This is a list of notable techniques used by Krillin that have appeared in the Dragon Ball manga, the anime series Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT, and various video games spun off by the series.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Ki Sense – Krillin is capable of sensing the energy of his foes. It is noted that Krillin is a master sensor, as he was able to sense Perfect Cell's full power just by being hit by him once (while he was heavily suppressed), and could sense that Future Trunks had a further transformation.
- Speed Ki Blast – Krillin's signature attack in the Raging Blast games.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley – Used in the Butōden series (named Renzoku Energy Dan) and the first Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Best Headbutt (全力頭突き) – Krillin's headbutt technique. He uses a headbutt to defeat Paul and impress his sister Mint, while he was at the Popo Poco Volcano village, and he later uses the technique against Cell during the Imperfect Cell Saga when he struggles to save Tommy and his sister from the monster. It is one of his super attack as an adult in Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu (named Super Head-Butt), and as a kid Dragon Ball Heroes (named Best Headbutt).
- Balloon Technique (Fūsenka) – Krillin sucks in some air, causing him to inflate like a balloon and float. He uses this technique during his battle against Goku in the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament.
- Farting (Sukashippe) – Krillin goes above an opponent and farts in their face. Used as a revenge after Bacterian did the same to him.
- Orin Combo - A rush technique learned by Krillin during his training at the Orin Temple which appears as one of his Super Skills in the Xenoverse series. Krillin performs a rush attack while ascending then delivers a final strike that knocks the opponent downwards.
- Rengeki – A rush attack used in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans. Krillin can combine it with Yamcha's and Tien's rush attacks to form the Earthling Strike. Krillin's High Speed Rush in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai is the Berserk Fist/Valiant Fist, and he also uses the Zanku Fist and the Jackhammer.
- Kamehameha – Krillin learns the move by just watching Goku and Yamcha use it, and he uses this move for the first time in the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament against Chiaotzu.
- Reverse Kamehameha – Krillin uses the Reverse Kamehameha in the Butōden series to perform attacks like headbutts or knee smashes. He also uses the Knee Drop in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Super Kamehameha - A stronger version of the Kamehameha originally developed by Goku. Can be learned by Krillin as a Special Move in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Full Power Kamehameha – A stronger variant of the Kamehameha used against Frieza in the PSP game Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai.
- Multiple Kamehameha - A team Kamehameha attack used by Krillin and his allies.
- Team Work Kamehameha – A double Kamehameha attack used by Krillin and Yamcha in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Kamehame Fever - A team Kamehameha used by Krillin, Yamcha, and Goku.
- Master-Student Kamehameha - A team Kamehameha used by Krillin, Goku, and Master Roshi against Dr. Wheelo in the film Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest.
- Friend Kamehameha - A team Kamehameha used by Krillin, Goten, and Trunks on Broly's deformed clone in the film Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly.
- Double Tsuihikidan – A move where Krillin fires two energy waves that target his enemy. Krillin used this technique against Piccolo in the 23th World Martial Arts Tournament. It was named Homing Energy Wave in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast.
- Scattering Bullet – After witnessing the death of Yamcha, Krillin fires a Ki blast at his enemy. Right before it hits, the attack flies above his target and scatters apart resulting in several small but powerful blasts.
- Jumping Energy Wave - An energy wave fired at the ground to propel Krillin upwards. Used by Krillin in both the manga and anime while distracting Nappa so Piccolo could grab the Saiyan's tail. Named in Xenoverse 2.
- Destructo Disc – Also known as Kienzan, is an attack invented by Krillin that has very sharp edges that can cut through just about anything. Originally used by Krillin during the fight with Nappa, though Vegeta managed to warn Nappa to dodge in time causing Nappa to only receive a small cut on his cheek.
- Dual Destructo-Disc – A team attack used by Krillin and Android 18 in the Nintendo DS game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Chain Destructo Disc Barrage – A rapid-fire version of the Destructo Disc used by Krillin against Frieza.
- Super Destructo-Disc – A more powerful version of the Destructo Disc used by Krillin in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Solar Flare – An attack that can blind anyone who is facing the user unless their eyes are closed. Krillin used this technique against Dodoria, Frieza in his second form and (in the anime) Imperfect Cell.
- Solar Flare x100 - An enhanced version of the Solar Flare that strengthens the blinding effect to where it can also blind if the opponent's eyes are closed, and they will also be unable to sense the user's ki, leaving them completely defenseless. It was developed and named by Krillin in Dragon Ball Super.
- Heavenly Sunlight – A combined Solar Flare attack used with Tien Shinhan in Attack of the Saiyans.
- S. Sun Flare Destructo-Disc - A combination of Solar Flare and Destructo-Disc used by Krillin as his Final Ultimate Combo in Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden.
- After Image Technique – An attack that leaves multiple false images of the user. The Afterimage Strike is one of his Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Tri-Beam – Tien Shinhan's signature attack. Krillin can use it in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors.
- Tri-Form – Used against Nappa along with Piccolo to create three versions of himself that could fight. Krillin uses this technique only in the anime.
- Risking it all for a friend – Krillin jumps in the way of an incoming Ki Blast to save Gohan. Used during the Garlic Jr. Saga.
- Photon Bomber – An energy sphere used by Krillin as a final attack to destroy Dr. Gero's laboratory.
- Spirit Bomb – The ultimate technique that King Kai taught to Goku. In the story of Supersonic Warriors, after dying of the heart virus, Goku comes back for a day to teach this technique and the Kaio-ken to Krillin. Krillin ultimately uses the technique to kill Cell during the Cell Games.
- Fusion Spirit Bomb - A team attack variation of the Spirit Bomb used by Gohan, Krillin, and Goku where Goku gives the energy he collected to Krillin to try and defeat Vegeta. Krillin manages to throw the technique but Vegeta dodges, though Goku telepathically tells Gohan to bounce it back as he is pure of heart and will not be effected, causing the attack to hit Vegeta. However the Saiyan manages to survive the attack, though is weakened as a result.
- Spirit Ball – Used against Kid Buu when he attacks the Majin in the Other World along with Yamcha in the anime. Krillin can perform this homing technique in Supersonic Warriors 2 as well.
- Senkouken – A dashing punch used in the Butōden series.
- Shockwave Kick – A turn around kick used in the Butōden series.
- Gariou Kick – A dashing slide kick used in the Butōden series.
- Diving Kick – A diving double foot stomp. Named in the Butōden series. He also uses it as his diving smash in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Meteo Irritation – His meteor attack in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22.
- Flicker – Krillin jumps and rolls past the enemy. Used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
During the Battle on Planet Namek after meeting Namekian Grand Elder Guru, he used his Drawing out Dormant Power on Krillin to draw out the Earthling's hidden potential greatly increasing his power allowing Krillin to fight against the likes of the Ginyu Force and Frieza himself. Appears as a transformation in some video games.
A power-up technique invented by King Kai and taught to Goku. In Supersonic Warriors, in Krillin's What-if Saga, Krillin is taught the technique by Goku, which allows Krillin to become powerful enough to face Cell in the Cell Games. Krillin can also use the Kaio-ken as a transformation Super Skill in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.