. Used in the Budokai series, where it is also used by Cellin.
- Cybernetic Radar – A High Speed Rush attack finished with a Kiai. Used in Budokai series.
- Cybernetic Shooter – An attack used in Cellin form.
- Machine Gun Attack – An attack used in Cellin form.
- Instant Kamehameha – Cell's ultimate technique in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai. When using it, he utters the words "Farewell... NOW!". Also known as Warp Kamehameha.
- Android Barrier
- Spirit Bomb
Budokai Tenkaichi series
- Rockslide Tackle – A dashing slide kick, followed by a side kick. His dashing strike in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Perfect Barrier
- Spirit Bomb
Supersonic Warriors series
- Chain Destructo Disc – One of Semi-Perfect Cell's special techniques in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2. Inherited from Krillin.
- Light Grenade – One of Semi-Perfect Cell's special techniques in Supersonic Warriors 2. Inherited from Piccolo.
- Twin Drain – A team attack performed by Dr. Gero and Semi-Perfect Cell in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Full Power Rush – Cell pummels his opponent with a long melee combo (25 hits, actually), grabs him, and performs the See Ya! technique. It is his Ultimate K.O. in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Absolute Evil – A team attack used by Cell and Frieza in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Cell Junior Dance – A team combo used by Perfect Cell and the Cell Juniors in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Ultimate Wave
Super Dragon Ball Z
- Hell Needle – Cell fires three blasts diagonally to the left and right of him, preventing opponents to dash out of his way.
- Interrupter – Cell sidesteps to either side, firing two to four needle shots to the opponent as he goes.
- Energy Sphere – A sphere made of ki. Used in boss fight in Dragon Ball Online.
- Fire Breath – Cell-X can has the ability to breath fire. Used in boss fight in Dragon Ball Online.
- Imperfect Bio-Androids – Cell-X can summon Imperfect Bio-Androids. Used in his boss fight in Dragon Ball Online.
Raging Blast series
- Perfect Stance - Cell's signature attack in the Raging Blast series.
- Death Saucer
- Psychic Move
- Villainous Mode - Cell is given the Villainous Mode power up in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. While using this power up his eyes glow red, and he gains a purple and black aura.
- Rage Saucer
- Bloody Sauce
- Baked Sphere
- Drain Charge - An Energy Absorption technique where Cell grabs his opponent and drains their ki and adds it to his own. One of Cell's Super Skills.
- Hyper Drain - A version of Drain Charge where Cell drains an opponent's ki and stamina and adds it to his own.
- Perfect Shot - A green compacted blast of raw energy fired from Cell's fingertips.
- Gravity Impact
- Spirit Bomb
- Father-Son Perfect Kamehameha - A Multiple Kamehameha version of Perfect Kamehameha used by Dark Perfect Cell and the Dark Cell Juniors to kill Gohan in the altered timeline of Age 767.
- Life Absorption (Imperfect form only)
- Zetsumei Bullet (Imperfect form only)
- Super Back Jump
- Afterimage (customization only)
- Solar Flare
- Volleyball Fist (customization only)
- Dodon Ray (customization only)
- Full Power Energy Wave
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley
- Special Beam Cannon
- Perfect Kamehameha
- DUAL Perfect Kamehameha (skill through customization only; secondary assist can be performed by Perfect Cell without it being equipped though this only applies to his Perfect form's skillsets)
- Perfect Kamehameha
- Instant Transmission (customization only)
- Warp Kamehameha (customization only)
- Galick Gun (customization only)
- Death Beam
- All Clear
- Perfect Shot
- Gravity Impact
- Energy Barrier
- Spirit Ball (customization only)
- Spirit Bomb (customization only)
- Ki Explosion (customization only)
- Super Ki Explosion (customization only)
- Charged Ki Wave
- Rise to Action (customization only)
- Energy Charge (customization only)
- Rage Saucer (Supervillain only)
- Bloody Sauce (Supervillain only)
- Villainous Mode (Enemy NPC Awoken Skill)
- Supervillain - The result of a new Dark Magic spell developed by Towa that shaves off life to grant the recipient greater power. First Stage Villainous Mode acts as a power-up which causes the user's eyes to glow pink and emit a sinister black-white aura. In some cases Cell will bulk up briefly before reverting to normal activating the Supervillain power-up. Cell utilizes this power-up in his Imperfect form in the story making him stronger than Android 16 allowing him to subdue and absorb both 17 & 18 at the same time after defeating both Piccolo & Android 16. Also utilized in his Super Perfect form in the climax of the Android Warfare Saga and makes him so powerful that the Future Warrior is sent to assist SSJ2 Gohan by weakening Cell so he loses the enchantment allowing SSJ2 Gohan to overpower and kill him in an clash between the Perfect Kamehameha and Father-Son Kamehameha.
School Quest only
- Imperfect Bio-Android - During his 2nd Lesson Cell will create an Imperfect Cell to face the Future Warrior as a sparring partner.