Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of notable techniques used by Goten which have appeared in the Dragon Ball manga, the anime series Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, and various video games spun off by the Dragon Ball series.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – Goten was taught this ability by his older brother Gohan when latter finds out Goten can turn Super Saiyan but does not know how to fly.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Ki Sense – Goten has the ability to sense life energy.
- Here We Go! – Goten throws a rock at point-blank range.
- High Speed Rush – One of Goten's Blast 2 in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Kamehameha – Like his brother and father before him, Goten is able to use the Kamehameha. He presumably learned this technique during his training with Gohan. In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, when Goten is a Super Saiyan and uses the Kamehameha he says "Kamekameha".
- Kamekameha – Goten is famous for mispronouncing his father's move the Kamehameha by the slip of the tongue calling it "Kamekameha". He first demonstrated this ability at the World Tournament while facing his best friend Trunks.
- Super Kamekameha – A powered up version of the Kamekameha that is Goten's ultimate attack in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 and Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2.
- Super Kamehameha – For this attack, he just needs to charge it longer before releasing it. He uses this Kamehameha as a Super Saiyan during his battle against Baby.
- Bros. Kamehameha – In their Super Saiyan form, Goten and Gohan fire their combined Kamehamehas at the opponent.
- Family Kamehameha – The Family Kamehameha is a technique used when Goten, Gohan, and Goku combine their Kamehamehas against Broly in Broly - Second Coming.
- Friend Kamehameha – This Kamehameha attack was first used in Bio-Broly by Goten and Trunks. They used this attack in an effort to destroy Bio-Broly before he was released from the Bio-Chamber.
- God Kamehameha - A powerful version of the Kamehameha usable by Super Saiyan Goten in Dragon Ball heroes as of GDM7.
- Assault! – Also known as Charge! Goten rams the opponent at a high speed. If he misses, he fires an energy sphere to avoid crashing to the ground and headbuts the opponent in the back. He demonstrates this at the World Tournament, in the match against his best friend Trunks.
- Chaarge! - A weaker version of Assault. It is Goten's signature attack in the Raging Blast series.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley – Goten thrusts his hands back and forth and fires a barrage of small energy waves at his opponent. He uses this technique against Bio-Broly, and later in his battle with Baby, and when he went along with Gohan and Trunks to help Vegeta defeat Omega Shenron. Named in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Goten also uses it in the Butōden series, and he uses the Continuous Kamehameha variation in the Budokai series.
- Fusion Dance – The ability for two beings to become one. Goten performs this ability many times with his friend Trunks, creating the temporarily-fused being, Gotenks. Performing the Fusion Dance improperly can result in a fat or deformed version of Gotenks that are extremely weak, however.
- Consecutive Energy Blast - An energy Barrage technique used by Goten as a Super Skill in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- High Tension Turn - an evasive counterattack used by Goten in Broly - Second Coming that was named in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse where it appears as Goten's evasive skill.
- Full Power Charge - A technique used to power up allowing Goten to restore his ki. One of Goten's Super Skills in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- Taunt - A supportive technique used by Goten in Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly.
- Power Knee – Flies forward and smacks the opponent with his knee and if successful, he will follow up with a high kick. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 3.
- Rolling Thunder Punch – Goten twirls his arm around for a second, then does a big uppercut. Used in Super Butōden 3, where it is called Super Uppercut.
- Response Rush – His meteor attack in Super Butōden 3. Goten grabs his opponent and throws them in the air, then he punches and kicks them, punches them and then knocks them down to the ground with a headbutt.
- Jumping Spark – A turn around kick used in the Butōden series.
- Flying Power Kick – An ascending kick used in the Butōden series.
- Hurricane Sweep – A dashing slide kick used in the Butōden series.
- Kiai – A fast invisible fireball fired from both hands. Used in the Butōden series.
- Meteo Ki Crash – Goten's meteor attack in Ultimate Battle 22. Also used by Trunks.
- Super Goten Strike – One of his super attacks in Ultimate Battle 22. Goten jumps in the sky and fires a white energy sphere at his opponent. Goten uses a similar attack in Dragon Ball GT; he fires it against Baby, who was buried under the broken street during their battle, but evaded the attack without Goten noticing. This attack appears under the generic name Energy Ha ("Energy wave") in Super Butōden 3, and it is named Dragon Power in Dragon Ball Online.
- Super Explosive Wave – A powerful Explosive Wave technique. This was used by Goten when he was possessed by Baby, in order to force Gohan to go Super Saiyan so he could take control of Gohan's body.
- Double Strike – A combined downward kick used in conjunction with Trunks. Used in Dragon Ball GT, and named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Zanku Fist – A rush attack used in the Budokai series.
- Jackhammer – Goten grabs and kicks his opponent up in the air. Used in the Budokai series, where it is also used by Gohan and Krillin.
- Sleep – One of Goten's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Afterimage – One of Goten's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Wild Sense – One of Super Saiyan Goten's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- False Courage – One of Super Saiyan Goten's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Kikoukenjutsu Sword Style – Goten and Trunks developed and founded this Sword style and many of its techniques (which are seen in Dragon Ball Online).
- Dragon Claw Dance (龍爪演舞) - is the super attack of Xeno Goten in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Rock, Scissors 'N' Paper - One of Goten's attacks in Dragon Ball Fusions, he might have learned it from Goku.